Taiko Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Discussion] Taiko Competition

5 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

[Discussion] Taiko Competition - Page 4 Empty Re: [Discussion] Taiko Competition

Post by yuu_yuki Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:08 am

I believe different people has different opinions.
These are my views in comparison to what BLYX had stated:

1. 999note/888note/777note songs, which might not be too hard
These may not be hard to you alone, but that doesn't mean it's not hard to the rest.
Don't forget that most people in Singapore are NOT at your level. Your statement just condemn them and makes you solely at an advantage

as opposed to higher difficulty, less notes(sakuranbo, with only 300+ notes.)
Again, the stars beneath each song are not for show. They roughly give the player an idea about how hard the song is. Yes, it's less notes but it's higher stars then the 777 notes. Therefore, i suggest that higher stars should have a slightly higher scoring in the competition, which should be discussed again.

2. compulsory songs VS self-selected songs
2a.From 2: Weightage of compulsory vs. self-selected songs? 1:2 ratio? is it fair?
Compulsory ones, nonetheless, i feel it should be of higher weightage like what you brought up.

2b. From 2: ( how to choose compulsory songs)
I would rather it to be random kind of song instead. Since choosing compulsory songs are quite problematic. If anyone knows before hand the compulsory songs, they can just go pump those songs. So what's the point?

2c: From 2b: (compulsory songs from one difficulty level or differing ones)
Refer to 2b

3. Random luck songs: is it fair?
Why not? This can show how well that person is, isn't that what you wanted?
Besides, it's just one of the components.

4. Liang % or no. of liangs?
As you had mentioned in the previous posts, Liang % is not fair, considering the 100% liang in easy mode to ekiben2000.
Since % of liang is not fair, than a more fair method will be the # of liangs.

4a.If no. of liangs : link back to point 1.
Once again, those songs which may not be hard to you, may not otherwise the same case for the rest. People can pass the 777 notes but doesn't mean they can pass Sakuranbo with flying colors. In addition, if both the number of liangs and the percentage of liang can't work out, then what do you suggest?? =)

4b. From 4a: Is stamina and concentration the only skill tested if no. of liangs is the criteria? Is this qualified as the only skill needed?
As i've said, stamina and concentration is one of the skills. Meaning, there are other skills tested as well, not just stamina and conentration.

4c.(from 4)If % of liang, anpanman 2* vs ekiben 10*.[/quote]
Refer to 4
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

[Discussion] Taiko Competition - Page 4 Empty Re: [Discussion] Taiko Competition

Post by ongchinkai Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:51 pm

Alright so I'm sure based on this everyone has a rough idea of the pros and cons of each format, ya?

Please take note of these and bring these up during the meeting, whenever that is.
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by HareHareYukai Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:53 pm

@ yuu's evaluation of my points summarised:

Just one general point to remake, the rest can discuss when meet up.
It's that, even though stamina and concentration is a skill involved, then compare it to ekiben2000 or something, or even tenjiku2000. In my opinion those require EVEN more stamina. but the notes are fewer than kurenai(999note). To add to this scenario, Kurenai has a very steady and consistent rhydom in the whole song, giving another advantage as opposed to ekiben's more complex nature, in both speed and technic.

And i am not condemning anyone or giving them an unfair advantage and giving myself an edge by doing this.

To elaborate on another weakness, as brought up earlier, look at tenjiku2000. I dont think its easier than kurenai/888note or densetsumatsuri. less notes still. and you need much more stamina based on the fact that you have to hit at an extremely fast pace. you get split-second dddk dddk's as well as kkkdkkdd. If we allow the 999note etc. be allowed on comparison with such songs, along with the no. of total liangs criteria, ppl who play tenjiku etc will be disadvantaged. Since i will not be participating, as you all have said(me and yuu not allowed), im not advantaging myself by doing this.

I do not agree that opposing the 999note song advantages myself and disadvantages others. Instead, the 999note song disadvantages others who have abilities in other areas. Stamina and concentration shouldn't be the only factor to judge upon.
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by HareHareYukai Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:56 pm

eh yes and from yuu's post, indeed stamina and concentration isnt the only skill tested. in that case, the criteria will need changes, or other things have to be modified to ensure this.
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:41 am

Blyx, as i've mentioned before, like for umpteen times that NOT many people right now in Singapore are able to play those high end songs in oni. Specifically, those 10stars Oni songs.

And it's pointless to debate over this forum. All of us here should sit down and discuss these one of these days in dec.
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:05 am

No need to get so worked up over this, IMO. There's still time to sit down and iron out the details, so no problems here! Very Happy
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by fuuyue Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:19 pm

a meeting is in order!

wahahahahahha!.

blyx, when will u be free? aft mid nov?
chinkai leh?
fuuyue
fuuyue
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:45 pm

Anytime after Dec 7 (my JLPT exam date) is safest. Very Happy
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4