Taiko Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestions to get more people talking

4 posters

Go down

Suggestions to get more people talking Empty Suggestions to get more people talking

Post by Mint Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:37 am

I know we don't have that many members at the moment, but the ratio of active posters in the dojo to the amount of people who signed up is (rather significantly) loop-sided. Since I am not privy to information like the nationality of people who signed up, I can only offer some observations and make suggestions to get more members posting, as well as expanding the dojo internationally (meaning, beyond Singaporean/Singapore-based players).

Some observations:
  • Overwhelming majority of the active posters are from Singapore. Of course, this has got to do with the fact that this forum was started by people in Singapore... Much of the chatter is rather location-based.
  • We do have individuals from other countries who are posting, but it's rather erratic. I believe one of the reasons that this dojo exists is for taiko players on different gaming platforms, around the world, to connect with one another, right? Very Happy
  • I know this is primarily a forum for Taiko no Tatsujin, and we do have threads for other music/rhythm-based games found in video arcades, but those threads are not that active (with the clear exception of Jubeat, of course!).

And now, some suggestions!
  • First of all I think I need to foreground my suggestion by stating that I am not suggesting for yet another change in the self-introduction sub-forum. Wink I think one of the reasons why us Singaporean/Singapore-based players are bonding so well is due to the common fact that we come from the same country. As I had mentioned above, much of our chatter is location-based, which makes it rather difficult for players from other countries to understand or join our chats. Perhaps we can create a space for players of the same part of the world (e.g. North America, Europe, Asia) to find each other in this forum so that the individuals who had already posted in the forum will be able to bond with people in their country who is in love with Taiko as well. I think this might make the new members from other countries feel more welcomed. Of course, we can all read each other's threads, and join in common discussions such as exchanging tips on, for example, how to deter irritating arcade patrons who disturb your gameplay. Razz
  • I also think that maybe we can have more threads that discuss interests that are not completely related to Taiko, since we do have a few threads that discusses music/rhythm-based games. Perhaps we can have threads for people who go to the arcade and only play Taiko, and they can share their experience of trying new games while having to wait for their turn at the machine etc. Or a thread for Taiko fans who enjoy other things such as soccer ("Which team in the EPL do you support?!?!?!"), books, music and etc. It's more for bonding between members of the forum. We don't need to talk about Taiko all the time, since one reason we're all here is due to our love for the game. DanceDance Why not chat a little bit about other stuff? And it might bring us some great new friends with similar interests other than Taiko. Very Happy (And anyway this suggestion was inspired by one of the very popular Harry Potter forums that I lurk at, The Leaky Lounge. They have tons of threads that don't entirely relate to the Harry Potter series, and members get the chance to bond over more of their interests other than the Harry Potter books.)

Hope to get more input, no matter positive or negative. Very Happy
Mint
Mint
見習い
見習い

Back to top Go down

Suggestions to get more people talking Empty Re: Suggestions to get more people talking

Post by ongchinkai Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:43 am

Gias started the ball rolling, so I shall keep it rolling too Very Happy
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Suggestions to get more people talking Empty Re: Suggestions to get more people talking

Post by Giazenshia Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:37 pm

Of course, gotta add one thing.

If you're the shy type or the type that doesn't like to talk a lot, we're not forcing you to post and post like crazy. Just take a small step at a time. A post a day would work as well, regardless of which section. When time pass, you'll actually feel more comfortable posting and talking more than you would actually expect.

If you have something on your mind to speak up, why not? It's not like we're taking guns and pointing at you going "what's your comment? better not be something bad or I'll shoot you".

Who knows, it might be something interesting to everything, or some good information for us.

Be open-minded ^^
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by HareHareYukai Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:31 pm

To add on:
Nothing's not worth listening. Everything has value in it, even a simple question that has been asked repeatedly.

For a start for first-time posters:
try introducing yourself. it is a big step to letting the taikodojo community know more about yourself and you will feel more welcome.

post in the happy/sad thread. that thread is very neutral to everyone. it's a space for anyone to post their opinions regarding their day, whether happy or sad. Anyone can fit into the discussion there.
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down