Taiko Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taiko @ Arcadia 2009 (success!)

+19
jenny_amh
PegaKok
DarkOni++
Skyne Keira
adri
th_newbie
mitsurugi
hayatekazama
HareHareYukai
gepi
Giazenshia
Ice_
YukariKaito
Zenova
まきお
yuu_yuki
Rubyrain
Mint
ongchinkai
23 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Taiko @ Arcadia 2009 (success!) - Page 6 Empty Re: Taiko @ Arcadia 2009 (success!)

Post by まきお Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:33 am

Wow, can countdown the days to the long-awaited competition already. 11 days to Natsu Matsuri, and 12 days to the Taiko Competition @ Arcadia. Anyway, let's hope the price can be lowered to at least $5.00, which I think its affordable to everyone of all ages.

And yup, perhaps for people like myself, adri, fluorescene, or maya, its best to drink lots and lots of water in the morning (5.00am) before going back to sleep so that we don't dehydrate too fast on that day.... that is, if any of us are taking part in the competition~

EDIT: lol, I'm at the top of the page again DanceDance
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Taiko @ Arcadia 2009 (success!) - Page 6 Empty Re: Taiko @ Arcadia 2009 (success!)

Post by yuu_yuki Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:57 pm

Rubyrain wrote:honestly speaking the whole rules and regulations thing is very confusing. and i think $10 to register is a little too much la. haha. if that's e case, den u will only have the more "pro" players competing against each other, cuz i rather spend $10 on tokens and play on my own. hahas. sorry to be a wet blanket but that's my honest opinion. xD

Join la, zabor..
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by adri Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:29 pm

huh maya also ?
adri
adri
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:30 pm

My confirmation: I'm joining. Now waiting for registration.

Just sad that the Muslims would not be able to perform to their full potential. Your health is more important than the game, so if you're feeling unwell before, in the middle or after the match, please tell us.
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:58 pm

yuu_yuki wrote:
Rubyrain wrote:honestly speaking the whole rules and regulations thing is very confusing. and i think $10 to register is a little too much la. haha. if that's e case, den u will only have the more "pro" players competing against each other, cuz i rather spend $10 on tokens and play on my own. hahas. sorry to be a wet blanket but that's my honest opinion. xD

Join la, zabor..

c how la... really. besides, i lazy go down to iluma specially just to register for e comp leh~ my work place go city area is like, damn inconvenient loh.

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:06 am

Details have been confirmed. Despite being promised that if the registration fee will be cut if I were to reduce the competition duration, I'm still not very satisfied with the registration fee but there isn't much I can do about it. Oh well.

EDIT: I'm providing an early bird incentive. Check the edited details. Smile

Last edited by ongchinkai on Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:08 am

Rubyrain wrote:
yuu_yuki wrote:

Join la, zabor..

c how la... really. besides, i lazy go down to iluma specially just to register for e comp leh~ my work place go city area is like, damn inconvenient loh.

Now the registration fees confirmed to be $9 per pax la.
So join lehz.

ongchinkai wrote:Taiko @ Arcadia 2009

Details
Date: Aug 23, 2009 (Sun)
Time: 12pm - 4pm
Venue: Arcadia @ Iluma

The first seven participants who sign up before Aug 15, 2009 will be eligible for a discounted fee of $8 - out of my own pockets. I'm serious. Smile
Maximum 24 participants (but may be raised, depending on participation)
Registration opens Aug 12, 2009. Registration forms are available at the Iluma counter, and a copy of the registration form will be made available online for download, but it has to be submitted at Iluma.

Prizes
Entry into Arcadia Hall of Fame for top 3 players + $30 worth of prizes for the winner

So zabor, faster go join. Hahahahahahaha
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by hayatekazama Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:30 am

lol.. I sure first 7 to sign up cos I got meeting at iluma at 9am tml.. LOL!!!!
hayatekazama
hayatekazama
駆けだし
駆けだし

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:18 am

CK,
I've posted up in sgcafe. Will be posting up the flyers/poster when i receive from Arcadia.

Btw, i've went to hardwarezone but can't find a suitable place to post this competition. Anyone has any idea which forum to publicize?
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:39 am

I'll go on Saturday after my trip to Suntec to register.
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:10 pm

haha i wait until 21st. If got enuf ppl le i wun join. sorry la zabor, but i really bu yao. haha. u joining?

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by PegaKok Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:17 pm

yuu_yuki wrote:CK,
I've posted up in sgcafe. Will be posting up the flyers/poster when i receive from Arcadia.

Btw, i've went to hardwarezone but can't find a suitable place to post this competition. Anyone has any idea which forum to publicize?

http://www.playpark.net/forums

Random forum... =X
PegaKok
PegaKok
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:35 pm

Rubyrain wrote:haha i wait until 21st. If got enuf ppl le i wun join. sorry la zabor, but i really bu yao. haha. u joining?

If i join, you join, deal?

@Pega,
that forum i also not sure which section to post sia.. It's like all maple/asia-soft de..
btw, the website says:

www.playpark.net uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate expired on 6/21/2009 7:59 AM.

(Error code: sec_error_expired_certificate)

So if you have account there, will you mind doing the honor to post up the taiko12 event for us? =D

Or anyone out there can help us publicize this event in forums that you're familiar with? Thanks!!
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by PegaKok Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:12 pm

yuu_yuki wrote:
Rubyrain wrote:haha i wait until 21st. If got enuf ppl le i wun join. sorry la zabor, but i really bu yao. haha. u joining?

If i join, you join, deal?

@Pega,
that forum i also not sure which section to post sia.. It's like all maple/asia-soft de..
btw, the website says:

www.playpark.net uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate expired on 6/21/2009 7:59 AM.

(Error code: sec_error_expired_certificate)

So if you have account there, will you mind doing the honor to post up the taiko12 event for us? =D

Or anyone out there can help us publicize this event in forums that you're familiar with? Thanks!!

I have an account there. They have their own backyard section.
PegaKok
PegaKok
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:13 pm

Maximum 24 participants (but may be raised, depending on participation)
Registration opens Aug 12, 2009. Registration forms are available at the Iluma counter, and a copy of the registration form will be made available online for download, but it has to be submitted at Iluma.

Sky made a wasted trip today morning, so not sure if the forms are up in the afternoon??

@Pega,
help us publicize there? =p
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by PegaKok Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:44 pm

lol... I think that forum down now.

I cannot even update the post successfully. Neither I could create another thread nor post reply over there now. zzz!~

Noob forum server.
PegaKok
PegaKok
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:45 pm

PegaKok wrote:lol... I think that forum down now.

I cannot even update the post successfully. Neither I could create another thread nor post reply over there now. zzz!~

Noob forum server.

Lolz, help us post later. keke~
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:05 pm

$9 arh... k lor~ i can use for 3 days de lunch money leh. LOL.

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by PegaKok Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:06 pm

Getting pissed off with their 2nd forum. So hard to use, and now... cannot even do anything.

Up to now, that thread still shows me:
Title - Taiko no Tatsujin 12 Competition - 23 Aug 2009 (Sunday), 12pm-4pm
Content:
There was a Taiko Arcade thread at http://www.playpark.net/forums/viewthread/656/.

Now, Arcadia will be having a competition for Taiko12. Details as per below:

Probably there's a glitch in PlayPark Forum (Note that they spilt the forums into 2... the other forum is AsiaSoftSEA Forums). I somehow managed to post it in detail.

PlayParkSEA Forums URL: http://www.playpark.net/forums/viewthread/15962/
AsiaSoftSEA Forums URL: http://forums.asiasoftsea.net/showthread.php?t=667467
PegaKok
PegaKok
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:56 pm

So, this question just came into my mind.

Let's take a few songs for an example, like bai hua, taiko ranbu and such, we know what rolling at the beginning will change the song notes forever.

If like that is it up to the person to decide which element to play (water, wind or fire) or both must play same element?

Or both players agrees (and wants) to play in 2x? (Due to the song too slow). Can that be granted as well?

Can I swap sticks as well? Like before the song starts, I want to use my heavy ones instead of my drumsticks due to accuracy and grip wise. If so, I want to take this chance to polish/lacquer and repair + modify my sticks to be in tip top condition before the competition.
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:47 pm

Giazenshia wrote:Let's take a few songs for an example, like bai hua, taiko ranbu and such, we know what rolling at the beginning will change the song notes forever.

If like that is it up to the person to decide which element to play (water, wind or fire) or both must play same element?

You are free to choose which version you want to play. Smile

Giazenshia wrote:Or both players agrees (and wants) to play in 2x? (Due to the song too slow). Can that be granted as well?

If you can convince the referee(s) that the other player was not persuaded or coerced in any way into agreeing to play with speed modifiers, then by all means.

Giazenshia wrote:Can I swap sticks as well? Like before the song starts, I want to use my heavy ones instead of my drumsticks due to accuracy and grip wise. If so, I want to take this chance to polish/lacquer and repair + modify my sticks to be in tip top condition before the competition.

As stated in the rules, you are free to use your personal drumsticks, as long as they do not interfere in any way with the other player(s). I should also add that it should not interfere with subsequent game play.
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:05 pm

Uploaded competition poster, registration form and competition rules. Download them @ http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TYIYVZZG

EDIT: The early bird discount is unofficial - in other words, Arcadia does not know about it. What I will do is, I will find out from Arcadia the identities of the seven earliest participants and give them the rebate. In case anyone wanted to know...
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by PegaKok Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:10 am

ongchinkai wrote:Uploaded competition poster, registration form and competition rules. Download them @ http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TYIYVZZG

EDIT: The early bird discount is unofficial - in other words, Arcadia does not know about it. What I will do is, I will find out from Arcadia the identities of the seven earliest participants and give them the rebate. In case anyone wanted to know...

"Download limit exceeded"
PegaKok
PegaKok
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:22 am

ongchinkai wrote:Uploaded competition poster, registration form and competition rules. Download them @ http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TYIYVZZG

If anyone keep getting the download exceeded from megaupload, then here's another download link with unlimited bandwidth and download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?awhknnvgxm0

@Zabor,
So on liaoz ma?? I join, you also join.

@pega,
Thanks alot for posting!! =D
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by PegaKok Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:30 am

Np Yuu.
PegaKok
PegaKok
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next