Taiko Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Distress Thread

+17
angelint960123
-x(Dex)x-
th_newbie
jenny_amh
ongchinkai
まきお
Hui
Kyon
PegaKok
hayatekazama
cats_and_corgi
Zenova
Giazenshia
gepi
mitsurugi
Rubyrain
yuu_yuki
21 posters

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

The Distress Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Distress Thread

Post by jenny_amh Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:39 am

PegaKok wrote:
ongchinkai wrote:Pasir Laba Camp? Smile

Sungei Gedong Camp

Considered very ulu as well.

when u book out don alway find me ah.. go home and slp more.. xD
jenny_amh
jenny_amh
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:49 pm

I received an email today and was kinda shocked initially.
Arcadia's gonna have the first jubeat ripples competition. And their champion is $350 worth of prizes!? And even the basic prize (most probably the 3rd rank) is $150 worth.
Shocked
Even so, I think it's gonna be really a huge event for that ripples compy, considering top 50 will be in the finals?

Looking at this, I seriously think our taiko competition is like totally crap-case compared to that amount. All they have for taiko prize is champion getting the tornado card worth $30 and worse, the 1st and 2nd runner-up don't even have anything.
And actually, i think our taiko community is as good as dying now.
Seems like no one has the time to hype up the community once again due to different commitments.

I don't want our taiko community to die just like that, but i'm at lost of what i can do now as my schedule is mostly fully packed with work and studies.
Any ideas?
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:47 pm

Most of us are busy also. Everyone seems to have either work or studies (or NS) compared to the people over at Jubeat. We don't have to be that very active also. If we can like meet up and have fun once a month or so should be more than good enough considering our "freedom" now.

I tomorrow say bye bye to freedom. Work + project + school together everyday including holidays.
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:31 pm

Looks like from a single tombstone picture, I can upgrade it to this one. xDD No offense really, but honestly speaking, this is the state of the forum now as days go by.

The Distress Thread - Page 11 Cemetery

And jubeat has its own forum now just like us, and lots and lots of people are joining that forum. The taiko machines at Arcadia seem to be dying slowly as the sounds get even softer day by day; I rather play my Taiko Wii at home which I can adjust to maximum volume.

And I'm also trying my best to make lots of free time out of busy working schedules, such as squeezing in time before and after work, so have to sacrifice rest and endure tiredness just to enjoy the lifestyle I had before, such as going to events in between two shifts back to back. But how long can I even endure it? It won't be long before I might collapse at the arcade one day.

Somehow I wish things can be like what we all once used to be.
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:58 pm

Giazenshia wrote:Most of us are busy also. Everyone seems to have either work or studies (or NS) compared to the people over at Jubeat. We don't have to be that very active also. If we can like meet up and have fun once a month or so should be more than good enough considering our "freedom" now.

I tomorrow say bye bye to freedom. Work + project + school together everyday including holidays.

Haha, that's so true..
It's as if most taiko-ers are transforming to a working adult community.
xD

まきお wrote:Looks like from a single tombstone picture, I can upgrade it to this one. xDD No offense really, but honestly speaking, this is the state of the forum now as days go by.

And jubeat has its own forum now just like us, and lots and lots of people are joining that forum. The taiko machines at Arcadia seem to be dying slowly as the sounds get even softer day by day; I rather play my Taiko Wii at home which I can adjust to maximum volume.

And I'm also trying my best to make lots of free time out of busy working schedules, such as squeezing in time before and after work, so have to sacrifice rest and endure tiredness just to enjoy the lifestyle I had before, such as going to events in between two shifts back to back. But how long can I even endure it? It won't be long before I might collapse at the arcade one day.

Haha, i like that pic. xD
But then don't be too pessimistic.
I'll make a point to login more frequently here as far as i can. At least keep some things alive. lolz~

But then yeah, i wonder why jubeat side it's like as if everyday never fails to go..
Are they mostly sec sch kids or something?

Geez, how i hope i'm that carefree. And somehow, i really miss those good old days..
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsurugi Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:41 am

yuu_yuki wrote:
Giazenshia wrote:Most of us are busy also. Everyone seems to have either work or studies (or NS) compared to the people over at Jubeat. We don't have to be that very active also. If we can like meet up and have fun once a month or so should be more than good enough considering our "freedom" now.

Haha, that's so true..
It's as if most taiko-ers are transforming to a working adult community.
xD

まきお wrote:Looks like from a single tombstone picture, I can upgrade it to this one. xDD No offense really, but honestly speaking, this is the state of the forum now as days go by.

Haha, i like that pic. xD
But then don't be too pessimistic.
I'll make a point to login more frequently here as far as i can. At least keep some things alive. lolz~

But then yeah, i wonder why jubeat side it's like as if everyday never fails to go..
Are they mostly sec sch kids or something?

Geez, how i hope i'm that carefree. And somehow, i really miss those good old days..

How I wish it was the time last time where you would most probably bump into someone accidentally when you are playing alone in AMK...
Iluma nowadays is like... Unless you know there's people going to be there, it's basically playing by yourself. And not being able to hear the music.
Hahaha working adult society?
The jubeat competition is simply...speachless here. It's almost as if using us as like a warmup to call in the jubeaters for the actual competition. Mad
mitsurugi
mitsurugi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:26 pm

I failed JLPT 4 just by a small margin. I did expect that coming...

I did pretty well for grammar and vocab but listening = Omg flunk.... Divide it by 2 and you get a single digit.

So for this year I have to freaking buck up.

It's worst at work. First day of work = sit and study, and then exams on the cGMP. All in 3 hours and I need 80% to pass it. Fail = retake until you pass. (Well I passed it anyway). And everyone in the company is so relaxed, including the bosses. All can go tea together one. So... wtf...

Well while they went tea I was busy reading research papers and settling stuffs quickly and wanted to start work. And they were like, tomorrow then we slowly start the procedures. Even my pass card and administration stuffs are not finished. All tomorrow then do. Report also start on the 2nd week. Prepare so much and ready to chiong work became a relax session. zzzz
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by gepi Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:41 am

yuu_yuki wrote:I received an email today and was kinda shocked initially.
Arcadia's gonna have the first jubeat ripples competition. And their champion is $350 worth of prizes!? And even the basic prize (most probably the 3rd rank) is $150 worth.
Shocked
Even so, I think it's gonna be really a huge event for that ripples compy, considering top 50 will be in the finals?

Looking at this, I seriously think our taiko competition is like totally crap-case compared to that amount. All they have for taiko prize is champion getting the tornado card worth $30 and worse, the 1st and 2nd runner-up don't even have anything.
And actually, i think our taiko community is as good as dying now.
Seems like no one has the time to hype up the community once again due to different commitments.

I don't want our taiko community to die just like that, but i'm at lost of what i can do now as my schedule is mostly fully packed with work and studies.
Any ideas?

probably because this time eloise is the chief organiser.

gias should have learnt from me. shade all B and C and got 39 marks. and I passed by 9 marks.
gepi
gepi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:50 am

mitsurugi wrote:

How I wish it was the time last time where you would most probably bump into someone accidentally when you are playing alone in AMK...
Iluma nowadays is like... Unless you know there's people going to be there, it's basically playing by yourself. And not being able to hear the music.
Hahaha working adult society?
The jubeat competition is simply...speachless here. It's almost as if using us as like a warmup to call in the jubeaters for the actual competition. Mad

Using us as a warmup to call in jubeaters for actual competition?
What you mean by that? o.O

And as for the softness of the taiko machine, they're looking into it liaoz..

Giazenshia wrote:I failed JLPT 4 just by a small margin. I did expect that coming...

I did pretty well for grammar and vocab but listening = Omg flunk.... Divide it by 2 and you get a single digit.

So for this year I have to freaking buck up.

It's worst at work. First day of work = sit and study, and then exams on the cGMP. All in 3 hours and I need 80% to pass it. Fail = retake until you pass. (Well I passed it anyway). And everyone in the company is so relaxed, including the bosses. All can go tea together one. So... wtf...

Well while they went tea I was busy reading research papers and settling stuffs quickly and wanted to start work. And they were like, tomorrow then we slowly start the procedures. Even my pass card and administration stuffs are not finished. All tomorrow then do. Report also start on the 2nd week. Prepare so much and ready to chiong work became a relax session. zzzz

So good.. Last time i slog like dog for attachment lor..
But then i learnt alot of things though, haha

gepi wrote:
probably because this time eloise is the chief organiser.

gias should have learnt from me. shade all B and C and got 39 marks. and I passed by 9 marks.

Yeah, she's fighting for us this time. And you epic win sia, shade all B and C still can pass.. Shocked
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsurugi Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:41 pm

It's like, first they make a taiko competition to tell all the arcade players that there are competitions held in Iluma, and that would then raise awareness of the people who usually don't play at iluma, and they would come over to see the place where the tournament was held...and they see the jubeat machines at only 1.50 for 4 songs, so alot of people coming to play...
Then suddenly pop up one competition with like 350 dollars prize...
mitsurugi
mitsurugi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:43 pm

mitsurugi wrote:It's like, first they make a taiko competition to tell all the arcade players that there are competitions held in Iluma, and that would then raise awareness of the people who usually don't play at iluma, and they would come over to see the place where the tournament was held...and they see the jubeat machines at only 1.50 for 4 songs, so alot of people coming to play...
Then suddenly pop up one competition with like 350 dollars prize...

Haiz.. Ya lor..
But then, i heard their management changed liaoz, so if we're gonna have another taiko compy, it'll be for sure better prize (provided if lotsa people join).
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:43 am

Actually, i think one reason why jubeat is so much more popular than taiko is because jubeat is a much simpler game. The patterns are repeating, and once u catch them, u can basically master the other songs as well. Not to mention, its also very easier to memorise since the whole songs is just about pressing the same few buttons throughout. Also, the whole machine and gameplay is more colourful, so people will be like, wah!! so pretty!! then go and try lor.

For taiko, even though its only red and white notes, the sequence and combinations of the notes make it harder to memorise, and sometimes its also a test of your reflexes. Somemore most of the songs are quite ulu, except for the chinese songs, so people are like har? Never hear before lah! Den walk away lor.

Also maybe human reflexes are better at pushing buttons than hitting rubber surfaces. xD

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:07 pm

Rubyrain wrote:Actually, i think one reason why jubeat is so much more popular than taiko is because jubeat is a much simpler game. The patterns are repeating, and once u catch them, u can basically master the other songs as well. Not to mention, its also very easier to memorise since the whole songs is just about pressing the same few buttons throughout. Also, the whole machine and gameplay is more colourful, so people will be like, wah!! so pretty!! then go and try lor.

For taiko, even though its only red and white notes, the sequence and combinations of the notes make it harder to memorise, and sometimes its also a test of your reflexes. Somemore most of the songs are quite ulu, except for the chinese songs, so people are like har? Never hear before lah! Den walk away lor.

Also maybe human reflexes are better at pushing buttons than hitting rubber surfaces. xD

Zabor,
Taiko is red and blue notes. Where got white notes sia? LOLZ~~~~
And taiko very cute and pretty also lehz, got cute cute characters dancing below the screen for single play. And the taiko notes also super cute one. The mouth like kapibara de, then you 50 combos, it will open and close sia!!
Which i find it extremely much cuter than jubeat~ Kekekeke

And let's see, i won't say "master" the songs for jubeat, cos' you can pass it easily rather than to perfect it. But then again, compare jubeat's level 9 extreme and oni 9 stars, i think most people will fail taiko more readily. Considering some of the taiko songs like saitama2000 etc, don't even deserve the rating of 9* imo.

What you guys think??
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:43 pm

Sry typo la. LOL. Taiko is cute, but the machine look very old. Esp the drums get dirty so easily. Normally ppl will look at the machine first de ma. And the screen the colour is abit more 暗淡, so ppl will "bypass" it more easily la.

To u, u dun see it as "mastering" the song but to others they feel good ba. Like WAH! I'm above those who can S/SS/SSS this song leh! Is like ego-boost lydat ma.

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:48 pm

Rubyrain wrote:Sry typo la. LOL. Taiko is cute, but the machine look very old. Esp the drums get dirty so easily. Normally ppl will look at the machine first de ma. And the screen the colour is abit more 暗淡, so ppl will "bypass" it more easily la.

To u, u dun see it as "mastering" the song but to others they feel good ba. Like WAH! I'm above those who can S/SS/SSS this song leh! Is like ego-boost lydat ma.

I find it weird and lame that some people play taiko just to show off to those normal public.
Especially those who like "I-can-play-muzukashii-therefore-i'm-god-worship-me" type of people..
And last time i happened to meet these 2 boys who play muzukashii and their mother was like sit down there, film film away. And plus tap tap away. =_=ll
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:07 pm

Haha why take this kind of things to heart? There are all kinds of people in the world de. Just f. care lor.

But then again, I'm also very uptight. Get pissed off very easily. HAHA. I think need to take up courses on how to 看开 liao. HAHA.

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:27 pm

Sometimes i just feel some people just start taiko not because they really like the game but to show off.. Feel sad..

Your 看开 reminds me of this "Retarded Test" video:

URL: http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1920296

This is super retard and lame, but funny at the same time. LOLOLOLOL.
"You're RETARD!!"
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsurugi Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:46 pm

yuu_yuki wrote:Sometimes i just feel some people just start taiko not because they really like the game but to show off.. Feel sad..

Your 看开 reminds me of this "Retarded Test" video:

URL: http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1920296

This is super retard and lame, but funny at the same time. LOLOLOLOL.
"You're RETARD!!"

LOLOL loved the ending XD
Actually speaking of that why did you actually start taiko?
Now that I think about it I saw some guy playing oni 2 times speed seasons last time in DTE...and if I don't remember wrongly it was ck...?
mitsurugi
mitsurugi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:24 pm

mitsurugi wrote:
LOLOL loved the ending XD
Actually speaking of that why did you actually start taiko?
Now that I think about it I saw some guy playing oni 2 times speed seasons last time in DTE...and if I don't remember wrongly it was ck...?

Gwad, you in our dojo so long still don't know why i start taiko?
*fainted*

I started out taiko is because i am first mesmerized by it with it's super duper cute characters design. I still remember I stood there like some stupid stunned person just staring at the cute characters.
The reason why i love kapibara so much is also partly kapibara's mouth resembles taiko mouth. The cute cute shape. And their eyes are like sparkling too. If you notice, don and kat chan's eyes and mouth resembles kapibara. So this is my main reason of starting on taiko - because the notes are so cute with big eyes and cute mouth.

And other reason will be that taiko can help me in terms of drumming skills, which is useful in my chinese orchestra.

And I believe I said this like so many times sia. =_=
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsurugi Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:32 am

Lol I was trying to post a general question XD
The Kapibara thing was news though Very Happy
mitsurugi
mitsurugi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:28 pm

Why I started out taiko is because there's a lot of nice songs inside which I've heard on radio and TV for so many times over the years already, so to me its the songs that made me want to try out and play the game at first~

And every series ranging from 1-13, and its various console versions have so many different songs that I like and heard many times before (mainly Jpop and anime category), so its impossible for me not to get addicted to the game. xD
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:18 pm

I think if taiko notes look like the annoying orange, i doubt i'll play it even if there are songs which i like.
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:29 pm

Siami annoying orange?

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:40 pm

Rubyrain wrote:Siami annoying orange?

For your annoying needs:
https://www.youtube.com/user/realannoyingorange
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:09 pm

Lol. U should see the marshmallow murder de.

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next