Taiko Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

July Chalet

+9
adri
Suki
まきお
yuu_yuki
Rubyrain
mariochua
mitsurugi
Giazenshia
Kyon
13 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

July Chalet - Page 3 Empty Re: July Chalet

Post by Rubyrain Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:30 pm

I think 2 nites is enuf ba. Personally i think checking out on the 4th, we'll be too tired to go anywhere liao, so each of u just bring ur cosplay stuffs and go on home to rest lor.

@Yuu: I also not confirm staying. Haha. I will come on Friday nite. Don't intend to take any leave for this chalet.

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:25 pm

Erm, you know, that's not really a nice thing to say, especially to those who really wants to go for the event on both 3rd and 4th XDD
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyon Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:00 pm

ps to all ~ my com has been spolit for afew day while just now then able to use com

ps: u all might nt seeing my online recently due to my com >D

Makio: hmmm, for my doesnt matter where isit anyway, as long as we are able to enjoy at chalet there its more impt ^^.
Are u able to get the special rate?? if yes Garden Terrace shld be okay & do help me check out on the bbq price rate as well.
*of cuz i will suggest the cheapest one as our taiko community nt much ppl anyway~*

Ruby: i dun suggest Aranda Country Club for us.*the price rate is too high le, nt everyone will wan it*

For people who gt cosplay: i gt another chalet which is till monday, so for those hu are cosplaying at sunday one, after book out on that chalet u all can put the thing at my another chalet.

& Yes!! the chalet is booking out fast, so i need you guys to settle this fast fast as well~ makio & yuu help mi settle out here, i nwdays cannot get into here

Kyon
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:43 am

まきお wrote:Erm, you know, that's not really a nice thing to say, especially to those who really wants to go for the event on both 3rd and 4th XDD

But then if you book three nites, chances are, no one's going to stay on sunday nite because we all have school/work the next day, so its kind of a waste of money. I understand you guys wan to have a place to put your stuff so that you can go enjoy yourselves at the event on BOTH days, but you also have to think of the rest of us who aren't there for the cosplay.

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:34 pm

Freaking bad news...

My 3rd of July is one of the date that I may be called back for Project Assessment... If it happens on the date, I'll still come to stay overnight, but of course, I'll be coming late afternoon on Saturday...
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:01 am

@Zabor,
I mean you're not even staying on the friday night, saturday night?
I don't intend to take leave for this chalet too. So i'll won't be staying on friday night + saturday night if there's no other zabor.

@Kyon,
Let's just let makio settle this for us. I'll just pop by only. haha
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:53 pm

Erm, I'd like to help out as much as everyone does, but I'm quite a busy person myself; at most I can do for now is source out for great chalet prices and probably handle the booking too? As for BBQ and programmme-wise, perhaps you guys can handle it?

As for me, I've got like no choice but to use like one or two days leave for this chalet, since both 3rd and 4th fall on my working day. I never intend to take leave for Cosfest but for the sake of the chalet, looks like I have to ><

But then again its pointless too if we were to book the chalet but only like 2 or 4 people can stay overnight?

So guys... How about being a little bit more sporting here... lol XD

PS. Kyon, when you see this, do PM, call or SMS me... need to discuss something with you
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:42 pm

@Zabor,
Yue's coming and she's taking leave for the July Chalet.
And about the BBQ, how about the few of us regulars go settle the BBQ food?
(eg, you, yue, sky, me, etc etc)

Someone has to help out as well.
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:43 pm

BBQ if u wan convenience, call the wholesalers. Like last time. Easy and not really that ex. No need to marinate things on our own and confirm halal. We can just order the basic chicken wings and otah/satay all that. Other stuffs we can go giant/ntuc to find offers.

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:37 pm

Rubyrain wrote:BBQ if u wan convenience, call the wholesalers. Like last time. Easy and not really that ex. No need to marinate things on our own and confirm halal. We can just order the basic chicken wings and otah/satay all that. Other stuffs we can go giant/ntuc to find offers.

That time you call which wholesaler?
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:46 pm

@Makio,
Do inform us about the venue you book and when you book the garden terrace. Cos' i'll be posting up invitations if you finalized your booking. ^-^

And zabor never answer my above question.. *sad and emo one corner draw kapibara*
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:11 pm

Today's the deadline and I seem to see lack of responses tho
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:15 am

Okay, yesterday was the deadline set for responses to the chalet and based on the above few posts, it looks like we only have a few confirmed people for now. And here they are:

1. Kyon
2. まきお
3. mitsurugi
4. yuu_yuki
5. Giazenshia
6. Rubyrain
7. fuuyue
8. hayatekazama
9. mysts85
10. xiaohui
11. simin

Anyone else whom you know is going but whose name is not mentioned above, please let me know so that I will add them. For now, this seems to be the total number of people of people going. And the total no. of people also determines the cost as well. So for those who haven't confirm yet, there's ample time to make yourself free these 2nd, 3rd, 4th or maybe 5th. Those who have to take leave, please do so. I believe some of us have to use our leave for the chalet, so please be sporting enough to use at least one or two days. XDD

I shall extend the deadline again till the 5th of April, after which the list will be finalized!

Based on the number of people coming, its time I set the fees for everyone to contribute to the chalet. So for now, the fees will be as follows:

1 day stay: $40.00++
2 day stay: $42.00++
3 day stay: $46.00++ (IF there is a 3rd day, depends on majority)

Primary/secondary students: $30++ (1 day) $32 (2 days) $35 (3 days, if any)

Price above is based on last year's chalet experience. Price may be reduced if more people can join in the chalet. If you noticed, the price difference between 1 day and 2 day stay is just a small difference. Reason being is because this is to discourage one night stay only, and also to discourage not staying overnight.

Shall be collecting the funds soon. Pass the money to me latest by 1st June. Should be more than enough time for everyone to save up, especially those who are not working and only getting pocket money from their parents..

After a quick discussion with Kyon, it seems that we come to a mutual agreement that we can also bring our non-TKDJ friends too, as long as they contribute too and abide by these rules here, which applies to everyone.

1. No flaming of each other's skills or ability ( be it gaming, cosplay, etc)
2. NO PORK or BEEF. Please respect others around you
3. NO SMOKING inside the chalet. Be considerate to non smokers (I know all of us don't smoke, but for those who bringing friennds who does, this applies to them)
4. Alcohol and liquor is fine, but NO SHARING of such stuffs to minors, and no mixing of alcohol in food. Reason applies to No 2 as well.
5. Be responsible for your own actions.

Btw, for the wholesaler called last year, is it this one?

http://www.bbqwholesale.com/index.php?lang=EN

Last edited by まきお on Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsurugi Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:24 am

まきお wrote:Okay, yesterday was the deadline set for responses to the chalet and based on the above few posts, it looks like we only have a few confirmed people for now. And here they are:

1. Kyon
2. まきお
3. mitsurugi
4. yuu_yuki
5. Giazenshia
6. Rubyrain
7. fuuyue

Anyone else whom you know is going but whose name is not mentioned above, please let me know so that I will add them. For now, this seems to be the total number of people of people going. And the total no. of people also determines the cost as well. So for those who haven't confirm yet, there's ample time to make yourself free these 2nd, 3rd, 4th or maybe 5th. Those who have to take leave, please do so. I believe some of us have to use our leave for the chalet, so please be sporting enough to use at least one or two days. XDD

I shall extend the deadline again till the 5th of April, after which the list will be finalized!

Based on the number of people coming, its time I set the fees for everyone to contribute to the chalet. So for now, the fees will be as follows:

1 day stay: $40.00++
2 day stay: $42.00++
3 day stay: $46.00++ (IF there is a 3rd day, depends on majority)

Primary/secondary students: $30++ (1 day) $32 (2 days) $35 (3 days, if any)

Price above is based on last year's chalet experience. Price may be reduced if more people can join in the chalet. If you noticed, the price difference between 1 day and 2 day stay is just a small difference. Reason being is because this is to discourage one night stay only, and also to discourage not staying overnight.

Shall be collecting the funds soon. Pass the money to me latest by 1st June. Should be more than enough time for everyone to save up, especially those who are not working and only getting pocket money from their parents..

After a quick discussion with Kyon, it seems that we come to a mutual agreement that we can also bring our non-TKDJ friends too, as long as they contribute too and abide by these rules here, which applies to everyone.

1. No flaming of each other's skills or ability ( be it gaming, cosplay, etc)
2. NO PORK or BEEF. Please respect others around you
3. NO SMOKING inside the chalet. Be considerate to non smokers (I know all of us don't smoke, but for those who bringing friennds who does, this applies to them)
4. Alcohol and liquor is fine, but NO SHARING of such stuffs to minors, and no mixing of alcohol in food. Reason applies to No 2 as well.
5. Be responsible for your own actions.

Btw, for the wholesaler called last year, is it this one?

http://www.bbqwholesale.com/index.php?lang=EN

Hayate's going too Very Happy
I'll probably be going for 2 day stay... will pass on the third day
mitsurugi
mitsurugi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:28 am

***updated***
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:43 am

Will go no matter what, just that the number of days I will be staying there is subjected to change.

Two situations that I may enounter

1: Project assessment NOT on the week, I will be staying over for 2 days (Fri, Sat, Sun)

2. I have my project assessment on Friday/Sat, I will be coming over on Sat, late afternoon and staying overnight only for 1 day.\

Sadly, this is fixed by the school so I can't change, and it's also my FYP as well. I don't mind paying for 2 days in case also...
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:05 am

Count Simin and Xiaohui in too. They're going.

まきお wrote:Chalet rates.

Okayyy guys, listen up. I managed to find out the price of Aloha Loyang on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th of July. And since these three days falls on a weekend, they're considered peak period, so the price would be slightly higher than normal days. Still, its going to be much cheaper on these days compared to member of public rates on a normal day. So I'm going to list out the chalet types that you guys may prefer, depending on the number of people attending.

Prices in blue are normal member of public rates while prices in red are special rates!

Garden Terrace
- 2 air-conditioned bedrooms with 6 beds (2 single and 2 double-deck), wardrobes, dressers, bedside tables & wall fan, 2 toilets/bathrooms with shower heater
- Max 20 persons
- $200 ($75) per night

Garden Bungalows
- 4 bedrooms, 2 queen size beds, 4 single beds, 4 bedrooms with attached toilet cum bathroom, 1 common toilet cum bathroom
- Max 40 persons
- $420 ($140) per night

Pool Terrace
- 2 storeys, 4 bedrooms, 2 queen beds and 4 single beds, 4 attached bathroom cum toilet, 1 common toilet & bathroom
- Near to swimming pool and common facilities
- Max 40 persons
- $450 ($170) per night

Sea View Bungalows
- Same as Garden Bungalows
- $420 ($140) per night

Sea View Terrace
- Same as Pool Terrace
- $450 ($170) per night

And is the special rate for civil servant?
If so, then booking Garden Terrace will only cost $75 x3=$225.
So why must we must pay $40+ per pax?

Also, why must there be secondary school rates etc??
Just because they are in secondary school doesn't mean they're entitled to pay less in our internal TaikoDojo chalet outing. To me, i just feel to split equally despite of age, language, religion, sexuality, oni player, muzu player, futsuu player, kantan player or whatever it is.
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:59 am

yuu_yuki wrote:
Rubyrain wrote:BBQ if u wan convenience, call the wholesalers. Like last time. Easy and not really that ex. No need to marinate things on our own and confirm halal. We can just order the basic chicken wings and otah/satay all that. Other stuffs we can go giant/ntuc to find offers.

That time you call which wholesaler?

Hahaha ps these few days din check forum. Umm... i also forgot le. But there are a few standard ones like Ezb. U can go google for a few other webbies den compare price lor.

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:04 am

yuu_yuki wrote:Count Simin and Xiaohui in too. They're going.

まきお wrote:Chalet rates.

Okayyy guys, listen up. I managed to find out the price of Aloha Loyang on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th of July. And since these three days falls on a weekend, they're considered peak period, so the price would be slightly higher than normal days. Still, its going to be much cheaper on these days compared to member of public rates on a normal day. So I'm going to list out the chalet types that you guys may prefer, depending on the number of people attending.

Prices in blue are normal member of public rates while prices in red are special rates!

Garden Terrace
- 2 air-conditioned bedrooms with 6 beds (2 single and 2 double-deck), wardrobes, dressers, bedside tables & wall fan, 2 toilets/bathrooms with shower heater
- Max 20 persons
- $200 ($75) per night

Garden Bungalows
- 4 bedrooms, 2 queen size beds, 4 single beds, 4 bedrooms with attached toilet cum bathroom, 1 common toilet cum bathroom
- Max 40 persons
- $420 ($140) per night

Pool Terrace
- 2 storeys, 4 bedrooms, 2 queen beds and 4 single beds, 4 attached bathroom cum toilet, 1 common toilet & bathroom
- Near to swimming pool and common facilities
- Max 40 persons
- $450 ($170) per night

Sea View Bungalows
- Same as Garden Bungalows
- $420 ($140) per night

Sea View Terrace
- Same as Pool Terrace
- $450 ($170) per night

And is the special rate for civil servant?

Also, why must there be secondary school rates etc??
Just because they are in secondary school doesn't mean they're entitled to pay less in our internal TaikoDojo chalet outing. To me, i just feel to split equally despite of age, language, religion, sexuality, oni player, muzu player, futsuu player, kantan player or whatever it is.

Agree. I think to make things fair, let's standardise ONE price for everyone.

And is there really a need for the 3rd nite? How bout asking ard to see how many people would actually want to stay on sunday nite?

@Zabor: if simin and xh gg and staying den i stay too lor. friday i will come after work which is abt evening time.

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:02 pm

@MAKIO,

This is quote from someone:
I don't think its fair we have to pay extra just so they got space to put their stuff.

First off, I'm not there for cosplay.

2nd, kyon and mitsu alr say they can volunteer space at another chalet.

3rd, this is TKDJ chalet, not cosfest chalet. Its not reasonable to pay extra $75 just so they have a "warehouse". I know i like that say like very selfish, but cannot everything think for the cosplay ppl wad. if that's the case, they shld call this cosplay chalet and dun drag TKDJ in ma.

And to say the truth, I totally agree with this person.
I don't mind the extra space if you book Garden Terrace, but then, your pricing of 1 day stay: $40.00++; 2 day stay: $42.00++; 3 day stay: $46.00++ (IF there is a 3rd day, depends on majority) is really too much for me. And BBQ wasn't even included.

And if you go according to the special rates that you're entitled to ($75 per night), then i still don't understand why must we pay so much based on your calculations. Provided if, as of now, 8 people turning up, then taking your 2 days stay, that's equivalent to $42++ x8 =$336++

For me, i won't be staying till Monday because i can't keep taking leave. My leaves are for my exams and school. So, i'll only be going down on friday night, then going back on sunday morning or so cos' the few of us need to work on Monday. So i'm wondering if there's a need to pay extra day for those cosplay people since most of us not using. If they need it, then you can always share the extra night with them. =)
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:41 pm

Hi all,
It's great to see some responses and feedback from most of you regarding the chalet. I was really looking forward to them =)

Let me start off by justifying all doubts, suggestions and complaints which has been brought up.

yuu_yuki wrote:And is the special rate for civil servant?

yuu_yuki wrote:And to say the truth, I totally agree with this person.
I don't mind the extra space if you book Garden Terrace, but then, your pricing of 1 day stay: $40.00++; 2 day stay: $42.00++; 3 day stay: $46.00++ (IF there is a 3rd day, depends on majority) is really too much for me. And BBQ wasn't even included.

And if you go according to the special rates that you're entitled to ($75 per night), then i still don't understand why must we pay so much based on your calculations. Provided if, as of now, 8 people turning up, then taking your 2 days stay, that's equivalent to $42++ x8 =$336++

Yes, this is indeed the special rate I'm entitled to as a civil servant, compared to the normal $200 per night on a peak period. Just to make everyone not confused about the price, the $42 does include the cost of BBQ as well (Sorry, forgot to mention that in my last post ^^"). So let's say your total of $336 - $225 = $111, so we have $111 left to spend on BBQ. What can we buy for BBQ with $111? Plenty, perhaps.

As for how I come up with the price of $42, remember last year when we gave $25 at first and then we have to all fork out another $10 each? In total we paid like $35 or more, since we seem to buy more items during the BBQ itself last year. So that's how I came up with this sum based on last year's chalet experience =)

yuu_yuki wrote:Also, why must there be secondary school rates etc??

Rubyrain wrote:Agree. I think to make things fair, let's standardise ONE price for everyone.

I quite agree too that we should split the amount equally regardless of our status, but in this case, majority of us are working adults and thus we have the luxury of earning a good salary every month; while secondary school students have to rely on their daily pocket money given by their parents as their source of income. Thus, it's wise not to make the chalet price too expensive for them as it may be quite a burden for them. =)

But then again, if I am able to bring the price down to a rate where its affordable to all, then we shall all have a standardize rate. So do keep logging in to look out for any change in prices.

Rubyrain wrote:And is there really a need for the 3rd nite? How bout asking ard to see how many people would actually want to stay on sunday nite?

yuu_yuki wrote:For me, i won't be staying till Monday because i can't keep taking leave. My leaves are for my exams and school. So, i'll only be going down on friday night, then going back on sunday morning or so cos' the few of us need to work on Monday. So i'm wondering if there's a need to pay extra day for those cosplay people since most of us not using. If they need it, then you can always share the extra night with them. =)

Once again, let me emphasize that 3rd night (Sunday 4th July til Monday morning 5th July) will only be necessary depending of the majority who wants to continue staying over til the next day, if not then I shall help to book 2 nights only (Friday 2nd July til Sunday morning 4th July). And no I'm not forcing anyone to take leave if they urgently need to save them like what you mentioned for your case. But for those who can take leave and don't have the urgent need for them, I don't see why is it wrong for them not doing so.

And if there really is an extra night, only those who are staying that extra day only will pay more. Once again I have to mention that this extra night will commence only if there are really people who are interested in it, otherwise it shall not happen. I shall look into the price again for this one, but for all I know, the price difference for one night stay and two night stays will be only a small difference, reason being as mentioned in my previous post. =)

***btw the extra night period is for those who wants to go to Cosfest in the day and wants to keep unnecessary stuffs inside (eg extra clothes, shoes, BBQ utensils, etc.), as well as those who wants to continue enjoying themselves after the event till late. If a handful are interested for this, let me know ASAP, preferably by this coming 5th? If not, the chalet will commence only on the 2 nights mentioned.

I don't think its fair we have to pay extra just so they got space to put their stuff.

First off, I'm not there for cosplay.

May I know who posted this? XDD

But hey, it's Aloha Loyang we're going to, not Costa Sands where its so small and crampy. Space shall no longer be an issue here. And the price I'm entitled to is even more affordable. Why pay so much for a one room chalet when you are paying lesser for a chalet with lots of room and space? Hope you don't get yourself confused here XDD

2nd, kyon and mitsu alr say they can volunteer space at another chalet.

I'm also aware about this, where they will let some of us who are going to Cosfest on Sunday to keep our stuffs so that we don't have to carry them around all the time, but let me emphasize again that 3rd night is optional and only commence if any of you wants it. And if you are talking about some of us who are bringing cosplay stuffs to keep at the chalet, by all means please let them. Garden Terrace is quite still quite spacious, no need for Pool Terrace or Bungalows. Besides, not all TKDJ members are hardcore cosplayers, so I don't think there'll be lots of stuffs being brought in, other than all our own personal stuffs.

3rd, this is TKDJ chalet, not cosfest chalet. Its not reasonable to pay extra $75 just so they have a "warehouse". I know i like that say like very selfish, but cannot everything think for the cosplay ppl wad. if that's the case, they shld call this cosplay chalet and dun drag TKDJ in ma.

First of all, I have no intention of making our chalet a "warehouse" as you call it. And I'm also not stopping anyone from bringing in props or stuffs for Cosfest, but please don't take up too much space in the chalet. Maybe can limit yourself to one or two props? There will be lots of cosplay chalets around, be it at Aloha, Costa Sands or Aranda; hopefully you can find fellow friends there who can be kind enough to let you store excess props or costumes for you =)

No one is paying extra here, so don't worry too much about it. For now the two main prices of $40++ (1 night, inclusive of BBQ) and $42++ (2 nights, inclusive of BBQ) for everyone to contribute still stands. And depending on the final number of people attending as well as the total BBQ cost, there is a good possibility that I can reduce the price further, so do keep yourself updated here =)

And as what Kyon proposes in his first post of this thread, he wants to open this chalet to coincide with Cosfest and take it as a Taiko gathering for all, so don't take it that it's totally a Cosfest chalet. If the chalet coincides with Natsu Matsuri where most of us will be bringing our yukatas over, would you call it a Natsu Matsuri chalet too? XDD

I hope all doubts have been clarified and justified. I believe what Kyon, myself as well as all of us really wanted for this chalet is to have a fun gathering filled with activities and not just a resting place from Cosfest, as what many of you might think it is. So let's all look forward to this day =D

Right now I need help from everyone who helped with last year's chalet coz I really need to know these information for it can help me reduce the cost as much as possible, So yeah, help me out guys. Thanks^^

1. Are we shopping for our own BBQ food or order from a BBQ wholesale caterer?
2. BBQ for one night or both nights?
3. Total cost for BBQ?
4. Has the message regarding the chalet been fully relayed to those seldom online?
5. How many more members/friends coming to join?

Let me know asap... thanks =)

EDIT: Whew, I spent 2 whole hours typing this out ^^"
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:25 am

FYI I am a working adult but i don't think I'm earning a "luxurious" salary, because with the income also comes alot of other EXPENSES that secondary students DO NOT HAVE TO BARE. So it equals out. Besides, I know of students who's monthly "income" can equal to my salary, which says quite a lot for itself. Makio, no offense, but my company doesn't pay as well as the ICA. And for what i know, neither does the IMH. I can also understand why some of us would want to save our leave days for other occasions and that's something that other people can control.

And I think u misunderstood Yuu's point. She is saying that at the rate that you're entitled to, the total cost for 2 nights should only be $150. Divide that by the current 8 people, that's $18.75 each. Throw in BBQ money, I think the max any of us has to pay would only be $30, with perhaps maybe a few dollars difference for unexpected expenses. That's a far cry from a hefty $42 per person. be going unless something crops up for them.

Last year we forked out $25 + $10 per person, because our chalet cost abt $200+ for 2 nights and this was shared among only abt 15 people. The BBQ food was $100 plus, and NO ONE BROUGHT ANY STUFF so we had to buy extra items. Seeing as this year's chalet room is already so much cheaper, I would definitely expect to be paying lesser than that amount.

I'd also like to point out that you mentioned nothing about the 3rd night being optional, nor that only those who chose to opt for the 3rd night need pay for it. I was definitely pissed, because I don't see myself paying for an extra expense.

To answer your questions:

1. For food wise, most likely we will be catering for the main stuffs like chicken, satay, otah, etc. For other small/side items like maybe corn, hotdogs, crabmeat and stuff, we'll buy at NTUC. And since the cost for food is related to amount of people going, I'm estimating it to be between $10 to $15 per person per night, depending on how "good" you want to eat.

2. I suggest one night. The first night. Second night, perhaps we could order Pizza like the other time. The 2 for $19.90 promo should still be on.

3. Please refer to point 1. Although I think if you guys want BBQ to be for 2 nights, we can scrimp a little such that $20 per person should be enough.

4. I don't know about this, perhaps we could ask Yuu to create an event page on FB.

5. I fully expect the amount of people to increase. I do believe that some like Dex, Adri, Sky and a few more others will be coming. (Ricky, Boris, Calvin?)

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:04 am

Rubyrain wrote:FYI I am a working adult but i don't think I'm earning a "luxurious" salary, because with the income also comes alot of other EXPENSES that secondary students DO NOT HAVE TO BARE. So it equals out. Besides, I know of students who's monthly "income" can equal to my salary, which says quite a lot for itself. Makio, no offense, but my company doesn't pay as well as the ICA. And for what i know, neither does the IMH. I can also understand why some of us would want to save our leave days for other occasions and that's something that other people can control.

And I think u misunderstood Yuu's point. She is saying that at the rate that you're entitled to, the total cost for 2 nights should only be $150. Divide that by the current 8 people, that's $18.75 each. Throw in BBQ money, I think the max any of us has to pay would only be $30, with perhaps maybe a few dollars difference for unexpected expenses. That's a far cry from a hefty $42 per person. be going unless something crops up for them.

Second that.
"Luxurious" amount of pay only applies to Makio.
I'm paid $6/hr and you call that "luxurious"? Don't get me wrong, but i need to deduct CPF, plus days when i'm on leave for my school assignments. And there's already around 4 days i'm on MC which they do not pay me anything. I have to cover the medical charges myself. And seriously, my monthly earnings is NOT even $1k. It's only around $900+ and you call that "luxurious"? I believe Debbie don't get paid much too.
I need to pay for my school fees too. They don't come cheap.
For people who can spend few hundred bucks for things at one go just like that, i don't think they will understand what it's like to be not well-off and have to constantly trying to make ends meet. Seriously, IF i'm earning close to $3k per month, i can say that i can even pay for this whole chalet for you guys + BBQ and make it as the sea side view bungalow.
And i'm not talking big because it'll be a retreat gift for all of you. Right now, $900+ per month job does not allow me to do that.

As for your:
"But for those who can take leave and don't have the urgent need for them, I don't see why is it wrong for them not doing so."
Yue's already taken leave for our chalet, cos' she's working on saturdays.
If i'm not mistaken, xiaohui is taking leave too?
And i think you misunderstood my point. I'm only talking about my own situation that if i take leave, i won't be paid. Others like you who are permanent are entitled to take leave and get paid. I don't. And for people like yue, they have already take 1 day leave, i don't see why they should take another day leave just to check out on that day itself. Doesn't make any sense to me.

I understand makio feel for those secondary school students, but if they can spend almost whole day in arcade playing, i don't see why they can't afford this chalet, so to speak. And i know some student whose daily income is around $20 or more per day.
They're not as poor as you think.

Enough of all this liaoz.
And as far as i know, Alex, ex-arcadia staff is coming too. There's a total of around 14 people now which will be staying over night, excluding those who do not wish to stay over night. So there might be more people around too. =D

And yes, if makio confirmed the booking, i shall proceed to post this on the facebook group. =)
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:04 am

Xiaohui definitely will use up her leave cuz her job doesn't allow off days on weekends so she will have to take 2 days if she's staying.

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:52 am

Rubyrain wrote:Xiaohui definitely will use up her leave cuz her job doesn't allow off days on weekends so she will have to take 2 days if she's staying.

Better ask her change job fast sia.. Haiz.. She's really on sia.. i feel she so 伟大 sacrifice her leave for us sia..
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next