Taiko Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Distress Thread

+17
angelint960123
-x(Dex)x-
th_newbie
jenny_amh
ongchinkai
まきお
Hui
Kyon
PegaKok
hayatekazama
cats_and_corgi
Zenova
Giazenshia
gepi
mitsurugi
Rubyrain
yuu_yuki
21 posters

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

The Distress Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Distress Thread

Post by yuu_yuki Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:07 pm

ongchinkai wrote:I want to complain about my short trip to AMK Zone-X last night.

1. It's still $1.55 per game?! WTF?! I bought a normal Tapz card, spent the value on a game for me and Mint, and then left it there for whichever cheapskate.

On top of the damaged right hand side taiko. The sensors are not good anymore.

ongchinkai wrote:
2. Noobs trying to act pro, WTF?! I think I made that brat's jaw drop by playing Kurenai + I-forgot-what-song + Taberuna.

Well, you get lots of this kind of things around amk hub nowadays..
Some are really arrogant too. So which are the ones you saw them acting pro?? Haha

ongchinkai wrote:
3. Plastic bachi, WTF?! It sounded like it was falling apart; Mint said my drumming was louder than the music - then again, every Tom, Dick and Harry was louder than the music.

That was the first time in a LONG while I've been to a Zone-X outlet, and it's still so sucky. I'm NEVER setting foot in there again.

Eh, actually if you notice, it's a skipping rope. The yellow color one right? =_=ll
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by PegaKok Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:12 pm

yuu_yuki wrote:
ongchinkai wrote:
2. Noobs trying to act pro, WTF?! I think I made that brat's jaw drop by playing Kurenai + I-forgot-what-song + Taberuna.

Well, you get lots of this kind of things around amk hub nowadays..
Some are really arrogant too. So which are the ones you saw them acting pro?? Haha

They want to play, just let them. What I do not like about AMK Hub during peak hours is...
When I'm choosing song, sure got kids disturb.
Kena a few times hit by kids, suay suay tio the songs I don't play de.

Guess it is time for me to avoid AMK Hub during this holiday season.
PegaKok
PegaKok
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by PegaKok Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:11 pm

To rant or not to rant.
A rant, or simply just too lucky enough to escape an incident today occurred at Arcadia this afternoon.

A few occasions, I saw Jubeat machines kena Power Trip.
Soon after, a portion of Arcadia kena Power Trip.
Last week, some of the machines at Level 7 kena Power Trip.
And today, right after my 2 Jubeat credits (EA Pass obtained), Power Trip occurred in the whole Arcadia (Level 5).
PegaKok
PegaKok
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by hayatekazama Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:43 pm

PegaKok wrote:To rant or not to rant.
A rant, or simply just too lucky enough to escape an incident today occurred at Arcadia this afternoon.

A few occasions, I saw Jubeat machines kena Power Trip.
Soon after, a portion of Arcadia kena Power Trip.
Last week, some of the machines at Level 7 kena Power Trip.
And today, right after my 2 Jubeat credits (EA Pass obtained), Power Trip occurred in the whole Arcadia (Level 5).

today there's another power trip? zzzz.. i strongly believe its due to shortage of power due to the link bridge to bugis junction, and yes in case u guys didn't noe.. its open already... XD another thing is.. the fuse for the main power for arcadia seems to be abit faulty, thing is.. they already ordered a new fuse but its yet to come.. few months already i believe.. zzzz
hayatekazama
hayatekazama
駆けだし
駆けだし

Back to top Go down

Post by PegaKok Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:11 am

hayatekazama wrote:today there's another power trip? zzzz.. i strongly believe its due to shortage of power due to the link bridge to bugis junction, and yes in case u guys didn't noe.. its open already... XD another thing is.. the fuse for the main power for arcadia seems to be abit faulty, thing is.. they already ordered a new fuse but its yet to come.. few months already i believe.. zzzz

Yuu, Makio, Gias... and some other people who were there around 3pm+... experienced it.
PegaKok
PegaKok
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:32 pm

PegaKok wrote:
hayatekazama wrote:today there's another power trip? zzzz.. i strongly believe its due to shortage of power due to the link bridge to bugis junction, and yes in case u guys didn't noe.. its open already... XD another thing is.. the fuse for the main power for arcadia seems to be abit faulty, thing is.. they already ordered a new fuse but its yet to come.. few months already i believe.. zzzz

Yuu, Makio, Gias... and some other people who were there around 3pm+... experienced it.

I tell you, the blackout, I have experienced it quite a lot of times already. So many times until my fingers are not enough to count.

But well, its an overload, and nothing can be done right now so no point. But yeah sometimes I get pissed off because I have a good score, or is winning in mahjong and POOF!
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkOni++ Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:26 pm

PegaKok wrote:They want to play, just let them. What I do not like about AMK Hub during peak hours is...
When I'm choosing song, sure got kids disturb.
Kena a few times hit by kids, suay suay tio the songs I don't play de.

Guess it is time for me to avoid AMK Hub during this holiday season.

Sometimes to me, when I want to pick kita, rotter or smth, they humtum and give me anpanman.lol

DarkOni++
駆けだし
駆けだし

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:00 am

PegaKok wrote:

That one epic sia. I absolutely love it. xD
I love to see the mass surprised face. Haha~

But then the card reader was like taking ages to boot up.

Distress: I've lost my taiko dojo ez-link card!! @#$%^&$#!!!!
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkOni++ Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:43 pm

As in my FB post, taiko12.5 is gone 4eva... Sad
And also, my sis played my pc and downloaded crap, crap AND crap..
On the next restart pc crashes, DAMN!!!
Maybe reformatting helps?

DarkOni++
駆けだし
駆けだし

Back to top Go down

Post by ddkkd90 Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:46 pm

DarkOni++ wrote:As in my FB post, taiko12.5 is gone 4eva... Sad

Don't do it, instead repair your installation..
I know you have a win7 DVD, insert it and boot via the cd...
Then select repair installation instead of "install"
Or try booting in safe mode, and go to System Restore. Select the 1st crap your sis puts, and restore it..

ddkkd90
素人
素人

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:42 am

Boot in safe mode.
Run Backup or System Restore if any, move back to the date before the download starts.
Then try a Unhook on the regedit. Initialize the codes into a .ini file and run it.

The codes for the Unhook is below:

Code:
[DefaultInstall]
AddReg=UnhookRegKey

[UnhookRegKey]
HKLM, Software\CLASSES\batfile\shell\open\command,,,"""%1"" %*"
HKLM, Software\CLASSES\comfile\shell\open\command,,,"""%1"" %*"
HKLM, Software\CLASSES\exefile\shell\open\command,,,"""%1"" %*"
HKLM, Software\CLASSES\piffile\shell\open\command,,,"""%1"" %*"
HKLM, Software\CLASSES\regfile\shell\open\command,,,"regedit.exe ""%1"""
HKLM, Software\CLASSES\scrfile\shell\open\command,,,"""%1"" %*"
HKCU, Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System,DisableRegistryTools,0x00000020,0

Just note that if you mess around with your regkeys often, I suggest you don't unhook. Unhook before you revert and unhook after you revert. You can try some virus scanning but I doubt they do work.

One tip for you which I do is to access the Symantec database and collect information on the stuffs you think is relevant and try performing the key deletions. They'll usually integrate into your boot section so try searching there?

Of course, tough work. If you can't manage all these then you can reformat. If you want to save your data, remove your hard disk and plug it into another computer, transfer the whole partition minus the core system files and reformat, then insert the files back.
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkOni++ Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:49 pm

Giazenshia wrote:

Boot in safe mode.
Run Backup or System Restore if any, move back to the date before the download starts.
Then try a Unhook on the regedit. Initialize the codes into a .ini file and run it.

The codes for the Unhook is below:

Code:
[DefaultInstall]
AddReg=UnhookRegKey

[UnhookRegKey]
HKLM, Software\CLASSES\batfile\shell\open\command,,,"""%1"" %*"
HKLM, Software\CLASSES\comfile\shell\open\command,,,"""%1"" %*"
HKLM, Software\CLASSES\exefile\shell\open\command,,,"""%1"" %*"
HKLM, Software\CLASSES\piffile\shell\open\command,,,"""%1"" %*"
HKLM, Software\CLASSES\regfile\shell\open\command,,,"regedit.exe ""%1"""
HKLM, Software\CLASSES\scrfile\shell\open\command,,,"""%1"" %*"
HKCU, Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System,DisableRegistryTools,0x00000020,0

Just note that if you mess around with your regkeys often, I suggest you don't unhook. Unhook before you revert and unhook after you revert. You can try some virus scanning but I doubt they do work.

One tip for you which I do is to access the Symantec database and collect information on the stuffs you think is relevant and try performing the key deletions. They'll usually integrate into your boot section so try searching there?

Of course, tough work. If you can't manage all these then you can reformat. If you want to save your data, remove your hard disk and plug it into another computer, transfer the whole partition minus the core system files and reformat, then insert the files back.

I just plugged-in my 2nd hard disk, boot xp with it and scan the main drive. My sis do put virus in. Repair win 7 install and done. Besides, some files r saved. (Except 12.3 (UNL) crashes everytime I kill Reimu in Story mode Sad )

DarkOni++
駆けだし
駆けだし

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:11 am

One thing which I never boot my computer with a hard disk is because of drivers and hardware incompatibility on that OS with the computer. Not forgetting your saved data which does not carry over. A few lines of codes missing can cause big problems. Refer to what happened below to me. It left me "physically and emotionally scarred"

That is because of the settings which I have saved on the harddisks did not carry over, thus generating the "smell". Damn that time when I increase the clock rate on the mobo physically BUT decreased the voltage using a software.

What happened next? The boot with the 2nd hard disk didn't get the voltage settings across, so it ran at default and a smell came out. Overheating issues again. I just need that liquid nitrogen again somehow, since it rocks.

Windows 7, I won't get it until the first SP comes. Just like XP and Vista. And wait for drivers. Most important, drivers and loopholes.

Just to let you know, repairing the OS using the OS function is the WORST choice when it comes to clearing viruses. Do it yourself over the regedit or reformat. Cause chances of them coming back is very high.

*Thinking back, I should had majored in Computer Engineering and not Science but my passion for Science grows faster than for IT. I find my life a little funny here... lol*
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkOni++ Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:20 am

Giazenshia wrote:One thing which I never boot my computer with a hard disk is because of drivers and hardware incompatibility on that OS with the computer. Not forgetting your saved data which does not carry over. A few lines of codes missing can cause big problems. Refer to what happened below to me. It left me "physically and emotionally scarred"

That is because of the settings which I have saved on the harddisks did not carry over, thus generating the "smell". Damn that time when I increase the clock rate on the mobo physically BUT decreased the voltage using a software.

What happened next? The boot with the 2nd hard disk didn't get the voltage settings across, so it ran at default and a smell came out. Overheating issues again. I just need that liquid nitrogen again somehow, since it rocks.

Windows 7, I won't get it until the first SP comes. Just like XP and Vista. And wait for drivers. Most important, drivers and loopholes.

Just to let you know, repairing the OS using the OS function is the WORST choice when it comes to clearing viruses. Do it yourself over the regedit or reformat. Cause chances of them coming back is very high.

*Thinking back, I should had majored in Computer Engineering and not Science but my passion for Science grows faster than for IT. I find my life a little funny here... lol*

I only care for TH, and all taiko sims

DarkOni++
駆けだし
駆けだし

Back to top Go down

Post by jenny_amh Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:43 am

A little Rant:

2day suppose to be my off day(i have 2 days off per week actually as i am a part-timer not full-time). But one of staff last minute tell manager that she going for check-up. And there goes my off day~~ T_T

I am having a sore throat right now. A very very soft/no voice will be heard from me 2molo. And i am fixed to do cashier 2molo night. No voice how to ask customer for money?? Dam'n sian.
jenny_amh
jenny_amh
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by gepi Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:05 pm

jenny_amh wrote:A little Rant:

2day suppose to be my off day(i have 2 days off per week actually as i am a part-timer not full-time). But one of staff last minute tell manager that she going for check-up. And there goes my off day~~ T_T

I am having a sore throat right now. A very very soft/no voice will be heard from me 2molo. And i am fixed to do cashier 2molo night. No voice how to ask customer for money?? Dam'n sian.

don't ask for money loh. simple. like that tomorrow I go eat subway liao.
gepi
gepi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by PegaKok Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:04 pm

*facepalm* I think I passed "Tekong virus" to you liao. >.<
PegaKok
PegaKok
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by PegaKok Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:05 pm

gepi wrote:

LOL!!! Probably something will happen in return.
PegaKok
PegaKok
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by PegaKok Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:08 pm

Today book out from the super-inconvenience camp to me: Kaki Bukit
Tomorrow book in to the super-convenience camp to me: Sembawang
02 Jan 2010: Same as today
03 Jan 2010: Same as tomorrow

Lame bo? -.-"
PegaKok
PegaKok
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by jenny_amh Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:38 am

gepi wrote:

don ask for money i die leh.. my manager working lor!! xD

anyway, i really kana no voice at work 2day.. ppl say subway hired a mute to work i was like dotz!! anyway we did have 1 who cant hear and talk fixing our equipment that are spoil.. so nvm lah!! but lucky i was not doing cashier for 2day, i don like doing cashier alot of time in a week.. very the sian..

FINALLY!! HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!! GRATZ ON RANTING PAGE REACHING PAGE 10 ALSO!! =)
jenny_amh
jenny_amh
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by PegaKok Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:09 am

jenny_amh wrote:FINALLY!! HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!

And pull your ear somemore... =DDD
PegaKok
PegaKok
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkOni++ Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:52 pm

I mis-spelled "Gensokyo" in another forum, even TKDJ. And ppl wrote this:
you started it. its your fault you spelled GENSOKYO wrongly

DarkOni++
駆けだし
駆けだし

Back to top Go down

Post by PegaKok Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:43 pm

25 & 26 Feb: Off with no idea what to do on these days =.="

From March 2010, for about 1-2 months or so... post to another camp for a course.
That camp is at the West and sibeh ULU. =.=

Good for those who stay around Jurong West/CCK/Bukit Panjang/Bukit Batok.
PegaKok
PegaKok
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:07 am

Pasir Laba Camp? Smile
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前