Taiko Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TaikoDojo birthday party?

+14
th_newbie
Suki
HareHareYukai
-x(Dex)x-
adri
gepi
Admin
yuu_yuki
Rubyrain
hayatekazama
mitsurugi
まきお
Giazenshia
ongchinkai
18 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

TaikoDojo birthday party? - Page 2 Empty Re: TaikoDojo birthday party?

Post by ongchinkai Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:21 am

There's the option of a day of outdoor activities at Sentosa. The basic plan is to spend the afternoon at Siloso beach doing beach-y things like frisbee, beach volleyball, kayaking etc, and then go for dinner together. Meeting for lunch is optional, and after-dinner activities are OTOT.

Also, thanks to Ruby who told me about the great offer at Bounce (Iluma Lv7) - FYI, staff enjoys a 50% discount on the bill, so as long we have at least one staff member (@hayate and gray: *cough cough*), we can get to eat good food (I hope?) at a relatively affordable price! The good thing about choosing this option is that being in the town area gives us more choices of pre-dinner activities, bad thing is that you cannot combine this with the previous option, since it's quite inconvenient to travel from Vivocity to Iluma.
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:52 pm

ongchinkai wrote:There's the option of a day of outdoor activities at Sentosa. The basic plan is to spend the afternoon at Siloso beach doing beach-y things like frisbee, beach volleyball, kayaking etc, and then go for dinner together. Meeting for lunch is optional, and after-dinner activities are OTOT.

Also, thanks to Ruby who told me about the great offer at Bounce (Iluma Lv7) - FYI, staff enjoys a 50% discount on the bill, so as long we have at least one staff member (@hayate and gray: *cough cough*), we can get to eat good food (I hope?) at a relatively affordable price! The good thing about choosing this option is that being in the town area gives us more choices of pre-dinner activities, bad thing is that you cannot combine this with the previous option, since it's quite inconvenient to travel from Vivocity to Iluma.

I remember bus 80 can bring you from Harbour Front Interhcange to Bugis Station. So I think we still can go to Bounce...

And one more thing. As for board games, we can actually hit nebo. I believe most of us have coupons that can be used, such as free drinks, free 1 hour of board games and etc etc. If people are willing to use them, I think it can cut quite a lot of our cost.

Oh and, please remove the deep water activities, not all of us can swim (I can't) and to prevent accidents from happening.
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:45 pm

dinner at nebo is very ex leh... i rather take bus 80 from vivo to iluma. even if u train, its not very far... from harbourfront to outram is only one or 2 stops i think. and from outram to bugis another few stops.

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by adri Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:59 am

i still vote for taiko =.=||
adri
adri
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by -x(Dex)x- Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:43 am

Question : Is Bounce Halah?
-x(Dex)x-
-x(Dex)x-
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:42 am

It should be, since makio didn't have any probs eating there.

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:24 pm

Nah, not really. I only avoid eating the meat and chicken stuff, that's all.

As for the outing, I still feel that Sentosa is indeed a very good idea. We don't really have to pay anything much (other than the $3 island entrance fee). And also, its really very rare that we have a beach outing too, so I think this is a good opportunity to go out and have fun, instead of playing Taiko, or jubeat, or maybe hanging out at Bounce or Seven all the time.

Activity-wise, for those who can't really swim, they don't really have to. But for those who can, why not? Lots of fun activities can be enjoyed there without even having to pay a single cent (other than kayaking, for those who are interested). Food-wise, we can bring our own packed lunch there (maybe a giant picnic basket will be great XD)

After-dinner activities, some of us are going to KTV at Orchard. For those interested to tag along, let me know.
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by HareHareYukai Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:54 pm

Came back to post for taikodojo's bday! =D

I think the sentosa thing isnt such a bad idea =)

Disagree with taiko cuz its so common =X

Would be great if food was affordable and well, the whole day affordable as well.

As a founder member, I'm looking forward to it! (Jiayou chinkai for taking the initiative!)
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by -x(Dex)x- Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:31 pm

Haha i dont mind sentosa either : P
-x(Dex)x-
-x(Dex)x-
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:40 pm

I'm okay with anything. Sentosa is fine with me, but I'm not doing any water activities.

Remember to bring a camera! (If you have one)

And for the after dinner activities, I'm going for the KTV...
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsurugi Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:58 pm

Cash studios? If that's so I'm going Very Happy (For the sake of finally seeing anime songs in KTV)
I really don't mind anything, so I'm ok with anything Very Happy
mitsurugi
mitsurugi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by hayatekazama Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:20 am

well i can go for the ktv too cos i'm now trying to get two days off.. both this coming sat and sun so i can at least enjoy at night too.. lol, yea sentosa is fun
hayatekazama
hayatekazama
駆けだし
駆けだし

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:36 am

@brandon: we'll be bringing our own food for a picnic there, and dinner at bounce shld cost u less than $10. affordable enuf lah. lol..

not going to KTV. i dun sing jap songs. xP

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by -x(Dex)x- Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:52 pm

Lol, you try so hard to get KTV khakis now dun want to go.

Anyway i have a dinner appointment at night so ill be joining you guys for the day only.
-x(Dex)x-
-x(Dex)x-
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:36 am

haha i go also no use ma... i can't sing jap, and the system there.. if u wanna sing chinese, got to switch here and there. ma fan lah. lol~

yay to dinner @ bounce!!!

so ck, can we start confirming the details? like where and wad time we're going to meet, the no. of ppl going, and who to bring wad etc.?

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:54 am

Rubyrain wrote:haha i go also no use ma... i can't sing jap, and the system there.. if u wanna sing chinese, got to switch here and there. ma fan lah. lol~

yay to dinner @ bounce!!!

so ck, can we start confirming the details? like where and wad time we're going to meet, the no. of ppl going, and who to bring wad etc.?

Lol so ma fan ah? But nevermind. If I get to sing Japanese songs then I'm okay... Kurenai anyone? lol

Now got sore throat and worst of all, my oversensitive nose got sprayed with thinner and blank paint... I'm sneezing air non stop, and also feeling very irritated inside... and itchy.

Hope it will go off fast, hopefully by Friday.
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by hayatekazama Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:26 pm

i successfully got offs on both days sat and sun.. wahahaha make sure to count me in.. lol
hayatekazama
hayatekazama
駆けだし
駆けだし

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:11 pm

Since it's already Wednesday, and i still don't see any confirmation, we'll set it like this:

1) Sentosa, meet at around 10.30am 11am at habour front mrt
(Meet early cos' some people sure late. Then in the end sure waste lotsa time. Sentosa from Morning to Afternoon/Evening, depending how you guys wanna "beach" around. I'll need to go off earlier for the cake collection)

2) Collection of cake @ around 6.30pm/7pm, probably around bugis there i guess. And don't worry, i'll bear the cost of the cake fully if none of you guys wanna pay. =)
(I'll be ordering the cake later. So hopefully it can send the order to bugis side so ithe collection can be done there near iluma. Zabor & Sky, i'll like both of you to go with me if possible. haha, and whoever wanna follow can tag along too)

3) Dinner @ Bounce
(Hopefully we can bring in the Halal TaikoDojo cake into there so we can light the candles and celebrate our tkdj anniversary together, Is Adri fine with it??)

4) Free and Easy
(go home, hang around iluma or KTV, depends on each person. I'm gonna hang around iluma for sure. haha)

Last edited by yuu_yuki on Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsurugi Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:17 pm

Sounds good to me, thank you Yuu for the cake Very Happy
mitsurugi
mitsurugi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:39 pm

@ Yuu: thinking of making sandwiches. go ur hse sat morning? omg no need slp liao... collect cake no prob. and u can arrange for the bounce manager to help us keep e cake until after dinner de. gray will be joining us for dinner since his shift has been changed to morning until 5pm. i think we set e meeting time at 11? den drag drag drag, ppl reach abt 11.30. reach sentosa 12 plus den settle down to munch den go play? 10.30 like a lil too early eh...

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:16 am

Rubyrain wrote:@ Yuu: thinking of making sandwiches. go ur hse sat morning? omg no need slp liao... collect cake no prob. and u can arrange for the bounce manager to help us keep e cake until after dinner de. gray will be joining us for dinner since his shift has been changed to morning until 5pm. i think we set e meeting time at 11? den drag drag drag, ppl reach abt 11.30. reach sentosa 12 plus den settle down to munch den go play? 10.30 like a lil too early eh...

Okay, guys, we meet at habour front mrt @ 11am this sat.

Zabor, i'm okay with it but my mum says don't want any guests at our home for now.. =_=ll
Really paiseh.. u make the sandwiches at ur side bahz. Or ask yue? Her family don't mind.

Btw, I've ordered the cake liaoz. Need to collect it by 6.30pm @ bugis junction.
I've also invited Alex over since he's working morning shift this sat. He's currently down with fever, so hopefully he'll be able to join us this sat.
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:22 am

Wow it looks like the programme has been planned out quite well already. Here, let me help out by suggesting the stuffs that we'll most likely need, since I'm like neither working nor studying for now.

Who's Going?

Okay, first of all we need to know how many people are going to Sentosa. For now, the people that I know going are:
- まきお
- Giazenshia
- yuu_yuki
- Skyne_Keira
- ongchinkai
- Rubyrain
- hayatekazama
- mitsurugi
- -x(Dex)x-
- adri
- HareHareYukai

That makes it 11 for now. And as mentioned by ruby, gray will be joining us only after dinner, but not at Sentosa though. Still yet to hear from jenny, kokkian, gepi, alex, Kyon, mint, YM, suki, cats, fuuyue, meow, fishster, th_newbie and some others whom I've not mentioned.

What to bring?

As we know, the place we are going is Sentosa, so its all about the sand and the sea. Which means, we're all going to picnic by the beach. Thus, we will definitely need to bring these.
For everyone, ensure that each and everyone of you bring these stuffs for personal usage:
- Extra clothes, for you will definitely get wet
- Towel
- Sunblock
- Toiletries
- Slippers
- Floats, for those who need it only
- Food, bring the amount you need for yourself and also to share among everyone. Bring stuffs like sandwiches, fried rice, bee hoon, chicken, etc. And pls think about me and adri when bringing food XD.

We'll need to appoint some people to bring stuffs mentioned below. Let us know by tomorrow if you have any of these stuffs and I will indicate your names beside them:
- Beach mats, bring a big one for everyone to sit on
- Umbrella, just in case
- Beach ball, or volleyball
- Frisbee
- Portable radio, or battery-operated speakers, to plug in music from mp3 player
- Camera, for memories' sake
- Paper utensils, for those who are bring food such as rice, kway teow, etc
- Ice, and syrup, for making cold drinks.
- Pails, for collecting water
- Flask of hot water

Where and what time to meet/leave?

Already mentioned by yuu. But to prevent any latecomers, those who come later than 11am will be made to drink "poison" water? Just a suggestion. And if we can reach Siloso beach by 11.30am, we'll definitely have more than enough time to enjoy. And we shall be able to leave latest by 6pm in time for a great dinner celebration at Bounce @ iluma.

PS. Cake-wise, me and adri should be fine with it as long as there's no alcoholic ingredients in it ^^"

Wet Weather plans?

In the event of a wet weather, all are to help evacuate everything to a nearby shelter and enjoy each other's company while waiting for the rain to stop.

After-dinner activities?

- For those who needed to go home , please carry on.
- For those who plan to hang around at Tornado, feel free to do so.
- For those who want to go with me and a few others to Cash Studio (KTV) for a night of singing, do let me know LATEST by Thursday night, so that I can book the place in advance. Timing yet to be confirmed, and depending on how long the dinner will last, I can possibly think its either 10pm or 11pm. For this event, we'll be singing mostly J-pop, anime, J-rock and enka. And do take note that the lyrics are in Japanese, so for those who can't read basic hiragana or katakana, feel free to bring your own romanized lyrics from home if you like. More details on this event coming up soon. We'll be expecting to end quite late, and so since its a Saturday night, be prepared to take a NightRider home.

PS, gias I may need your student CEPAS card too for further discount

I hope this will be useful to everyone. Let's make this Saturday a fun and memorable one yeah DanceDance

Last edited by まきお on Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:40 am

Erm, i thought ruby's going to Sentosa??
Btw, don't worry, the cake's halal. =3

Camera, camera, please bring more cam to the dinner, must photo the cake and us!!
Feel free to post it up in FB taikodojo page!! =D

Btw, i'm not in the mood for any water on me cos' i won't be bringing extra clothes, please respect if i don't want it. Thank you. I just want a good tan on my arms, that's all. You guys go play bahz.

Last edited by yuu_yuki on Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:46 am

Makio, the student CEPAS is always with me all the time so don't worry.

I'll stock up more on Panadol as well as Gastric pills, some plasters and etc. In case.

Also, drop the pail. It's too bulky to bring to Sentosa and then to Bounce later.

As for umbrella, I always have one inside my bag, although it can only hold 3 people.

As for beach wise, I recommend Palawan Beach (We can cross the suspension beach and camp there if there's no one). Siloso beach is... too dirty from all my past experiences.
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:52 am

yuu_yuki wrote:Erm, i thought ruby's going to Sentosa??
Btw, don't worry, the cake's halal. =3

Camera, camera, please bring more cam to the dinner, must photo the cake and us!!
Feel free to post it up in FB taikodojo page!! =D

Btw, i'm not in the mood for any water on me cos' i won't be bringing extra clothes, please respect if i don't want it. Thank you. I just want a good tan on my arms, that's all. You guys go play bahz.

hmm? well yeah she is... her name's in the list. Its gray thats not going.
Btw you have a frisbee or a volleyball, right?

Giazenshia wrote:Makio, the student CEPAS is always with me all the time so don't worry.

I'll stock up more on Panadol as well as Gastric pills, some plasters and etc. In case.

Also, drop the pail. It's too bulky to bring to Sentosa and then to Bounce later.

As for umbrella, I always have one inside my bag, although it can only hold 3 people.

As for beach wise, I recommend Palawan Beach (We can cross the suspension beach and camp there if there's no one). Siloso beach is... too dirty from all my past experiences.

Well for the beach, have to see what others say. As for the pail, its for collecting clean tap water from toilets, but I might want to switch it to disposable plastic bottles maybe.

Maybe you can bring a mat?
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next