Taiko Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taiko @ Arcadia 2009: Competition feedback

+11
-x(Dex)x-
PegaKok
gepi
mitsurugi
Rubyrain
adri
Kyon
Giazenshia
hayatekazama
yuu_yuki
ongchinkai
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Taiko @ Arcadia 2009: Competition feedback - Page 3 Empty Re: Taiko @ Arcadia 2009: Competition feedback

Post by Giazenshia Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:31 pm

Problem is say, a group A player goes into group C...

Now, there's this huge problem here that we know who would probably be the winner. (Taking that group C players are all really those who cannot play even group B songs)
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Taiko @ Arcadia 2009: Competition feedback - Page 3 Empty Re: Taiko @ Arcadia 2009: Competition feedback

Post by mitsurugi Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:26 pm

Like that I rather prefer a Oni only round and a Muzu only round...
If not hard to guess the competitor's skill if we never see them before, they go into an easy group and pwn everyone or something...
mitsurugi
mitsurugi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Mint Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:11 pm

Let's try and do a rough estimate and see what we get, eh?

Singapore population = 4.5m
Singapore gamers = 100k
Singapore gamers who play Taiko no Tatsujin at least once = 5k
Singapore gamers who play Taiko no Tatsujin reasonably = 500
Singapore gamers who play Taiko no Tatsujin well enough to play in a competition = 100
Singapore gamers who play Taiko no Tatsujin well enough to play in a competition, and have taken part in the previous competition = 19

This estimate, while simplistic, reflects the problem of trying to divide an already small pool of players further into categories - simply put, it is too small to be feasible. Perhaps when I do manage to see 100 people sign up for the competition, I will consider splitting them up. Until then, this is the most commercially feasible way.

Having said that, there are ways to introduce casual gamers to the scene. For example, besides the main event which is for "serious, hardcore" gamers like us (yes, we ARE defined as that, like it or not), there can be a separate category for the casual gamers, prizes not as attractive of course. If a serious gamer really wants to play in this group, then there's really nothing much we can do, because there won't be any recognition for him/her anyway.

-CK, posting from Mint's place
Mint
Mint
見習い
見習い

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:06 am

[quote="まきお"]
hayatekazama wrote:
Well my namecard "shop" is still open, so I'll be happy to print more cards for anyone who needs them. I'll be opening a new thread in the community discission soon for this.

I found this local printing webby where printing of full colour namecards is at $60 for 300pcs=$0.20 per piece. Comes laminated as well. I've emailed to ask if they can separate the 300 pcs into small batches with each batch bearing a different name, at the same price. If can then we can collect orders and mass print. Will get back after they reply me.

Sorry for going off-topic.

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:42 am

[quote="Rubyrain"]
まきお wrote:
hayatekazama wrote:
Well my namecard "shop" is still open, so I'll be happy to print more cards for anyone who needs them. I'll be opening a new thread in the community discission soon for this.

I found this local printing webby where printing of full colour namecards is at $60 for 300pcs=$0.20 per piece. Comes laminated as well. I've emailed to ask if they can separate the 300 pcs into small batches with each batch bearing a different name, at the same price. If can then we can collect orders and mass print. Will get back after they reply me.

Sorry for going off-topic.

Oh cool, help update me on my new Taiko namecard thread in the Community Discussion section.

@CK: well quite agree that we are like considered "serious, hardcore gamers", coz thats what most people think when they saw us playing 9* and 10* songs which most of them find it too impossible for them.
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by -x(Dex)x- Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:36 pm

If we aren't the hardcore gamers of taiko then who is =.=

Well at least in SG : )
-x(Dex)x-
-x(Dex)x-
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:32 pm

Sorry for the lateness.
=Sticky-ed=
Admin
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3