Taiko Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Da-Don Mania - (simulator) - Update 10/21/08 [VIDEO ADDED]

+6
太鼓Vchan
LjSJacK
yuu_yuki
fuuyue
Admin
Pyrozz
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Da-Don Mania - (simulator) - Update 10/21/08 [VIDEO ADDED] Empty Da-Don Mania - (simulator) - Update 10/21/08 [VIDEO ADDED]

Post by Pyrozz Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:55 am

Da-Don Mania - (simulator) - Update 10/21/08 [VIDEO ADDED] Drumanima32x32Taiko no SimulatorDa-Don Mania - (simulator) - Update 10/21/08 [VIDEO ADDED] Drumanima32x322

I am programming a Taiko No Tatsujin Simulator for the PC. It is designed to play any kind of song with drum files made by users. You will be able to download songs on a website later. There will be several playable features, like in the DS version such as:
  • Speed control
  • Scroll type
  • Reverse (abekobe)
  • Full combo mode
  • Dizzy scrolling
  • Invisible
  • Many more, can you think of any ideas?

There is also a skin feature in which users can create different skins for the game and share them with other users. The game might include the original Taiko no Tatsujin skin when downloaded, I am not sure yet. I was thinking of making the game only have a basic look to it so it doesn't look like Taiko no Tatsujin and then make a download link for people to get the Taiko skin, this would avoid some legal issues with Namco.

Video(s)

Da-Don Mania - (simulator) - Update 10/21/08 [VIDEO ADDED] S1369355263_30092164_4415
I have an screenshot collection of a recent version:
Click here to see some pictures

I also might need help with much more from this community. There is a lot to draw for this game, and if there are any artists out there that can use flash, I would love to get your help! kat=3

F.A.Q.

Q: How can I download it?
A: You can't... yet.
I am sorry you guys can only see pictures right now, but I am working hard to make it available for testing. Currently I am working on the game play, so I haven't developed any menus yet.

So I will try to make updates as often as possible. When I get my video camera working I'll post a game play video.

Here is a list of things I need to complete for game play:
  • Make balloon popping note
  • Adjust the scoring system slightly
  • Sad drum animation
  • Particle effects
  • Things that come out of drum on hit
  • Delay the Tamashi meter and score add up accordingly

BIG ROAD BLOCK:
Maybe someone can help me with this? Of course players will want to use their ps2 Taiko drum controllers (tatakon) with the game, and there are adapters for PS2->USB. There is one problem I am having with it though, the impulses on the drum are too quick for the computer to pick up. So I think if I found a better driver it might work, I am using a Magic Joy box 3 in 1 by Mayflash. Any ideas on this?

They keyboard layout:
Da-Don Mania - (simulator) - Update 10/21/08 [VIDEO ADDED] Keyboardlayout
*All red keys are Don
*All blue keys are Kat

Last edited by Pyrozz on Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:30 am; edited 9 times in total
Pyrozz
Pyrozz
Head of Simulation Development

Back to top Go down

Da-Don Mania - (simulator) - Update 10/21/08 [VIDEO ADDED] Empty Re: Da-Don Mania - (simulator) - Update 10/21/08 [VIDEO ADDED]

Post by Admin Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:04 pm

The game might include the original Taiko no Tatsujin skin when downloaded, I am not sure yet. I was thinking of making the game only have a basic look to it so it doesn't look like Taiko no Tatsujin and then make a download link for people to get the Taiko skin, this would avoid some legal issues with Namco.

Pyrozz, some suggestions:
For the skin, try not to use the original Taiko no Tatsujin skin nor giving links to let the rest download it. This is a tricky issue and may get you into troubles with legal issues.
Skin-wise, I'm not sure how you do it, but if possible, you can have other pictures like wallpaper as the background instead of the original. =)

Names suggestions:
TaikoSiM, TaikoPC, TaikoCon, TaikoPyrozz? Very Happy

And really kudos to you for drawing all those from stratch. Razz
Admin
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Da-Don Mania - (simulator) - Update 10/21/08 [VIDEO ADDED] Empty Re: Da-Don Mania - (simulator) - Update 10/21/08 [VIDEO ADDED]

Post by fuuyue Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:07 am

does ur full combo mode mean robot?

or does it mean u have to full combo the song... not miss a single note...
fuuyue
fuuyue
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrozz Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:42 am

@Admin
Yeah, I've already started making a "generic" skin. It has no faces or anything, it's just gradient colors ad stuff... I'm not sure what I'll put in place of the drum though. >_<

fuuyue wrote:does ur full combo mode mean robot?

or does it mean u have to full combo the song... not miss a single note...

You know on the DS version, there's the mode that when enabled, if you miss one the song just ends.
But I guess I would need to add the robot too.
Pyrozz
Pyrozz

Back to top Go down

Post by fuuyue Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:10 pm

how about a rubbish can, a pillow, a ball... an okonomiyaki!

ok i'm getting lame

yea i know abt tt mode. but i dun play it
fuuyue
fuuyue
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:58 pm

fuuyue wrote:how about a rubbish can, a pillow, a ball... an okonomiyaki!

ok i'm getting lame

@Pyrozz,
Actually, for the skin, are you referring to the background which the 3 characters dancing??

If not, do you have any examples or pic to refer to??
We can come up with ideas for you to see if it sounds nice.

And Yue's suggestion's quite creative! You can try it though, i mean it's like.. you don't need to follow exactly what the original one has, right? hahaa~

If you can draw something cute, eg. the pillow with cute watery eyes it'll be fine too, as long as it's cute and adorable. hahahaha
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by fuuyue Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:22 pm

3 dancing characters can be stickman!
hahaha simple to draw =P
fuuyue
fuuyue
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrozz Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:55 am

yuu_yuki wrote:
fuuyue wrote:how about a rubbish can, a pillow, a ball... an okonomiyaki!

ok i'm getting lame

@Pyrozz,
Actually, for the skin, are you referring to the background which the 3 characters dancing??

If not, do you have any examples or pic to refer to??
We can come up with ideas for you to see if it sounds nice.

And Yue's suggestion's quite creative! You can try it though, i mean it's like.. you don't need to follow exactly what the original one has, right? hahaa~

If you can draw something cute, eg. the pillow with cute watery eyes it'll be fine too, as long as it's cute and adorable. hahahaha

The skin of the game is actually different. A skin is a set of all images for the game. So if I made a..... Rainbow skin or something, then everything would be kind of rainbow.

But the dancing guys on the bottom shouldn't be too hard. I just have to draw them in flash and then move there arms and legs... Something like that. I am not too concerned about the dances yet.
Pyrozz
Pyrozz

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:29 am

A set of all images for the game??
That includes the notes and don dancing there plus the tamashii bar??
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrozz Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:19 am

yuu_yuki wrote:A set of all images for the game??

Yep! But some are easier to change than others. Like the tamashii bar will be easy to make a little different. However, I still don't know what to put in place of Don and Kat? They are the symbols of Taiko! Maybe I will have a person who plays taiko? Like during game play he just stands and hits the drum at a steady beat. How does that sound?
Pyrozz
Pyrozz

Back to top Go down

Post by LjSJacK Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:04 pm

I'm really looking forward to it T.T OMG. CAN'T WAIT FOR IT TO BE OUT!
LjSJacK
LjSJacK
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by fuuyue Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:40 am

Pyrozz wrote:
yuu_yuki wrote:A set of all images for the game??

Yep! But some are easier to change than others. Like the tamashii bar will be easy to make a little different. However, I still don't know what to put in place of Don and Kat? They are the symbols of Taiko! Maybe I will have a person who plays taiko? Like during game play he just stands and hits the drum at a steady beat. How does that sound?

this sounds good!
omg i cant wait!
fuuyue
fuuyue
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrozz Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:41 am

I should be posting a video within a week or so. My camera is still broken, but I realized that I can record video with my phone!
Pyrozz
Pyrozz

Back to top Go down

Post by fuuyue Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:37 am

=D
yayness to your fone!!!

looking forward
=D
fuuyue
fuuyue
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrozz Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:03 am

So I've been trying to figure out a way for the program to calculate the difficulty of a song... It seemed really hard at first, I wasn't sure where to start because I was thinking it would be really complicated.... But guess what I think I got it!

I am thinking the difficulty should be proportional to the density of notes.

So let's say the song is 10 seconds long (short song, huh?)
and there are 5 notes....
The density of the notes would be [notes per second], so the density of this example would be 5/10 = .5 notes per second
Now let's you have the same song, but now it's ONI mode, so this 10 second song would have, let's say 20 notes in it... Now the density is 20/10 = 2 notes per second!

So as the amount of notes per each second increases, the difficulty level increases... Does that sound right, or do you guys think that there are other factors that determine the difficulty of the song?
Pyrozz
Pyrozz

Back to top Go down

Post by fuuyue Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:20 pm

Pyrozz wrote:So I've been trying to figure out a way for the program to calculate the difficulty of a song... It seemed really hard at first, I wasn't sure where to start because I was thinking it would be really complicated.... But guess what I think I got it!

I am thinking the difficulty should be proportional to the density of notes.

So let's say the song is 10 seconds long (short song, huh?)
and there are 5 notes....
The density of the notes would be [notes per second], so the density of this example would be 5/10 = .5 notes per second
Now let's you have the same song, but now it's ONI mode, so this 10 second song would have, let's say 20 notes in it... Now the density is 20/10 = 2 notes per second!

So as the amount of notes per each second increases, the difficulty level increases... Does that sound right, or do you guys think that there are other factors that determine the difficulty of the song?

your deduction sounds fair enough...

but sometimes i think it has got to do with triple hits and double hits too..
its just a hunch.
cant confirm anything though...

let me go spam my DS and try to figure.
fuuyue
fuuyue
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:00 pm

This topic is the main subject of this section, so it's moved to Announcement.

=Moved to Announcement=
Admin
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrozz Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:57 pm

Admin wrote:This topic is the main subject of this section, so it's moved to Announcement.

=Moved to Announcement=

Thanks!
Pyrozz
Pyrozz

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrozz Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:57 am

I added a video. 10/21/2008
Pyrozz
Pyrozz

Back to top Go down

Post by fuuyue Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:01 am

THE VID RAWKS!
ok the simulator RAWKS EVEN MORE!!!

dancing cats!!
neko neko!
fuuyue
fuuyue
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:28 am

WoW!! Pyrozz rock!! =D
DanceDance DanceDance

By the way pyrozz, in youtube, you can add annotations to your video so that the text you enter at a particular timeline will show up when users play the video. =D
Eg. putting taiko dojo website in the annotations + in the video description. =P
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrozz Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:57 am

yuu_yuki wrote:WoW!! Pyrozz rock!! =D
DanceDance DanceDance

By the way pyrozz, in youtube, you can add annotations to your video so that the text you enter at a particular timeline will show up when users play the video. =D
Eg. putting taiko dojo website in the annotations + in the video description. =P

Haha, yeah, I am aware of that feature, but I haven't tried it yet. I play with it.
Pyrozz
Pyrozz

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:15 am

Lolz, that feature is quite useful. Especially when you don't need to spend time editing videos to put in subtitles. xD
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by 太鼓Vchan Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:53 am

Well hope it will be done soon.
Good luck working on it.
Oh by the way, I guess someone would have noticed that I am new... Razz

p.s. - 太鼓の達人!

太鼓Vchan
素人
素人

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:17 pm

太鼓Vchan wrote:Well hope it will be done soon.
Good luck working on it.
Oh by the way, I guess someone would have noticed that I am new... Razz

p.s. - 太鼓の達人!

Hi there~
*waves* Welcome to our Taiko Dojo~ =D
Glad to see a new member around too~
katWink=D
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next