Taiko Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DrumZout 2009 DISCUSSION

+16
wreako24
まきお
PegaKok
MEOWpiku
Ice_
Pyrozz
Giazenshia
Rubyrain
Skyne Keira
Mint
jenny_amh
gepi
Zenova
yuu_yuki
ongchinkai
HareHareYukai
20 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

DrumZout 2009 DISCUSSION - Page 3 Empty Re: DrumZout 2009 DISCUSSION

Post by yuu_yuki Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:49 pm

I WILL JOIN. PERIOD.
I will give my full commitment even if it's practicing the whole day as chiong-sua type.

So blyx, now i'll leave it to you to settle the necessary things.
You should be in total in-charge of this event.

@Gepi,
I really hope you can join us. Cos' no gepi, no fun, no sandshrew, not much point.
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:02 am

@Yuu: i know u're talking abt the real thing.. but i tot maybe can like... rent the machine to use it as ur "instrument" during the competition. hahaz. just an idea.

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:06 am

Then my answer for now is NO, I will not join.

One big issue I have is I don't have any confidence in my skill level. Serious.

Having said that, I will seriously reconsider if the logistics problems have been resolved, though. After all, I also intend to do something for the community too.
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:21 am

Rubyrain wrote:@Yuu: i know u're talking abt the real thing.. but i tot maybe can like... rent the machine to use it as ur "instrument" during the competition. hahaz. just an idea.

Lolz, where you go? Long time no see you in dojo liaoz.
And erm.. playing on the machine is very different from playing the real thing. xD
The concepts is to play without music so also serve no point since using machine has music plus individuals concentrate on the game machine itself, as compared to playing real musical instruments when you have to open up their ears to listen to others to see if you fit in harmoniously. xD

@BLYX,
what ck said also have a point. You try to see if you can settle the logistic problem first. Like getting the necessary instruments first.
Or rather, settle on whether we're going in as Alternative or Mainstream. Cos we have to search for the fitting misc stuffs for the don and kat sound too and decide how we are going to play if it's Alternative since don and kat will be separated.
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenova Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:10 pm

Erm.. ok then, I guess I won't join for now >< although I do hope that dates will be confirmed so I can get a clear answer =.="

Lol if nothing is on, then I will definitely be commited =] and we still have problems about getting instruments >< lol 5 hours a week sounds okay... in fact, within an hour or a bit more I think I can memorize and play it

Ah well, just put me as "No" for now T_T until I get more details...

Hmm... maybe I should fail the auditions at MOECO camp? Then no need go XD and can go for drumzout Twisted Evil

Zenova
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by HareHareYukai Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:34 pm

FINDING 3 more committed people for drumzout 09.
base skill level required is at least a rainbow(full tamashii bar) for taikoranbu( tatsujin phase(purple))/ fire version.

here are some people who have potential for this:
gias, grayson.

i dont know, but even if we have the logistics we need people.
getting the instruments until now is a headache zzzzz.

does anybody know if community centres will willingly lend out their drums?
(i know they wont, duh)

schools wont too. obviously.

i need more views and opinions on this. more more more. possibilities. and ways to get instruments. i seriously am out of options for one thing. everything else can be solved if we can get access to instruments...
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:01 pm

HareHareYukai wrote:FINDING 3 more committed people for drumzout 09.
base skill level required is at least a rainbow(full tamashii bar) for taikoranbu( tatsujin phase(purple))/ fire version.

gias, grayson.

(i know they wont, duh)

i need more views and opinions on this. more more more. possibilities. and ways to get instruments. i seriously am out of options for one thing. everything else can be solved if we can get access to instruments...

Sorry, I wish I could, but when my Year 2 for poly starts, I'm dead meat. This is the only time I can enjoy myself as of now. Year 2 starts = die, dead and stress.

I'll be staying back in school till 7-8pm daily because of some extra "modules" as well heading back to school during weekends for CCA commitment.
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenova Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:04 pm

Hmmm... I was thinking whether you guys wanna RENT drums... look at this...

http://sg.88db.com/sg/Services/Post_Detail.page/music/repair_rental/?PostID=148776

But then, we can't rent everytime we wanna practice >< so I guess buying would be the more obvious option, and by doing that we can practice on them for general practice aside from drumzout, like if we wanna practice songs...

Here are some websites I found:

http://www.eason.com.sg/products/products_drum.jsp?gclid=CMzIk6mb0pgCFQUwpAodL2ferA (This one has a list of chinese drums they sell with pics and prices)

http://singapore.yalwa.sg/Music/710/?gclid=CJXp09Sb0pgCFQ8upAodLwnUrA (This one has a list of companies in SG with some relation to the word "Drum" XD)

http://www.taiko-center.co.jp/english/shoptaiko.html (This one has a list of Taiko Drums, but it's at japan. The problem is not the shipping... look at the prices >< CRAZY)

I dunno la, this is hard to think of >< argh I feel so useless

Zenova
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:11 pm

gias, grayson.

(i know they wont, duh)

Unless you pay CC to rent the whole big co room, we can practice there for hours and use their 2 huapeng gu. And we may be able to get it out for competition.
Money-wise i doubt it's cheap.
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:15 pm

Zenova wrote:Hmmm... I was thinking whether you guys wanna RENT drums... look at this...

http://sg.88db.com/sg/Services/Post_Detail.page/music/repair_rental/?PostID=148776

But then, we can't rent everytime we wanna practice >< so I guess buying would be the more obvious option, and by doing that we can practice on them for general practice aside from drumzout, like if we wanna practice songs...

http://www.eason.com.sg/products/products_drum.jsp?gclid=CMzIk6mb0pgCFQUwpAodL2ferA (This one has a list of chinese drums they sell with pics and prices)

http://singapore.yalwa.sg/Music/710/?gclid=CJXp09Sb0pgCFQ8upAodLwnUrA (This one has a list of companies in SG with some relation to the word "Drum" XD)

http://www.taiko-center.co.jp/english/shoptaiko.html (This one has a list of Taiko Drums, but it's at japan. The problem is not the shipping... look at the prices >< CRAZY)

If we buy, ownership of the drum goes to who if we share??
where you gonna keep the drums??
Unless you're living in a big house, else very hard for HDB flats.
And buy.. we need 3 big drum and just see the price: US$299. I don't think it's realistic.
=_=

Last edited by yuu_yuki on Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Mint Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:20 pm

yuu_yuki wrote:
Zenova wrote:Hmmm... I was thinking whether you guys wanna RENT drums... look at this...

If we buy, ownership of the drum goes to who if we share??
where you gonna keep the drums??
Unless you're living in a big house, else very hard for HDB flats.
=_=

And it's not gonna work either if everyone buys their individual drum. It's quite expensive (well not everyone has the same definition for 'expensive'), and I think it's quite useless to just get one drum to practice for a competition and the game (again, not everyone thinks there's just one use if you own the drum personally). Would rather save more $$$ and get a Wii Very Happy Drums are hard to store in HDB flats too, not to mention practice in HDB flats..... Then again not all of us might be staying in HDB flats.

I think our best bet now is to join the alternative category and come up with our alternative instruments. What a Face
Mint
Mint
見習い
見習い

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:31 pm

Mint wrote:
And it's not gonna work either if everyone buys their individual drum. It's quite expensive (well not everyone has the same definition for 'expensive'), and I think it's quite useless to just get one drum to practice for a competition and the game (again, not everyone thinks there's just one use if you own the drum personally). Would rather save more $$$ and get a Wii Very Happy Drums are hard to store in HDB flats too, not to mention practice in HDB flats..... Then again not all of us might be staying in HDB flats.

I think our best bet now is to join the alternative category and come up with our alternative instruments. What a Face

To say the truth, storing ONE 18" huapeng gu in even a 3 room HDB flat is perfectly fine. Cos' you don't need to store it with the stand. You just need to take out the drum from the stand and vooala~ It doesn't take up much space. =D

But storing THREE 18" huapeng gu in a HDB is.. =_=ll
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Mint Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:34 pm

yuu_yuki wrote:

To say the truth, storing ONE 18" huapeng gu in even a 3 room HDB flat is perfectly fine. Cos' you don't need to store it with the stand. You just need to take out the drum from the stand and vooala~ It doesn't take up much space. =D

Ahahaha I see. Now everyone can tell I have absolutely no CO/Musical background!
Very Happy
Mint
Mint
見習い
見習い

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:05 am

Mint wrote:
yuu_yuki wrote:

Ahahaha I see. Now everyone can tell I have absolutely no CO/Musical background!
Very Happy

Aiyo, don't say till like that ma. xD
To store three 18" huapeng gu also can, ONLY if that person have very spacious HDB flat. xD
Eh.. but even can store three of the huapeng gu also no use.. Since sometimes you need to take them out and put them under the sun. Cos' they'll 潮湿 during humid weather and it'll affect the sound drastically.
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:51 am

gias, grayson.

(i know they wont, duh)

I think right now, the concern will be what is the committing level of the person.
Even if he/she can't play taiko ranbu oni FIRE version, IF he/she has the chiong sua spirit and like gepi willing to try hard and work till siaoz for the song, i think we shouldn't exclude them who really want to commit but don't have enough skills to do it.

That will at least make our options wider.
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by HareHareYukai Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:53 pm

yuu_yuki wrote:

gias, grayson.

(i know they wont, duh)

I think right now, the concern will be what is the committing level of the person.
Even if he/she can't play taiko ranbu oni FIRE version, IF he/she has the chiong sua spirit and like gepi willing to try hard and work till siaoz for the song, i think we shouldn't exclude them who really want to commit but don't have enough skills to do it.

That will at least make our options wider.

kays.

P.s:checking out the list of websites mint mentioned. in process.
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Mint Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:13 pm

I didn't mention those sites!! It was lexus lah. Smile
Mint
Mint
見習い
見習い

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:52 pm

HareHareYukai wrote:
kays.

P.s:checking out the list of websites mint mentioned. in process.

Sure, will wait for final confirmation from ya then.
Oh, and some updates:

I've asked about the community club CO room rental rates from another co (since they're renting the place there).
The rates was $50 per 2hrs.

This rate was discounted because the other non-cc CO management went to meet the MP to discuss about the community club rental rates as their own practice place will be under revamp for 2yrs or so.
If we need to rent, our's might be even more expensive rates then them.
And personally, I feel that this rate is way too expensive. Even if it's $50 per 2hrs.
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenova Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:40 pm

yuu_yuki wrote:
Sure, will wait for final confirmation from ya then.
Oh, and some updates:

I've asked about the community club CO room rental rates from another co (since they're renting the place there).
The rates was $50 per 2hrs.

This rate was discounted because the other non-cc CO management went to meet the MP to discuss about the community club rental rates as their own practice place will be under revamp for 2yrs or so.
If we need to rent, our's might be even more expensive rates then them.
And personally, I feel that this rate is way too expensive. Even if it's $50 per 2hrs.

Lol $50 for 2 hrs? >< that's really expensive

Zenova
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:39 pm

Cos' that's a whole huge CO room with 4 blasting air-cons, chairs, instruments, piano, music stands, whiteboard etc etc.

Very much like the normal CO practice room you'll see.
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenova Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:03 pm

yuu_yuki wrote:Cos' that's a whole huge CO room with 4 blasting air-cons, chairs, instruments, piano, music stands, whiteboard etc etc.

Sounds like my RJCO room... hmm, if wanna practice at that place, have to get a chunk of people to practice so that all can chip in to the $50, so the more the better. But of course, got a limited amount of drums. How many drums are there in that place?

Zenova
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

DrumZout 2009 DISCUSSION - Page 3 Empty CO PERCUSSION INSTRUMENTS

Post by yuu_yuki Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:58 pm

Zenova wrote:
yuu_yuki wrote:Cos' that's a whole huge CO room with 4 blasting air-cons, chairs, instruments, piano, music stands, whiteboard etc etc.

Sounds like my RJCO room... hmm, if wanna practice at that place, have to get a chunk of people to practice so that all can chip in to the $50, so the more the better. But of course, got a limited amount of drums. How many drums are there in that place?

If we wanna practice, there's:
DRUMS:
drumset,
2 huapeng gu 花盆鼓,
1 white opera drum, (the one you see on the eason website you gave)
1 jin ban gu, 京板鼓 those high pitch hard surface drumface
1 lion drum, 狮鼓
1 small red flower drum, 小鼓
1 set of 5-piece pai gu, 排鼓
1 shuo gu, 手鼓
Chinese Timpani set

OTHERS:
1 gong,
2 standing cymbals,
da cha, xiao cha, 大镲 小镲
da luo, xiao luo, 大锣 小锣
mu yu, 木鱼
yunluo, 云锣
2 pairs zhu ban, 竹板
tamborines, maracus, bells, jingles and all those little stuffs here and there.
And how will i ever forget about that muqin, 木琴, which i'm scolded for "wasting electricity? (^_^#) *vein popping*

Hmm.. All these are pretty much what you will find in a typical CO. Except for some instruments we don't have, like the 编钟 etc.
**due to the age of the instruments, the sounds of chinese timpani, paigu, xiao gu, seriously seriously cmi. yunluo out of tune.. Drumset sounds like zzzzzzzzzz.. Seriously hoping they can buy new instruments sia**

For those wondering how they look like, they're pretty much look like these:
http://www.chaofeng.com.au/intruments.htm#per
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by HareHareYukai Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:30 pm

okay i think we gotta make a decision here. should we start a poll or something regarding the way we obtain drums? obv we wont buy. so its between alternative and renting drums. one of the links there lexus has is for the renting of taiko drums. of course there's a price involved, so yeah.
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:22 am

HareHareYukai wrote:okay i think we gotta make a decision here. should we start a poll or something regarding the way we obtain drums? obv we wont buy. so its between alternative and renting drums. one of the links there lexus has is for the renting of taiko drums. of course there's a price involved, so yeah.

Not to be a wet blanket but..
So far we do not even have the confirmed members.
Gepi's not joining, so we're losing a great person here and also, if we rent, i'm not sure how much it will cost.

Let's just say we have the money to rent the drum. Which drum are we going to use?
If it's the real japanese taiko, the photo there on the website looks kinda tall for my reach.
Or if it's the Chinese Lion drum, it will sound funny.
Next step, if we got the drum, how are we going to perform? How are the different parts are we going to distribute? Taiko Ranbu doesn't sound awesome with just drums alone. It's all those other misc things like gong, bells, tambourine etc that makes the difference.
I won't mind if i have lotsa money to spare but right now, i doubt that my savings is for all those extra stuffs like renting and such. I really love to join but my limit is my financial area.
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:16 am

if u guys are going for the competition, i don't mind pitching in abit in terms of $$$. Not that i have alot lah! Just that, i think its for a worthy cause lor. Maybe some of the other members wouldn't mind too? After all, this entire thing is for the forum, not some personal venture.

i think for now, just settle the drums 1st bah. Like how much to rent and everything. Cuz got members no instrument also no use. Yuu, tml u can discuss it with gray and see whether he's interested anot lor. And btw... is it a MUST to have 5 members?

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next