Taiko Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Natsumatsuri [夏祭り] 2009 - An "Epic Blast" Event (Photos Uploaded)

+6
Skyne Keira
gepi
Rubyrain
mitsurugi
Giazenshia
まきお
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Natsumatsuri [夏祭り] 2009 - An "Epic Blast" Event (Photos Uploaded) Empty Natsumatsuri [夏祭り] 2009 - An "Epic Blast" Event (Photos Uploaded)

Post by まきお Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:21 pm

Since many were asking so much about wanting to go to Natsu Matsuri, here is the event thread for all interested members.

It is the time of the year again, where all Japanese culture fans gather to celebrate a fun event in summer. Summer is here once again and thus, there will be the Natsu Matsuri (夏祭り), or the summer festival. I finally manage to get the latest information regarding this year's summer festival.

Date: 22nd August 2009 (Saturday)
Time: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Venue: Japanese Primary School (Changi Campus)
(Event will NOT be cancelled despite wet weather)

Ticket price

• Advanced tickets: $2.00
    Day tickets: $2.00

Programme

Game stalls - cash payment, all matsuri games available, except Kingyo Sukui (金魚救い)
Food stalls - cash payment, mostly Japanese food/bento, as usual
Centre stage performance - main epicentre of Natsu Matsuri
Yukata Contest - for pictures taken at Natsu Matsuri only
Bon Odori - Natsu Matsuri's main dancing event.

How to get there

Free shuttle bus service from Singapore Expo to the Japanese School
4:00pm-7:15pm

And from the Japanese School to Singapore Expo
7:30pm→11:00pm

NO shuttle bus service from Bedok this year.

Attire

• Yukata
    Casual wear

- This is a Japanaese culture event, not sub-culture. So do not wear goth, lolita, punk or even cosplay. Just simple wear will do. It's best if you have a yukata.

Other notes: For Bon Odori, they'll be dancing to Singapore Ondo, Tanko Bushi, Soran Bushi, Doraemon Ondo, Rasa Sayang, Chan Mali Chan. In addition, they will also start to include Gake no Ue no Ponyo (Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea).

For more information, click here to visit the JAS Summer Festival website.

yupyup yupyup yupyup

Last edited by まきお on Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:20 pm; edited 4 times in total
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Natsumatsuri [夏祭り] 2009 - An "Epic Blast" Event (Photos Uploaded) Empty Re: Natsumatsuri [夏祭り] 2009 - An "Epic Blast" Event (Photos Uploaded)

Post by Giazenshia Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:49 pm

Advanced tickets at $5? No way man. I think the person got it wrong.

I'm going for sure, and I'll wear casual.

I want to make this clear as well:

DO NOT WEAR COSPA SHIRT THERE
Some of the Japanese do not really like all these stuffs and it can be sensitive to them. Just wear casual or yukata. Especially the "political" things in Japan right now with their government (Prime Minister Taro Aso) regarding Anime and stuffs.
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Natsumatsuri [夏祭り] 2009 - An "Epic Blast" Event (Photos Uploaded) Empty Re: Natsumatsuri [夏祭り] 2009 - An "Epic Blast" Event (Photos Uploaded)

Post by mitsurugi Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:49 pm

I'll be wearing a yukata, hopefully will be renting from the school itself...
I heard if you rent there must return by end of the day, but it will be very cheap XD
mitsurugi
mitsurugi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:00 pm

Currently they are looking for people who want to set up stalls at the Matsuri, but still no news of advanced and day tickets yet. I'll bring in more info when there's more news from JAS.

Advanced tickets is either $2 or $5 last year. Can't remember 'coz I got mine from my friends last year. You can't buy advanced tickets unless you are a member of JAS.

If you guys wanna rent yukata, it is better to go there as early as 4pm for a higher chance of getting one. Still, it is advisable if you have your own yukata.
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:08 pm

wads e diff between normal and advance?

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:28 pm

Advanced tickets means that you purchase the tickets before the day itself, while day tickets (normal, as you call it) is you purchase on the day itself at the place.

The biggest advantage for day tickets is that is saves you trouble from queueing up on the day itself.
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsurugi Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:07 pm

まきお wrote:Currently they are looking for people who want to set up stalls at the Matsuri, but still no news of advanced and day tickets yet. I'll bring in more info when there's more news from JAS.

Advanced tickets is either $2 or $5 last year. Can't remember 'coz I got mine from my friends last year. You can't buy advanced tickets unless you are a member of JAS.

If you guys wanna rent yukata, it is better to go there as early as 4pm for a higher chance of getting one. Still, it is advisable if you have your own yukata.

Right, will be camping at the area at about 3.30...get the tickets and go get the yukata... Smile
mitsurugi
mitsurugi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:51 pm

very tempted to go.... but i dun haf anything jappy to wear. t-shirt and jeans can la hor? LOL.

let me know the ticket prices again? thanks~

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:00 pm

Guys, I have updates. (Makio please pin this link at the top)

http://www.jas.org.sg/event/summerFes09.htm

Now I'm trying to see if I can get any advanced tickets. I'm asking my school first...

Yeah, you can wear anything casual. I'll probably be wearing a t-shirt and jeans. I might be working on that date, so worst still, I'll be wearing formal (which is okay as well)
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:10 pm

Wow you beat me to this. I was about to post the updates soon, but it seems that you discovered it first.
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsurugi Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:19 pm

Event starts at 5.30 eh... So i would still be there at 3.30, hopefully be one of the first that buys the ticket and picks the best looking yukata there... Are we allowed to buy tickets for friends?
mitsurugi
mitsurugi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:21 pm

If I'm not mistaken, yes, you can buy for friends too. But still best is if they buy their own on the day itself just in case its not allowed. Not sure what time ticket sales start though.

@Rubyrain: no you don't have to wear anything 'jappy' or whatever, just plain simple clothing will do, but try to avoid wearing trendy stuffs and cospa t-shirts, or anything related to sub-culture.

for those who are trying to source for advanced tickets, there's only 5000 on sale. hopefully we can get hold of at least 10 of them. and 22nd aug also happens to be the first day of fasting month too. for those who fast on that day, hope you guys bring some snacks and drinks coz the queue at food stalls are expected to be long.
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:06 am

まきお wrote:If I'm not mistaken, yes, you can buy for friends too. But still best is if they buy their own on the day itself just in case its not allowed. Not sure what time ticket sales start though.

@Rubyrain: no you don't have to wear anything 'jappy' or whatever, just plain simple clothing will do, but try to avoid wearing trendy stuffs and cospa t-shirts, or anything related to sub-culture.

for those who are trying to source for advanced tickets, there's only 5000 on sale. hopefully we can get hold of at least 10 of them. and 22nd aug also happens to be the first day of fasting month too. for those who fast on that day, hope you guys bring some snacks and drinks coz the queue at food stalls are expected to be long.

5000 tickets, they won't be gone that fast. I'm still trying to ask my school but no response. (Well, last year I only got my tickets like a week before the Matsuri.)
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:45 am

anyone able to help me get hold on advance tickets? i'm thinking of getting abt 6 or so. thanks ^^

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by gepi Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:22 pm

I need 3. sian. doubt I can find people who can get it.
gepi
gepi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:27 am

If cannot get then must go down straight there early early.

I asked my school le. They say MAYBE can get. Even if yes, they can only help me get at most 2 (even members who can buy pre-tickets also got limit).
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by gepi Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:33 am

Giazenshia wrote:If cannot get then must go down straight there early early.

I asked my school le. They say MAYBE can get. Even if yes, they can only help me get at most 2 (even members who can buy pre-tickets also got limit).

but how early is early. I don't mind camping.
gepi
gepi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:13 pm

gepi wrote:
Giazenshia wrote:If cannot get then must go down straight there early early.

but how early is early. I don't mind camping.

Hmm gepi you can walk there bah LOL.

Early as in around the time when the shuttle bus starts to operate around 4pm. Take the first shuttle bus should be safe le.

We all 4pm meet at expo also can if we don't have advanced tickets.
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsurugi Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:22 pm

So I guess I'll be there waiting for you guys, I'm taking a bus over to changi and walking in... I'll be going there frequently after the Os after all
mitsurugi
mitsurugi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by gepi Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:17 am

hmm walkable for me. since I walked from loyang ave to dte twice before so shouldn't be a problem. then I can strike off simei from the list of places where I want to get lost(literally) in sg.

aiyah 1 month from now then plan.
gepi
gepi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Natsumatsuri [夏祭り] 2009 - An "Epic Blast" Event (Photos Uploaded) Empty well well..

Post by Skyne Keira Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:14 am

haha,i'm sorry if i sound very a-hole,but i got a ticket.
apparently sp has tickets for students.
just some advanced ones.
its two bucks,but sold out le.
and ppl,who wants to go straight there,tell mi kay?
i can just walk straight there.
i'll be wearing my own yukata there i guess...
still hae trouble with the darn thing...grrr...
by the way,can we buy from them?
and that sounds like a hell lot of cash to bring...

Skyne Keira
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:24 pm

Skyne Keira wrote:haha,i'm sorry if i sound very a-hole,but i got a ticket.
apparently sp has tickets for students.
just some advanced ones.
its two bucks,but sold out le.
and ppl,who wants to go straight there,tell mi kay?
i can just walk straight there.
i'll be wearing my own yukata there i guess...
still hae trouble with the darn thing...grrr...
by the way,can we buy from them?
and that sounds like a hell lot of cash to bring...

Can rent at there, but must go quite early cause got limited amount.

If you going there rent, Please wear something short. (No long pants) and bring slippers or similar.

Strictly no long pants or sports/covered shoes when wearing a yukata, it's not appropriate. Wear something short (like t-shirt and shorts and bring a pair of slippers)
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:02 am

si sky!!!! never help us buy! T.T! Still thinking whether to wear yukata anot. lol. yue say wear liao very hot.

just asking cuz i not very clear. if say i wan to buy tickets now, where do i go? and its $2 also? if i'm not some JAS member or wadeva also can buy???

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:10 pm

Rubyrain wrote:si sky!!!! never help us buy! T.T! Still thinking whether to wear yukata anot. lol. yue say wear liao very hot.

just asking cuz i not very clear. if say i wan to buy tickets now, where do i go? and its $2 also? if i'm not some JAS member or wadeva also can buy???

JAS front office. Must be member then can buy.

My school hor like want to don't want to liddat... Hopefully they can make up their mind. Or I'll have to chiong there 4pm (On the day I need to go KKnM again, got huge sale... and then my stuffs... I think I need to bring a big bag liao...)
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:09 pm

how to be JAS member?

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next