Taiko Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taikodojo t-shirts

+17
-x(Dex)x-
まきお
Giazenshia
NoObOii
mariochua
jenny_amh
sergeant
BlackRockShooter
Skyne Keira
yuu_yuki
Rubyrain
mitsurugi
Kyon
DarkOni++
ongchinkai
HareHareYukai
kralos
21 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Taikodojo t-shirts Empty Taikodojo t-shirts

Post by kralos Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:50 am

Hi everyone. This is pretty much what the title says, I've been talking to yuu for a while about some designs for shirts for taikodojo, and she asked me to post a thread so we can get feedback on them and perhaps ideas for other shirt designs. After talking about some ideas we came upon this design in particular:

Taikodojo t-shirts Th_taikoshirtsquare(Click for bigger)

We kept it simple, with www.taikodojo.net in the back and a kanji logo that looks like ongchinkai's, although I might have to change that font but i'll keep it as close as possible. On the front "taiko no tatsujin" with Don's face, and we added a mitsudomoe on the sleeve to pimp it out, haha.
We decided on just the face and ruled out stuff like the next picture to avoid using full taiko images, just to avoid all that copyright mumbo-jumbo.

Taikodojo t-shirts Th_comitee1

I'll work on some other designs that we could use for members/committee shirts, and for those i'll most likely use symbolism from the game or taiko-related without being too obvious, like so:

Taikodojo t-shirts Th_taikoreal

An idea could be difficulty shirts with the sakura, bamboo, forest and oni mountain, since those are just nature elements or mythological references (the oni originally were mountain spirits). There's this idea too for "buddy" shirts that players could wear to make a full don/katsu face (photoshop clones, lulz):

Taikodojo t-shirts Th_buddy2

I'll keep posting stuff here, but please give me and Yuu some feedback on these or other future shirt ideas so we can work them all out before they are sent to be printed. yupyup And Yuu, sorry for the delay on posting the thread, just came back from vacation in the US, but I'm back at full steam now Very Happy

Edit: here are some giant-ass images of don and katsu for all your wallpaper needs:
Taikodojo t-shirts Th_donjump Taikodojo t-shirts Th_katsujump (click for big)
kralos
kralos
素人
素人

Back to top Go down

Taikodojo t-shirts Empty Re: Taikodojo t-shirts

Post by HareHareYukai Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:47 pm

personally i think its not bad.. but maybe there could be a bit more graphics cause its really plain. polo t-shirts would be nice.
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:10 am

Plain is alright if it's nice. Sometimes simplicity can be beautiful.

I'm actually more for tee-shirt because polo shirts aren't very convenient to play in.
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkOni++ Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:03 pm

Actually, I dnt care what design but I WANT TO BUY IT!! Btw cn you sell it via eBay or any online stores for convenience for other people worldwide if done? (Sorry for the strange sentences thgh..)

DarkOni++
駆けだし
駆けだし

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyon Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:06 pm

the front part 'don face' maybe put it at the lower part of shirt instead of chest part there maybe look more nicer ? *juz my 5cents of view~*

Kyon
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsurugi Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:31 pm

The buddy T-shirt sounds like a good idea, but then if play on different side become out already Very Happy and if two people with same shirt play together become half don half kat Very Happy

Thanks for posting this thread, been waiting for this kind of thing Very Happy
mitsurugi
mitsurugi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:41 am

Kyon wrote:the front part 'don face' maybe put it at the lower part of shirt instead of chest part there maybe look more nicer ? *juz my 5cents of view~*

agree. somemore already got the don on the side of the sleeve.... put at the bottom will look nicer...

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:19 pm

Yoz Karlos, Thanks for posting~ =D

For the rest, if you guys can come out with a picture of your designed shirt, post it here to share and we'll be really glad to see it.

And sky, you owe me your designs for months. =_=
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Taikodojo t-shirts Empty t-shirt designing.

Post by Skyne Keira Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:02 pm

Ooops.
Hey, I have some designs up,quite simple ones.
5 for front,five for back.
so please remind me to bring like,one day before the competition,then we can go discuss the thing after the competition or something.
Oh by the way, the design right,i accidentally combined the mitsudome design with a sharingan design,effect is quite interesting.
Yea. the half-don half kat thing is a must!!!KAWAII!!!
thats about it.
any inspirational stuff,or comments with regards to the overall design or picture,email me and yuu or sumtin.I'm sure we wouldn't mind nice stuff to put in or something.

Skyne Keira
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:03 am

Skyne Keira wrote:Ooops.
Hey, I have some designs up,quite simple ones.
5 for front,five for back.
so please remind me to bring like,one day before the competition,then we can go discuss the thing after the competition or something.
Oh by the way, the design right,i accidentally combined the mitsudome design with a sharingan design,effect is quite interesting.
Yea. the half-don half kat thing is a must!!!KAWAII!!!
thats about it.
any inspirational stuff,or comments with regards to the overall design or picture,email me and yuu or sumtin.I'm sure we wouldn't mind nice stuff to put in or something.

Don't need to email, just post it here because i want to get the response from the rest.
And for me, i prefer it to be simple design yet elegant. =)
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackRockShooter Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:59 pm

I was also thinking of starting the T-shirt thread xD got beaten to it.

Suggestion:

1. Why dont we put the blackboard on the top of the page on the back on the shirt?

2. On the sleeve without the mitsudomoe, We can put Individual names on each shirt to personalise them. The order form will be much more complicated, but meeting new drummers will be easy w/o asking for name or waiting for them to get a high score? xD No copyrights so far
BlackRockShooter
BlackRockShooter
へたっび
へたっび

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Sun May 30, 2010 2:22 am

ALOHA!!
It's been so long since I posted here. Last year till now sia, no news of our TKDJ t-shirt design, so I decided not to wait anymore and design on my own.

Some nagging first before anything. Can skip if you don't wanna read. Lolz~
Today went down to check out printing shops with yue and kim, and there's this instant printing available, after they print out the design for me, only did i realize that it's like those normal print-and-iron-on lor. Cos' they say i use gif file transparent cannot print and blah blah blah blah crap.. And say will have one whole black/white patch against the black shirt if it's printed on. Then after i paid $32.10, they told me they run out of M size collar shirt ask me to wait again or to change to other size. I'm like i've already tried the size lor, and plus we drag quite long and it's already 4pm like that. Damn it, i just ask them to refund me money and they like not happy. It's $32.10 lor, not cheap hor, and suck quality lor. knn.

Then yue found this embroidery services and they do silk-screen (meaning they won't have those black patches or white patches behind the design if it's printed on the shirt~) And it's MUCH CHEAPER than the lousy quality shop I visited just now lor.
It cost only $25 per shirt, front they embroid for us + print any name (max 8cm) + behind will be silk-screen printing for us. And it's way better quality for sure.

This design (shrunk to fit the forum, actual size will be bigger), will be at the back of the shirt, near bottom right hand corner:
OFFICIAL TAIKODOJO DESIGN:
We'll be using black shirt. This design will be using silk-screen to print

Taikodojo t-shirts Tkdjof10

This design in the front left chest will use embroidery. Everyone will have the don-chan icon and below will be your name (max 8cm) which you wanna put to personalized your shirt~
Taikodojo t-shirts Taikof10

So it's front embroider + personalized name, back will be our official TKDJ design. We can choose polo-tee or normal t-shirt too. I choose both though, haha~

So far I've collected 6 orders liaoz, i need more orders so we can get our very own TKDJ's tee for only $25~ =3

Who's up for it? =D

Last edited by yuu_yuki on Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsurugi Sun May 30, 2010 2:43 am

Here's one from me wahahaha
$25 sounds reasonable, when can I pay you?
Yosha a taikodojo T hahahaha XD
mitsurugi
mitsurugi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Sun May 30, 2010 2:49 am

1. Shirt material?
2. What variety of sizes?
3. $25 for t-shirt and $25 for polo, right?
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by sergeant Sun May 30, 2010 2:52 am

Oooh I'm interested!
sergeant
sergeant
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Sun May 30, 2010 3:04 am

ongchinkai wrote:1. Shirt material?
2. What variety of sizes?
3. $25 for t-shirt and $25 for polo, right?

Haha, shirt material is cotton for normal round neck tee.
And as for polo-tee, it's honeycomb material (the shop owner said something about cotton+polyester or something, i only remember the honeycomb,haha). =3

As for the size, they have a variety of sizes de, and yup, yue and me ask liaoz, polo-tee or t-shirt also $25. =3

I'm ordering both, heh~

@Mitsu,
You can pay me when yue & me go down to order. xD
$25 only applies if we can get a min. of 30pc. heez~
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by jenny_amh Sun May 30, 2010 3:29 am

if there is some pics/icon/character from the taiko machine into this shirt, it might appeal to others that we in this group wear this shirt becos we play this game.. just 1 suggestion from mine.. wat do u think yuu?
jenny_amh
jenny_amh
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by mariochua Sun May 30, 2010 10:54 am

when can i pay you and get the t-shirt? XD i wanna order too haha
mariochua
mariochua
素人
素人

Back to top Go down

Post by NoObOii Sun May 30, 2010 11:51 am

Lookie, look what i did.. LOL, no intention for it to be official and actual though it's a just for fun image, not really anything to be on the shirt.. Very Happy Just some funny stuff, Don or kat, whichever it will be.. LOL..
Taikodojo t-shirts EpicDonFace
Anyway, i hope nobody's pissed off because i drew this Epic Don/Kat Face.. It just came into my mind when i thought of the design and thought of anime.. LOL, then i thought those epic faces that appears in anime.. But yeah, it's just for fun and laughters.. ^_^ Cheers, don't be angry at me please D:
Comments!! xD

NoObOii
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Sun May 30, 2010 12:57 pm

Seriously looks like Geodude from Pokemon... No matter how I look at it?

I saw and was disgusted that I didn't want to eat my breakfast cum lunch anymore. Ugh.

Anyways, back to the main point.

Don't mind getting the shirt since it looks cool.
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Sun May 30, 2010 1:30 pm

jenny_amh wrote:if there is some pics/icon/character from the taiko machine into this shirt, it might appeal to others that we in this group wear this shirt becos we play this game.. just 1 suggestion from mine.. wat do u think yuu?

It's do-able, but if i'm not mistaken, they count by the number of colors per shirt or something. Then it'll be much expensive than $25. I actually want those characters but quite expensive if i'm not wrong. Lolz

@MARIO,
Haha, when i get enough orders, we'll have a mass gathering again then you guys pay me. Can you PM me your contact number so i can contact you? =3

According to FB + my contacts, now we have 16 orders liaoz.
1) Yuu x2 (polo-tee & t-shirt)
2) Yue
3) Kim
4) Sky
5) Kyon
6) Suki
7) Mitsu
8 ) Ricky
9) Elle
10) Calvin
11) Gias
12) Mariochua
13) BLYX
14) Boris
15) LOCKIE

We need 14 more to go before we can get this!!
Gias, wanna buy one more polo-tee? haha

Last edited by yuu_yuki on Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Sun May 30, 2010 2:22 pm

In that case count me in, 2x t-shirt.

1. L-size, name = KAI
2. S-size, name = MINT
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Sun May 30, 2010 2:39 pm

ongchinkai wrote:In that case count me in, 2x t-shirt.

1. L-size, name = KAI
2. S-size, name = MINT

No prob!!
WooT!!

So far from my contacts and FB, we have 21 orders liaoz!!
2) Yue
3) Kim
4) Sky
5) Kyon
6) Suki
7) Mitsu
8 ) Ricky
9) Elle
10) Calvin
11) Gias
12) Mariochua
13) BLYX
14) Boris
15) LOCKIE
16) KAI
17) MINT
18) Ekoz x2 (polo-tee & t-shirt)
19) Dex

9 more to go!!!!! DanceDance

Last edited by yuu_yuki on Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Sun May 30, 2010 4:46 pm

I shall order 3 sets: 2x polo-tee and 1 t-shirt, size L. I hope they're tight-fitting.... not too big and not too small. And if you can input my 'name' in hiragana, it'll be great too.

@CK: I think medium suits you better XD
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Sun May 30, 2010 4:56 pm

まきお wrote:I shall order 3 sets: 2x polo-tee and 1 t-shirt, size L. I hope they're tight-fitting.... not too big and not too small. And if you can input my 'name' in hiragana, it'll be great too.

WooT!! No prob!!
Haha, they only have english wordings. =D
So which name you'll like to put?
Is it "MAKIO"? =3

Yeah~ 24 orders already!!
2) Yue
3) Kim
4) Sky
5) Kyon
6) Suki
7) Mitsu
8 ) Ricky
9) Elle
10) Calvin
11) Gias
12) Mariochua
13) BLYX
14) Boris
15) LOCKIE
16) KAI
17) MINT
18) Ekoz x2 (polo-tee & t-shirt)
19) Dex
20) Makio x3 ( two polo-tee & one t-shirt)

6 MORE ORDERS TO GO BEFORE MASS PRINTING!! =D

Last edited by yuu_yuki on Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next