Taiko Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

July Chalet

+9
adri
Suki
まきお
yuu_yuki
Rubyrain
mariochua
mitsurugi
Giazenshia
Kyon
13 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

July Chalet - Page 6 Empty Re: July Chalet

Post by まきお Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:34 pm

***UPDATED***

Names in red indicated that the person has paid. As of the Taiko Competition finals, we have only received payment from the following people.

Confirmed list

1. Kyon
2. まきお
3. yuu_yuki
4. mitsurugi
5. Giazenshia
6. Rubyrain
7. fuuyue
8. hayatekazama
9. simin
10. xiaohui
11. -x(Dex)x-
12. adri
13. Gray
14. Skyne Keira
15. Pikachu
16. NoObOii
17. YukariKaito
18. HareHareYukai
19. ???

**did I miss out anyone who's in the forum but don't see their username here? Or are there any non-forum members joining too?

For No.19, I was told that Hayate is bringing someone. May I know who is that person? Name? And he/she is also liable to pay for the chalet as well~ do take note.

Right now, I need as many people as I can on Friday prefably after 3+ or 4+ to help me with loading of stuffs into our chalet. Adri, I need your progress report on the BBQ too so that I can determine how many guys I need on that day to help out.

At the same time, everybody is to bring their own individual personal items, and also one of anything that can be shared with everyone (eg, syrup, utensils, etc.)

For those who do not know how to get there, here is the map.

July Chalet - Page 6 MAP

As for getting around our chalet, here is the area plan. The area I circled in red is most likely where our chalet will be.

July Chalet - Page 6 MAP2

4 more days. For those who have not paid up, please do it ASAP. Looking forward to this chalet as well as Cosfest xD

PS. Dex, is it possible if you can bring your Taiko Wii drum too?
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by adri Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:27 am

Hi Guys

I have already made arrangements for a total of 15 pax for the BBQ and the average cost per person will work out to be approx. $10 per person including drinks

For those who are interested i am ordering the food from BBQ wholesale :
http://www.bbqwholesale.com/

List of Food :

chicken satay
otah
chicken kebabs
chicken wings
hotdogs
butter corn
prawns (market)
fried rice

Drinks
Cordial(market)
Soft Drinks (Bottles)(market)

Other Items
Charcoal
Butter
Wire Mesh
Ice

To save cost however as mentioned above, it would be greatly appreciated if we would not have to buy the following stuff : (however if dun have still can buy)

Paper Plates
Plastic Forks & Spoons
Plastic Cups
Trash bags
Serviettes (tissue)
Firestarters

I would be driving to pick-up/send the food and drinks to minimize cost as well

However it looks like almost 20 ppl are coming (maybe) so could you inform me if i have to reconsider the order

If there is anything that you would like to include or not include (or something i may have forgotten) please inform me asap so that i can confirm the order

adri
adri
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyon Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:56 am

Adri >> able to contact debbie?? i think she found a nice link for bbq also. Anyway predict more or less abt 20 ppl will be coming for the bbq, so gona change it to 20pax might be better

Kyon
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by NoObOii Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:11 pm

Anybody want to meet up with me and go over there?? xD Though i'm not sure how to get there if i alight from MRT D: Gah crap.. Anybody taking MRT?? xD
Okay nvm, i know how.. LOL xD anybody wanna meet up still?? Very Happy

NoObOii
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:38 pm

I'll go on Friday after school. Will reach there around 8pm or so latest.

I have a bottle of blueberry cordial and some trash bags (about 10 medium size ones) so I'll bring them along.

I'll be bringing a bottle of wine as well for celebration as The World is All One.
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by NoObOii Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:35 pm

I no school on friday xD Hehehe..

NoObOii
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:31 pm

Yeah, how I so admired those who has tons of free time and etc etc etc while I'm struggling with my tons of report writing in school and at home.

Anyway, I'll settle the trash bags and bring some syrup drinks as well.

I'll bring along a bottle of Zippo as well for the BBQ. Managed to find some unwanted at home.

Also, I'll try to bring some common medicine for stuffs like Fever, Cold and Headache and Antiseptic solution in the case of emergency (choy touch wood, but better to be safe than sorry).

Anyone has bandages? (NOT plasters) I think I ran out of them. Could someone bring like 1 or 2 of them?

And who bringing mahjong?

EDIT: I'll also be bringing my portable speakers. Almost forgot to mention.
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsurugi Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:08 pm

I'll be going on friday after my Weiqi crash course at school to dump stuff, run back home and saturday run to bishan for CIP training then come flying over at 12...
mitsurugi
mitsurugi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by NoObOii Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:59 pm

I don't have bandage D: Only got plasters.. hahahaha, lol..
I'll be bringing my Mobile Broadband along, since it has Wireless Features.. So, anybody who brings along a laptop can just share along xD See you all there on Friday.. Smile

NoObOii
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:17 pm

adri wrote:
To save cost however as mentioned above, it would be greatly appreciated if we would not have to buy the following stuff : (however if dun have still can buy)

Paper Plates
Plastic Forks & Spoons
Plastic Cups
Trash bags
Serviettes (tissue)
Firestarters

I would be driving to pick-up/send the food and drinks to minimize cost as well

Most likely firestarters and charcoals have to buy since nobody would ever stock on them.
NoObOii wrote:

Okay nvm, i know how.. LOL xD anybody wanna meet up still?? Very Happy

How about coming early to help out first? xD

Anyway, tomorrow is the day~ Adri, since you mentioned that you are driving, let me know how many persons do you need to assist you, and we'll meet up at the place to collect the stuffs.

@Gias: What kind of speakers? Is it those type that has loud bass features?

まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:46 pm

まきお wrote:
@Gias: What kind of speakers? Is it those type that has loud bass features?

Some normal portable speakers by Altec Lansing (It's Altec Lansing InMotion). It's quite loud if you blast it and it uses 3.5mm jacks.

No loud bass features though O_O. I do have another type but that's more of a non-portable kind since it's heavy and my bag will be like overloaded so I won't be bringing that... lol.
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by NoObOii Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:16 pm

I don't mind going early, since there's totally no school tomorrow.. xD Just e-learning.. LOL So i can just do it anywhere.. Very Happy Where to meet up at ?? xD

NoObOii
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:12 pm

I'll be opening the chalet at 3pm or so... so most likely I will reach Pasir Ris MRT by 2.30pm. After that, we are going to meet up with Adri for the the food stuffs; maybe 2 or 3 persons, depending how many persons his car can carry.

@Gias, well as long as the speakers are loud and the whole chalet can hear, it will be good enough.

Oh and one more thing, can someone bring a multi-plug extension? This is very useful considering the facts that we have so many electronic items being brought to the chalet and we all need to use the power socket to power up these devices.

And if possible, can anyone with mobile broadband bring a laptop too? I would wanna bring mine, but I got too many things in my hand already.
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:13 pm

Just packed up my stuffs for today so I can quickly dump my stuffs and change bag tomorrow and go the moment I reach home.

Trash bags
Portable Speaker
1 bottle of Blueberry Cordial (1 liter)
Zippo
Antiseptic solution for cleaning wound
Some Panadol
1 bottle wine
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:38 pm

I can't go till Saturday late afternoon cos' i need to go pay my school fees in the morning-afternoon period..
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by NoObOii Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:57 pm

まきお wrote:Oh and one more thing, can someone bring a multi-plug extension? This is very useful considering the facts that we have so many electronic items being brought to the chalet and we all need to use the power socket to power up these devices.

And if possible, can anyone with mobile broadband bring a laptop too? I would wanna bring mine, but I got too many things in my hand already.

1. I'll try to bring if i can find any at my house.. Cause i currently am using one, but the wires are a little "too long" for it.. I will bring the one that is like "Long wire, Plug one place, many sockets to plug" type.. Lol..

2. I'll be bringing both my mobile broadband and my Laptop.. Mouse too.. If my bag makes enough space, maybe even keyboard.. LOL~ I wouldn't be able to bring my speaker.. Since there's a "Bass / Woofer" Which makes it that i will not have space to carry it in my bag.. LOL~

NoObOii
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:42 am

Is anyone going to watch the World Cup during chalet?

Gray, Xiaohui, Simin and I will only reach during evening time (probably about 5pm+). I'll discuss with them and see if we can bring a few more bottles of drinks for the BBQ.

@Makio: The BBQ caterer should have provided at least one box of fire starters as well as one bag of charcoal.

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:59 pm

Excellent, so Gias has the speakers and Nooboii has the plugs and laptop with internet. Looks like it won't be a boring chalet after all XD

And are you watching world cup at mac?
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by NoObOii Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:35 pm

Err, can watch live streaming with computer mah?? xD

NoObOii
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:56 pm

NoObOii wrote:Err, can watch live streaming with computer mah?? xD

IF your broadband is fast enough.

Hey guys, currently at Queestown MRT now, got delayed badly due to the rain which made me leave my house even later coz I have lots of electronic stuffs with me and don't want them caught in the rain. So I might be reaching like 3.30 or so and open the chalet at 4. Sorry for the delay guys. For those who are there, go meet up with the rest first while I still on my way.

PS. Adri, what's your present situation like?
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:12 pm

Mac TV too small. And its so far to walk from aloha to macdonalds. Maybe not staying afterall. See how lor. So far i've yet to find any live-streaming sites that actually work.

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:22 pm

What do you mean 'not staying'? ><
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by NoObOii Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:53 pm

My Broadband supposingly can watch lah.. xD It should be fast enough :3
Edited @ 8:33PM: Omg, so many people not here yet xD うわー ( ゜Д゜)ノ

NoObOii
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:17 pm

Rubyrain wrote:Mac TV too small. And its so far to walk from aloha to macdonalds. Maybe not staying afterall. See how lor. So far i've yet to find any live-streaming sites that actually work.

Haha, if you, simin, xiaohui all not staying, then i think i'm not staying too, might as well share cab with simin/xiaohui if you gals are going home.
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:33 pm

Finally got myself some time to post this despite my busy schedule~ Time for some after-action review

Chalet was somehow a success, thanks to those who can stay for all 3 days, and also those who made the effort to at least stay for a day. Tho there's some unexpected issues, it was still manageable and everyone had fun. Not easy for me hosting this whole event, but with the help of Kyon, adri and a few others, things seems to be running well

Once again, I shall bring out the list of people who have contributed to the chalet.

1. Kyon
2. まきお
3. yuu_yuki
4. mitsurugi
5. Giazenshia
6. Rubyrain
7. fuuyue
8. hayatekazama
9. simin <-- someone help me collect??
10. xiaohui <-- someone help me collect??
11. -x(Dex)x-
12. adri
13. Gray
14. Skyne Keira
15. Pikachu <--- paid, but why didn't turn up despite several reminders??
16. NoObOii
17. YukariKaito
18. HareHareYukai
19. Hayate's gf (ermm... what's her name?)
20. Rice

Every single cent has been utilized for the chalet, probably overspent a little, but I managed to cover the costs for that. For those who didn't pay up yet, myself and adri used some of our money first to cover the cost~ **hope we can get our money back?** xD

Overall it was great chalet; and everyone's involvement made the place livelier.

Next up, as announced by yuu, we shall have a much bigger chalet, probably the pool terrace or the sea view bungalows. Won't be so soon, but I shall announce the event when that day comes

Photos are on facebook, do look out for them~
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next