Taiko Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taiko clinic

+4
Zenova
ongchinkai
HareHareYukai
Resdel
8 posters

Go down

Taiko clinic Empty Taiko clinic

Post by Resdel Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:57 pm

I have seen this forum have introduce yourself, achievement corner, ranting corner and taiko gatherings things like that.
I was wandering whether this post may attract people. I mean there are always many people in this forum who says this song I cannot pass, that song I cannot pass due to the fact, blah blah blah... Well, I think this might be the best place to solve this problem: Mainly as a place to throw a problem regarding to the songs of certain taiko rhythm pattern at different levels. All futsuu, muzukashii and oni questions are welcome.

Some things to note though: Although everyone may not be pro playing certain songs, if they can come out with any good ideas, feel free to contribute. Advice need not be necessary coming from experts. Remember, getting the solution is one idea, trying / keep practising is another. So, if you have the idea for the solution but have no intention to apply it or try playing the song, it is quite pointless. This post is mainly to help people to pass the songs they have difficulty with, but if anyone can FC a certain song with the advices, good for you.

This post should minimise contents like scores, song FCs and achievements. Ranting should go back to ranting corner. Everybody can learn from each other how certain songs are played in order to pass. I really hope this post can stay successful in the future. If need arises, classify the post by making sub-directories inside. More neat. Also, if anyone has a certain problem passing the song but really don't know the reason, they can air it out too. Maybe we can then organise gatherings and help those people with the problems to try to pass the song. Like BLYX says, everyone has a certain starting point, so don't jump too far too soon! Anyone can begin the post.

Resdel
見習い
見習い

Back to top Go down

Taiko clinic Empty My Challenge

Post by HareHareYukai Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:44 am

Res since you already mentioned my name in there i shall take the honour of posting the first problem then.

My problem is:
Passing Kitasaitama2000.
10*/Oni Mode/ Song No.114/114 in Difficulty Classification

The Problem Arises:
I can manage the start all the way to the start of the go-go section.

1: The problem is in the go-go section, and finding a way to clear that spam of notes.
2: Doing ddkdkdddddkddddkdd at a VERY fast pace.
3: Doing kdkddkdkddkdkddkdkddkdkddkdkddkd..kdD at a pace similar to point 2.
4: Repetition of go-go section again. if this is not solved = cant pass.

After that its just a stamina thing to decide whether i can pass the last part which is i think still readable so can be done. It's just these main points.

Things already tried:
Spam. << NO WAY
Ask two ppl to switch in at different parts. (gepi takes the part before go-go section so i get to conserve energy) No point. makes it messier and no rhythm+not own achievement
Replaying it for 30-40 times+ now le. Still haven't pass. Closest was by 4 bars, approx one month ago.
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Taiko clinic Empty Re: Taiko clinic

Post by ongchinkai Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:35 am

I think this thread is kinda relevant so let's move it to the community section?

Problem: Passing "Flight of the Bumblebee"

I have a problem with maintaining my rhythm over long strings, especially strings of doubles. For instance, the one right at the beginning...I can see that it's doubles all the way, and I can manage the first chunk, but my rhythm will go haywire easily.

Also, big problem with those parts where they mix odd number of beats in with the doubles, like:
measure #30: kkdddkddkkkkddk;
the part from the later half of measure #37 until the end of measure #39
the later half of measure #49

Any advice?
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by HareHareYukai Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:40 pm

advice: play more and you'll get it. LoL. make your hands more active and dont stick to a certain method of hitting those cuz very often you'll have to use the other hand to do the same pattern, depending on the initiating hand.
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenova Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:01 pm

HareHareYukai wrote:Res since you already mentioned my name in there i shall take the honour of posting the first problem then.

My problem is:
Passing Kitasaitama2000.
10*/Oni Mode/ Song No.114/114 in Difficulty Classification

The Problem Arises:
I can manage the start all the way to the start of the go-go section.

1: The problem is in the go-go section, and finding a way to clear that spam of notes.
2: Doing ddkdkdddddkddddkdd at a VERY fast pace.
3: Doing kdkddkdkddkdkddkdkddkdkddkdkddkd..kdD at a pace similar to point 2.
4: Repetition of go-go section again. if this is not solved = cant pass.

After that its just a stamina thing to decide whether i can pass the last part which is i think still readable so can be done. It's just these main points.

Things already tried:
Spam. << NO WAY
Ask two ppl to switch in at different parts. (gepi takes the part before go-go section so i get to conserve energy) No point. makes it messier and no rhythm+not own achievement
Replaying it for 30-40 times+ now le. Still haven't pass. Closest was by 4 bars, approx one month ago.

Although I'm in no position to comment cuz I'm much noober than u =[ but I do have a suggestion. It's what I think will work cuz it worked for some taiko stuff and also for audition songs.

When there are songs like this you can't pass... well, the first method is through pure training which blyx has already said, spamming doesn't work. So one has to do it constructively.

I'll put it into the 3 level method:

Level 1: If it is a matter of READING: then two ways, either go by pure training till your sight reading is at that level, or go by memory first and slowly let your mind memorize more stuff.

Level 2: If it's a matter of TECHNIQUE: for example seeing smth like O-X-O-O-X-O-O-X-O-O-O-X or smth and being able to know what you're suppose to play but not being able to get the handing in time (left and right hands) then pause at certain parts and work out the stickings (L-R-L-R-L-R-L-R should be decent, and coordinate that to O-X-O-O-X-O-O-X) if need me explain more, can ask me Razz cuz you guys probably might not understand this one

Level 3: This one is a killer and can't do much bout it. If it's a matter of PHYSICAL LIMITS, then you've got to train Crying or Very sad like if you can read and your stickings are fine, but your hands cannot catch up, then you've got trouble. Just train till your hands have enough physical capabilities.

If no one understood a single word, then I'll try to explain again >< blyx i'll explain properly in sch if u need me to

Zenova
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenova Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:04 pm

ongchinkai wrote:I think this thread is kinda relevant so let's move it to the community section?

Problem: Passing "Flight of the Bumblebee"

I have a problem with maintaining my rhythm over long strings, especially strings of doubles. For instance, the one right at the beginning...I can see that it's doubles all the way, and I can manage the first chunk, but my rhythm will go haywire easily.

Also, big problem with those parts where they mix odd number of beats in with the doubles, like:
measure #30: kkdddkddkkkkddk;
the part from the later half of measure #37 until the end of measure #39
the later half of measure #49

Any advice?

lol this one i got experience so i know. This one is just pure sight reading >< sry to tell ya. Means referring to the 3-step levels, you either got to get your sight reading power up or memorize by watching youtube ><""

btw for koibumi (this one i definitely know) i think sight reading isn't much of a prob cuz most of it is very readable. The problem might be technique or physical limits but it doesn't require much compared to kita so it should be okay. For any hard parts just memorize cuz there aren't much.

Zenova
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:12 pm

My main problem right now is Koibumi2000

How can I attain these set of notes after the rolling part:

Taiko clinic Koibumi1

...instead of these difficult set of notes:

Taiko clinic Koibumi2

I heard its got something to do with the number of times we roll on the rolling part. Anyone can help? Thanks.
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenova Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:46 pm

o.0 how come got liddat de... never heard of it leh. Everytime I play is always the first set de... ???

Zenova
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by gepi Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:03 pm

it depends on the accuracy of your front part. after the dkdkd spamming. around the ddd ddd d d d d part. I think. because I kept encountering the second part when I started playing koibumi. but in retrospect, the second part is easier for me lah. because I am hardly able to do ddddkkkkddddkkkk without breaking. and when I break, I stun. and when I stun, my bar drops.
gepi
gepi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice_ Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:37 pm

まきお wrote:My main problem right now is Koibumi2000

Taiko clinic Koibumi1

Taiko clinic Koibumi2

I heard its got something to do with the number of times we roll on the rolling part. Anyone can help? Thanks.

it has nothing to do wif the rolling times...that only apply to other songs, eg hyakkaryouran, kurofune raikou, taiko ranbo, or some others.....those type of songs will have a drum roll right on the start on the song, dun hit = 普通譜面, hit once = 玄人譜面, hit more than once = 達人譜面...

generally for this song....it depends on either ur accuracy or ur performance for the part before they start spliting the song to different versions....if u did super badly....go the 普通譜面 (grey area), if u did average go the 玄人譜面 (blue area), if u did quite well will go the 達人譜面 (purple area).....its something like that, i nt that sure......it should have something to do with the amount of 良 as well...
Ice_
Ice_
駆けだし
駆けだし

Back to top Go down

Post by fluorescence Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:43 am

Taiko clinic Koibumi1

Taiko clinic Koibumi2

for me if i do badly i would get the harder string if i do better i would get the easier one as in no of misses before that particular part
fluorescence
fluorescence
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice_ Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:55 am

fluorescence wrote:

Taiko clinic Koibumi1

Taiko clinic Koibumi2

for me if i do badly i would get the harder string if i do better i would get the easier one as in no of misses before that particular part

ya...cause if u do better will get the purple area notes....which is the D K D K D K ......
Ice_
Ice_
駆けだし
駆けだし

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:10 pm

So it's like a reward for doing well previously? Shocked

Anyway now my question is how to pass Fantasie Impromptu. I feel like I can do it, but I've only managed one pass today...I have not much problem with the long strings (kinda like I'm Mecha, which I FC-ed before), but the frequent change in rhythm is a bit disorienting.

How do I get over that?
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by gepi Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:32 pm

which is the part that you can't get? playing I'm mecha helps a lot.
gepi
gepi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:27 pm

My make-or-break part is from 47.5 to 56.
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by fluorescence Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:28 pm

for me its just to play the song more to get used to the rhythm of the song and especially the long streams if you get the stream its very easy to pass already as the stream is during go-go section so more points and ive seen you play before sure can pass after a few more tries Smile

Btw can anyone give any advice for the second half of soroban ? i can see anything haha all i do is hit on impulse ? Does memorising help .. < last resort though
fluorescence
fluorescence
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenova Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:53 pm

fluorescence wrote:for me its just to play the song more to get used to the rhythm of the song and especially the long streams if you get the stream its very easy to pass already as the stream is during go-go section so more points and ive seen you play before sure can pass after a few more tries Smile

Btw can anyone give any advice for the second half of soroban ? i can see anything haha all i do is hit on impulse ? Does memorising help .. < last resort though

lol i think memorizing will help but soroban mostly I use sight reading cuz it's not a really a set pattern so I can't memorize it >_<" lol second half is really fast so missing is quite normal XD first part I just try not to miss so can get score based on longer combo... soroban was my LAST 10* I passed >< but now it's quite stable le =p

Zenova
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down