Taiko Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taiko namecard revamped!

+13
PegaKok
adri
jenny_amh
mitsurugi
wreako24
Rubyrain
まきお
Zenova
yuu_yuki
Kozue
ongchinkai
hayatekazama
Giazenshia
17 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Taiko namecard revamped! - Page 2 Empty Re: Taiko namecard revamped!

Post by Giazenshia Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:21 am

If you don't mind... make one for me

Include my name: "Giazenshia (Gias)", email (my hotmail) and my HP number.

Thanks.
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsurugi Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:04 am

まきお wrote:Printing in progress...

EDIT: For those who wants one, let me know what name would you like to appear on the card. And let me know if you want personal info (the ones in yellow) to be included or not.

I want one too~~~ Smile
Erm...lets see...
Can you include my full name (Mitsurugi Yuuji), my email (aaron4msm@hotmail.com..i know it's msm...) and my phone number? (9*******)

Last edited by mitsurugi on Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
mitsurugi
mitsurugi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:15 am

mitsurugi wrote:
まきお wrote:Printing in progress...

EDIT: For those who wants one, let me know what name would you like to appear on the card. And let me know if you want personal info (the ones in yellow) to be included or not.

I want one too~~~ Smile
Erm...lets see...
Can you include my full name (Mitsurugi Yuuji), my email (aaron4msm@hotmail.com..i know it's msm...) and my phone number? (9*******)

Ermm, don't put your telephone number openly; for privacy reasons. I think you should edit your post ASAP. For phone numbers to be included, just PM me.
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsurugi Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:17 am

Sorry bout that, was wondering how to tell you without posting, forgot about the pm... Edited the post already, Thanks Makio
mitsurugi
mitsurugi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:46 am

Hmm for namewise, it'll be better if you guys use the name that everyone of us call you whenever we meet up for Taiko sessions or gatherings.
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:22 pm

some ppl call me ruby some ppl call me debbie lehs... LOL. how? btw i want 1 too can? just put my name as ruby & my email ruby_rain@hotmail.com. Thanks in advance~!

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:10 pm

For me, i wanna see how it goes and it's for own use, haha~
Do include mine too, PM ya. =P
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:59 pm

Success!! Today, I managed to print 8 sets of my own card as well as Gias', and they turned out pretty well by using a cardboard-type A4 SIZE paper (those which are used as diplomas or certificates). And they really look like great business cards, just that they appeared "cute" and "creative", as mentioned by the printing shop owner herself. They shall be used for personal use as well as distribution to the public and game organizers.

The DOWNSIDE:

As what CK mentioned earlier, this Taiko namecard project can be very costly compared to cheap B&W Flyers and YES, he is absolutely correct. 8 sets of cards costs me more than $3 to produce. Thus, for now I decided that I am able to give ONE card to everyone for personal usage only unless upon request. If anyone wishes to have multiple copies for distribution, I'll be glad to do them for you if you could donate some funds for me to cover the costs of production. I'll only be giving multiple copies to Yuu, who owns and runs this forum; CK, who manages events and competitions by taking up lead roles; and Gias, who seems to be doing very well at publicity of Taiko no Tatsujin as well as Drummania, Jubeat and other games.

Since the printing of the cards turn out well, I shall begin the next beta phase: using the card to advertise TaikoDojo. For those will multiple cards, feel free to distribute to new potential players whom you feel can get along yet they can be hard to convince, and also to any game events that you attend. As for the rest, you can flash your card to new players.

PS. CK, perhaps maybe you can start printing your B&W flyers so that it can co-work with the card? Many thanks
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenova Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:34 pm

まきお wrote:Success!! Today, I managed to print 8 sets of my own card as well as Gias', and they turned out pretty well by using a cardboard-type A4 SIZE paper (those which are used as diplomas or certificates). And they really look like great business cards, just that they appeared "cute" and "creative", as mentioned by the printing shop owner herself. They shall be used for personal use as well as distribution to the public and game organizers.

The DOWNSIDE:

As what CK mentioned earlier, this Taiko namecard project can be very costly compared to cheap B&W Flyers and YES, he is absolutely correct. 8 sets of cards costs me more than $3 to produce. Thus, for now I decided that I am able to give ONE card to everyone for personal usage only unless upon request. If anyone wishes to have multiple copies for distribution, I'll be glad to do them for you if you could donate some funds for me to cover the costs of production. I'll only be giving multiple copies to Yuu, who owns and runs this forum; CK, who manages events and competitions by taking up lead roles; and Gias, who seems to be doing very well at publicity of Taiko no Tatsujin as well as Drummania, Jubeat and other games.

Since the printing of the cards turn out well, I shall begin the next beta phase: using the card to advertise TaikoDojo. For those will multiple cards, feel free to distribute to new potential players whom you feel can get along yet they can be hard to convince, and also to any game events that you attend. As for the rest, you can flash your card to new players.

PS. CK, perhaps maybe you can start printing your B&W flyers so that it can co-work with the card? Many thanks

lol how much would it be for us if we paid u to print out copies as well? cuz i think i'll probably need some =p for mine, can either put my name or Zen would be fine, and my email is sworhdo3@gmail.com

Thx in advance~!!

Zenova
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:49 pm

Zenova wrote:

lol how much would it be for us if we paid u to print out copies as well? cuz i think i'll probably need some =p for mine, can either put my name or Zen would be fine, and my email is sworhdo3@gmail.com

Thx in advance~!!

Erm, please be specific. Thanks.

Well if you can donate like 4 bucks to me, I'll be more than happy to print 8 more copies of the card for you.
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:56 pm

まきお wrote:Success!! Today, I managed to print 8 sets of my own card as well as Gias', and they turned out pretty well by using a cardboard-type A4 SIZE paper (those which are used as diplomas or certificates). And they really look like great business cards, just that they appeared "cute" and "creative", as mentioned by the printing shop owner herself. They shall be used for personal use as well as distribution to the public and game organizers.

The DOWNSIDE:

8 sets of cards as in 8pcs of cards? Or?
Oh, If it's multiple copies for me to distribute under my name, please do NOT print out my email, hp number etc. Lolz~ xD
Those personal information are only for me to keep, haha~
katHa
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:01 am

yuu_yuki wrote:

The DOWNSIDE:

Oh, If it's multiple copies for me to distribute under my name, please do NOT print out my email, hp number etc. Lolz~ xD
katHa

Sure, I'll just print out one card with the personal details while the other remaining cards will have your hp number and e-mail excluded.
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:09 am

まきお wrote:
yuu_yuki wrote:

The DOWNSIDE:

katHa

Sure, I'll just print out one card with the personal details while the other remaining cards will have your hp number and e-mail excluded.

Can i have the personal details ones a couple of them too?? Cos' i'll be distributing to my other friends and close friends to promote through them. =D
The rest of the cards i hope to exclude personal info, so i can give to new faces which i will see in arcade. Heez~
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:16 am

yuu_yuki wrote:
まきお wrote:
yuu_yuki wrote:

The DOWNSIDE:

katHa

Can i have the personal details ones a couple of them too?? Cos' i'll be distributing to my other friends and close friends to promote through them. =D
The rest of the cards i hope to exclude personal info, so i can give to new faces which i will see in arcade. Heez~

Alright sure, I'll have 4 cards with the personal info while the other 4 to be excluded.

If you want, maybe I'll print another 8 copies of the cards. 8 with the personal info while the other 8 doesn't. For each A4 cardboard paper, I am able to squeeze in and print up to 8 cards per piece.
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:58 am

Makio, if you don't really mind, can you send me the image of the card? I can print it by myself in case I run out of them sooner or later. If you use photoshop, send me the .psd since it'll be easier to edit a little (keep the layers intact please?)

Also, I'm getting another re-print of my mascot (those shrine maidens on my drumsticks). So since I'm going to get a high quality sticking paper + matte lamination over and my mascots are not that big, I would still have space left over.

Those who doesn't like your TapZ card design, I'll see if I can actually squeeze the Taiko namecard into a sticker design for you. Just tell me. Limited to the first 4 person only, and only 1 copy per person. It'll take a while, since I need to prepare and it takes time.

I'll just include your name inside the "name sticker" and that should be all.

If I still have space to print more, I'll update you guys.

And warning, the paper is REALLY sticky and durable so once you stick it in, you'll have trouble plucking it out. So please be reminded that unless you don't really want your TapZ design on the other side, then go ahead and tell me.
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenova Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:59 am

まきお wrote:
Zenova wrote:

Thx in advance~!!

Erm, please be specific. Thanks.

Well if you can donate like 4 bucks to me, I'll be more than happy to print 8 more copies of the card for you.

lol sorry, then i think just put zenova, since that's my forum name >< lol yeah btw, 8 copies = 8 cards? (omg $0.50 a card XD)

Zenova
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:40 pm

actually, if no one objects, we can all design and print our own name cards to our liking de right? cuz i find that $4 for 8 cards abit ex lehs. den if that's the case might as well choose our own layout and print through our own printers? not that fantastic, but should be cheaper ba.

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:22 pm

Giazenshia wrote:Makio, if you don't really mind, can you send me the image of the card? I can print it by myself in case I run out of them sooner or later. If you use photoshop, send me the .psd since it'll be easier to edit a little (keep the layers intact please?)

Also, I'm getting another re-print of my mascot (those shrine maidens on my drumsticks). So since I'm going to get a high quality sticking paper + matte lamination over and my mascots are not that big, I would still have space left over.

Those who doesn't like your TapZ card design, I'll see if I can actually squeeze the Taiko namecard into a sticker design for you. Just tell me. Limited to the first 4 person only, and only 1 copy per person. It'll take a while, since I need to prepare and it takes time.

And warning, the paper is REALLY sticky and durable so once you stick it in, you'll have trouble plucking it out. So please be reminded that unless you don't really want your TapZ design on the other side, then go ahead and tell me.

Hmmm for ez-link cards and TapZ cards, I'm more in favour of Pyrozz's design to be on it (thread's locked, so I'm unable to retrieve the images and posts). But the Taiko namecard will do too, just see how it can be done on TapZ card, ez-link cards, eAmusement Passes, etc. I'll see if it is really possible send it to you. The background image is done by Photoshop. As for the names and labels, well its another very common software that everyone uses.

Rubyrain wrote:actually, if no one objects, we can all design and print our own name cards to our liking de right? cuz i find that $4 for 8 cards abit ex lehs. den if that's the case might as well choose our own layout and print through our own printers? not that fantastic, but should be cheaper ba.

It's good that everyone can design cards on their own too. However, people will definitely ask why are there so many different kind of namecards for a single forum club, thus making it look unorganized and unstandard; which is why we should have one standard design for a namecard so that people can easily recognize that you are a member of TaikoDojo, even from afar. And if we group together, the more people can recognize that we are one club.

Even if we print ourselves, don't forget that doing so also costs money. The A4 cardboard-like paper alone costs 50 cents. If I go to the printshop, printing 8 namecards on a single paper costs me $3.30. I can actually print them on my own too, but take note that printing such cards uses up lots of ink and you will run out of printing ink very fast if you consistently keep on printing. And a printer ink cartridge can cost from $50 - $70. I can try start printing the cards using my own printer too, but I'll see how long my ink can last till before I have to start buying a new ink cartridge for my printer.
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:33 pm

Here's the quote:

Pyrozz wrote:I was just playing around...
I don't know about the back... Ideas?

Front:
Taiko namecard revamped! - Page 2 Card1_1

Back (variation 1):
Taiko namecard revamped! - Page 2 Card1_2

Back (variation 2):
Taiko namecard revamped! - Page 2 Card2_2

Back (variation 3):
Taiko namecard revamped! - Page 2 Card3_2

We can do cards with magnetic strips, and have them programmed to be the cards we use for the arcade. Although, only one arcade. But if (for example) you only need one card for all the Zone X places, then I guess it would be a cool idea?
It would require a bit of effort... However the people who run the arcade can in fact program your custom Taiko Dojo card just as easily as giving you a new Zone X card. You would just have to bribe them. katHa
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:36 pm

Giazenshia wrote:Makio, if you don't really mind, can you send me the image of the card? I can print it by myself in case I run out of them sooner or later. If you use photoshop, send me the .psd since it'll be easier to edit a little (keep the layers intact please?)

*Raise hand*
Me want it. I wanna paste on my ez link card. Haha~
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:05 am

Great, I would like Pyrozz's design as seen above on my eAmusement Pass and ez-link... just that I need to ask him first and help to edit info.

And I don't mind having my own design on ez-link too, if its not too troublesome~
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:11 am

Some photo previews of the Taiko namecard in action:

Taiko namecard revamped! - Page 2 DVC00008

"Welcome to TaikoDojo, fellow Taiko-er"

Taiko namecard revamped! - Page 2 DVC00007

"Come join us. Here's my card"

Taiko namecard revamped! - Page 2 DVC00006

"It's almost the same size! OMG~"

LOL apologize for the picture quality. Taken using my NTT Docomo SH905i.
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:16 am

Ok, I'm going to do a trial run on printing it for TapZ card.

I'll print one for Yuu, one for Makio and one for Mitsurugi and two for myself. The paper should be filled by then... "Orders closed"

Like I said, stick them on the TapZ card first. Cause you can't remove it easily after sticking. I believe most of us don't like our TapZ card design as well. I'll print a design larger than normal, and when you guys paste them in, just take a penknife and trim the excess away. And yes, they will last VERY long, at least a few years because of the lamination and coating.

And nice size LOL.
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by jenny_amh Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:58 am

makio.. u do 1 card for me..

Name : Jenny AMH
Email : amh281088@hotmail.com

thx~~
jenny_amh
jenny_amh
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by hayatekazama Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:15 pm

Giazenshia wrote:Ok, I'm going to do a trial run on printing it for TapZ card.

I'll print one for Yuu, one for Makio and one for Mitsurugi and two for myself. The paper should be filled by then... "Orders closed"

Like I said, stick them on the TapZ card first. Cause you can't remove it easily after sticking. I believe most of us don't like our TapZ card design as well. I'll print a design larger than normal, and when you guys paste them in, just take a penknife and trim the excess away. And yes, they will last VERY long, at least a few years because of the lamination and coating.

And nice size LOL.

I want anime on my tapz card.. XDDDD
hayatekazama
hayatekazama
駆けだし
駆けだし

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next