Taiko Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's draw a parallel between TAIKO and JUBEAT

+7
Mint
Giazenshia
Zenova
Resdel
gepi
yuu_yuki
ongchinkai
11 posters

Go down

Let's draw a parallel between TAIKO and JUBEAT Empty Let's draw a parallel between TAIKO and JUBEAT

Post by ongchinkai Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:11 am

Am I right to conclude that EVANS is to Jubeat what Kitasaitama 2000 or coded Rotter Tarmination is to Taiko?

What about the other songs? Like which song is the equivalent of Anpanman or Doraemon? Hahahahaha~
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Let's draw a parallel between TAIKO and JUBEAT Empty Re: Let's draw a parallel between TAIKO and JUBEAT

Post by yuu_yuki Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:16 am

Lolz, i don't understand a single bit. xD
You mean which song in jubeat is the equivalent of Anpanman or Doraemon? In terms of oni or? xD
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Let's draw a parallel between TAIKO and JUBEAT Empty Re: Let's draw a parallel between TAIKO and JUBEAT

Post by gepi Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:03 am

evans is not kitasaitama standard for jubeat. in fact it's about kechadon standard. for most people first time play gg then after that see liao then orh.(just that most people will take longer to orh. in fact much much longer.)
gepi
gepi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:14 am

It isn't? So there's no Kitasaitama in Jubeat? I always thought there would be something to really test the players...
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by gepi Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:35 pm

currently, no. let's just say I passed evans on my 3rd try. first try 550k, second 680k, third 750k. after that the more I played the worse I get. after all jubeat is a very limited game because we only have ten fingers. and also we can't press 10 keys with 10 fingers. and they can't make a lot of complex patterns because of the length of our fingers.
gepi
gepi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Resdel Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:17 pm

It is very hard to compare jubeat with taiko. If you hit 700k for jubeat before you finish the song, you can choose to stop playing the song until the song ends. For Taiko, if you pass the song by one yellow bar and you stop playing until the song ends, you will fail the song because the yellow bar drops back to red. Also, jubeat is using finger muscles and taiko is using hand muscles, quite different.

Resdel
見習い
見習い

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:05 pm

ongchinkai wrote:It isn't? So there's no Kitasaitama in Jubeat? I always thought there would be something to really test the players...

To say the truth, Taiko is much more harder than jubeat imo.
I mean, how many people you see playing ext jubeat as compared to Taiko oni?

Jubeat is the game where you youtube, watch it for a while, and you'll be able to pass it. Or either, if you never youtube training, after a couple of tries or so, like gepi said, most people will go "orh.." and pass it. xD
I remembered i failed snow goose ext last time, then i go watch youtube for a while and the next time i try it out, i pass it. Same goes to icicles ext, polaris ext etc, i pass it on my first try after watching youtube for a while. And for the rest of the lvl9 ext, i didn't watch youtube but pass it on the first try too. o.O
That was like so long long ago.
And i still remember there was once gepi mentioned about the lvl10 ext pop'n music song last time. That time i never bother to watch youtube and went try the next day. I failed the first time but after around the 5th try or, i passed it le. Should have video training first cos' wasting my money to try seeing the patterns.
After that, i stop playing jubeat, cos' i see no point.

What i'm trying to say is that you don't see any tom dick and harry passing taiko 10* oni after watching youtube for around 15mins. Whereas for jubeat, there are quite an amount of people you see who can play lvl10 ext. Also, jubeat ranking of C4, B4, A4 etc, doesn't really show how good a person's skill is. It only shows how rich you are and how much money you invested in.
So how can there be kitasaitama in jubeat? xD
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenova Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:21 pm

lol i agree that cannot compare, cuz both use different muscles and thus test different limits of human capacity =X

imo, taiko really tests your technique and physical limit and etc.

Jubeat is kinda like... lol i can't judge, cuz I barely played Jubeat and already found it boring ><

XD in any case, shouldn't compare both, completely different class of game

Zenova
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by gepi Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:47 pm

but I have to admit, to do really well in jubeat(i.e s or ss most songs type not a or b like mine), either you have spent a lot a lot of money, or you have skill. sadly, most people that I see fall under the former category.
gepi
gepi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:53 pm

gepi wrote:but I have to admit, to do really well in jubeat(i.e s or ss most songs type not a or b like mine), either you have spent a lot a lot of money, or you have skill. sadly, most people that I see fall under the former category.

Haha, for me, spending lotsa $$ just to s or ss lvl9 and 10 songs i see no point.
Since somehow, jubeat now doesn't appeal to me like before liaoz.

Even if a person s or ss those lvl9, 10 jubeat songs, i don't see any skills learnt that is useful in real life? At least for taiko, the person can build arm muscles and strengthen their arms. And to me, it's of help for my CO.

Last edited by yuu_yuki on Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:56 pm

2 things I consider very important for Jubeat (and other games like Taiko/DrumMania/IIDX/PnM)

1) Reflexes. I for once, passed Gigabreak on my first try when I didn't even know the sequence.

2) Concentration. Keep your eyes off the screen or blink once, miss notes.

I passed all songs possible in Jubeat, so I still think kitasaitama is harder and DrumMania songs.

Although DrumMania is supposedly harder than Taiko because there are 5 pads + 1 bass and you need more stamina.

Go youtube "a.dogma drummania" or "rock to infinity drummania" and look for extreme version. You'll know what I mean.
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenova Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:10 pm

Giazenshia wrote:2 things I consider very important for Jubeat (and other games like Taiko/DrumMania/IIDX/PnM)

1) Reflexes. I for once, passed Gigabreak on my first try when I didn't even know the sequence.

I passed all songs possible in Jubeat, so I still think kitasaitama is harder and DrumMania songs.

lol kitasaitama is DEFINITELY harder >< let alone rotter tarmination, which is some crazy hell when coded >_<

Zenova
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:24 pm

Giazenshia wrote:Go youtube "a.dogma drummania" or "rock to infinity drummania" and look for extreme version. You'll know what I mean.

I saw the coded Rotter Tarmination of DrumMania! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

But back to the topic, I guess taiko and Jubeat really not much parallels after all... Suspect
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Mint Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:28 pm

Kitasaitama-equivalent of jubeat would have more than 10 squares lit up together at once, have beats lit up for milliseconds, and requires very quick hand twisting techniques. Cool
Mint
Mint
見習い
見習い

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:57 pm

Mint wrote:Kitasaitama-equivalent of jubeat would have more than 10 squares lit up together at once, have beats lit up for milliseconds, and requires very quick hand twisting techniques. Cool

LOLZ!! The BEST answer. full-stop. xD
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:45 pm

Mint wrote:Kitasaitama-equivalent of jubeat would have more than 10 squares lit up together at once, have beats lit up for milliseconds, and requires very quick hand twisting techniques. Cool

Or Evans, but from the start to the end of the song, it's the spamming part + combined with Gigabreak + notes are as far apart like In Scottish Highlands and you need to cross-hand no matter what because you'll have no time.
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenova Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:59 pm

yuu_yuki wrote:

LOLZ!! The BEST answer. full-stop. xD

agreed xp

Zenova
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by HareHareYukai Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:36 pm

Giazenshia wrote:2 things I consider very important for Jubeat (and other games like Taiko/DrumMania/IIDX/PnM)

Although DrumMania is supposedly harder than Taiko because there are 5 pads + 1 bass and you need more stamina.

Go youtube "a.dogma drummania" or "rock to infinity drummania" and look for extreme version. You'll know what I mean.

yes reflexes. i passed evans on my first time without seeing the notes before too (:
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by gepi Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:12 am

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm6204651

for people with nicovideo accounts. evans+taberuna. sounds nice. sorry for being too lazy to figure out how to post it directly.
gepi
gepi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:38 am

gepi wrote:http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm6204651

for people with nicovideo accounts. evans+taberuna. sounds nice. sorry for being too lazy to figure out how to post it directly.

WOW!!
IT'S SO NICE SIA!!
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by fluorescence Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:36 pm

ive been playing jubeat for a while now and its kinda fun for me ...

resting time between taiko ravaging haha the game really reminds me of Osu tanake Ouendan or EBA on the nintendo DS just using both hands so its kinda appealing

but i have to agree that once you get the pattern its easy to do compared to taiko where knowing the patterns to kitasaitama would make no difference haha ..
fluorescence
fluorescence
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by gepi Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:51 pm

resting time for taiko? it's the contrary for me. dte at the jubeat machines 6 is the magical number. everytime want play I see 6 credits there.
gepi
gepi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Resdel Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:45 pm

Once jubeat ripple surfaces, the credits you see may even be double digits.

Resdel
見習い
見習い

Back to top Go down

Post by MEOWpiku Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:06 pm

its the same for me both... i epic fail at both of them... jubeat i cant even pass intermediate... taiko im stuck too... whatever.... T.T
MEOWpiku
MEOWpiku
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by rianelson009 Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:01 am

jubeat's bass 2 bass ans sigsig are pretty nice Very Happy
rianelson009
rianelson009
素人
素人

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down