Taiko Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DrumZout 2009 DISCUSSION

+16
wreako24
まきお
PegaKok
MEOWpiku
Ice_
Pyrozz
Giazenshia
Rubyrain
Skyne Keira
Mint
jenny_amh
gepi
Zenova
yuu_yuki
ongchinkai
HareHareYukai
20 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

DrumZout 2009 DISCUSSION - Page 4 Empty Re: DrumZout 2009 DISCUSSION

Post by yuu_yuki Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:56 am

Rubyrain wrote:if u guys are going for the competition, i don't mind pitching in abit in terms of $$$. Not that i have alot lah! Just that, i think its for a worthy cause lor. Maybe some of the other members wouldn't mind too? After all, this entire thing is for the forum, not some personal venture.

i think for now, just settle the drums 1st bah. Like how much to rent and everything. Cuz got members no instrument also no use. Yuu, tml u can discuss it with gray and see whether he's interested anot lor. And btw... is it a MUST to have 5 members?

I try my best to see if I can psycho my community club side to let us use my co's room for free. BUT we must really have few members going there to practice.
I can't guarantee success, most probably they won't even consider..

And ya, it's a MUST to have 5 members. If we join in as Alternative team, only need 3 members, but alternative is those using pots and pans de. Sound-wise won't be impressive as real drums.
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by HareHareYukai Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:43 pm

okay thanks yuu. will wait for your news. (:
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:04 pm

I try my best to see if I can psycho my community club side to let us use my co's room for free. BUT we must really have few members going there to practice.

Okay guys.
I have a very influential person to help me. This is what i got.
We MIGHT be able to use the community club side for FREE.
There's no free lunch in this world. And due to the long hours we must practice on every saturday, we have no choice but to engage in cc help.
However, in one condition.

We have to use the community's club name to compete.
May be XXXXCC Arts Troupe - TaikoDojo or XXXXCC Chinese Orchestra sub group - TaikoDojo or something similar. But the cc will be the main name.
So if no one objects to this idea, then i will tell my godmum and she will have some discussion with the chairman to allow us to practice in the CO room for free in return to compete under the main name of the cc.

In any way, although my godmum is an influential figure, however i cannot guarantee that we will get the stamp of approval because it's still lies down on the management's decision.

So what you guys think? Personally i felt that there's not much choice and if we are really serious about it, then we should really put in our best to practice, even though it's under their name. At least we can have some recognition and exposure.
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenova Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:42 pm

yuu_yuki wrote:

Okay guys.
There's no free lunch in this world. And due to the long hours we must practice on every saturday, we have no choice but to engage in cc help.

May be XXXXCC Arts Troupe - TaikoDojo or XXXXCC Chinese Orchestra sub group - TaikoDojo or something similar. But the cc will be the main name.
So if no one objects to this idea, then i will tell my godmum and she will have some discussion with the chairman to allow us to practice in the CO room for free in return to compete under the main name of the cc.

In any way, although my godmum is an influential figure, however i cannot guarantee that we will get the stamp of approval because it's still lies down on the management's decision.

So what you guys think? Personally i felt that there's not much choice and if we are really serious about it, then we should really put in our best to practice, even though it's under their name. At least we can have some recognition and exposure.

lol that sounds really excellent ^^ blyx, waiting for your opinion/reply =p

btw, nice work yuu Smile

and once again, happy valentines day to all out there Very Happy

Zenova
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by HareHareYukai Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:00 am

yuu_yuki wrote:

Okay guys.

that's fine. as far as i know we are using the help of the CC so it should be acknowledged as well i guess.

no objection. jiayou. hope to hear the confirmation. then our next priority is to get members.
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:24 pm

HareHareYukai wrote:
that's fine. as far as i know we are using the help of the CC so it should be acknowledged as well i guess.

no objection. jiayou. hope to hear the confirmation. then our next priority is to get members.

They will asked about the number of members involved even before they decide. So i shall tell them around 5 members will be participating. Else very hard to get if there's like very few people joining. (the wasting-electricity-theory)

Will call my godmum later in the day, will update you guys. =D
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by HareHareYukai Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:34 pm

guys. we need to persuade the CC's chairman, followed by management as to why our usage of the room weekly is justified. We need to come up with a foolproof method to guarantee our usage of the room.

Everyone please give suggestions, or come up with some long proposal, the longer the better as to how we can persuade the chairman and management. After all most of us have no background whatsoever, so the justification for our free usage is quite questionable.

We need to get the brain juices flowing! Everyone just give your ideas as long as you think it can help us in one way or another. (:
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenova Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:40 pm

HareHareYukai wrote:guys. we need to persuade the CC's chairman, followed by management as to why our usage of the room weekly is justified. We need to come up with a foolproof method to guarantee our usage of the room.

Everyone please give suggestions, or come up with some long proposal, the longer the better as to how we can persuade the chairman and management. After all most of us have no background whatsoever, so the justification for our free usage is quite questionable.

We need to get the brain juices flowing! Everyone just give your ideas as long as you think it can help us in one way or another. (:

maybe we can add in the idea that the CC will get famous? and they should get (most of) the prize money if we DO win, or smth liddat...

wait. Why do we NEED the air con? we can just use the room, at most we need lights if it's enclosed... unless some ppl really need the air con...

I dunno la, cuz everytime CO prac sometimes RJC using the room we just bring the drums out and prac or smth.

Do we really need a proposal sort of thing? Cuz writing one isn't too hard =p but monotonous

Zenova
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by HareHareYukai Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:09 pm

your whole post is rather contradictory in itself.. uh is it? you keep rebutting your own points. -_-

and the point is that we have no experience in drumming. how will the CC believe us in that it will get famous.

there's a reason why air con is needed in that room dont you think.. maybe?
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:40 pm

*Sigh..*
Not against you but:

Zenova wrote:
maybe we can add in the idea that the CC will get famous? and they should get (most of) the prize money if we DO win, or smth liddat...

How can we promise or add in something which we cannot even be sure of?
Don't forget that not everyone has fantastic drumming background like you.
Including me, all my drumming skills are self-learnt and without teacher to teach.
So how can we add in the idea that the CC will get famous when we are competing against schools who have teachers to guide them etc??

Zenova wrote:
wait. Why do we NEED the air con? we can just use the room, at most we need lights if it's enclosed... unless some ppl really need the air con...

Unless you want to suffocate in there, else don't even think about not switching on the aircon. The whole room is enclosed room and windows are locked.

Zenova wrote:
I dunno la, cuz everytime CO prac sometimes RJC using the room we just bring the drums out and prac or smth.

You think i've haven't thought of that? Lolz.
Don't forget that RJC is a school. And this is the community club whereby there are residents around. They WILL complaint because the cc is just beside them.
Some even complaint to the cc functions cos it's too noisy. =_=

Zenova wrote:
Do we really need a proposal sort of thing? Cuz writing one isn't too hard =p but monotonous

We don't need to write just need to convince. But we need one for zone x side, so if it's not too hard, would you do the honor to craft it for the zone x if we need it? =D
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:08 am

Look forward to your good news, yuu. and if u guys are practicing there, can we non-members of the team drop by too see see look look? xD

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:31 pm

Rubyrain wrote:Look forward to your good news, yuu. and if u guys are practicing there, can we non-members of the team drop by too see see look look? xD

If i manage to get the place, Can you all join us for competition too?
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenova Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:35 pm

yuu_yuki wrote:
Rubyrain wrote:Look forward to your good news, yuu. and if u guys are practicing there, can we non-members of the team drop by too see see look look? xD

If i manage to get the place, Can you all join us for competition too?

I might be in... sorry for my previous noob post btw >< just needa ask, if u do get the room, when will practices be?

Zenova
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by HareHareYukai Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:43 pm

More people come forward please to join. and erm. can everyone contribute ideas on how we can justify our usage of the room and convince/persuade both the chairman of the CO and the CC management. Thanks.

We need sparking ideas to come forward fast because we should be meeting the chairman soon. i think.
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:39 am

HareHareYukai wrote:More people come forward please to join. and erm. can everyone contribute ideas on how we can justify our usage of the room and convince/persuade both the chairman of the CO and the CC management. Thanks.

We need sparking ideas to come forward fast because we should be meeting the chairman soon. i think.

Till now i still haven't heard any news from my godmum side.
So meeting or not, it's up to the chairman to decide though. We may or may not meet him.
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:23 am

haha i don't mind joining, but my standard not dat good yet lehs. I've never played any instrument 'cept for the recorder. LOL.

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:34 am

Rubyrain wrote:haha i don't mind joining, but my standard not dat good yet lehs. I've never played any instrument 'cept for the recorder. LOL.

Can train one, don't worry. we practice together IF we get the venue. xD
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrozz Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:37 am

I am really jealous of SG right now. donPout
You guys better post recordings and stuff, because I'd like to see/hear it.
I hope you guys get it worked out and actually get into the competition, because that would be so cool.

I don't have much input tho, but it sounds like the best way to go is stomp style. katWink2

I'll post any instrument ideas if I come up with any... Btw, I remember reading somewhere in here that melodic instruments weren't allowed... What about things like xylophones and chimes though?
Pyrozz
Pyrozz
Head of Simulation Development
Head of Simulation Development

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:58 am

Pyrozz wrote:I am really jealous of SG right now. donPout
You guys better post recordings and stuff, because I'd like to see/hear it.
I hope you guys get it worked out and actually get into the competition, because that would be so cool.

I don't have much input tho, but it sounds like the best way to go is stomp style. katWink2

I'll post any instrument ideas if I come up with any... Btw, I remember reading somewhere in here that melodic instruments weren't allowed... What about things like xylophones and chimes though?

Haha, i doubt we can get instruments like xylophones and chimes when we have to worry about getting the drums. xD

About the recording stuffs, IF we do get into the finals. Lolz~
Till now, i still haven't hear any news.
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

DrumZout 2009 DISCUSSION - Page 4 Empty welll...

Post by Skyne Keira Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:49 am

i'm no taiko expert,but i'm still keen to join.
ran bu oni is killing mi though.
but yea,i'm trying.
any meeting coming up?

Skyne Keira
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:44 am

Skyne Keira wrote:i'm no taiko expert,but i'm still keen to join.
ran bu oni is killing mi though.
but yea,i'm trying.
any meeting coming up?

Tentatively, no meeting now.
Meeting-wise have to wait till i'm informed about the results though. And till now i didn't hear any news. zzzz.
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

DrumZout 2009 DISCUSSION - Page 4 Empty by the way...

Post by Skyne Keira Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:55 am

oh ya,people,i have a question.
why is everybody so ambitious to try ran bu oni for the competition?
i mean(not trying to be the idiot who tears things apart) we could try a slightly easier piece,and that way,we could work things out more easily,and at the same time,produce a beautiful sounding piece.
because(not saying that everybody is a noob like mi) if the piece is so hard,not only are we hard-pressed for time,but also trying our luck at a time which we shouldn't,in this case,drumzout.
we are trying to promote taiko and the dojo,and if we try an overly-ambitious piece and(scarily enough) fail,then it will definitely cause a big impact as our debut standing.
on the otherhand,if we pull it off well,hurray and clap hands!so yea,just asking.

Skyne Keira
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:19 am

Skyne Keira wrote:oh ya,people,i have a question.
why is everybody so ambitious to try ran bu oni for the competition?
i mean(not trying to be the idiot who tears things apart) we could try a slightly easier piece,and that way,we could work things out more easily,and at the same time,produce a beautiful sounding piece.
because(not saying that everybody is a noob like mi) if the piece is so hard,not only are we hard-pressed for time,but also trying our luck at a time which we shouldn't,in this case,drumzout.
we are trying to promote taiko and the dojo,and if we try an overly-ambitious piece and(scarily enough) fail,then it will definitely cause a big impact as our debut standing.
on the otherhand,if we pull it off well,hurray and clap hands!so yea,just asking.

So far, taiko ranbu is the only song in tnt which you don't need background melodies and it will sound nice for a real drum.
If not taiko ranbu, which song you suggest then? =D
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

DrumZout 2009 DISCUSSION - Page 4 Empty well,i did think about it...

Post by Skyne Keira Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:21 am

well,i saw a performance before,and i thought it was quite cool,so maybe we could do it that way?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n-6KC2RdGQ
yup,it would be like,really cool.
though i might sound a lil unrealistic.

Skyne Keira
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:00 am

thing is... we probably don't have that many drums, that many people, and no scores. Haha. what they are playing looks way too much for me to ever memorise.

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next