Taiko Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taiko Carnival 2009

+11
yuu_yuki
monster.elo
Giazenshia
gepi
Kyon
Rubyrain
Skyne Keira
mitsurugi
hayatekazama
まきお
ongchinkai
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Taiko Carnival 2009 Empty Taiko Carnival 2009

Post by ongchinkai Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:03 pm

ON HOLD AWAITING UPDATES FROM ARCADIA

As promised, I will be working closely with Arcadia on the competition-cum-carnival event in December. Tentative details are as follows:
Date: Dec 26 & 27 (tentative)
Time: 1pm to 5pm (tentative)
Venue: Arcadia (to hold this at Se7en would raise costs considerably so...)
Fees: $5 for main event (more or less confirmed), fees for side events TBA
Registration period: Not open yet, TBA

You see "side events"? That's why this EOY taiko event is also a carnival, because this time we want to reach out to as wide an audience as possible. There will be two side events - the most 連打 event and the Taiko Idol Smile

Main Event (Details in post #2)
In short, it will consist of a seeded group stage, followed by double-elimination KO. This time there will be no revival rounds like the previous competition because we'd fought for the fees to be lowered. Nevertheless, this time there will be more prizes up for grabs! Smile

Side Event 1 - most 連打 event (Details in post #3)
As the title implies, you win if you can hit the most 連打 Smile

Side Event 2 - Taiko Idol (Details in post #4)
Idol fever hits taiko! Smile This is open to those of you who likes to perform stunts, cosplay, dance etc etc...form a team of 1-4 persons and register ASAP!!!

Last edited by ongchinkai on Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:30 pm; edited 4 times in total
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Taiko Carnival 2009 Empty Re: Taiko Carnival 2009

Post by ongchinkai Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:03 pm

Main Event
I'll put up some of the points which you need to take note for this event. Finalized rules and regulations will be put up at a later date. Check this post for updates!

General flow

• Participants will be divided into eight seeded groups
  • Top two players from each group will proceed to KO stage
  • Double-elimination KO reduces the random factor - you're only eliminated if you lose twice in a row (sort of...see below)
  • Prizes will be awarded to top two players in each bracket, and a grand prize will be awarded to the ultimate winner

Seeded group stage

• A player is seeded if he was one of the eight quarterfinalists from the last competition - ie, ADRI, DEX, GEPI, KIO, RUBY, SKY, YUU, ZEN will be seeded if they take part in the main event
  • Each group will contain at most one seeded player - ie, it's possible that a group may contain no seeded players
  • Imagine me holding ten envelopes, each of which contains a predetermined playlist. One person from each group will represent the group in picking the playlist
  • Play the songs in the order stated
  • Top two players from each group proceed to KO stage. No revival rounds this time, sorry! Evil or Very Mad

Double-elimination KO

• Players will be paired in such a way that a group winner will play against a group runner-up which he hasn't played with (ie, players from the same group won't meet again in the 1st KO round)
  • For each round, there will be a fixed set/range of songs up for grabs - each song in this set will only appear once! (ie, if ABC and DEF are playing Kurenai, then there will be no Kurenai in subsequent matches in the round)
  • For a feel of what double-elimination is like, click HERE to see a sample map

Last edited by ongchinkai on Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:04 pm

Side Event 1 - Renzoku Tataki (which simply means Consecutive Hitting)

As the title suggests, this event is all about how fast you can flex your wrists or flap your arms! Razz

To level the playing field,

• top four players from last tournament are not allowed to take part (suggested by Kah Fai) - ie, you won't see YUU, ADRI, DEX or GEPI here
  • no personal bachi allowed - only the arcade bachi can be used
  • the song(s) will be at 簡単 difficulty

Last edited by ongchinkai on Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:04 pm

Side Event 2 - Taiko Idol

This is for those of you who like to dress up, dance, double-drum, share-a-drum...whatever it is, it's up to your creativity, so long as you don't hurt anyone or break the law Smile Some points to take note:

• Team size is at least 1 (double-drum), at most 4 (2 players per drum)
  • You may have people perform parts not involving the drum, as long as the number of players on the drum is more than or equal to the number of players not on the drums (ie, 1 player = 1 on drum + 0 not on drum, 2 players = 1+1 or 2+0, 3 players = 2+1 or 3+0, 4 players = 2+2 or 3+1 or 4+0)
  • Judging criteria hasn't been confirmed, but you can expect factors like technical difficulty, costume and showmanship to be considered

As a bonus to those of you who wish to take part on this but don't want to spend too much practicing, here's a piece of good news, so pay attention here. Smile

Tornado will be having their soft launch on Dec 12 & 13, with media coverage. Kah Fai is more than happy to provide us with two hours of free play each day for that weekend, because like I mentioned up there, Taiko no Tatsujin occupies a prominent position as one of the showcase games. In other words, you'll be there to showcase your talents for free, and you'll get to rehearse your performance Smile

Last edited by ongchinkai on Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:05 pm

MISCELLANEOUS FILLER POST

I understand that there's a big event on Dec 26, so I'll try and see if I can move the event earlier...

I proposed a solution of having the event take place over two Sundays - ie, Dec 20 & 27. If this solution is adopted, would you prefer the competition to be spread over these two days, or concentrated into one day?

Last edited by ongchinkai on Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:16 am; edited 3 times in total
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:17 pm

Hmm 26th Dec? You might want to reconsider this date again, because this day also clashes with the EOY'09 event at the National Library, which is a hot favourite to many people out there, thus many people might flock to the library rather than coming to Arcadia.

http://sgcafe.com/showthread.php?t=63924
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:21 pm

まきお wrote:Hmm 26th Dec? You might want to reconsider this date again, because this day also clashes with the EOY'09 event at the National Library, which is a hot favourite to many people out there, thus many people might flock to the library rather than coming to Arcadia.

http://sgcafe.com/showthread.php?t=63924

Noted, I will inform Arcadia about this. Thanks!
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by hayatekazama Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:28 pm

cosplay during the comply.. hmm... oh ya.. i'm going for the EOY'09 so if the comply is on 26th Dec den i wont be able to go.. sadly..
hayatekazama
hayatekazama
駆けだし
駆けだし

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsurugi Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:47 pm

Same here, will go to EOY if it's the 26...
Seems to me that the seeded group has a huge factor of luck...if you manage to avoid meeting the top players he/she gets into double elimination... or something like that?
mitsurugi
mitsurugi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:52 pm

mitsurugi wrote:Seems to me that the seeded group has a huge factor of luck...if you manage to avoid meeting the top players he/she gets into double elimination... or something like that?

The aim of the seeded group stage is to enforce some form of quality control - since Taiko no Tatsujin is one of the showcase games of Arcadia, naturally if you take part in a competitive event then there has to be some way to ensure that the public gets to the see players of a certain calibre perform.

I won't say there's luck involved. Firstly, if you're seeded, then you've already "made" your own luck back then. Secondly, if you're not seeded, it doesn't necessarily mean you're worse than the seeded player. At the end of the day, it all comes down to how well you perform.

EDIT: Check out post #5 for a proposed solution to the Dec 26 problem. Thanks! Smile
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsurugi Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:37 am

ongchinkai wrote:
mitsurugi wrote:Seems to me that the seeded group has a huge factor of luck...if you manage to avoid meeting the top players he/she gets into double elimination... or something like that?

The aim of the seeded group stage is to enforce some form of quality control - since Taiko no Tatsujin is one of the showcase games of Arcadia, naturally if you take part in a competitive event then there has to be some way to ensure that the public gets to the see players of a certain calibre perform.

I won't say there's luck involved. Firstly, if you're seeded, then you've already "made" your own luck back then. Secondly, if you're not seeded, it doesn't necessarily mean you're worse than the seeded player. At the end of the day, it all comes down to how well you perform.

EDIT: Check out post #5 for a proposed solution to the Dec 26 problem. Thanks! Smile

Now that I think about it this way with a clearer state of mind(finally got some sleep) it makes sense Very Happy
Oh about post 5, I'd prefer it to be concentrated into one day... I can only get leave on one day of work after all Very Happy
mitsurugi
mitsurugi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Skyne Keira Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:07 am

eh count mi in for everything...

Skyne Keira
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:34 am

Concentrated in one day = better.

out of point: Dec 12 & 13 also happens to be the 1000th issue anniversary of 8 days, so it MIGHT be very crowded.

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyon Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:06 am

i suggest concentrated in 1 day ~

alot ppl will go eoy'09 on 26

Kyon
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:36 pm

Kyon wrote:alot ppl will go eoy'09 on 26

I've been wondering about this, but does this event have any appeal to people outside of the cosplay community? I'm posting this from my workplace where I can't view that thread in SGCafe...
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by gepi Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:10 pm

ongchinkai wrote:
Kyon wrote:alot ppl will go eoy'09 on 26

I've been wondering about this, but does this event have any appeal to people outside of the cosplay community? I'm posting this from my workplace where I can't view that thread in SGCafe...

try navigating from here:
http://www.kenshin.sg/sgcafe/

I think there's going to be anime stuff there.
gepi
gepi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:35 pm

This will be my third year going to EOY.

There will be cosplay, Anime stuffs, merchandises (booths, usually the doujin booths) performances by some cosplay groups and for this year, a seiyuu, Makino Yui (Who voiced Sakura in Tsubasa Chronicle and sang many nice OP (like from ARIA)) will be coming.

It'll mainly be the regulars who will be going though... Not much of the public. And I guess most of us, including me, will be heading over for a peep
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyon Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:43 pm

CK >> ya,outside people are also welcome to go that event.

gepi >> yea~more anime stuff coming XD

giaz >> haha,for what i know for eoy,every year there was a high increase of people going,so i believe this year also will had quite a number of ppl going.

Kyon
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Taiko Carnival 2009 Empty Taiko competition @ Arcadia

Post by monster.elo Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:58 pm

Hi everyone!

Arcadia is working with the community for the competition, stay tune. Nothing is confirm but we can in discussion w CK already.

Enjoy!
monster.elo
monster.elo
へたっび
へたっび

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:16 am

ongchinkai wrote:
@Yuu: Pls sticky this, thanks! Very Happy:D:D

As promised, I will be working closely with Arcadia on the competition-cum-carnival event in December. Tentative details are as follows:
Date: Dec 26 & 27 (tentative)
Time: 1pm to 5pm (tentative)
Venue: Arcadia (to hold this at Se7en would raise costs considerably so...)
Fees: $5 for main event (more or less confirmed), fees for side events TBA
Registration period: Not open yet, TBA

You see "side events"? That's why this EOY taiko event is also a carnival, because this time we want to reach out to as wide an audience as possible. There will be two side events - the most 連打 event and the Taiko Idol Smile

Main Event (Details in post #2)
In short, it will consist of a seeded group stage, followed by double-elimination KO. This time there will be no revival rounds like the previous competition because we'd fought for the fees to be lowered. Nevertheless, this time there will be more prizes up for grabs! Smile

Side Event 1 - most 連打 event (Details in post #3)
As the title implies, you win if you can hit the most 連打 Smile

Side Event 2 - Taiko Idol (Details in post #4)
Idol fever hits taiko! Smile This is open to those of you who likes to perform stunts, cosplay, dance etc etc...form a team of 1-4 persons and register ASAP!!!

Been hibernating for my exams and didn't get to login to dojo..
Now then see this.. Really sorry for the late reply, i've put it as announcement liaoz.

And btw, this competition is individual one again??
I thought the compy's gonna be doubles sia..
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by adri Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:12 am

i dont think there will be enough people if it was doubles
adri
adri
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by PegaKok Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:30 am

ongchinkai wrote:MISCELLANEOUS FILLER POST

I understand that there's a big event on Dec 26, so I'll try and see if I can move the event earlier...

I proposed a solution of having the event take place over two Sundays - ie, Dec 20 & 27. If this solution is adopted, would you prefer the competition to be spread over these two days, or concentrated into one day?

Over 1 day, 20 dec? o_O
PegaKok
PegaKok
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:01 pm

adri wrote:i dont think there will be enough people if it was doubles

Haha~ I got that little boy around 8yrs old to join. He can pass some oni songs like seasons when i trained him. He's interested in the competition when i told his mom it's roughly around $5. So if the reg fees is around $5, i'm sure there will be more people joining. But that depends on arcadia. I just hope it'll be around $5.

@Zabor,
Xiu yi auntie's boy how old huh? Should be 8yrs old right?
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:29 pm

Ladies and gentlemen, I have good/bad news to announce.

Due to the fact that not just us, but also the Jubeat and Guitar Hero communities are also keen in holding a competition around the same period, Arcadia is considering merging the three events into a Music Festival. While nothing is finalized yet, some of the things you can look forward to:

1. BIG-SCREEN LIVE TELECAST @ COLOSSEUM
2. BIG PRIZES, much bigger than if we were to hold our event separately

As it is now, I'm awaiting news from Kah Fai/Eloise regarding this. In any case, what this means is that we won't be involved in any of the behind-the-scenes production...so to quote Kah Fai, "even you can take part!" (Of course I was like ROFL?)

More updates TBA Smile
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsurugi Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:17 pm

ongchinkai wrote:Ladies and gentlemen, I have good/bad news to announce.

Due to the fact that not just us, but also the Jubeat and Guitar Hero communities are also keen in holding a competition around the same period, Arcadia is considering merging the three events into a Music Festival. While nothing is finalized yet, some of the things you can look forward to:

1. BIG-SCREEN LIVE TELECAST @ COLOSSEUM
2. BIG PRIZES, much bigger than if we were to hold our event separately

As it is now, I'm awaiting news from Kah Fai/Eloise regarding this. In any case, what this means is that we won't be involved in any of the behind-the-scenes production...so to quote Kah Fai, "even you can take part!" (Of course I was like ROFL?)

More updates TBA Smile

I can imagine some guys from our forum going to both the jubeat and taiko tournaments already Very Happy Very Happy
mitsurugi
mitsurugi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next