Taiko Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TKDJ- Taiko Under the Moonlit Sky 2010

3 posters

Go down

TKDJ- Taiko Under the Moonlit Sky 2010  Empty TKDJ- Taiko Under the Moonlit Sky 2010

Post by HareHareYukai Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:56 pm

HI all, here's an original, spanking new idea for our next outing. I have already discussed it with several other members, and they all feel that it is worth trying out.

Taiko under the Moonlit Sky 2010

Date: Not Confirmed, Somewhere around september
Venue: Chinese Garden? (;
Time: Evening - Night of Course!

If you still don't get the idea, its supposed to be a mid-autumn festival gathering for TKDJ @ chinese garden.
We can sit down on the grass, gaze at the moon and scenery, enjoy mooncakes, carry lanterns, and enjoy the festive mood!

To add on, here's the real cool part about this outing. Much preparation has to be done in two major areas, but I believe we'll be able to make it, won't we?

1. Taiko-customized Mooncakes!

Okay, I mean it literally, like having don and kat faces on the mooncakes itself! To do so we need to take a few steps progressively to make sure we end up enjoying taiko mooncakes on the day itself. This is quite of a challenge, but let's try our best!

There are two suggestions for the procurement of the mooncakes.
1. Customized Order
There are a few steps to this..

a. finding a mooncake supplier
b. desigining a taiko-mold
c. providing a taiko-shaped mold for the mooncakes to supplier --> which means we need to get a woodcrafing company to do this for us.
d. mass ordering, taking of orders
e. collecting of money

2. Make mooncakes
While this option is still open, I doubt anyone would do this, but do tell me if you want to make your own mooncakes, and have the necessary equipment/ materials to do so.

2. Taiko Lanterns!

Taiko lanterns.. if you still don't know how chinese lanterns look like, go search it or something. For this second mini-project, we will need to take another set of initiatives to get it done.

[b]1. Customized Lantern Order

While I generally do not support this since maybe the end-products lack variation and may not look as appealing, it is a possible option to take if we are running out of time/ just going for plain convenience. Money is a second issue here too, although i think if we mass order it wont cost so much. lanterns ARE cheap they're made of paper.

a. get hold of lantern-making company/business
b. provide design
c. taking of orders
d. payment

2. Make our Own Lanterns!
Okay. This would be alot more interesting though it would require more effort and time. and besides there will be a lot more variation in the lanterns produce if we decide to make them ourselves.

a. decide on design AND method of making lantern
b. mass production > besides we don't even know who's doing it yet and who's free to do it.
Maybe can gather as a group one of these days and try doing
c. payment for materials. (minor fees)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

That's the rough gist of everything. Drop me a message in fb, wall post or smth if you want to contact me or sms / call me anytime, then i'll come here and update. if you dont know who I am im BLYX so you can find me in fb when im online.

This event is still subject to change and it has yet to be confirmed at this point in time. Do respond and give ideas, suggestions and help out if we're really having this event! thanks!

I want to hear from the rest!

and er.. I guess I'll need some I/Cs for each of the parts so if you're more free please volunteer! (i mean like how i solo the whole thing very hard leh. collect money once for chalet / ordering shirts once already so tiring alrdy if need collect dont-know-how-many-orders and responses for everything i wont be able to take it.)

Thanks!
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

TKDJ- Taiko Under the Moonlit Sky 2010  Empty Re: TKDJ- Taiko Under the Moonlit Sky 2010

Post by mitsurugi Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:33 am

Hahaha I don't mind this XD
Might as well make it like a day before natsu matsuri or something?
mitsurugi
mitsurugi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

TKDJ- Taiko Under the Moonlit Sky 2010  Empty Re: TKDJ- Taiko Under the Moonlit Sky 2010

Post by yuu_yuki Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:48 pm

@Brandon,
Lolz, i love your idea sia, you were talking about it a few times before right? Haha, it'll be so cool if it's possible.

Some random ideas in my mind right now:
If we're garang enough, make it as a mini-festival in iluma, can create awareness to public about taiko no tatsujin. =P

I can help you ask eloise if you want to do this. Maybe who knows? We may be allowed to use the area outside bounce if we make it an arcadia side event. The area there also moonlit sky too, hahahaha~ And we can actually help decorated a bit there so it looks like a mini-festival there. I know the area is small, but if you have good ideas, it'll be really fun!

Eg. We can also have "Make-your-own-taiko-lantern" session there.
Or we can make it as like "Crafting your own taiko mookcake" session or whichever name suits it. Then one mini mooncake can sell $1 perhaps? ^-^
Maybe can have this mini mid-autumn festival as a form of like you buy tickets ($4 or something), you get free lanterns + 1 big & 1 small mooncakes etc. You can choose to make your mooncakes or get the prepared one. Those money the event earned will be going to arcadia since it'll be put as their side event. Then this way, they may allow us to use the space outside bounce or sponsor some of the ingredients for our mooncakes.

The whole thing can be a taiko-theme mini-festival for the public if it's possible. Bring your friends or family, it'll be really fun!! Guessing riddles 猜灯谜, singing, making your own lanterns, make mooncake, eat mooncake, mingle around etc with family, lucky draw, you name it, i'm sure that'll be fun, rather than we only taiko-ing, haha~

Organizing will be surely tired, but then, it'll be the first in the world, who knows? Heh~
However, if this idea's not possible now, then just forget it, haha, my random weird ideas only. Lolz~

yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by HareHareYukai Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:30 pm

i like the idea actually but we have to ask eloise i guess.
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:38 am

This one I've ask eloise le, but have to plan in advance, i've already told her about your idea and such, maybe you wanna go down to iluma and discuss with her. It'll be great! =3
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down