Taiko Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taiko namecard revamped!

+13
PegaKok
adri
jenny_amh
mitsurugi
wreako24
Rubyrain
まきお
Zenova
yuu_yuki
Kozue
ongchinkai
hayatekazama
Giazenshia
17 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Taiko namecard revamped! Empty Taiko namecard revamped!

Post by Giazenshia Fri May 29, 2009 12:29 am

Since, some of our topics happens to be on the Taiko namecard and SOMEONE...was hinting that I do it... (You know who you are LOL)

So, since I got some spare time (well it was supposed to be my exams tomorrow but, who cares)

If you got other designs, go ahead and post.

Made from photoshop, edited somehow, and the results :

Taiko namecard revamped! Taikocard

You see blanks? For you to fill in your particulars.

*This picture has been re-sized. The original picture is with me. I also have the PSD file. The actual measurement is exactly the same size as your TapZ/Ez-link card etc.*

Comments?
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Taiko namecard revamped! Empty Re: Taiko namecard revamped!

Post by hayatekazama Fri May 29, 2009 12:38 am

I noe who that someone is.. LOL!!
I find it very colorful but should be ok??
hayatekazama
hayatekazama
駆けだし
駆けだし

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Fri May 29, 2009 12:46 am

It's normal...for Taiko.

At least it looks pleasing to the eye, and it's not like we're giving it for business wise. More or less instead of going you want join taikodojo? Please visit www(dot)taikodojo(dot)net. Just give them the card.

Hassle free, and we get to look "professional".
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Fri May 29, 2009 12:56 am

LOL, the mechadon in the middle, hahaha~

It's very cute, I'd say. Very Happy
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozue Fri May 29, 2009 1:26 am

thumbs up!!

the picture got the 'Come and join us!!' feel..
Kozue
Kozue
素人
素人

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Fri May 29, 2009 1:27 am

Giazenshia wrote:Since, some of our topics happens to be on the Taiko namecard and SOMEONE...was hinting that I do it... (You know who you are LOL)

So, since I got some spare time (well it was supposed to be my exams tomorrow but, who cares)

If you got other designs, go ahead and post.

Made from photoshop, edited somehow, and the results :

Taiko namecard revamped! Taikocard

You see blanks? For you to fill in your particulars.

*This picture has been re-sized. The original picture is with me. I also have the PSD file. The actual measurement is exactly the same size as your TapZ/Ez-link card etc.*

Comments?

Lolz, it's damn cute sia!! I want it to be on my ez link card!!
xD
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenova Fri May 29, 2009 1:31 am

lol i think that looks quite nice =p and other then giving it to ppl to intro them, also can paste THIS on the machine XD then more ppl will know bout dojo

Zenova
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Fri May 29, 2009 8:04 am

OMG no I think this may not do. The purpose of the card is to expand the dojo to members of the public and game company managers. The card has to be simple looking yet attractive. This design is good, but it's taken from someone's artwork. People will obviously know that the design is copied from someone's artwork. Try not to use too many pictures for a start.

If you want to know what are the details of the business card, it's posted on Kozue's self-intro thread. You can click here to view.
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Fri May 29, 2009 10:43 am

I can edit the background a little, so that instead of showing the full colour, it'll be somehow transparent. Around 30% percent will do, to give that "faint" look.

I believe this would only work best on players. Don't think players would want something damn boring and simple. They'll rather keep a colourful card than a plain card.

But however there is always a con. These are not meant to be given to people like the Arcadia staffs and during formal meetings.

Can anyone draw? I'll love it if you can draw a rough charcoal sketch and I can compile and edit to make it nice.

I have namecards which are VERY well designed by people themselves. I have one with me somewhere, which is from one of the members of CDS (A doujin group). Their designs wow me even though it is complicated.

I need to take photoshop courses. -.-". I can't do glowing, which is bad.
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Fri May 29, 2009 10:23 pm

Giazenshia wrote:I can edit the background a little, so that instead of showing the full colour, it'll be somehow transparent. Around 30% percent will do, to give that "faint" look.

I believe this would only work best on players. Don't think players would want something damn boring and simple. They'll rather keep a colourful card than a plain card.

But however there is always a con. These are not meant to be given to people like the Arcadia staffs and during formal meetings.

Can anyone draw? I'll love it if you can draw a rough charcoal sketch and I can compile and edit to make it nice.

I have namecards which are VERY well designed by people themselves. I have one with me somewhere, which is from one of the members of CDS (A doujin group). Their designs wow me even though it is complicated.

Do you mean something like this type of glowing effect?
I did this by using macromedia fireworks.
https://i.servimg.com/u/f88/13/08/69/34/yuu_ta10.gif
Taiko namecard revamped! Yuu_ta10
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Fri May 29, 2009 11:22 pm

Passive glow. My friend did it by controlling the saturation and used a light function. I can't seem to follow correctly as my glow are inconsistent. I only want one certain part to glow but I ended up making everything glow or I can't control the area. I need a tablet/bamboo seriously if I need to progress even more.

I'm never fit to do photoshop. I always want to stop, but my passion for making Anime siggys are driving me. Well, I took some basic photoshop courses in school (forced to, because out of all, I'm the only capable one with knowledge on computers. How did someone who specialize in hardware can be "capable" of doing graphic design when my art is like F9 lol...).

Refer to my old siggy... See the background... Look at the green colour, they seem to be passively "glowing" near the middle. Well, it was my friend who helped me do the glow. My glow is like cmi...more of "dulling".
Taiko namecard revamped! Giazenshia

So well, if anyone wants to edit the current picture on the first post, tell me in MSN and I'll be glad to send the .psd (if you have photoshop) or whatever picture formats you want.
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Sat May 30, 2009 12:23 am

Giazenshia wrote:Passive glow. My friend did it by controlling the saturation and used a light function. I can't seem to follow correctly as my glow are inconsistent. I only want one certain part to glow but I ended up making everything glow or I can't control the area. I need a tablet/bamboo seriously if I need to progress even more.

I'm never fit to do photoshop. I always want to stop, but my passion for making Anime siggys are driving me. Well, I took some basic photoshop courses in school (forced to, because out of all, I'm the only capable one with knowledge on computers. How did someone who specialize in hardware can be "capable" of doing graphic design when my art is like F9 lol...).

Refer to my old siggy... See the background... Look at the green colour, they seem to be passively "glowing" near the middle. Well, it was my friend who helped me do the glow. My glow is like cmi...more of "dulling".
Taiko namecard revamped! Giazenshia

So well, if anyone wants to edit the current picture on the first post, tell me in MSN and I'll be glad to send the .psd (if you have photoshop) or whatever picture formats you want.

Eh?? That one in your green siggy is glowing?? o.O
I can't really see the glow sia.. lolz~ xD
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Sat May 30, 2009 12:49 am

Passive glow. Not an animation. I still don't know how to make moving animations yet.

Just done by altering the saturation, lighting around it and some things which I forgot.
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Sat May 30, 2009 12:15 pm

Giazenshia wrote:I can edit the background a little, so that instead of showing the full colour, it'll be somehow transparent. Around 30% percent will do, to give that "faint" look.

Erm, actually they ARE meant for people like Arcadia staffs and formal meetings too, as well as members of the public and potential players. I received namecards too, and it feels bad if I don't give a TaikoDojo namecard in return.
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Sun May 31, 2009 6:35 pm

eh.. honestly speaking... i wouldn't be embarrassed to gif such a namecard to others. i'm not a business person or anything; i'm just a girl who likes to play taiko and hopes to spread this liking to others and if i can do it in a fun and different-from-normal way, why not?

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Sun May 31, 2009 11:18 pm

Rubyrain wrote:eh.. honestly speaking... i wouldn't be embarrassed to gif such a namecard to others. i'm not a business person or anything; i'm just a girl who likes to play taiko and hopes to spread this liking to others and if i can do it in a fun and different-from-normal way, why not?

LOL let's be different then. Personally, I feel that its not like we're doing formal business with clients or major companies using the namecard; more of like we want to promote our forum to many potential players who likes Taiko. We always carry pen and paper around to spread our forum to new members whom we discover on the spot, but that shall be a thing of the past. With this namecard, we can just give it to them so that it looks professional and saves the hassle of writing too. We play Taiko for fun, and we want to spread the love of the game to many people across Singapore using the Taiko namecard. This way, we can really expand TaikoDojo across Singapore and maybe one day, around the world too.

I've managed to complete a design for the card. Basically, this is my impression of how a Taiko namecard should look like and what basic info should it contain, as well as other personal optional info. And here it is.

Taiko namecard revamped! Tkdjcard

The concept of the card has the similar appearance to the forum's web layout to make it look original in front of people's eyes. The name of the member, position and the forum web URL has the glowing effect. The yellow text are personal info which you can choose not to include them on your own namecard if you want to. Simple yet attractive, and it doesn't use much of other people's work in it. Just simply present the card to a potential new player and straight away he/she should know where to go to XD

And yeah, to be equal to everybody in this forum regardless of skills or whatsoever. everyone in this forum will be known as "TaikoDojo Member", except for Yuu, who started this forum and run all the administrative stuffs here, and also CK, who has been organizing and running most of the TaikoDojo events and competitions. They will be given different positions related to those mentioned above.

Let me know what you guys think about it. Thanks.
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by wreako24 Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:15 am

This is great makio!(:
wreako24
wreako24
素人
素人

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenova Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:39 am

lol i think it's fine =p but some ppl may not want to put hp no. cuz it's a bit personal ><

Zenova
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:45 am

To say the truth, it's a really good concept, however, i won't even put in my personal details like handphone number, msn, nor whichever personal information, even though i run this forum. Unless it's business, i won't mind passing my personal info to companies like Arcadia, but if it's just inviting members to dojo, i don't see the need to hand out personal information.

Though giving out namecards are cool, people may throw away after we turn our back though. haha, so waste money to print as well. Nevertheless, i can say it's a great concept. Razz
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:51 am

I am still in favour of simple B&W flyers. Cheaper to print en-masse too.

But that's just me. I still think that the name-card idea is interesting.
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:29 am

Looks nice. Yes. I don't mind putting my e-mail, but contact number is a no-no for me.

I don't wanna get hogged over the phone... Moreover, I don't use my phone often unless I go out.
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:18 pm

If everyone agrees with this design, then I shall start printing a few samples and see if the namecard idea works on inviting new members, giving away to game companies, etc. This will be our first beta phase of the namecard.
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:22 pm

I don't mind, but let's see what the other thinks...

I don't mind putting my contact number actually. But it'll be better if we want to give these cards to the arcade management, since it'll be easier for them to contact us rather than to send e-mails.
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by hayatekazama Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:56 pm

I dont mind.. looks cool XD I say we start printing!
hayatekazama
hayatekazama
駆けだし
駆けだし

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:13 am

Printing in progress...

EDIT: For those who wants one, let me know what name would you like to appear on the card. And let me know if you want personal info (the ones in yellow) to be included or not.
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next