Taiko Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taiko Card

+4
jenny_amh
Mint
yuu_yuki
ongchinkai
8 posters

Go down

Taiko Card Empty Taiko Card

Post by ongchinkai Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:09 pm

Mint brought up a very good idea today, let's hear what you guys think of it.

Those of you who play Initial-D or Mario Kart will surely be familiar with the card system that they have. For those who are not in the know, the player may purchase a game card that stores their game stats for a small fee. Game stats can include the number of songs played, ratings and so on.

Of course I'm not going to implement this, but this is just a possibility, why not? Razz

I think I'll let Mint tell you more about it. Smile
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Taiko Card Empty Re: Taiko Card

Post by yuu_yuki Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:49 pm

Haha, a save card? Like those in Drummania?
It'll be even better if these Taiko Cards can submit score via online ranking, like the whole of japan. xD
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:21 pm

Yeah actually mint thought of this in tandem with my idea for the rating system. Benefits include getting a shiny foil version of your card after 10000 songs, for instance. Razz

But yeah, a save card would be a really nice idea. If NAMCO does implement this idea I'll definitely go out there and get one now! Smile
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:41 pm

Not forgetting personalized card~ xD
And 10000 songs in arcade?? o.O
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Mint Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:42 pm

..... If NAMCO takes this idea they need to pay me money. But I won't ask for much, just the newest taiko machine in my house will be enough. XD

I didn't know drummania has save cards!! I only know they have it for Initial-D and Mario Kart. But because I don't play those games, I only have vague ideas of how the cards work. But what I have in mind is for the card to be able to keep track of the number of songs played, your average score (taking into account things like no. of songs played, no. of days since you started playing Taiko, no. of songs passed, no. of songs FC-ed, no. of top scores achieved, things like that), and is able to compute a score that can be globally ranked so we can compare our scores/achievements with players all over the world. Since some of the gaming consoles have wireless capabilities, those scores can be brought into the global rankings too.

Or maybe NAMCO can come up with a leveling system. (Think WoW, Maple.....)
Mint
Mint
見習い
見習い

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:05 pm

Drummania V5 already implemented long time ago with save cards and it's according to leveling up and unlocking songs etc.. haha..

Erm..
Compare our scores with players all over the world..
Not to damp spirits but.. We sure rank the last for sure..
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by jenny_amh Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:43 pm

yuu_yuki wrote:Drummania V5 already implemented long time ago with save cards and it's according to leveling up and unlocking songs etc.. haha..

Erm..
Compare our scores with players all over the world..
Not to damp spirits but.. We sure rank the last for sure..

cannot say like that.. maybe we even ranked among the top.. =)
jenny_amh
jenny_amh
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:54 pm

actually yuu is right in saying that we may not be ranked among the top, but i like jenny's cause for optimism Smile

anyway, all these are just ideas, they may or may not do it. i'm just saying it would be a great idea to have something like that Very Happy
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:40 am

Actually i'm waiting for chinkai to whip up some awesome developments for taiko. keke
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Resdel Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:41 am

Actually, the card idea is good. I hope to have one. At least I will be sure that I will play all the 114 songs of all difficulties at least once, kantan, futsuu, muzukashii or oni, including the scroll mika song that I love and also hate to love at the same time. Cool

Resdel
見習い
見習い

Back to top Go down

Post by HareHareYukai Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:42 pm

personally i think that seriously sg's TnT scores will rank among the bottom, even though we often look up to the scores that we already are getting at our current standard. way bottom. but jenny you're really optimistic =D
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by jenny_amh Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:55 pm

HareHareYukai wrote:personally i think that seriously sg's TnT scores will rank among the bottom, even though we often look up to the scores that we already are getting at our current standard. way bottom. but jenny you're really optimistic =D

thx for compliment.. =)
jenny_amh
jenny_amh
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by larrytok Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:49 pm

haha.. look at the 1 youtube video 876 perfect oni ekiben 2000 with over 90% perfect notes.. u know what standard japan players are..

i also hope got this sort of stats based saving..

larrytok
へたっび
へたっび

Back to top Go down

Post by fuuyue Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:11 pm

uaually music games under bemani/konami has the e-card. its called e-amusement or sth.
jubeat works on tt system too.

dunno y taiko dun have though. maybe too lil songs?
fuuyue
fuuyue
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Resdel Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:51 pm

Emusement pass. But if you want to play jubeat online at Zone X, it is not ready yet. For more info, you can ask Gias where jubeat is online in Singapore. He has challenged real online competitors before. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Resdel
見習い
見習い

Back to top Go down

Post by fuuyue Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:55 pm

i cant be bothered. hahaha
i play for the fun of it only la
fuuyue
fuuyue
半人前
半人前