Taiko Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DrumZout 2009 DISCUSSION

+16
wreako24
まきお
PegaKok
MEOWpiku
Ice_
Pyrozz
Giazenshia
Rubyrain
Skyne Keira
Mint
jenny_amh
gepi
Zenova
yuu_yuki
ongchinkai
HareHareYukai
20 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

DrumZout 2009 DISCUSSION - Page 9 Empty Re: DrumZout 2009 DISCUSSION

Post by Skyne Keira Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:46 pm

o-kay,we got into the finals...so...i'll keep myself free for 13th,thats all i can promise,cuz i have exams to prepare for...

Skyne Keira
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenova Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:32 pm

Zenova wrote:bleh... all of u go iluma, so sad =(

... but no matter, I think I'll still go drumzout with you guys =p (cuz there's only one thing now that can make me change my mind XD)

lol good thing sky told me it was cancelled XD cuz i really would've been in a dilemma (cuz that one thing really happened =_=)

hmmm, well, then i guess 13th will be the prac then Very Happy then i'll probably head down there (and also, i wanna go amk hub, cuz ytd bugis and dbg area's jubeats were spammed with ppl >< amk hub cooler)

Zenova
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsurugi Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:49 pm

I feel like going too but guess I'll be of not much use, so nah maybe play at AMK but not gonna go to the practice Smile
mitsurugi
mitsurugi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:32 pm

Everybody is useful. I go there as well, and sometimes when someone cannot make it, you can help to substitute by playing or maybe sit back and listen and give comments.

I'll probably go next week (to prevent myself from going Iluma and play Eternal Wheels)
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:09 am

HareHareYukai wrote:hey peoples relax. im back from camp and i shall explain why I'm unable to present the latest updates on tues.

simply, the camp flooded and somehow my hp was submerged in water for 1hr+.

the phone got no response whatsoever and sim card got problems as well, so i couldn't do anything.

plus, NTU side never email me anything regarding the results except an sms, which i have finally seen today after my phone was kinda fixed, and i just realised that my phone was "killed" like just around the time the good news came.

Now back to business:

as arranged, there will be TWO practices so far, 6th and 13th.
both of them will be 1030am to 8pm at night, which is the whole day.

firstly i know there's alot of concern regarding personal schedules and committment, so i cant expect the whole team to be around on either day, but we have to settle for at least some time where the whole team can practice together. justification for the long hours of practice is that we need lots of time to discuss and brainstorm as a team how we're gonna move on to the finals.

tomorrow's practice is confirmed, but 13th one is pending still. i will update while i get your schedules to find a time slot for us.

we need all the support we can get, especially much suggestions and help. we hope this community willl give us what we need to at least put up a decent performance at the finals.

some other stuff:
stuff for confirmation:
1) the only person with dietary requirements in our team is yuu right?
2) now, drumzout committee is looking for publicity through forums, and would like the url of our forum. ill look in to the matter and make sure there is no association whatsoever with kbcc so there will be no problems, and its just a link to a group of people.
3) im still waiting for their confirmation email as i try to send the stuff to mdm poon asap. meanwhile, the practices are confirmed and there are no problems.

lastly, if you really really haven't noticed all this while, we have made it into the finals.

Wasn't able to online for 2 days, ya and I'm the only person with dietary requirement. I'm not allowed to take any beef.
And as for the practices, set it on weekdays around 7pm or 7.30pm instead because yue and me working from morning till evening.

I thought i've pass you my schedule?
12th, 13th and 19th June i am NOT able to make it.
12th is my psychology student committee which i have to attend, 13th i have training so i can't make it on saturday practice. 19th on the other hand, i need to attend my psych prof farewell dinner at night till late night. And now it's already 7th June. So the most we can have is night practices on weekdays.
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsurugi Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:10 am

Giazenshia wrote:Everybody is useful. I go there as well, and sometimes when someone cannot make it, you can help to substitute by playing or maybe sit back and listen and give comments.

I'll probably go next week (to prevent myself from going Iluma and play Eternal Wheels)

That's why, I'm not that good at playing, and i can't really give comments...
mitsurugi
mitsurugi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:43 am

PegaKok wrote:
O.T.: I saw Drumzout in Facebook wor. I can only spot 2 familiar faces over there.

Woah, that's you and AMH. xD
And check this out, we're in the webbie:
http://drumzout.com/jl/

Here's the pic:
https://i.servimg.com/u/f88/13/08/69/34/drumzo10.jpg
DrumZout 2009 DISCUSSION - Page 9 Drumzo10

And we're so gonna pwn by the champions of last year, they are like in BOTH category man.. Oh, plus we're competing in the finals with only 4 teams including us. ^-^
The Gindaiko group is that real Taiko group we saw that time?? Or it's the lion dance drum group one??
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by PegaKok Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:47 am

Ya hor... now then I see it.

ITE East in both categories. @_@
I thought MOE nia?
PegaKok
PegaKok
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by jenny_amh Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:48 am

den jiu omg le!! @_@''

have to start thinking liao!!
jenny_amh
jenny_amh
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:59 am

Don't need think much la, getting into the finals is bonus for us.
I also don't expect to win anything, as long as the team plays happily and without much mistakes, i'm happy liaoz. =D

Doesn't matter win/lose, taikodojo's main aim is to perform for everyone to see and let them know more about us (though it's kbcc's name, but hey, it's still taikodojo in our hearts). ^-^
Really gotta sleep liaoz.. 2am le.. Have to wake up 5am plus later..
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:05 am

KELONG SIA... Why is ITE in the open category? It should be in the MOE... And why got 2 ITE -.- KELONG!!!

I bet the people must be wondering... Wow, who is this Kebun Baru CC who can make it to the finals, never seen them before...
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by PegaKok Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:48 am

Giazenshia wrote:KELONG SIA... Why is ITE in the open category? It should be in the MOE... And why got 2 ITE -.- KELONG!!!

I bet the people must be wondering... Wow, who is this Kebun Baru CC who can make it to the finals, never seen them before...

Sure 1 de lar. I also don't understand why like that sia.

And about Team KBCC...
First time participate = First time experience
First time in Finals = First surprise Very Happy
PegaKok
PegaKok
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by HareHareYukai Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:21 am

i still need yue's and sky's schedule.. can either sms me asap or post here as you wish.
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Mint Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:51 am

Posting on behalf of Yuu:

There was feedback given to us from the judges at the drumzout audition that the way the Kompang (Malay Drum) was played is incorrect. And here is a page that instructs on the correct way of playing it!

http://books.google.com.sg/books?id=x06nBdEkAOMC&pg=PA193&lpg=PA193&dq=how+to+play+kompang&source=bl&ots=hiG8fo_L_s&sig=SMAP3C7gEO01Re2SH-mw2RkDyW8&hl=en&ei=MXgsSrLwH4KZkQX-tajnCg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=6

^_^
Mint
Mint
見習い
見習い

Back to top Go down

Post by fluorescence Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:42 pm

GAMBATTE!!!~~ cheers
fluorescence
fluorescence
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenova Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:06 pm

jyjy, one week to go. Sorry couldn't be there today, cuz the practice too late ler ><" anyway, taikodojo FTW

Zenova
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsurugi Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:09 pm

Yeah, who cares about ite? Taiko dojo (or Kebun Bara arts troupe...) sure can put up good performance one Smile
JYJY DanceDance
mitsurugi
mitsurugi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:14 am

mitsurugi wrote:Yeah, who cares about ite? Taiko dojo (or Kebun Bara arts troupe...) sure can put up good performance one Smile
JYJY DanceDance

Eh, don't say like that lehz.. Later we malu sia.. People they got experiences plus is champion team last year de wor..
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsurugi Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:19 am

yuu_yuki wrote:
mitsurugi wrote:Yeah, who cares about ite? Taiko dojo (or Kebun Bara arts troupe...) sure can put up good performance one Smile
JYJY DanceDance

Eh, don't say like that lehz.. Later we malu sia.. People they got experiences plus is champion team last year de wor..

Ok... sorry my bad got carried away, was trying to encourage but now thinking back sounds a little rough... my bad
mitsurugi
mitsurugi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by drumzout09 Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:53 am

Giazenshia wrote:KELONG SIA... Why is ITE in the open category? It should be in the MOE... And why got 2 ITE -.- KELONG!!!

Hello guys, saw this discussion about ITE College East in both categories and thought I should clarify why.
Under the Mainstream category, we have a) MOE and b) Open. The diff betwn the MOE and Open category is mainly on the restrictions on the participants. MOE teams can only have members made up of contestants from the same school registered under MOE (ie, sec sch, JCs, ITEs, polys and Unis), whereas Open means anyone from the public can take part w/o any form of restrictions.

And most imptly, if one is in the MOE category, he/she cannot be in the Open category. So those that make up the ITE College EASt team in MOE will NOT be participating in the Open category.

Hope that explains why. Smile

drumzout09
へたっび
へたっび

Back to top Go down

Post by hayatekazama Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:09 am

so in short ITE College EAST will only be in the MOE category?
hayatekazama
hayatekazama
駆けだし
駆けだし

Back to top Go down

Post by PegaKok Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:33 am

hayatekazama wrote:so in short ITE College EAST will only be in the MOE category?

Probably "Soul Percussion" consists of ITE College East members & public members, as such they registered themselves as 2 different groups?
PegaKok
PegaKok
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:01 am

drumzout09 wrote:

Hello guys, saw this discussion about ITE College East in both categories and thought I should clarify why.
Under the Mainstream category, we have a) MOE and b) Open. The diff betwn the MOE and Open category is mainly on the restrictions on the participants. MOE teams can only have members made up of contestants from the same school registered under MOE (ie, sec sch, JCs, ITEs, polys and Unis), whereas Open means anyone from the public can take part w/o any form of restrictions.

And most imptly, if one is in the MOE category, he/she cannot be in the Open category. So those that make up the ITE College EASt team in MOE will NOT be participating in the Open category.

Hope that explains why. Smile

But then why should they use the name "ITE College East" in the Open Category when ITE refers to an MOE institution? Even if they are members of the public, why should a MOE school name be used? Isn't a school name's solely for participating under the "MOE category"?

Naturally, if anyone uses school name, others will think that they belong to that particular school. Which may make people ponder why the same MOE school is taking part in both MOE & Public categories.
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by drumzout09 Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:42 pm

yuu_yuki wrote:
But then why should they use the name "ITE College East" in the Open Category when ITE refers to an MOE institution? Even if they are members of the public, why should a MOE school name be used? Isn't a school name's solely for participating under the "MOE category"?

Naturally, if anyone uses school name, others will think that they belong to that particular school. Which may make people ponder why the same MOE school is taking part in both MOE & Public categories.

Hmm I'm kind of confused about the issue at hand here. To clarify, so what you guys are saying is that it's misleading to the public? Or that a school can participate in the open category?

Like I mentioned, there isn't a major problem with that in a sense that we're not restricting that schools can only take part in the MOE category. A school can jolly well not take part in the MOE category and choose the open category if they want to. And actually I'd say whichever institution they represent is a part of the participants' freedom. Like you guys are representing KBCC, why can't they name ITE College East as the institute they're representing, after all they are from the school?

Anyway I hope seeing them in both categories wouldn't cuase anyone of you guys to doubt the credibilty of DrumZout in any way. Because like I mentioned, the participants in the 2 teams are all different contestants. THey don't have double the chance of winning something in that sense.

OKay because I'm still rather confused about what you guys have doubts about so I'll reply till here. I don't think it's good to rant on and on when in fact it's not even answering you guys. ^^;

drumzout09
へたっび
へたっび

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:52 pm

drumzout09 wrote:
yuu_yuki wrote:

Hmm I'm kind of confused about the issue at hand here. To clarify, so what you guys are saying is that it's misleading to the public? Or that a school can participate in the open category?

Like I mentioned, there isn't a major problem with that in a sense that we're not restricting that schools can only take part in the MOE category. A school can jolly well not take part in the MOE category and choose the open category if they want to. And actually I'd say whichever institution they represent is a part of the participants' freedom. Like you guys are representing KBCC, why can't they name ITE College East as the institute they're representing, after all they are from the school?

Anyway I hope seeing them in both categories wouldn't cuase anyone of you guys to doubt the credibilty of DrumZout in any way. Because like I mentioned, the participants in the 2 teams are all different contestants. THey don't have double the chance of winning something in that sense.

OKay because I'm still rather confused about what you guys have doubts about so I'll reply till here. I don't think it's good to rant on and on when in fact it's not even answering you guys. ^^;

Lolz, there isn't any issue here. Before your reply, i'm just kinda confused why a school name appears in both categories and why school can participate in the open category as well.

Unlike us, KBCC is NOT a school nor institution. It's an organization. Except for me, the rest of the team doesn't belong to kbcc to begin with, we're just using their name solely for the competition cos' they provide us with the resources we need. ^^
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next