Taiko Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TaikoDojo birthday party?

+14
th_newbie
Suki
HareHareYukai
-x(Dex)x-
adri
gepi
Admin
yuu_yuki
Rubyrain
hayatekazama
mitsurugi
まきお
Giazenshia
ongchinkai
18 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

TaikoDojo birthday party? - Page 3 Empty Re: TaikoDojo birthday party?

Post by yuu_yuki Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:24 am

まきお wrote:
yuu_yuki wrote:Erm, i thought ruby's going to Sentosa??
Btw, don't worry, the cake's halal. =3

Camera, camera, please bring more cam to the dinner, must photo the cake and us!!
Feel free to post it up in FB taikodojo page!! =D

Btw, i'm not in the mood for any water on me cos' i won't be bringing extra clothes, please respect if i don't want it. Thank you. I just want a good tan on my arms, that's all. You guys go play bahz.

hmm? well yeah she is... her name's in the list. Its gray thats not going.
Btw you have a frisbee or a volleyball, right?

I used to have. Remember i told ruby that I threw away my frisbee a few months ago cos' bought it for years and no one's playing? silent

Any guitarist around here? You can bring your guitar and play. =D
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by gepi Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:25 am

probably I'll just have dinner then disappear.
gepi
gepi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by hayatekazama Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:45 am

i will redeem one frisbee for us on this sat.. we got them in mushroom.. LOL
hayatekazama
hayatekazama
駆けだし
駆けだし

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:02 am

Sorry I haven't been updating this, 'cos I've been running around attending interviews and so on, so I've been quite busy...but it's great to see that everyone is taking the initiative to keep things going! At least I know there will be people to keep things going if I'm not around, LOL! Smile
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:08 am

I'll just bring pills (panadol and gastric) and some first aid stuffs in case people get injured or something similar. And sorry, I don't have a mat to spare.

When I get back home I'll see if I can dig up anymore things...
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:34 am

Replace pail with 1.5 water bottles instead. btw why we need tap water ar? lol~

Foodwise, if u're bringing homemade, bring something light and easy to eat, like sandwiches or salads etc. if u really wanna go to e extreme to fry bee hoon or wadeva (which i think no one will lah...), pls bring in disposable trays or containers so that we dun have to wash and carry it around when we leave e place.

So far 11 ppl. So how many sandwiches I need to make huh?

@ Yuu: Its okay lah, i think i make at home. no energy to drag myself to ur hse also... LOL. I MAY be late, depending on wad time i manage to wake up and whether i can get gray's dad to tompang me to harbourfront. xD Oh, and just bring an extra set of clothes lah. In case ba. Maybe the wave too big den u sit there also kena leh? Never know rite? Lol.

I dun have any frisbee or radio or any beachy stuff leh. Maybe I'll kop e soccer ball from gray's hse?

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:13 pm

@ongchinkai: Don't worry, CK. We got everything planned just the way we all like it. Maybe you can help post up the finalized details on your first post of this thread?

@yuu_yuki: Ruby's right btw. You don't necessarily have to be wet just because of some guys who might want to throw you into the sea (hahahaha, will there be?), but if the weather is hot, you may sweat alot.... and when it rains, you may get wet too, even though I have came out with the wet weather plans... so its better to be safe than sorry, just bring them ^^ As for guitar, I'm not sure who can play here, although we do have some pianists, but hey, I think music from out mp3 players via speakers should do great.

@Rubyrain:
what kind of sandwiches you making? I was initially thinking of making some too, but since you already decided to make them, I'll think of something else~ Tap water is drinkable, thus we can use it to make cordial syrup on that day. Hmm, how about getting the big plastic toy ball that costs around $3? its soft and bouncy too... I'm fine with soccer ball though. For the radio, I think I'll just bring my portable PSP speakers. Now what I'm really looking into is for some of us to bring some beach mats; that's where all of us are going to sit on.

@hayatekazama:
Great!! Thanks alot for the frisbee. You got a beach mat at home btw?

@Giazenshia: Alright, bring any of your finest first aid medication which you deem necessary on that day. We may never know who might fall sick suddenly, and my medical skills alone can't really be 100% effective.

Okay, based from the response above, I shall make some amendments to the stuffs that only some of us need to bring.

まきお wrote:
We'll need to appoint some people to bring stuffs mentioned below. Let us know by tomorrow if you have any of these stuffs and I will indicate your names beside them:

- Beach mats, bring a big one for everyone to sit on (for now it'll be Skyne_Keira, ongchinkai, HareHareYukai, adri, hayatekazama)
- Umbrella, just in case (まきお, Giazenshia, -x(Dex)x-)
- Beach ball, or volleyball (Rubyrain)
- Frisbee (hayatekazama)
- Portable radio, or battery-operated speakers, to plug in music from mp3 player (まきお)
- Camera, for memories' sake (まきお, Rubyrain, ongchinkai, yuu_yuki)
- Paper utensils, for those who are bring food such as rice, kway teow, etc (on hold, we need to know who will bring rice, bee hoon, etc)
- Ice, and syrup, for making cold drinks. (we can all buy on the day itself)
- Disposable styrofoam container for storing ice, get a cheaper type (adri)
- Pails, for collecting water 1.5litre bottles, for collecting water (HareHareYukai, mitsurugi)
- Flask of hot water (for now it'll be yuu_yuki, Skyne_Keira)
- First aid/medication (Giazenshia)

Alright, this shall be the tentative listing of who needs to bring what on that day itself, based on who are going on that day; for some will need to get hold of these items first. Finalized listing shall be posted latest tomorrow afternoon. And if you still have some stuffs that you deem necessary to bring, let us know too. For those who seldom log on to this forum, do help inform them via SMS.

And for those who just see this post and is interested to join in the outing, let us know too. For now, it's still 11 people confirmed going.

And just a word of advice to those who can't really swim: don't go too far out into the water. I can't be like a lifeguard to everyone.
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Suki Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:53 pm

ugh about that... XD i cant go to sentosa XD cant really go to beach places... but can i join you guy for after the sentosa events? like the dinner thing and after events...?

Suki
素人
素人

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:09 pm

@makio: we can just drink normal 1.5litre kind of water. no need to do mixes ba...

cuz there will be after dinner activites and i dun think any of us will wan go lug around unnecessary baggage after such a long day. unless u really dun mind.

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by th_newbie Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:12 pm

Sorry , cannot go this time :X Happy advanced birthday too ! Very Happy

btw cats also say she cannot go
th_newbie
th_newbie
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:33 pm

I'll provide some snacks as well, like potato chips etc etc.

List to bring for me:

Umbrella (Always in the bag)
Potato chips (Snacks)

Medications (In my First Aid Kit):
- Paracetamol (Generic ones)
- Gastric Pills
- Panadol Cold/Flu Relief
- Panadol Extra
- 3ml ~70% Isopropanol and 5ml dH2O
- Plasters/Bandages

Anything else for the First Aid Kit you want me to bring along? If I have them at home.
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by -x(Dex)x- Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:40 pm

I think i've got a volleyball lying somewhere
-x(Dex)x-
-x(Dex)x-
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:21 am

まきお wrote:
We'll need to appoint some people to bring stuffs mentioned below. Let us know by tomorrow if you have any of these stuffs and I will indicate your names beside them:

- Beach mats, bring a big one for everyone to sit on (for now it'll be Skyne_Keira, ongchinkai, HareHareYukai, adri, hayatekazama)
- Umbrella, just in case (まきお, Giazenshia, -x(Dex)x-)
- Beach ball, or volleyball (Rubyrain)
- Frisbee (hayatekazama)
- Portable radio, or battery-operated speakers, to plug in music from mp3 player (まきお)
- Camera, for memories' sake (まきお, Rubyrain, ongchinkai, yuu_yuki)
- Paper utensils, for those who are bring food such as rice, kway teow, etc (on hold, we need to know who will bring rice, bee hoon, etc)
- Ice, and syrup, for making cold drinks. (we can all buy on the day itself)
- Disposable styrofoam container for storing ice, get a cheaper type (adri)
- Pails, for collecting water 1.5litre bottles, for collecting water (HareHareYukai, mitsurugi)
- Flask of hot water (for now it'll be yuu_yuki, Skyne_Keira)
- First aid/medication (Giazenshia)

Erm, sorry but who said i'll be bringing camera or flask of hot water?
Don't anyhow appoint without asking me if i have the items or not.
I don't own any camera to begin with (except for my lousy hp cam). =_=ll
As for the flask of hot water, my home only have one small bottle-type, which my mum need to store hot water. I don't think i can bring that out.

And btw, did you ask and confirm with the rest before putting down their names here?
Just for info, sky is working till 2pm and will not be joining us in Sentosa.
I understand that you have the initiative and hope that everything goes well, but i'll appreciate IF you ask the people personally and get a confirmed answer before causally putting their names there. Else, there's sure to have some disagreements and unhappiness.

Suki wrote:ugh about that... XD i cant go to sentosa XD cant really go to beach places... but can i join you guy for after the sentosa events? like the dinner thing and after events...?

If you can't go to Sentosa, it's all right. Feel free to join us during dinner~
But at least must bring some money to buy your food. haha xD

Last edited by yuu_yuki on Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:45 am

Rubyrain wrote:Replace pail with 1.5 water bottles instead. btw why we need tap water ar? lol~

Foodwise, if u're bringing homemade, bring something light and easy to eat, like sandwiches or salads etc. if u really wanna go to e extreme to fry bee hoon or wadeva (which i think no one will lah...), pls bring in disposable trays or containers so that we dun have to wash and carry it around when we leave e place.

So far 11 ppl. So how many sandwiches I need to make huh?

Hohohoho, you'll be surprised.
I'm the type of "extreme" person, remember?? Keke~
My mum's gonna fry bee hoon for all of us in the morning, so i'll be bringing. ^-^
BUuuuuuT on one condition:

I think i've made enough contribution for the taikodojo cake and bee hoon liaoz, so it's fair that some of you will have to bring paper plates or plastic utensils for us. Sorry I won't be bringing those with me.

As for the sandwich, you make two loaf of it and cut it in quarters. So enough to share cos' the bee hoon only enough to eat for "fun".

NOTE:
Not that i want to say, but..
To some of you out there in advance, please don't expect me or debbie to feed you guys till you're full. Please do your fair share and bring some food to share as well.
NO PORK & NO BEEF please. =)
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:42 am

Let's see...I don't have a mat, but I do have a volleyball Smile

I'll have to go look for the camera, but my brother may need it to (it's not mine) so don't count on it! =\

And more importantly, I might only be able to turn up in the afternoon because I have an important appointment in the morning.
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by hayatekazama Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:57 am

no beach mat.. lolx rarely go there, hmm.. frisbee? can can.. np but not sure if u guys like it or not i just scare its lousy.. seeing as most of the stuffs mini toons send to mushroom for redeem is always.. deflect.. >_>

ahh well, den i will get the paper plates and utensils, or is plastic ones better? might get some snacks too who noes.. chipsters anyone? or pringles? gonna buy all this tml since I will be working night shift tml.. planning to wake up at 12noon get ready and hopefully by 2pm can start to go shopping.. need to prepare a bag big enough for this..
hayatekazama
hayatekazama
駆けだし
駆けだし

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:59 am

Rubyrain wrote:@makio: we can just drink normal 1.5litre kind of water. no need to do mixes ba...

cuz there will be after dinner activites and i dun think any of us will wan go lug around unnecessary baggage after such a long day. unless u really dun mind.

Hmmm, ok sure, I guess you're right. If everyone agrees to just drinking 1.5litre soft drinks or Pokka, then lets shelve the idea of bringing empty 1.5litre bottles for collecting clean tap water. As for the ice, to keep the drinks cold for a prolonged period of time, any better ideas besides the disposable styrofoam ice box?

-x(Dex)x- wrote:I think i've got a volleyball lying somewhere

That'll be great. If you can find it, could you bring it? Then Ruby won't have to bring Gray's soccer ball anymore XD

Giazenshia wrote:I'll provide some snacks as well, like potato chips etc etc.

List to bring for me:

Umbrella (Always in the bag)
Potato chips (Snacks)

Medications (In my First Aid Kit):
- Paracetamol (Generic ones)
- Gastric Pills
- Panadol Cold/Flu Relief
- Panadol Extra
- 3ml ~70% Isopropanol and 5ml dH2O
- Plasters/Bandages

Anything else for the First Aid Kit you want me to bring along? If I have them at home.

Whoa, I think thats really good enough Thanks for willing to bring them ^^

yuu_yuki wrote:Erm, sorry but who said i'll be bringing camera or flask of hot water?
Don't anyhow appoint without asking me if i have the items or not.
I don't own any camera to begin with (except for my lousy hp cam). =_=ll
As for the flask of hot water, my home only have one small bottle-type, which my mum stores need to store hot water. I don't think i can bring that out.

And btw, did you ask and confirm with the rest before putting down their names here?
Just for info, sky is working till 2pm and will not be joining us in Sentosa.
I understand that you have the initiative and hope that everything goes well, but i'll appreciate IF you ask the people personally and get a confirmed answer before causally putting their names there. Else, there's sure to have some disagreements and unhappiness.

Whoa, well I'm sorry. Didn't really expect anyone might flare up suddenly. Well I didn't really mean to casually put anyone's names; its just that I'm afraid nobody might bring certain stuffs needed and many may tend to ask like "Where is the thing... why no one bring" and stuffs, which is why I try to allocate certain people to certain items to see if they have it or are able to source for them. If they don't have it, then its okay, I'll try to figure out other alternatives. And I'm also hoping that everyone can bring a fair share of items too, rather than one person bringing so many things for everyone. And for some of the items above, I did ask personally and got a confirmed answer.

Don't worry, the list above is only tentative, will be subjected to changes depending on the situation. Its okay if you have no camera (I always thought you have one -_-") or a flask. I'll see what I can do. For the camera, can still rely on mine, and hopefully afew others who might have one ^^

And oh, Sky now has to work on that day till 2pm? Alright, now we are down to 10 people for now.
And CK can only come in the afternoon, but we'll still count him in since he's still going~

ongchinkai wrote:Let's see...I don't have a mat, but I do have a volleyball Smile

I'll have to go look for the camera, but my brother may need it to (it's not mine) so don't count on it! =

And more importantly, I might only be able to turn up in the afternoon because I have an important appointment in the morning.

Its okay, no need to bring the camera then. Bring anything you think its necessary. You can bring your volleyball in the afternoon too if you like ^^

hayatekazama wrote:no beach mat.. lolx rarely go there, hmm.. frisbee? can can.. np but not sure if u guys like it or not i just scare its lousy.. seeing as most of the stuffs mini toons send to mushroom for redeem is always.. deflect.. >_>

ahh well, den i will get the paper plates and utensils, or is plastic ones better? might get some snacks too who noes.. chipsters anyone? or pringles? gonna buy all this tml since I will be working night shift tml.. planning to wake up at 12noon get ready and hopefully by 2pm can start to go shopping.. need to prepare a bag big enough for this..

Oh THANK YOU for the paper plates and utensils.... don't worry about the beach mat. I'll see if I can borrow one from my friends. And I saw the frisbee today... hmm its the paper-type, but I think it should do fine, hopefully the wind don't blow it to sea~ lol
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

TaikoDojo birthday party? - Page 3 Empty Well,you could have ASKED.

Post by Skyne Keira Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:27 am

Makio,I'm sorry if what I am about to say makes you unhappy,or anyone else in Dojo for that matter,but I think I really have to clarify matters.
I don't think its really nice to do things your way.
I mean,the planning is fine and everything.
But you could ask regarding the bringing of things couldn't you?
I mean,regardless of whether you knew I was going,you neither dropped me an sms nor a call,and happily put my name here.
That was really nice of you.
I mean,you could have just said "Skyne will bring the entire moon down to Sentosa for you people."
And I can do that,serious.
I don't know if you are just plain ignorant of certain words in the english vocabulary like "communication","preparation","decency to be polite" and last but not least "ASKING".
I don't mind the fact that we sometimes are asked to cheer for you when you are attempting some stunts,or the fact that Saitama is a song that I can fc double drumming.
I don't mind just standing there pretending to be a by-passer impressed by you and your double drumming.
But what I cannot stand,is being volunteered to do something that I never signed up for.
I think it would be unfair to do that to me because after that,some people might feel that I cannot be depended on to do things,although seriously,I never asked for it.
I might be able to cancel my work appointment people,so I just might be able to go meet you guys.
But flask of hot water seems a little beyond what I can bring.
I try to see what I can bring...

And makio,if you had asked,I wouldn't have had to scream and rant about all this to begin with.
You may think I am being anal-retentive in this area,but I strongly believe in having a decency to ask the person in question about a subject,not blind-volunteerism.

Skyne Keira
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:35 am

Lax all~ i wanna go relax tml de leh.. shake hands and "jiang he" kk? haha.

btw i also not bringing camera. my samsung de sucks like hell and e new one is too heavy to lug around. xD

@haya: thx for volunteering to bring paper plates and utensils. i MIGHT also bring some, depending on whether i can find where my mom kept them.

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:43 am

Please relax. No need to get worked up too much. Just be happy on the day itself can liao.

One thing though, if we have to buy things (like ice, drinks and etc), never do it at Sentosa. It's far too expensive. Bring it from outside.

We can go to the mall (was is at World Trade Center?) where there's a supermarket (I think Cold Storage).

So where do you wanna all meet at? Harbour Front MRT control station (fare gate there?)
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Pikachuu Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:37 am

Hmm, just saw this thread today. Happy birthday to TKDJ =D.

Won't be going for the outing 'cause I have fyp and not really a beach person >.<.

Have fun!

Pikachuu
へたっび
へたっび

Back to top Go down

Post by jenny_amh Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:06 pm

sat i will be working from 9am to 10pm =_='''.. unable to attend.. kok kian wont be joining also.. since his book out time is like very late at night.. have fun guys~~ and chill-out~
jenny_amh
jenny_amh
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsurugi Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:45 pm

Relax everyone, it's a happy occasion Very Happy
I was thinking I'll just bring some snacks, and bring about 4 bottles of 1.5 litre drinks to there... Any preference anyone? If not I'll be getting coke 100plus kikapoo(?) and maybe plain water... Or will I need more?
mitsurugi
mitsurugi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:14 pm

mitsurugi wrote:Relax everyone, it's a happy occasion Very Happy
I was thinking I'll just bring some snacks, and bring about 4 bottles of 1.5 litre drinks to there... Any preference anyone? If not I'll be getting coke 100plus kikapoo(?) and maybe plain water... Or will I need more?

You can get the heavy stuffs near there, I remember there is a supermarket at World Trade Center.
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by -x(Dex)x- Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:23 pm

Want me to bring Vodka? XD

(Im joking btw, its all for me)

But i seriously think WAY too much planning has gone into a beach outing XD
-x(Dex)x-
-x(Dex)x-
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next