Taiko Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taiko @ Arcadia 2009: Competition feedback

+11
-x(Dex)x-
PegaKok
gepi
mitsurugi
Rubyrain
adri
Kyon
Giazenshia
hayatekazama
yuu_yuki
ongchinkai
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Taiko @ Arcadia 2009: Competition feedback Empty Taiko @ Arcadia 2009: Competition feedback

Post by ongchinkai Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:55 am

Alright, I've converted this into a thread to gather feedback on the competition, targeted at both players and spectators. If you can, please take a bit of time to answer this short survey. It's just a series of yes-no questions, but you may include reasons for your answers (in fact, I'd appreciate that!). Thanks!

1. Was the competition date, day and/or time inconvenient to you in any way?
  2. Was the allocation of contestants into their respective groups satisfactorily carried out?
  3. Was the event flow compact enough?
  4. Was the breaks in-between the rounds enough?
  5. Did you feel that participation in the competition was/would have been worthwhile?
  6. What improvements do you feel can be made?

If possible, I'd like to gather as much feedback as I can, because Arcadia (read: Adrian's boss, who turned up today) was very pleased with the turnout and response today, and they are keen in following up with a competition of greater scale (I want it to be in December, hopefully!), with the promise of better prizes, lower registration fees etc. Therefore I'd encourage you to be as forthcoming with your feedback as you can. Smile

Last edited by ongchinkai on Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Taiko @ Arcadia 2009: Competition feedback Empty Re: Taiko @ Arcadia 2009: Competition feedback

Post by yuu_yuki Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:39 am

The only problem with the drum is the 2, as far as it's concerned.
The insides of 2R been chipped and i doubt replacement parts will arrive before our competition. So what you suggest ck?
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Taiko @ Arcadia 2009: Competition feedback Empty Re: Taiko @ Arcadia 2009: Competition feedback

Post by hayatekazama Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:45 am

2L the left don got problem.. it wont detect.. proven and tested by ricky today while he playing with me.. is there anyway to solve this problem?
hayatekazama
hayatekazama
駆けだし
駆けだし

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:58 am

3R [left kat] has a little problem cause my drumsticks somehow couldn't sense it at certain times.

Same for 3L [right kat]. And I noticed kids playing like anyhow whack/slam....could be the factor.
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:15 am

Giazenshia wrote:3R [left kat] has a little problem cause my drumsticks somehow couldn't sense it at certain times.

Same for 3L [right kat]. And I noticed kids playing like anyhow whack/slam....could be the factor.

So far, i have no problems with the 3R or 3L (which is originally moved from 2), it works perfectly fine for me.

Maybe it's different bachi perhaps?
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:47 am

yuu_yuki wrote:
Giazenshia wrote:3R [left kat] has a little problem cause my drumsticks somehow couldn't sense it at certain times.

So far, i have no problems with the 3R or 3L (which is originally moved from 2), it works perfectly fine for me.

Maybe it's different bachi perhaps?

Didn't have any problems beforehand when we swapped the drums that time. Now it does. I just have to input a little bit more strength which resulted in a blister today.

Just that I see kids playing like spoiling the machine with their anyhow whack and bash, I get worried.
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyon Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:30 am

hayatekazama wrote:2L the left don got problem.. it wont detect.. proven and tested by ricky today while he playing with me.. is there anyway to solve this problem?

yup,i gt problem with 2L also

Kyon
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by adri Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:26 am

i got a problem with people choosing cymbals as the sound .. should be banned >.>
adri
adri
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:58 am

lol its nice~! but okay la after awhile the novelty fades off and the original drums sounds better again. haha.

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by hayatekazama Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:43 am

ok.. damn 2R sometimes cannot kat.. lol.. i hate this.. >_>
hayatekazama
hayatekazama
駆けだし
駆けだし

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsurugi Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:46 am

Agree, sometimes the 2R right kat senses kat as don... otherwise not at all...
mitsurugi
mitsurugi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:50 pm

This is now a thread for feedback gathering. Thanks! Smile
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:41 am

Competition wise, everything was smooth. Fun, but the delay was a little irritating sometimes...

And most importantly, I feel like the random program... kelong... Why so many Chinese songs?

Other than that, a good game and a good job well done.
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by gepi Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:54 am

Giazenshia wrote:Competition wise, everything was smooth. Fun, but the delay was a little irritating sometimes...

And most importantly, I feel like the random program... kelong... Why so many Chinese songs?

actually I think the delay was more of due to us running around. like people zhao and run to toilet at the start.

chinese songs is because there's 36 chinese songs. out of like around 130 songs there. so there's around 1/4 chance.

I think that the price is too steep. I guess that's the main reason why almost nobody from the public dared to take part. and probably display the judging criteria somewhere? I think the only place where the judging criteria is available before the competition is here.
gepi
gepi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyon Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:33 am

<>

1.Was the competition date, day and/or time inconvenient to you in any way?

if timing made bit later like 1.30pm / 2pm might be better ? *more people*

2.Was the allocation of contestants into their respective groups satisfactorily carried out?

its random choose so i think shld be all right

3.Was the event flow compact enough?

still okay ??

4.Was the breaks in-between the rounds enough?

enough,since each player gt 'extra' time to their next time,as in not 5min their turns again

5.Did you feel that participation in the competition was/would have been worthwhile?

i dun think so ...

6.What improvements do you feel can be made?

- Could able to intro more people into taiko *as in intro them to this forum*

- song try not to keep on click on random as some may think its unfair?? even it might be a 2star song or it repeated,1 click of random shld decide *juz my 5cents of view anyway*

Kyon
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:20 am

gepi wrote:
Giazenshia wrote:Competition wise, everything was smooth. Fun, but the delay was a little irritating sometimes...

actually I think the delay was more of due to us running around. like people zhao and run to toilet at the start.

Delay I mean the sound lag from both machine when playing the same song... Not the delay from people running to toilet (anyway the longest delay was like 1 minute so who cares)
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by hayatekazama Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:09 am

I seriously do suggest remove the chinese songs... XD
anyway from wat I think, yes 9 bucks is a little too steep, that's a reason why not much people from public actually joined.. Tornado has lots of money... (but of cos not enough to recover from all the money loan to create Tornado in Iluma.. but I think they should try to at least maybe reduce the pricing next time... which I think that might attract more people joining too...

other den that.. hmm let see, anything else seems to go smoothly... so ya, I came early at 11am already saw CK and Yuu there testing out the sound system etc. kudos to them! You guys have done a great job for this!

The next taiko competition I shall try to request for an off day.. XD
hayatekazama
hayatekazama
駆けだし
駆けだし

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:14 am

Kyon wrote:<>

5.Did you feel that participation in the competition was/would have been worthwhile?

i dun think so ...

- song try not to keep on click on random as some may think its unfair?? even it might be a 2star song or it repeated,1 click of random shld decide *juz my 5cents of view anyway*

I agree. Esp on the last point. just click once on the random button and the contestants have to play whatever comes out, instead of "refreshing" repeatedly.

also a pity that the stronger players ended up killing each other in the early stages. otherwise it would have been more interesting. haha.

i understand ck and mint and yuu put quite alot of effort into organising this competition and i think we all appreciate that very much.

just for myself though, unless arcadia can do something about the registration eg. free door gifts or lower registration fees, I wouldn't want to join the next few competitions.

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by PegaKok Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:19 pm

ongchinkai wrote:Alright, I've converted this into a thread to gather feedback on the competition, targeted at both players and spectators. If you can, please take a bit of time to answer this short survey. It's just a series of yes-no questions, but you may include reasons for your answers (in fact, I'd appreciate that!). Thanks!

1. Was the competition date, day and/or time inconvenient to you in any way?
  2. Was the allocation of contestants into their respective groups satisfactorily carried out?
  3. Was the event flow compact enough?
  4. Was the breaks in-between the rounds enough?
  5. Did you feel that participation in the competition was/would have been worthwhile?
  6. What improvements do you feel can be made?

If possible, I'd like to gather as much feedback as I can, because Arcadia (read: Adrian's boss, who turned up today) was very pleased with the turnout and response today, and they are keen in following up with a competition of greater scale (I want it to be in December, hopefully!), with the promise of better prizes, lower registration fees etc. Therefore I'd encourage you to be as forthcoming with your feedback as you can. Smile

Was the competition date, day and/or time inconvenient to you in any way?
It will be better if the competition starts after lunch hour. This will be the time crowds will come.

Did you feel that participation in the competition was/would have been worthwhile?
Doubt so.

What improvements do you feel can be made?
[random]Categorised into 2 groups - Muzu group & Oni group after Group stage???
At final round of each group, they will play Oni up to 7/8*(for Muzu group) & Oni 9/10*(for Oni group)[/random]

Just click once on the "random" button.
PegaKok
PegaKok
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by -x(Dex)x- Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:36 pm

Well i would have rathered a Saturday than a Sunday. Cause if i had to book in i wouldent have been able to play all the way. : P

2.Was the allocation of contestants into their respective groups satisfactorily carried out?

Since it was all randomised, we cant really say its not 'fair' or whatever. I think random selections are ok but some ppl will end up knocking each other out early when they really could have made if much farther.

Yes. But our MC should have a loud hailer or something : )

Most of the time.

Well i enjoyed it : P

A bit more publicity would be nice. Haha maybe some goodie bags would be cool XD
Edit: Oh yes and since we have a max 9 star limit how about a minimum limit too =.= ( like maybe 6 stars?)
-->Anpanman march : D
-x(Dex)x-
-x(Dex)x-
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:51 pm

@ Dex: the keyword is IF you had to book in. If u need longer MC remember to look for me. LOL.

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsurugi Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:04 pm

I would prefer a Saturday, because of my family wanting me to be at home on sundays...but once i said already paid they let me Very Happy

I personally prefer drawing lots...feel more satisfied if I picked the spot I was in during the tournament(first round Zen second round Adri/Gray)

I guess Very Happy

It was enough for us all to take a break Smile

I think so...

If there are sufficient people let them choose which drum they want to stand first, maybe play Janken or something... because I know quite some people prefer playing on one side...(My left drum is... Mad )
mitsurugi
mitsurugi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by adri Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:34 pm

i think most will agree that the price is steep relative to the prize and that there definitely should be a lvl floor especially for the knock out stages.

There also needs to be a way to reduce the number of times a song can be played .. lol kurenai spam ..

Other than that i think lots of effort went into this and it is greatly appreciated

Just an idea but i think a ranking system as taboo as it is in this forum i think that it is a good idea to have a ranking system such as in other tournaments where the line ups can be made so that the competition would not result in like (1) vs (2) and (3) vs (4) on the same side. as i said this is just a suggestion
adri
adri
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by -x(Dex)x- Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:31 pm

But i was thinking... How would a scoring system work if we did a ranking system?

Unless everyone played the same songs, taking scores from people wouldent prove to be a good guage for the ranks.
-x(Dex)x-
-x(Dex)x-
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:55 pm

i think the system could have been more transparent. Like for eg, in the very beginning, how were the groupings decided, and how were the pairings decided and such?

And if there's going to be a doubles' competition, then maybe instead of letting us choose our partners, we make it such that our partners are randomly picked on the spot? Like that more challenging. lol~

Just some of my views.

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next