Taiko Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taiko @ Arcadia 2009 (success!)

+19
jenny_amh
PegaKok
DarkOni++
Skyne Keira
adri
th_newbie
mitsurugi
hayatekazama
HareHareYukai
gepi
Giazenshia
Ice_
YukariKaito
Zenova
まきお
yuu_yuki
Rubyrain
Mint
ongchinkai
23 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Taiko @ Arcadia 2009 (success!) - Page 5 Empty Re: Taiko @ Arcadia 2009 (success!)

Post by まきお Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:14 am

Splendid, CK... I feel the whole forum owes CK big time for taking up this lead role in liasing and negotiating with Arcadia for this event.

Unfortunately, just like gepi, I'm also not free on that day. However, I will try my best to get a full or at least half-day leave on this day just to show my support of this event. So for now, its sadly tentative for me.

Perhaps maybe this thread should be moved to the Events and Gatherings section since that at least 95% of the programme has been confirmed? lol
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Taiko @ Arcadia 2009 (success!) - Page 5 Empty Re: Taiko @ Arcadia 2009 (success!)

Post by ongchinkai Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:19 am

まきお wrote:Splendid, CK... I feel the whole forum owes CK big time for taking up this lead role in liasing and negotiating with Arcadia for this event.

Unfortunately, just like gepi, I'm also not free on that day. However, I will try my best to get a full or at least half-day leave on this day just to show my support of this event. So for now, its sadly tentative for me.

Perhaps maybe this thread should be moved to the Events and Gatherings section since that at least 95% of the programme has been confirmed? lol

I understand that the date clashes with the Toys Convention over at Suntec, but I have to say that this date was not chosen by me; Arcadia wants to ride the hype, and any later date would clash with exams (prep and otherwise).

Having said that, it's a good chance to not just showcase your skills, but make friends with fellow enthusiasts not just from TKDJ. I believe in the saying, "Every stranger is a friend I have yet to meet." Smile
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:10 am

CK, once everything's confirmed, can i quote your post and publish it to sgcafe? I'll do the facebook events as well.

Does anyone has account on hardwarezone?
And what other forums can we "advertise" the comp?
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:18 am

yuu_yuki wrote:CK, once everything's confirmed, can i quote your post and publish it to sgcafe? I'll do the facebook events as well.

Does anyone has account on hardwarezone?
And what other forums can we "advertise" the comp?

There's a new Taiko 12 thread which I created in the Other Games section in SGCafe. Can post it there too if you like

Edit: @CK: erm.. its work that I'm referring to... lol
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Skyne Keira Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:51 pm

erm...noob like mi go there like epic fail...
i think 1st round = ko...
lol.

Skyne Keira
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsurugi Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:39 pm

@Makio: Agreed, we should all thank ck for his commitment... Thank you very much ck!

Question, what about the speed and dian dao options of the game? Will we not use them for the competition? Because if challenger A plays all 4 times speed I'll be very dead Razz
mitsurugi
mitsurugi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by gepi Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:27 pm

mitsurugi wrote:@Makio: Agreed, we should all thank ck for his commitment... Thank you very much ck!

Question, what about the speed and dian dao options of the game? Will we not use them for the competition? Because if challenger A plays all 4 times speed I'll be very dead Razz

nobody would be so imba I believe.

btw I think need to draw lots to determine who's using which side of drum. in case there are people like me.
gepi
gepi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:02 am

mitsurugi wrote:Question, what about the speed and dian dao options of the game? Will we not use them for the competition? Because if challenger A plays all 4 times speed I'll be very dead Razz

Good question.

All songs will be chosen from original speed (ie, no 2x/3x/4x/inverted).
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:58 am

ongchinkai wrote:
mitsurugi wrote:Question, what about the speed and dian dao options of the game? Will we not use them for the competition? Because if challenger A plays all 4 times speed I'll be very dead Razz

Good question.

All songs will be chosen from original speed (ie, no 2x/3x/4x/inverted).

OH shi.... I'm in big trouble. You guys should know the rest.

Hopefully won't tio damn slow song like Tong Hua... (And remember the accidentally choose Stage AC 4x? lol)

So CK, if we get "odd" number of participants how? Like we got 22 people so 22/3 = 21 (and 1 extra remainder)
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:22 pm

=Officially moved to Events Section=
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:53 pm

Giazenshia wrote:So CK, if we get "odd" number of participants how? Like we got 22 people so 22/3 = 21 (and 1 extra remainder)

I've made arrangements in cases like this, but I shall not reveal them...yet. Smile
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsurugi Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:28 pm

Just came back from Iluma, wanted to sign up today but apparently the staff of arcadia had no idea whatsoever about the competition... They tried to make me sign up in the eternal wheel tournament(?)... So ended up playing and changing my name to kyou Very Happy
mitsurugi
mitsurugi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by adri Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:43 pm

when would sign up start ? and we cant play any 10 star songs ?
adri
adri
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsurugi Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:12 pm

adri wrote:when would sign up start ? and we cant play any 10 star songs ?

I guess some of us will be lucky to hear that...If you choose Ekiben I think most of the competition die on the first song already(me) Very Happy
mitsurugi
mitsurugi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:00 am

Some slight changes to the schedule. Date is most likely going to be pushed back, and so is registration. I will inform you when registration begins.

@adri: From what I notice not many players in Singapore can play the full range of 10* songs, so I have to adjust my sights accordingly (just that those that can play seem to be mostly here, haha). I want to try this out for the first competition, and if I get feedback for this, maybe I'll consider this for the next one *hint hint*.
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by hayatekazama Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:48 am

wow.. great work chin kai, nicely done.. oh btw I dont think I will be able to enter in the competition reason being is cos I'm part of mushroom/swoosh aka part of arcadia as well, I got feeling they might sooner or later ask me for help too..
hayatekazama
hayatekazama
駆けだし
駆けだし

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:06 am

hayatekazama wrote:wow.. great work chin kai, nicely done.. oh btw I dont think I will be able to enter in the competition reason being is cos I'm part of mushroom/swoosh aka part of arcadia as well, I got feeling they might sooner or later ask me for help too..

If that's what you're concerned with then it isn't a problem. Only concern is if you're working on that day then too bad, haha. Same goes for gray. Smile
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:02 pm

ongchinkai wrote:Some slight changes to the schedule. Date is most likely going to be pushed back, and so is registration. I will inform you when registration begins.

@adri: From what I notice not many players in Singapore can play the full range of 10* songs, so I have to adjust my sights accordingly (just that those that can play seem to be mostly here, haha). I want to try this out for the first competition, and if I get feedback for this, maybe I'll consider this for the next one *hint hint*.

Oh so its no longer on the 15th? On the 23rd now... wow thats the day after Natsu Matsuri
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsurugi Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:26 pm

NOOOOOOOOOO one day after Natsu matsuri...
Cannot go anymore dang it...
Will pass on the competition then...
mitsurugi
mitsurugi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by hayatekazama Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:48 am

ongchinkai wrote:
hayatekazama wrote:wow.. great work chin kai, nicely done.. oh btw I dont think I will be able to enter in the competition reason being is cos I'm part of mushroom/swoosh aka part of arcadia as well, I got feeling they might sooner or later ask me for help too..

If that's what you're concerned with then it isn't a problem. Only concern is if you're working on that day then too bad, haha. Same goes for gray. Smile

well I SHOULD be working on that day.. lol so thats too bad.. XD
since its on a sunday.. let say I work morning shift.. 10am to 6pm, by the time I finish work, the tourney would be over..
now let say I work night shift.. 5pm to 1am, I can join.. but will never be able to make it into the finals.. XD unless I tell them I dont mind being late.. but wat are the chances of me getting into the finals eh? oh wait make that semi finals XD
hayatekazama
hayatekazama
駆けだし
駆けだし

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:19 am

More updates, not all positive. Check the front page.

Also, be prepared for a rules overhaul.
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:39 pm

As I await confirmation from Arcadia, there is a few points which I want everyone to be very clear about.

1. Even though we have our aims and Arcadia has theirs, ultimately we do NOT have the chips to negotiate for better terms whatsoever.

Organizing a competition with AN intention of generating public interest is fine; organizing a competition with THE intention of generating public interest is generally not feasible - note my usage of words here.

2. This competition is NOT for Taikodojo ONLY. Members of the public are involved; we are participating in the capacity of a member of public.

3. A competition rewards the best - if you have the skills, good for you; if you have the guts to knock the best off his perch, by all means try. Nothing is 100% certain until you try.

ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:31 am

honestly speaking the whole rules and regulations thing is very confusing. and i think $10 to register is a little too much la. haha. if that's e case, den u will only have the more "pro" players competing against each other, cuz i rather spend $10 on tokens and play on my own. hahas. sorry to be a wet blanket but that's my honest opinion. xD

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by adri Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:02 pm

i just realised ill be fasting on that day lol die cannot drink water haha
adri
adri
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkOni++ Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:20 pm

@adri,

Haha, sweat alot (too much sweat)=dehydration.
At this time you and I cant go for tounament. Coz I'm cuming on 21st that is 1st day of fasting mnth. Shit I can't resist taiko-ing.. Just a 3 day trip to check ojisan and obasan whether they're okay or not. Then chow cos after that got my sis exam.

DarkOni++
駆けだし
駆けだし

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next