Taiko Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Distress Thread

+17
angelint960123
-x(Dex)x-
th_newbie
jenny_amh
ongchinkai
まきお
Hui
Kyon
PegaKok
hayatekazama
cats_and_corgi
Zenova
Giazenshia
gepi
mitsurugi
Rubyrain
yuu_yuki
21 posters

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

The Distress Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Distress Thread

Post by Rubyrain Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:28 am

yuu_yuki wrote:
Rubyrain wrote:monday-fri= admin. sat& sun=counter staff at dance school.

Eh? you mean xiaohui's dance school? I thought it's closed on sat&sun?? o.O

sat and sun are e 2 busiest days. its only closed during "term holidays", which is not now. i'll be at the yishun branch. the one opposite chong pang where we ate the nasi lemak during the sell-UFO thingy.

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by PegaKok Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:47 am

Rubyrain wrote:
yuu_yuki wrote:

sat and sun are e 2 busiest days. its only closed during "term holidays", which is not now. i'll be at the yishun branch. the one opposite chong pang where we ate the nasi lemak during the sell-UFO thingy.

Orh... Yishun (Chong Pang). *Ahem*
PegaKok
PegaKok
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:16 pm

Rubyrain wrote:
yuu_yuki wrote:

That UFO thingy is............. nightmare in some sense..
But it makes me appreciate what i have now.. haha

Then again.... I'm super stressed right this moment....
Don't understand why.. T-T
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:21 pm

Zabor... dun talk to me abt stress man... i Might not be taking on the job....still deciding whether to focus on studies or money.

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkOni++ Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:57 pm

Rubyrain wrote:Zabor... dun talk to me abt stress man... i Might not be taking on the job....still deciding whether to focus on studies or money.

If I'm you, I'll keep on to studies cos who knows? If you get a degree or sth you can get better jobs with more pay?

DarkOni++
駆けだし
駆けだし

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:54 pm

DarkOni++ wrote:
Rubyrain wrote:Zabor... dun talk to me abt stress man... i Might not be taking on the job....still deciding whether to focus on studies or money.

If I'm you, I'll keep on to studies cos who knows? If you get a degree or sth you can get better jobs with more pay?

better jobs don't necessarily mean happy working. maybe its just me la. i like the place i'm at now. i like my colleagues and my boss and i'm fine with my pay. just not fine with all the burdens that keep cropping up. and i'm abit put off studying because after so long i realise that all that studying is actually useless. none of it actually applies to the industry, except that piece of paper u get at the end of the entire course. Sian~

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by hayatekazama Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:56 am

Rubyrain wrote:
DarkOni++ wrote:

better jobs don't necessarily mean happy working. maybe its just me la. i like the place i'm at now. i like my colleagues and my boss and i'm fine with my pay. just not fine with all the burdens that keep cropping up. and i'm abit put off studying because after so long i realise that all that studying is actually useless. none of it actually applies to the industry, except that piece of paper u get at the end of the entire course. Sian~

I totally agree with u on this point, seriously there are jobs out there that actually dont even need a degree and still have fun which is something i would like, yes getting a job with more pay is good.. more money wat, but if the job is like shitty? people there like always got problem? boss mistreats? which is better? actually this is more on individual la, for me is i like work that is fun. Cool
hayatekazama
hayatekazama
駆けだし
駆けだし

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:21 am

hayatekazama wrote:
Rubyrain wrote:
DarkOni++ wrote:

I totally agree with u on this point, seriously there are jobs out there that actually dont even need a degree and still have fun which is something i would like, yes getting a job with more pay is good.. more money wat, but if the job is like shitty? people there like always got problem? boss mistreats? which is better? actually this is more on individual la, for me is i like work that is fun. Cool

well its better to have a job at least. im still jobless now.
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by gepi Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:20 pm

having a shitty job with good pay is nonetheless better than having a shitty job with shitty pay. ok lah I'm feeling a bit nostalgic since after all I've worked/chiong sua/lobo for all except two months of my ns life.

24 more days. time to book btt.
gepi
gepi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:05 pm

Rubyrain wrote:
DarkOni++ wrote:

Zabor, welcome to the reality.
Although having a "piece of paper" doesn't mean that person can work in the field that he/she studies in, at the end of the day, we still need that piece of paper to land in a better position of the hierarchy. E.g. You're in your company and you feel happy, but after getting that piece of paper, you never know that you are eligible for a pay raise and higher position.

Studying is useless, yes, but don't forget we're living in a very materialistic country. zzzz
A person's talented in some field but won't be able to get recognized cos' this person doesn't have the cert. Another person who is so-so or below-average in the field but have the cert. Most probably the latter will be able to land a job cos' of that "paper".
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:36 pm

haha i'm getting my CAT soon. Hope my boss will raise my pay lor. LOL. as for higher position arh... no way to rise liao, unless the accts girl quit. which is impossible de.

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:31 am

Rubyrain wrote:haha i'm getting my CAT soon. Hope my boss will raise my pay lor. LOL. as for higher position arh... no way to rise liao, unless the accts girl quit. which is impossible de.

Make her quit. Muahahahaha
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:31 am

ppl is the boss de " gan nu er" leh. i think i kena sack more likely wor.

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by jenny_amh Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:15 am

まきお wrote:well its better to have a job at least. im still jobless now.

ZoneX is hiring.. JP one.. they keep asking me to work at there and quit my subway job.. lol.. i don know wat to do sia..

EDIT: need to edit since makio already say he found the job at ICA.. haiz..
jenny_amh
jenny_amh
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by PegaKok Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:59 am

jenny_amh wrote:

ZoneX is hiring.. JP one.. they keep asking me to work at there and quit my subway job.. lol.. i don know wat to do sia..

LOL... if their pay per hour is more than your current pay per hour???
PegaKok
PegaKok
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by gepi Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:22 pm

jenny_amh wrote:

zone x! then when nobody is looking, go ching ching ching on jubeat for me. =X
gepi
gepi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:53 pm

gepi wrote:
jenny_amh wrote:

zone x! then when nobody is looking, go ching ching ching on jubeat for me. =X

OI OI play cheat! lol gepi....
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:47 pm

zone x pay = $4/hr on weekdays, $4.50/hr on weekends and $5/hr on ph. i think ur subway job pays more than that.

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:53 pm

jenny_amh wrote:

Zone X? Well their pay is not that much but for part-timers, I heard you can choose your working days, but for full-timers, its a 6-day work week and of 12-hour shifts and your shifts are rotating. Kinda not worth it being a full-timer there.

As for my new ICA job, I'm still kinda unsure if I should take on the job for I really need to think it over and over again. Firstly, its a 2-year contract that I have to sign next week, so its like another National Service, just that their training is unlike the SCDF, or maybe the SAF and SPF. Its more to office work. And also, their shifts are so rotating that it can eat up some of my weekends too. The only advantage I can see is that the job is very stable, their shifts are 8 hours per day and starting salary is like $2k++. Thus, before the date of my signing of contract arrives, which is on the 28th, once again I'm still hunting for jobs. Don't want to be choosy but then again, if I could find a job that is like 9-5pm on weekdays and my weekends are free, I'll most probably want it.
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:52 pm

wads ur highest qualification? if u have at least a dip, u can go the the government job portal and check their listings for jobs at the various ministries.

http://www.careers.gov.sg/

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Rubyrain wrote:wads ur highest qualification? if u have at least a dip, u can go the the government job portal and check their listings for jobs at the various ministries.

http://www.careers.gov.sg/

I have a diploma, yes, but nowadays the jobs I like needed at least a degree after looking through the job portal. There are some with reasonable working hours and pay but, whether able to get it or not is another issue. So its a risk I may have to take here if I were to pass the job which I have confirmed got for a job which I'm yet to be sure of getting it or not. And not forgetting that I've been turned down by 3 or 4 companies before.
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:55 pm

it wouldn't be called a job hunt if it were so easy to find one. just because got confirmed doesn't mean its a good job. keep in mind the 2 year contract. u can go to websites like jobscentral or jobsdb and mass send ur resumes. confirm will have someone call u.

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:55 pm

Rubyrain wrote:it wouldn't be called a job hunt if it were so easy to find one. just because got confirmed doesn't mean its a good job. keep in mind the 2 year contract. u can go to websites like jobscentral or jobsdb and mass send ur resumes. confirm will have someone call u.

Been there and done that too. Went for interviews already and still no one called back, except for the ICA, which I am already confirmed getting, as well as those companies that rejected me before. Oh well, if I still couldn't get any better job by next week, I'll guess I've no choice but to sign the contract then. Better to have a job and gain some experience rather than having no job at all. Can't be choosy nowadays, especially when the economy is still bad. I even heard of people with a degree and even masters, but works as a taxi driver because they still couldn't get any proper job yet.
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:29 pm

haha... just because there are some cases doesn't mean its really that bad la. wad discipline is ur diploma in?

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by jenny_amh Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:11 am

Rubyrain wrote:zone x pay = $4/hr on weekdays, $4.50/hr on weekends and $5/hr on ph. i think ur subway job pays more than that.

nope.. low den that when it comes to new guy/gal working at subway.. i heard now is much higher pay then us working for very long time ago.. not sure.. BUT me ah.. confirm less at the the above statement.. even though my pay currently is add few cents only(might as well no add at all) >.<''
jenny_amh
jenny_amh
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next