Taiko Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DrumZout 2009 DISCUSSION

+16
wreako24
まきお
PegaKok
MEOWpiku
Ice_
Pyrozz
Giazenshia
Rubyrain
Skyne Keira
Mint
jenny_amh
gepi
Zenova
yuu_yuki
ongchinkai
HareHareYukai
20 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

DrumZout 2009 DISCUSSION - Page 5 Empty Re: DrumZout 2009 DISCUSSION

Post by yuu_yuki Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:22 pm

Skyne Keira wrote:well,i saw a performance before,and i thought it was quite cool,so maybe we could do it that way?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n-6KC2RdGQ
yup,it would be like,really cool.
though i might sound a lil unrealistic.

Hahahaha~ That music in that vid is actually very do-able, we can copy the exact rhythms from them too, but the only thing is that that vid is cool alright, but like ruby said, we don't have that many drums and people to join, so effect won't be so grand as them.

Traditional taiko is more about visual arts and they are drumming as a traditional taiko drummer with all those moves and stuffs. One thing is that they are using real taiko as their instrument, but we're on the different paths as them since we're likely to use CO drums instead (if we manage to get approved by the cc management). We can chip in some moves if we can have the drums to practice. =D
But won't be having that same effect as that vid since basically the sound, way you play the drum etc are different.

Heez, i really don't mind drumming that music if you can get me real taiko drums. xD
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenova Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:31 pm

lol thxs for the vid, it was cool =]

the guy doing the oroshi at the beginning was good, and the coordination is ZOMG PRO

nah I think real taiko drums are gonna be hard to get, mainly due to cost >< a decent one can cost like a couple of thousand SGD...

Zenova
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

DrumZout 2009 DISCUSSION - Page 5 Empty actually...

Post by Skyne Keira Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:36 am

well,though the action of the performance was pretty(actually very) cool,we could do with learning their sychro...because the greatest part for omg is their sychro. Other than that,there is really only the fact that they have real taiko drums which stands out.
wat we can do is to lift the beat of the song and transform it into a slightly different piece more suited for the various drums we can get.
ps,i'm about to be able to pass ran bu oni,noob right?
but i'm like,super excited over the thought of passing,cuz once i pass,then rainbowing it will onli be a matter of time...i swear to own ran bu oni by latest april...

Skyne Keira
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:08 pm

Skyne Keira wrote:well,though the action of the performance was pretty(actually very) cool,we could do with learning their sychro...because the greatest part for omg is their sychro. Other than that,there is really only the fact that they have real taiko drums which stands out.
wat we can do is to lift the beat of the song and transform it into a slightly different piece more suited for the various drums we can get.
but i'm like,super excited over the thought of passing,cuz once i pass,then rainbowing it will onli be a matter of time...i swear to own ran bu oni by latest april...

Lolz~ that's the spirit!!
Jia you wor!! =D

And hopefully we can get the venue. Wink
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by HareHareYukai Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:50 am

Skyne Keira wrote:well,though the action of the performance was pretty(actually very) cool,we could do with learning their sychro...because the greatest part for omg is their sychro. Other than that,there is really only the fact that they have real taiko drums which stands out.

jiayou! hope to hear news of your accomplishments.
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by jenny_amh Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:22 pm

i still don dare to try that song in oni yet.. i scare fail~~ >.<
jenny_amh
jenny_amh
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice_ Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:10 pm

i never even see b4...but i know i confirm 100% fail, zzzzzzz ...
Ice_
Ice_
駆けだし
駆けだし

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:17 pm

Moved from DrumZout update thread:

Rubyrain wrote:wah~ then maybe for auditions we play like 1 or 2 out of the 3 versions, then for finals we combine the 3 ver?

Great idea sia!!
Cos' any 2 out of the 3 combined together sound very different from each other liaoz.
Sort of a way to "cheat" too. xD
Anyone agrees?
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by MEOWpiku Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:05 am

maybe i never hear before but if its like wat yuu says.. why not give it a try >< maybe it can help us cut the time of us training different songs ? =D so we can be more well prepared...
MEOWpiku
MEOWpiku
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:28 am

MEOWpiku wrote:maybe i never hear before but if its like wat yuu says.. why not give it a try >< maybe it can help us cut the time of us training different songs ? =D so we can be more well prepared...

I actually have an idea which i told blyx liaoz.
But that have to be done AFTER we get all those parts intact and synchronized.
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:48 pm

MOVED FROM DRUMZOUT UPDATE THREAD:

Skyne Keira wrote:hey people,we can try saitama for the song for audition?
i dunno...after all,we should prep for audi first right?
if we dun get through competition,or we dun even need to think about the finals.
i was thinking we use ranbu as the audition piece,then think about the finals piece a lil later,or we mod.
cuz ranbu if modify,need less time,as compared to running like a headless chicken.
and yuu,i have stuff to ask regarding the performance,ask you next time lo...
and people,i have news to announce...
I PASS RANBU ONI,LIKE YEA!
I EVEN MANAGED TO RAINBOW IT ONCE BY LUCK!!!!
and Ice,jia you wo,see,you can pass one lor,i mean,if my standard can pass,for you,once or twice can le la,dun worry...
ps,i think its easier for mi to learn to be flexible,cuz i'm still a starter...you stick to blue side lor...(hee,will jia you,when we play together next time,muahahahaha) Laughing
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenova Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:45 pm

erm... is it possible for me to join drumzout now? i mean, am i still allowed/welcome to join now, and if I do, what can I do to help? or rather, are there any available things/slots for me to help out with smth? for now, I can play all 3 parts of taikoranbu...

I dun mind being a helper or smth, just wanna do smth for taikodojo =p

Zenova
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by HareHareYukai Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:42 pm

Zenova wrote:erm... is it possible for me to join drumzout now? i mean, am i still allowed/welcome to join now, and if I do, what can I do to help? or rather, are there any available things/slots for me to help out with smth? for now, I can play all 3 parts of taikoranbu...

I dun mind being a helper or smth, just wanna do smth for taikodojo =p

names already registered. sorry.

plusplus actually we already have enough members Versus the drums we have at kbcc. what we need is effort le. even if you can play 3 parts of taikoranbu there's nothing i can do for you now ya. sorry.
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenova Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:21 am

kk np sorry =(

Zenova
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:33 am

Ok so I've watched the video. Finally something up. Smile

So what's next? Is it going to be this speed? Or will it be faster?
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:55 am

If speed faster, then whole piece will be less than the current 2mins+.
And we have to hit the min 3mins timing. darn it.

Seriously i don't even feel we can get through the audition sia.
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:05 am

More comments:
1. The middle change of tempo wasn't very clear...maybe it's due to the video
2. I couldn't hear the tambourine...again maybe due to the video
3. The timing of the gong is still not very good yet. Try to keep it resonating for constant number of measures; the length of time I heard the gong was not equal.
4. Maybe it's because the speed is slower, but the piece sounds a bit flat.
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by jenny_amh Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:09 am

i can hear from the videos that some parts are not yet syronzied yet.. abit ruan.. but overall.. good sia.. haha
jenny_amh
jenny_amh
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenova Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:01 pm

yuu_yuki wrote:If speed faster, then whole piece will be less than the current 2mins+.
And we have to hit the min 3mins timing. darn it.

Seriously i don't even feel we can get through the audition sia.

Well... actually... I also feel that it's kinda... disorganised, must really correct a lot of things + add some more stuff to spice the song up. This one is national competition so standard will be very high ><

Zenova
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:21 am

maybe can repeat one small part, or pick one part and make someone play solo? just to drag out the piece?

i also agree that it is abit messy. LOL. cannot really hear 3 parts being played. more like a jumble of noise. but jiayou lah, muz haf confidence ma... if not in the 1st place might as well not join rite? since u all decide to go for it den just do your best lor. ^^

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:46 am

Of course it's all so messy sia, cos all forte throughout.
Remember that it's only the THIRD practice in that video. Lolz~
So anyone can help us with the accent and the new arrangements of the piece so it can hit at least 3mins??
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:00 am

Like Ruby suggested, you can consider a prelude to the actual piece? The prelude can be parts of the current piece you're playing, or it can be a "warmup" rhythm to get everyone into groove.

If you watch the authentic performances, you'll notice that they always play something before the actual piece starts. That could be it.

I hope I get the terms right. It's really hard to describe it here, but I'll try.
1. Start with a solo drum roll, gradually up tempo, fade. (ie, "D......D.....D....D...D..D.Ddddddddd....")
PAUSE
2. Up tempo, short prelude. Solo lead, then the others join in one by one. Prelude should be for everyone to warmup.
PAUSE
3. Actual piece - played at original speed (which is going to be a challenge), and don't forget the shout right at the start - "Ha!"
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:38 pm

original speed as in arcade speed ar? i think will be too fast lehs..

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenova Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:37 pm

ya original speed will barely make it to 2 min ><

well, can repeat certain sections with a couple of alterations... take the differences between the sections at the beginning, and after the "Water's Triplets", about the same but just a few differences

Zenova
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:01 am

Rubyrain wrote:original speed as in arcade speed ar? i think will be too fast lehs..

Or maybe not that fast? The current speed is quite...sleep-inducing. It definitely has to be faster.
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next