Taiko Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DrumZout 2009 Updates, Information

+9
ongchinkai
まきお
MEOWpiku
Skyne Keira
Zenova
Giazenshia
Rubyrain
yuu_yuki
HareHareYukai
13 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

DrumZout 2009 Updates, Information Empty DrumZout 2009 Updates, Information

Post by HareHareYukai Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:46 pm

DrumZout 2009 Updates & Information.

What: DrumZout 2009 is a Nation-wide Drumming Competition organized by NTU in Singapore.

Who: We will be participating in this Competition under the name of “Kebun Baru Community Club”.

When: Practices commence on 28th February 2009, every Saturday, for 3 hours every week, 3-6pm.
Auditions are 30th May, while the finals are 21st June @ Vivocity.

Where: Kebun Baru Community Club Chinese Orchestra Room

Why: This is used as a opportunity for publicity of TaikoDojo, (even though we are not allowed to use the name ‘TaikoDojo’ in the competition as of now. That will be a further problem to discuss in the future, but it will at least give us a certain form of recognition in the drumming scene in Singapore.

How: Sorry, registration is already closed. do join us as a helper or a supporter or show your support in one way or another!

Latest Updates!:
-Photo & Write up Submitted!
-Instrument List Submitted!
Only 3 more weeks to the competition!

We also recorded our latest one with a 10 megapixel cam, so go view it under discussion thread! (:

Latest Submissions:
This is the write up for Kebun Baru Arts Troupe. You can find the group picture in facebook group.

Kebun Baru Community Club
Write-Up

Our team comprises 6 members whom we met each other through our love for percussion music. We initiated to form this group because we believe that we will be able to use each of our individual strengths to create interesting percussion music. Representing the Kebun Baru Arts Troupe, we are a 2 months old team with minimal experience in performing arts. Even so, we believe that we can make up for our experience with our hard work and 110% effort in addition to our love and appreciation for percussion arts.

Taking part in this competition will definitely allow us to gain experience in the field of performing arts, furthermore, this too, is a great chance for us to let others know that anyone can create percussion music – no matter who they are, where they come from or either if they have or doesn’t have any musical background. Through this competition, we hope to meet more fellow like-minded percussionists to learn from each other. In turn, we hope to get better in percussion music and to gain a much more deeper understanding of this genre of music, as well as to touch other’s heart with our love for percussion music – the driving factor for us to take part in the DrumZout competition. In short, we will love to have exposure for the performing arts in the field of percussion music. To us, what matters most is that we are be able to have an opportunity to learn and spread our love of music to others: First by stepping out to this great and fulfilling experience – DrumZout 2009.

OUR INSTRUMENTS LIST:
2 大鼓 (Yuu & Brandon)
1pc drum from 排鼓 (Skyne)
1set of 5pc 木鱼 (Skyne)
1 锣 (Skyne)
1 马来手鼓 (YM)
2 Tambourines (YM & Meow)
1 Gong (Meow)
1 Maracas (Yue)
*Yue can take one Tambourines from YM when she's playing the Malay drum
NOTE: Only post here if you're going to provide information about the competition, our scheduled stuff etc, or results from a meeting or something that is essential to the competition. This is a platform to provide information and facts, not for discussion.
This will also be a platform to show our current status and condition and stuffs.
Thanks.

Last edited by HareHareYukai on Mon May 11, 2009 6:53 pm; edited 9 times in total
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

DrumZout 2009 Updates, Information Empty Organizing/Participating Members [DrumZout 2009]

Post by HareHareYukai Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:47 pm

Organizing/Participating Members of DrumZout 2009.

Overall In-Charge:
blyx & yuu

Performing Members
(members who perform and practice. differing phases of play: water,wind,fire.)
1. Blyx (Water Phase)
2. Yuu (Wind Phase)
3. Sylvester (Fire Phase)
4. Yimin (Bells)
5. Yue(Maracus)
6. Meowpiku (gong)

Helpers
(People who assist and help us in our process, as well as give comments, suggestions, help out in planning)
1. Gias (Tough Manual Labour[hehe you say de], Comments)
2. Chinkai (Advice and Support)
3. Mint (Advice and Support)
4. Gepi (Metronome and advice)
5. Amh (advice and support)
6. Kok Kian (advice and support)
7. Ice (advice and support)
8. Debbie(advice and support)

Resources/Venues/Payment/Procedures
(People who help get the instruments we require, venues for practice, and others.)
1. Yuu(Kebun Baru CC, CC instruments for practice)
2. Blyx(for handling payment and sign-up procedures.)

Supporters
(People who dress up in sandshrew-cosplay etc to come up with the craziest support we've ever given to anyone):

Last edited by HareHareYukai on Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:07 pm; edited 9 times in total
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

DrumZout 2009 Updates, Information Empty Timeline for Drumzout 2009

Post by HareHareYukai Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:47 pm

Timeline for DrumZout 2009.

28th February 2009
- Accomplished Taikoranbu Fire,Water,Wind Simultaneously with bells and gong for first 17 bars.
- Decided on instruments used
- Members confirmed: blyx, yuu, sylvester, yimin

7th March 2009
- Accomplished Taikoranbu Fire,Water,Wind Simultaneously with bells and gong for up to 30 bars.
- Added one more bells segment
- Members confirmed: meow

14th March 2009
- Completed whole taikoranbu fire,water,wind simulatenously with bells and gong accompaniment. Also recorded it down and posted in the later part of this thread.

-Registration Undergoing.

21st March 2009
-Tried various possibilities for improving on taikoranbu(e.g drum set addition etc)

-Practiced a lot more.

-Registration has been completed.

23rd March 2009
-Payment has been made for our team! ^^
-Sent scan of receipt to drumzout registration.

28th March 2009
-Briefing for Drumzout 2009! =D More than half of our team will be attending it.
Note: We have received info that there are a total of 6 teams participating in open category, out of which 5 teams will advance into G.Finals. LOL OMG.! -.-

-The audition venue has been decided. NTU LKC Lecture Theatre.

-Started actual practice @ kbcc only from 5-8pm.

-We made changes between line 9-10 and added 16 bars of extension to make it exactly 3min. shall anticipate even more extension.

-Added more fanciful actions to my part.

April 2009
-Just plain practice and rigour! We changed many parts, with some extensions.

-Added a mini-skit in our performance.

-Inject humour through instruments

2 May 2009
-Recorded a much updated version of our performing piece with a 10 megapixel camera. (bells can be heard! Yay!)

-Were more synchronized.

8 May 2009
-Audition date is confirmed, 30th May 2009

-3 weeks before competition!

-Our first practice which ended 9pm

-Changed many beats to avoid awkward sounds

-Practiced nonstop

Last edited by HareHareYukai on Mon May 11, 2009 6:47 pm; edited 6 times in total
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

DrumZout 2009 Updates, Information Empty FINALIZED INFORMATION

Post by yuu_yuki Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:20 am

Guys, here's more of the details:

Good News:
We can use the CC room for FREE!!!!
Yes, thanks to my godmum who has gone through so much trouble to liaise with the chairman and vice-chair etc, to fight for our rights to use it.
However, it's on ONE condition.
We will be representing the CC to compete instead of being the "Taiko Dojo" group.
"Taiko Dojo" cannot be mentioned to the cc if we want to use the cc room for FREE.
Well, there's no free lunch in this world so at least we have the place and instruments to practice for free. =3
And my godmum really went through a lot of trouble for us. For my side, i have responsibilities to answer to the cc and stuffs.
Both of us will be in trouble if the response is bad. Especially, the chairman, vice-chairman and my godmum. So we really have to get things going and NOT let anyone down.
I hope more people can join us for this competition, and gepi, you are needed for sure.

Practice Information
Date: Every Saturday from 28th Feb 2009
Time: 3hrs only. (From 3pm to 6pm, after that we can go dinner together)
Venue: Kebun Baru Community Club

**I will bring you guys there for the first time. So do meet up at AMK MRT station this Saturday @ half an hour prior to the meeting time.

Anyone wants to suggest other timing??

Last edited by yuu_yuki on Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:48 am; edited 4 times in total
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

DrumZout 2009 Updates, Information Empty Re: DrumZout 2009 Updates, Information

Post by yuu_yuki Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:30 am

@BLYX,
It's "Kebun Baru Community CLUB". xD
And i've just posted the info about the drumzout thing. lolz. xD
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:02 am

I'll be a helper. I can't pass taiko ranbu oni but I can help with other stuff. Like moral support. xD

PLEASE OH PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME A SUPPORTER. ASK GEPI TO GET HIS OWN CHEERLEADING TEAM.

As for Gray, he wun be able to make it this sat, but I'll try to talk to him abt this and see whether its possible for him to take saturdays off.

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:18 am

Rubyrain wrote:I'll be a helper. I can't pass taiko ranbu oni but I can help with other stuff. Like moral support. xD

PLEASE OH PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME A SUPPORTER. ASK GEPI TO GET HIS OWN CHEERLEADING TEAM.

As for Gray, he wun be able to make it this sat, but I'll try to talk to him abt this and see whether its possible for him to take saturdays off.

You can actually join us and play some of the smaller instruments like bells etc.
=D
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:05 am

Since I am quite free most of the time now, I can help out if you all want to. But when school reopens, I would have to stop.

Hmm, I can do hard labour (no kidding), pointing out mistakes and etc etc. You can leave the technical stuffs to me as well.

(For a start, let's get your bachis in tip top condition. Here comes the sandpaper and file)

After that I can become your supporters but I would have to refuse in getting into that sandshrew costume.
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:37 am

@Yuu: hehe, we'll see. i dun recall any bells in taiko ranbu. xP

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by HareHareYukai Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:43 pm

Notice: We seriously need much more response. JOIN EVEN IF YOU THINK YOU aren't really good in this. Because we need the numbers and response. We can't have everyone be helpers. There are also minor roles such as bells and gongs up for grab. These don't really require much training or anything.
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:58 pm

HareHareYukai wrote:Notice: We seriously need much more response. JOIN EVEN IF YOU THINK YOU aren't really good in this. Because we need the numbers and response. We can't have everyone be helpers. There are also minor roles such as bells and gongs up for grab. These don't really require much training or anything.

You are so so so soooooo wrong.
I've met people who are like simple beats who can't even grasp. Especially when it's off beat all the time. And hitting bells and gongs does require some knowledge to get the real sound out. xD

Oh, by the way people.
never, Never, NEVER EVER use your rolling pins bachi to play the orchestra drums.
Even if you sand it nicely, i won't allow you to use it on those delicate drums since those drums are much more thinner skin compared to those rubbers in the game machines. Chances are seriously high that the drum skin WILL TEAR, if you hit your rolling pins bachis on the surface for a period of time. Those drums have to use real bachi. Sorry to say that, but rolling pins, No.

There's bachi there so don't worry.
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by HareHareYukai Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:47 pm

Yes okay. Don't need experience in the past, but will require good rhythmic sense and lots of practice as well. But don't need to be really particularly good in taiko.

On another note: we seriously need the people. even if you think you're not capable for it just come and we'll see how things go.

Recommended people to come:
Grayson
Debbie
Yiting
amh
Kokkian
makio you have full time NS 2-1 working days which still has a chance of landing on a saturday so i guess there's no choice?
sylvester

and seriously i appeal again. all others who do not have much confidence in your own ability but believe you can contribute in some way or other JUST COME! DONT WORRY SO MUCH. we'll settle that later.

and we really need quick response. i'll be in my cca camp on fri-sat so i'll be coming out in the middle of it to attend the practice. which also means the last time i'll be able to access taikodojo will be thursday(tmr) night, and the last time i'll be able to receive notice of sms/calls will be around 6pm. after that handphones/ other devices will be kept by my seniors so yea.
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenova Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:04 pm

yuu_yuki wrote:
You are so so so soooooo wrong.
I've met people who are like simple beats who can't even grasp. Especially when it's off beat all the time. And hitting bells and gongs does require some knowledge to get the real sound out. xD
*cough* RICO's percussion members *cough* excluding me *sneeze* =p my section fails like some hell =.= quavers and stuff also can mis-count

Zenova
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

DrumZout 2009 Updates, Information Empty well well...

Post by Skyne Keira Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:02 am

yea,i dun mind joining,even though i doubt i'll be of much help,at my standard. still trying desperately to pass ranbu oni fire...(and darn,92 percent and still failing,i really am bad at this...)
but count mi in!
the most,if i can't get to the standard by the competition...i'll sacrifice myself and wear either the sandshrew costume or whatever you guys are gonna dress mi up as.(i sense evil lurking in the distance...)

Skyne Keira
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:55 am

Skyne Keira wrote:yea,i dun mind joining,even though i doubt i'll be of much help,at my standard. still trying desperately to pass ranbu oni fire...(and darn,92 percent and still failing,i really am bad at this...)
but count mi in!
the most,if i can't get to the standard by the competition...i'll sacrifice myself and wear either the sandshrew costume or whatever you guys are gonna dress mi up as.(i sense evil lurking in the distance...)

Don't worry!! You sure can pass one day de!!
You get more accurate hit, sure pass. =D
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenova Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:30 pm

Skyne Keira wrote:yea,i dun mind joining,even though i doubt i'll be of much help,at my standard. still trying desperately to pass ranbu oni fire...(and darn,92 percent and still failing,i really am bad at this...)
but count mi in!
the most,if i can't get to the standard by the competition...i'll sacrifice myself and wear either [i]the sandshrew costume or whatever you guys are gonna dress mi up as[/i].(i sense evil lurking in the distance...)

lol not make u wear, make gepi wear XD

hmmm, maybe we get ppl to cosplay as Taiko Drum Plushie looking things?

Zenova
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

DrumZout 2009 Updates, Information Empty hmmm...

Post by Skyne Keira Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:41 pm

taiko plushies? that definitely doesn't look figure-flattering(laugh to myself...)
well,i am slowly getting the hang of how to try and look more at the bar and the beat timing rather than the percentage. And yes,a slight improvement is coming along,but still require some work before I attain the standard of even passing ran bu fire,oni.
Oh,the practising has to be done in private. I can't stand idiots who stand like,two steps away from me and say stuff like "the beat so slow,should be quite easy what..."
wah,make my blood boil...Own them with xia ji...(...murderous grumbling...)

Skyne Keira
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:29 am

I'll see you guys at AMK later at 2:30pm. I'll be at AMK Hub and CCK before that playing Jubeat until 2:30pm.

Those who want to contact me or something, my number is: nine four four six five one eight one.
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenova Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:35 pm

Lol I always dunno about the different phase thingys of taikoranbu...
炎 水 風 << what's the difference?