Taiko Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encouraging some people to play Oni songs

+4
yuu_yuki
ongchinkai
gepi
Resdel
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Encouraging some people to play Oni songs Empty Encouraging some people to play Oni songs

Post by Resdel Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:13 pm

I am quite new to taiko, actually, but since I met up with gepi and BLYX, I had also started to play oni songs. I really can say some of the songs are not difficult, but many people are really wasting their time playing normal mode songs. Some of the people if they play with their friends, it's okay. They may not play it that well compared to their more expert friends. But, if they play solo, and they think they are good, they should try the blue songs instead. There are easy blue songs and so are the oni songs. I ever see a couple playing the blue songs and the girl is good, so I introduce her to play some oni songs. Her advance songs are all 7-8 stars songs. And her oni songs are not any worse. She can do it, so i believe everybody can play some blue songs too. I am not encouraging you guys to play the 8 stars immediately, but can start off with the 4-5 stars.

For a start, maybe someone can introduce some easy oni songs for oni beginners? I recommend doraemon. What about you guys?

Resdel
見習い
見習い

Back to top Go down

Encouraging some people to play Oni songs Empty Re: Encouraging some people to play Oni songs

Post by gepi Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:48 pm

that is true. but still, most people doesn't know the existence of oni mode. and not everyone has a blyx to play with them to see if they can pass those in their perspective omg-ggfied-imba-pwnage higher level songs and break the proverbial glass celling. though I highly doubt blyx will play 5 6 star songs with other people.
gepi
gepi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Encouraging some people to play Oni songs Empty Re: Encouraging some people to play Oni songs

Post by ongchinkai Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:25 am

I would need some help to play the 2000 series! Anyone? Very Happy
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:12 pm

gepi wrote:that is true. but still, most people doesn't know the existence of oni mode. and not everyone has a blyx to play with them to see if they can pass those in their perspective omg-ggfied-imba-pwnage higher level songs and break the proverbial glass celling. though I highly doubt blyx will play 5 6 star songs with other people.

THAT'S very true.
He doesn't even want to play some 7 stars and below sometimes. Lolz~
I think he only concentrate on 10stars now with few exception of 8/9stars?
Haha~

ongchinkai wrote:I would need some help to play the 2000 series! Anyone? Very Happy

You mean the Oni 2000?? o.O
So far i can only pass oni saitama2000.. xD
But if you wanna try all muzukashii 2000 series, i can train with you though.
haha~
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:24 pm

Resdel wrote: I ever see a couple playing the blue songs and the girl is good, so I introduce her to play some oni songs. Her advance songs are all 7-8 stars songs. And her oni songs are not any worse. She can do it, so i believe everybody can play some blue songs too. I am not encouraging you guys to play the 8 stars immediately, but can start off with the 4-5 stars.

For a start, maybe someone can introduce some easy oni songs for oni beginners? I recommend doraemon. What about you guys?

Welcome Resdel!!
And wow, another female player in oni??
Me and Yue would love to meet her!! =D

So far, the only girls playing in oni in arcade here are just around 3 person - ume, yue & me.
I really do hope to see more female joining oni though. Razz
As for starters, you may want to consider if that person have taiko no tatsujin background. If they do play in other consoles, they can try playing those oni 5stars and below. It's very much depend on individuals on how fast they can grasp the notes to play it. cat
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by gepi Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:48 pm

yuu_yuki wrote:
gepi wrote:that is true. but still, most people doesn't know the existence of oni mode. and not everyone has a blyx to play with them to see if they can pass those in their perspective omg-ggfied-imba-pwnage higher level songs and break the proverbial glass celling. though I highly doubt blyx will play 5 6 star songs with other people.

THAT'S very true.
He doesn't even want to play some 7 stars and below sometimes. Lolz~
I think he only concentrate on 10stars now with few exception of 8/9stars?
Haha~

not really. once in a while he will meet my demands. but sooner or later I think he will since both of us were running out of songs to play that we did retarded stuff like hare hare yukai 2x speed. killed me the first time I played.
gepi
gepi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by HareHareYukai Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:01 pm

yes. we have fun playing random stuff haha. nowadays if you ask gepi we play more 'opposite' and '2x speed' stuff then ever. (because out of songs to play =x)

and its really fun. harehareyukai 2x speed. xDDDDD yeah!
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by HareHareYukai Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:02 pm

ongchinkai wrote:I would need some help to play the 2000 series! Anyone? Very Happy

If you need help, I can play all oni 2000songs except kitasaitama.
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by HareHareYukai Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:03 pm

5 and 6* stuff doesn't really entertain me as much, 6* maybe still okay. 7-10*s are interesting.

and then in that case you should be happy i play with you? haha xD i have lotsa fun playing with you too! if gepi didnt play with me i can imagine how bored i am..! GEPI ROCKS! =D
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by gepi Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:11 pm

heh. dun need to try psycho me to play again. having someone to play taiko with you or living in a safe singapore due to the lack of a kayu driver who thinks driving=daytona, you decide.
gepi
gepi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by HareHareYukai Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:15 pm

fine fine xDD LOL gogo jy on driving lessons. but then still play leh. T_T
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by fuuyue Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:40 pm

yuu_yuki wrote:
Resdel wrote: I ever see a couple playing the blue songs and the girl is good, so I introduce her to play some oni songs. Her advance songs are all 7-8 stars songs. And her oni songs are not any worse. She can do it, so i believe everybody can play some blue songs too. I am not encouraging you guys to play the 8 stars immediately, but can start off with the 4-5 stars.

Welcome Resdel!!
And wow, another female player in oni??
Me and Yue would love to meet her!! =D

So far, the only girls playing in oni in arcade here are just around 3 person - ume, yue & me.
I really do hope to see more female joining oni though. Razz
As for starters, you may want to consider if that person have taiko no tatsujin background. If they do play in other consoles, they can try playing those oni 5stars and below. It's very much depend on individuals on how fast they can grasp the notes to play it. cat

muhehehehehehehe!
i wan taiko outing!!!

and taiko no tatsujin bg....
no need background larh!
just jump straight in to ONI with yuu
and teach yourself how to SWIM!
worked for me =X
fuuyue
fuuyue
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:49 pm

Doesn't work if you decide to stone while watching dons and kats fly past you...like blyx mentioned somewhere, I also feel bad for the person who plays above his difficulty and then give up...
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by fuuyue Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:50 pm

ongchinkai wrote:Doesn't work if you decide to stone while watching dons and kats fly past you...like blyx mentioned somewhere, I also feel bad for the person who plays above his difficulty and then give up...

actually i tend to end up that way when i play with yuu
and the songs r not my lvl
i tend to just end up laughing

but then,
after abit (and after yuu's cries of "dont leave me playing alone")
i will go back to try

1st 10-20 times sure fail la
but after that...
the bar does go up.
fail, but goes up
and finally one day
hey!
i can pass
fuuyue
fuuyue
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:36 am

I ended up like you, yue. Razz Today played with BLYX, lol...you can guess the rest!
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:12 am

fuuyue wrote:

muhehehehehehehe!
i wan taiko outing!!!

and taiko no tatsujin bg....
no need background larh!
just jump straight in to ONI with yuu
and teach yourself how to SWIM!
worked for me =X

Haiz.. I seriously misheard when i met you the first time..
I misheard that you answered you can play oni level.. hahahaha

fuuyue wrote:
actually i tend to end up that way when i play with yuu
and the songs r not my lvl
i tend to just end up laughing

but then,
after abit (and after yuu's cries of "dont leave me playing alone")
i will go back to try

1st 10-20 times sure fail la
but after that...
the bar does go up.
fail, but goes up
and finally one day
hey!
i can pass

But you pass level 7 oni songs now wor!!
That's really a great improvement from like 3mths ago when you're still at futsuu level =D

Last edited by yuu_yuki on Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:14 am

Well, i play with blyx and i end up the same way as the both of you too. hahahaha~ xD

but i think practice makes perfect, cos' i never imagine i can pass songs which i miss like fish 2mths ago when i'm playing with blyx. Laughing
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by fuuyue Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:07 am

MUHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

i miss like a fish still =D
fuuyue
fuuyue
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by fuuyue Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:08 am

oh yes! today me ans yuu did some encouraging to these 2 brothers who were playing muzukashi.

THEY were really good!!!
primary school kids.
but GOOD!

can train for ONI!!
muwahahaha!
hope to see them again
fuuyue
fuuyue
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Resdel Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:40 pm

Sometimes, I find it quite humorous and irritating. I was wondering why I can play some seven star songs and eight star songs but stumble upon a stupid six star song that have a lot of don-don-kat-kat-don feel from the start to the end. Anyone can help me counter this? One way is to ask gepi to force me to play that song until I pass.

Is the coded "Seasons of Asia" which is an 8 star really that difficult? Anybody passed that song before? Maybe they can share their experience. I had tried it once and i cannot get even half the bar, not to talk about passing. I can say it is the kind of song for BLYX. Ha ha...

Resdel
見習い
見習い

Back to top Go down

Post by fuuyue Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:48 pm

how i trained for songs is to get yuu to show me how to hit the sequence
like dddkdddkddd and dkkd and other stuffs like that.
then its up to me to practice and register it in my head

currently trying to pull off ddk ddk ddk kkd kkd ddk ddk
(using alternate hands of course)

seasons of Asia 8 star...
yuu can pass it without problems
but it sure is a challenge
i got.. half bar or less i think.
cant really remember
fuuyue
fuuyue
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:37 pm

I like that song! I hope to be able to pass it soon Very Happy
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by gepi Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:50 pm

I hate the 8 star seasons of asia version because of the ddkkddkkddkk thing. though the four minute song has lots of it, but it's very irritating for such a nice song to have that part that I rather play the 7 star version.
gepi
gepi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by fuuyue Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:39 pm

gepi, i have to agree with u on this. i prefer the 7star version too. makes playing more fun
fuuyue
fuuyue
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:18 am

Resdel wrote:Sometimes, I find it quite humorous and irritating. I was wondering why I can play some seven star songs and eight star songs but stumble upon a stupid six star song that have a lot of don-don-kat-kat-don feel from the start to the end. Anyone can help me counter this? One way is to ask gepi to force me to play that song until I pass.

Is the coded "Seasons of Asia" which is an 8 star really that difficult? Anybody passed that song before? Maybe they can share their experience. I had tried it once and i cannot get even half the bar, not to talk about passing. I can say it is the kind of song for BLYX. Ha ha...

That coded "Seasons of Asia" is hard for you to play at first but eventually, you will get use to it if you play more other types of song. =D
Though it's hard, that song really does have a good & catchy rhythm sound though.
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next