Taiko Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DrumZout 2009 Updates, Information

+9
ongchinkai
まきお
MEOWpiku
Skyne Keira
Zenova
Giazenshia
Rubyrain
yuu_yuki
HareHareYukai
13 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

DrumZout 2009 Updates, Information - Page 4 Empty Re: DrumZout 2009 Updates, Information

Post by Pyrozz Mon May 11, 2009 12:23 pm

That last video made me laugh. donHee
Pyrozz
Pyrozz
Head of Simulation Development
Head of Simulation Development

Back to top Go down

DrumZout 2009 Updates, Information - Page 4 Empty Re: DrumZout 2009 Updates, Information

Post by yuu_yuki Tue May 19, 2009 5:08 am

Yoz guys, sorry for the late vid.
Here it is:

16th May 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkmiS2he6SA
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Tue May 19, 2009 4:40 pm

Much better. Some comments:
1. I assume the middle break was meant to be choreographed? If so then you should make your actions more exaggerated, because if you want to make it comical, then small actions won't cut it with the audience. (I'm speaking from my experience as a stage drama actor.)
2. The transition from normal to break and back to normal still needs to be polished. It still feels a bit disjoint.
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Tue May 19, 2009 5:08 pm

let's work on that on the next and last practice this coming saturday~! ^^

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by HareHareYukai Fri May 29, 2009 11:38 pm

Here we go guys! Tomorrow's the big day! Let's put in our very best for the DRUMZOUT 2009 auditions!

Here's a big thanks to all who have made this possible and have helped out so far. We will play our very best and enjoy the experience. Let's hope we make it through then.

Side note: i don't know how many of you are coming down tomorrow with us from AMK to NTU to give us support, but if you want to come, please make sure you reach KBCC by 12pm LATEST. ALso, we will only provide one free taxi at most to be claimed by kbcc due to the size of our group and extra seats. other transport arrangements have to made if there are more than 4 people coming to support.

(: cya peoples! lets try our best, at least to make up for all the hard work we have put in the past 13 weeks!
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Sat May 30, 2009 12:14 am

SPECIAL SPECIAL!!

Let's lighten up with blyx's visual arts~
(Wushu+Drama+Slime Dance+Dizzy Dance+jumping Style)
xD

26th May 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOoBFpUfLis

This is our last practice on 28th May 2009:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYqZvc6-3ks

Okie, just pray for us that we'll get into finals and perform well..
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

DrumZout 2009 Updates, Information - Page 4 Empty FINALS, HERE WE COME!!

Post by yuu_yuki Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:50 pm

According to some tip off..

VIVO CITY, HERE WE COME!!!!
YES, WE GOT INTO THE FINALS GUYS, GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!!!
Still have to wait for the confirmation from the NTU side cos' not sure if it's confirm but at least someone told me we're in the finals.

Well, i'm not sure to be happy or not now since i'm working full shift part time, 7.30am to 6pm in IMH. That means i have to wake up at 5am+ and take the bus at 6am+ to reach there on time with my sister who's working there as well. I'm really happy and contented working there but as for the finals, i'm not sure if i have the energy left to do it.
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:43 am

18th June 2009

Sorry for the lousy phone recorder and good luck on the finals!!! Blame youtube for shrinking my video.

*Cookies for those who can spot something weird*
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:42 am

Coming to the day of the competition itself there is nothing more I can comment. For the actual performance, BE DARING! Exaggerate your actions! If you can't convince yourselves, you can't convince the audience. Simple as that.

Finally, good luck. I'll be there tomorrow.
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:03 pm

DRUMZOUT 2009 FINALLY CLOSED ITS CURTAINS YESTERDAY.

I hereby thanks everyone who has made it possible to perform in drumzout, especially the team (skyne, brandon, meow, yue & ym) plus all the others who had helped us in some form or other. =D

Last but not least....
GREAT JOB TEAM!!
WE'VE SURE MADE SOME IMPRESSION OUT THERE~~

ongchinkai wrote:Coming to the day of the competition itself there is nothing more I can comment. For the actual performance, BE DARING! Exaggerate your actions! If you can't convince yourselves, you can't convince the audience. Simple as that.

Finally, good luck. I'll be there tomorrow.

I'm sure we have convinced the judges yesterday?? xD
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:13 pm

Personally, I feel that the judges really enjoyed what the team put up yesterday. Not just them, but from where I was standing yesterday, I also noticed that some of the audience too liked it (maybe they also play Taiko and find the song familiar? XD)And I also think that the performance has gained us some form of recognition among most people out there.

And great job guys. All of us really enjoyed the performance. Do not be despair; even though our team didn't really win, what matters most is that everybody has put in the effort to make the performance at DrumZout a great one, and everybody enjoyed themselves, especially the performing team. I feel that that is already a great victory to me and all of us =)

Let's not look back too much into what went wrong and what could have been done to make it better, but let's all look forward into enjoying and having fun to reward ourselves for all the hard work and effort over the past few months. DanceDance
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:19 pm

まきお wrote:Personally, I feel that the judges really enjoyed what the team put up yesterday. Not just them, but from where I was standing yesterday, I also noticed that some of the audience too liked it (maybe they also play Taiko and find the song familiar? XD)And I also think that the performance has gained us some form of recognition among most people out there.

And great job guys. All of us really enjoyed the performance. Do not be despair; even though our team didn't really win, what matters most is that everybody has put in the effort to make the performance at DrumZout a great one, and everybody enjoyed themselves, especially the performing team. I feel that that is already a great victory to me and all of us =)

Let's not look back too much into what went wrong and what could have been done to make it better, but let's all look forward into enjoying and having fun to reward ourselves for all the hard work and effort over the past few months. DanceDance

Haha, there's only a single champion title for each category and wasn't any 2nd place nor 3rd place title. Maybe, just maybe, if they have a 2nd/3rd title, we may really got into it. Who knows, right? xD

And about the performance, i'm not sure about the audience cos' i don't hear any laughter from them. hahahaha, it's supposed to be funny but didn't hear any laughter though. xDDDD
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsurugi Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:51 pm

Too bad though we couldn't have shouted out taikodojo... would've gained more recognition from the audience or something... ah well Smile
I believe we won the other taiko group though, they were playing muzu or something Very Happy
mitsurugi
mitsurugi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:09 am

mitsurugi wrote:Too bad though we couldn't have shouted out taikodojo... would've gained more recognition from the audience or something... ah well Smile
I believe we won the other taiko group though, they were playing muzu or something Very Happy

Nahz, i doubt it's even muzu, but they have their own characteristics. Besides, Taiko is visual arts to begin with.
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:59 am

haha i realised the emcees pronounced taiko as "ta-e-ko"? and anyway that Ginny grp sucked. i hope that idiot guys steps on dog poo everyday.

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:44 am

Rubyrain wrote:haha i realised the emcees pronounced taiko as "ta-e-ko"? and anyway that Ginny grp sucked. i hope that idiot guys steps on dog poo everyday.

Don't be like that la, though i know they say say you that day..
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:06 am

i wonder if they play taiko also. lol.

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

DrumZout 2009 Updates, Information - Page 4 Empty DrumZout Finals 2009 KBCC Video~~~~

Post by yuu_yuki Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:56 am

The Long Awaited Video!!

Here it is guys.

Do Rate and fav it too~ Heez~
For those who could not make it to watch it live:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEMG7jOZkeQ

A Big Thank You to All of you who has turned up to support us~
And those who had shouted and cheer for us (in the vid, i heard the cheers and shouts. Most probably you guys did that, keke thanks!! =D)
It's been really a while and finally i've got the vids from the officials in the competition.

Also, an even bigger thank you to:
- Sky
- Blyx
- Meow
- Yue
- YM

who has dedicate your time to join me in this grueling competition.
This journey in Drumzout competition had been a hard time - both towards the audition part and the finals. Lotsa things happened: sadness, happiness, anger, anguish, tiredness, irritation, lameness, laughter etc etc.
And yes, one thing which i will never forget - tears.

Walking hand in hand towards a common goal, that is hoping taiko no tatsujin can get some exposure to the public, I believe we've been through quite some stuffs which most of the people aren't able to experience in their 2009 lifetime *rings a bell?? Refer to fb events, keke*. Though we did not get anything, however, for a young team like us which is around 2/3mths old to be up on that stage competing with the rest of the years of experienced team, i'm quite contented when i look back now.
From being invited to join the comp, to the idea of getting it done, to finally, getting on that stage, Lotsa things have changed. As well as even after this competition..

Nevertheless, We've been there, done that.
Step onto the audition floor and up onto the finals stage.
And i'm proud of the team:
Arigatou!!!!

*These will become part of our memories for sure. The Path, the Road, the Journey of Drumzout 2009, Thank you all of you*
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by fluorescence Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:19 am

congrats guys!~

lol...the MC told the secret... xD
fluorescence
fluorescence
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:44 pm

fluorescence wrote:congrats guys!~

lol...the MC told the secret... xD

That's what the team is aiming for, haha, but i doubt the rest of the people heard it. xD
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4