Taiko Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jubeat machine

+10
太鼓Vchan
Rubyrain
gepi
ongchinkai
jenny_amh
fuuyue
Resdel
Giazenshia
HareHareYukai
yuu_yuki
14 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Jubeat machine Empty Jubeat machine

Post by yuu_yuki Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:20 am

The basic gameplay of UBeat is similar to Nintendo DS music games such as Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan and Elite Beat Agents and can be considered to be similar to Whac-A-Mole. Animated explosions are shown within the screens synced to a track of the player's choosing; when they fill up inside a screen, the player must tap the corresponding screen to score points. Taps can be judged as either Perfect, いい感じ (Good), 早い (Early), or 遅い (Late). 3 difficulties (Basic, Advanced, and Extreme) are offered for each song.

OFFICIAL WEBSITE:
http://www.konami.jp/bemani/jubeat/

So have anyone tried? It's quite fun but it's darn expensive. Laughing
There's this e-Amusement card which save your status and allow online multiplayer which you can play with people all around the world which has this Jubeat machine.

The e-Amusement card are sold at $6 in Zone X arcade in Singapore.
Gameplay is $2 per 3 songs. If it's cheaper, me sure go play everytime. xD
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Jubeat machine Empty Re: Jubeat machine

Post by HareHareYukai Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:01 am

omg im so addicted to jubeat xDDDDDDDDDDDD! its like so fun =P!
gias and i passed lv9 extreme snow goose at last >.> and the classical lv9 de as well, i want try other lv9s like happyhappy or something
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:29 am

Jubeat reminds me of O2Jam when I used to play that like 3 years back.

Have to admit, it's nice, and I am still finding a way to get that e-amusement pass. If anyone knows the exact location where they sell it, please tell me.

Got addicted to it at the first try, and managed to clear up to level 8 during the first try, and up to 9 on the next day.
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:56 am

You guys seriously power sia.. Especially blyx.. kaoz.. totally awesome!!
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:55 pm

I have officially cleared all the Jubeat hardest songs (level 9 as for now, since there isn't any level 10s)

That classical song, forgot name.
Snow Goose
Happy Happy
Gravition (If I remember). <-- worse out of the 4, the note sequence are near impossible to press, managed to pass this at the 700k mark.

Woot, 4th day in Jubeating and this is the result I get.

And also, Res said that the arcade at Lot 1 already have people with the e-amusement pass playing it. And also, I asked the staffs in JP, they said that the cards has not arrived yet.

Will be traveling down to DTE on Friday to check that area for Taiko, followed by Compass Mall, AMK Hub and Bugis Junction. Friday is a day for me to enjoy. Hope that one of the places do sell the Jubeat cards.
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Resdel Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:44 pm

Gias, Great work. It is time to wait for a chance for you to store all your scores on the e-musement pass once you have the card. I think your challengers will now be typically only BLYX. Very Happy

Eh, wait a minute. How come you never tell the rest of the jubeat/taiko forum people you got an 'S' in one of the expert songs? Don't feel shy leh!

Resdel
見習い
見習い

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:29 am

S for a level 6 song? That is somehow a low achievement. No point talking about it. Having an S, maybe I am the first person to do it? If so, that is another achievement.

If maybe I could get a S for those level 8 or 9 song, I'll gladly post it. but sadly, the most I got would be a B.
Actually, an A for one level 8 song.

There were many people watching me and I could hear their comments they gave behind my back.

Some of them were:

"siao, so pro"
"wah, the drum also can, this one also can"
"wtf, cannot win him one"
"this guy no life issit?" <-- (this idiot who said this, I have a life, and thank you for your concern. Not all pros have no life. I'm good in my studies as well and I socialize often)

and for once, the irritating girl was down there, but she couldn't see the screen well (AHAHA SHORTIE) and I'm playing like so hard, she can't even imitate. I think shes already suffering just by looking at my screen.

She was looking at mine, then she gave up and look at the other player, who happened to be playing beginner songs. And afterwards, she was begging her father that she wants to play Jubeat. And the moment I heard that, I inserted 3 more credits into the machine, and the other machine already have 2 more credits left. Happy waiting. ^^
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Resdel Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:54 pm

Level 6 song? Expert? Bai Ni Wei Shi (I call you my master) already. Low achievement? I do not even know if I can even pass one expert song. Yesterday, I just fumbled on "PEACH" in advanced mode. Crying or Very sad

Resdel
見習い
見習い

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:52 pm

Try playing level 1 songs, and play accurately. You can get 900k from there.

Score determined from what I roughly know:

1,000,000 / Total number of notes = Rough score for each perfect (liang) note.

So if you have songs with little notes, the scores for each note would be higher compared to a song with with lots of notes.

So, it is still possible to get S with beginner songs.

Speaking of songs, I saw a Anime song by Crystal Kay. The title is called "Konna no Chikaku de" from Nodame Cantabile ED (GYABO!)
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:46 am

Since I got the e-amusement card and had tried it out, I'll briefly explain how you use it.

You insert your card first, then followed by your credits.

For first timers, they will ask you to set a password for your card using 4 numbers from 0-9. That will be your password every time you want to play. (security issues, like preventing unknown people from using your card)

Now, you choose from Online (worldwide) or Local (machine to machine at the same area or solo)

So, what do you do now? Play your game as per normal, and the score will be recorded down onto your cards.

For online, when you choose a song, there will be like a 20 second wait to check if anyone else is also going to play the same song as you. If yes, the people will be automatically join the room. (up to 4 players including yourself) If no, then you'll be playing alone.

For leveling, there are special requirements and your normal experience bar. I'll list down 2 types here.

1. Song count (No repeats, they must be different, difficulty doesn't matter here. You can play the same song but different difficulty)

2. Achievement count (Like obtaining a total of 20 A's or better for all the song you have played).

Even though if you had maxed the experience bar, without clearing the requirement, you cannot advance in rank and vice versa. But however, requirements and experience bar do carry over to the next level.

Every time you level up, new requirements will be needed to advance to the next level. You will also get to choose a reward.

Rewards can range from unlocking new songs to unlocking new notes. (Notes as in the design of the button)

Rankings are as of

"New comer" -> C4 -> C3 -> C2 -> C1 -> B4 -> B3 -> B2 -> B1 etc etc....

------------------------------

If you're still confused about how they judge your experience bar for leveling up, taking into considerations are:

Total score
Combo (FC gives more points)
Difficulty of song
Ranking (If you're playing online with others, did you come in 1st, 2nd or 3rd or last)
Target requirement (did you pass or fail the song)

To pass the song, you need a total of 700k score

Ratings are as of below: (Only gotten SS at the max, highest score is 976k as of now)

D = Less than 700,000 (Game over, unless someone you are challenging did pass the song, you're safe. Like Taiko, only one person needs to pass the song)
C = 700,000 to 799,999
B = 800,000 to 849,999
A = 850,000 to 899,999
S = 900,000 to 949,999
SS = 950,000 to ????????

IMPORTANT NOTE: FAILING THE FIRST SONG IN ONLINE MODE = GAME OVER. THIS IS DIFFERENT FROM LOCAL PLAY

-------------------------------------

There are also additional achievements like titles you can use when playing. You will have to unlock them. I'll list down some of the common ones.

Level X (obtained by beating a level X song)
Failure (obtained by failing a song)
Online 1st/2nd/3rd (obtained by battling online and getting 1st/2nd or 3rd)
Full Combo (Full combo a song and you get this title)
Retro Girl (obtained by playing retro songs, LOL. I have this title. Damn funny)
etc etc
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Resdel Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:36 am

If anyone has the time, maybe it is good to compose a list of jubeat titles as one post, including the new songs. Gias, I think maybe you can help us out. I was wondering if the unlocked songs stayed permanent or they only appear as the last song just like DDR. Don't post score for that post.
State the level as well for each difficulty.

Gias, I believe you have chosen a few songs because you have up-ed some ranks. I was wondering if you chose the songs, (most people will choose that for collection purposes) how is the selection format like? What I mean is:

Example: I am a newcomer going for rank C4 and up my ranks to C1 or B4. Is it every rank up,
i) there will be one new song to unlock for C ranks songs (4 songs I can choose in any way to unlock as long as I clear all C ranks)? or
ii) there are 6 songs for example, 2 per each C ranks at random, in which you can reselect one song you missed but can only choose 4 from the pool of 6? or
iii) All 8 songs are all non-repeatable : Choosing one song means you have no chance to choose another after that? or
iv) As long as you rank up, you can still choose a song from C rank even though you are a A rank person? (That means you can collect all the songs from jubeat collection.)

You also mentioned something like Level 10 songs, which you deleted the post, I think. Is that song a standalone level 10 song, or it can also be played at any difficulty?

Also, if let's say, you and I are playing jubeat with each other locally, you have a new song and I don't have, can I still play that song with you?

By the way, Gias, thanks for sharing with us the information you know about jubeat. Smile

Resdel
見習い
見習い

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:08 pm

Let's see, from C4 to B1, there are 4 things for you to unlock, and by the time you reach B1, you will definitely unlock all the 4 unlockables, it is just up to you to choose which you want first and last. (For me I chose the songs first)

One rank = 1 unlock (C4 -> C3)
1 full rank (From C4 -> C1, total of 4 unlocks)

So, no matter what happens, you won't miss any of the unlockables since they follow a procedure that will always end at 100% unlocked.

And yes, when you unlock the songs, whenever you play, you get to choose it in the song list. It's permanent. I already have 2 notes and 2 songs as of now, since I am at C1. One of the unlocked songs is a level 9 song in extreme, and the hardest of all the 4 available-to-all level 9 songs.

For the level 10 song, I believe it is of different difficulty. I have no idea what that song is though, since I have not yet to see anyone play it before my eyes. (I might be the first, who knows? lol)

For playing unlocked songs with someone who doesn't have it, I am not too sure yet, gotta check it sometimes when I head back to Bugis or Lot 1 where you can use the card.
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Resdel Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:37 am

Another question I forget to add. If I only play local, can I still rank up? Or rank up is only meant for online only? That means only when played online, they then count the number of A's you have, whether you are 1st or last.

Resdel
見習い
見習い

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:40 pm

Local is fine as well. You actually need an internet connection before the e-amusement card can be used.

So that is why, playing it on local, they will still update your score over the internet, just that you're playing alone.

So overall, you'll still get experience when you're playing local.
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Resdel Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:23 pm

If you and I got the time, I join you for online playing. It sounds like fun. Thanks for all the Jubeat information, Gias. Very Happy

Resdel
見習い
見習い

Back to top Go down

Post by fuuyue Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:38 pm

jubeat is easy larh.
the rhythms and patterns are the same.
play a few more times, figure how to place ur fingers. and bam! u'll pass.

if i can be playing expert 6 -7 and pass on my 2nd and 3rd try.
i dont see whats so hard about it.
but i do agree that the lvl 8 and 9 expert mode can be challenging the 1st maybe 5 times u play it...
till u manage to see the sequence and stuff...

jubeat is pure entertainment larh.
not much skill or talent needed IMHO.
fuuyue
fuuyue
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by HareHareYukai Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:31 am

good news to jp-ers, jurong point's online is up at last. Btw up from C1 to B4 is uber tiring.. nid chiong like crazy ah -_- each song the exp like negligible like that..

is there a way to gain more exp? online vs local exp difference?

online 1st place vs 4th place exp difference? need help on this cuz im lazy to spam.

Btw today got this guy who was rather arrogant about himself being the top in sg going to A1.

He seemed like he was dissatisfied just cuz i got an SS for something. he said he didnt bother to break it cuz he already got 3 SS'es.

I was like so what.. 3 only.. that's only a lvl4 LOL. if he spam SS 3 is horribly few. -_-
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:12 am

HareHareYukai wrote:Btw today got this guy who was rather arrogant about himself being the top in sg going to A1.

He seemed like he was dissatisfied just cuz i got an SS for something. he said he didnt bother to break it cuz he already got 3 SS'es.

I was like so what.. 3 only.. that's only a lvl4 LOL. if he spam SS 3 is horribly few. -_-

Real great players are often humble, whereas people who brag about "how good they are", being smug/arrogant etc, are often those who doesn't have much skills as how they portray to be.

So, empty vessels make the most noise. kat=D
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Resdel Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:54 am

I agree. And also, how a person plays jubeat, the way he touches the buttons doesn't matter really, as long as the person passed. I got shaun once yesterday by one person, an onlooker. Btw, I doubt he even looks like a beginner himself. Smile Very Happy

Resdel
見習い
見習い

Back to top Go down

Post by HareHareYukai Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:56 am

Yuu, yeah! Empty Vessels xD

and res, you meant "I doubt he even looks like an expert himself"
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Resdel Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:13 pm

I want him to look more shameful. If I think he is an expert, I give him too much face already. Anyway, that song I played when he commented is an expert song.

Resdel
見習い
見習い

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:51 pm

Online is up? I SOOOO WANTED to head back to Singapore right now.

I want to unlock the level 10 songs.

As of these few days before going overseas and now, I'm training on DJMAX on x6 and x7 speed for fast reading as well as playing the Piano for flexibility on my hands.

So, when I reach back, I hope to play with everyone.

For people who looks like their experts, have them to play the game. Tell them not to "all talk no action" or "act pro"

But whenever I play, nobody up to now in Jubeat, dares to say I'm a noob or gives me the "aiyah, noob" face. Everyone will either be shocked, or spreads negative and positive comments. (Like wah, so pro or eee, no life)
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by HareHareYukai Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:17 pm

rank B what le gias? O_O. btw zonex's online is lousy. connects only to the various other zonex's. starfactories' and virtualands' however link to japan etc. much better. btw icicles is easier than "i-love-sumi"
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:44 am

C1 -.-. But one more game and I'll be at B4. (I need abou 3-4 As) before advancing.

But however, it is better to VS other Zone-X players before the people in Japan. Those in Japan, they play better than us and can FC level 9 songs with like 950k score. Trust me, I've faced those players before.

And also, for scores wise, they take into consideration these few things:

Difficulty of song (Higher diff = Higher exp)
FC (FC = tons of exp)
Online Ranking (If you play online and you get first = more exp)
Pass/Fail (Pass = additional exp)

So if you spam level 1/2/3 songs, you won't get as much as those level 7/8/9/10.

I'll most likely be back on Saturday and on Sunday, since I need to do something in the afternoon, I'll head to Zone-X first before heading somewhere in the city area to collect my customized Shana laptop sticker.
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by HareHareYukai Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:33 pm

bad news: jp's online is down like what the -_-" i giveup on jp's jubeat servicing cmi -_-
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next