Taiko Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playing with strangers

+12
Giazenshia
Mint
jenny_amh
Rubyrain
ongchinkai
HareHareYukai
gepi
まきお
yuu_yuki
Ice_
Zenova
PegaKok
16 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Playing with strangers - Page 2 Empty Re: Playing with strangers

Post by ongchinkai Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:02 am

Speaking of playing with strangers...would you think of approaching someone whose skill is way above you, like what I did with ADRI the other day?

I think it takes a lot of guts to approach a stranger, and even more if the person is better than you, because a person always has his pride.

So yeah, I'm proud I managed to muster the courage to play with ADRI...'cos Mint was like "OMG you're playing with Kami-sama Shocked", hahaha~
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:11 am

ongchinkai wrote:Speaking of playing with strangers...would you think of approaching someone whose skill is way above you, like what I did with ADRI the other day?

I think it takes a lot of guts to approach a stranger, and even more if the person is better than you, because a person always has his pride.

So yeah, I'm proud I managed to muster the courage to play with ADRI...'cos Mint was like "OMG you're playing with Kami-sama Shocked", hahaha~

Awwww.. I from last year wanna meet ADRI till this year sia..
And i still haven't see him play. Arrgghh..
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:31 am

tried b4 this: after i end my game, some kid came up and wanted to play. i didn't want to wait too long so i tapped my credit after his and went to take a walk around. some little girl came up and hit the drum and i ended up playing 4 songs in easy mode. couldn't even feel pissed because i didn't know who the idiot was and it wasn't the kid's fault at all. zzz

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice_ Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:11 am

Rubyrain wrote:tried b4 this: after i end my game, some kid came up and wanted to play. i didn't want to wait too long so i tapped my credit after his and went to take a walk around. some little girl came up and hit the drum and i ended up playing 4 songs in easy mode. couldn't even feel pissed because i didn't know who the idiot was and it wasn't the kid's fault at all. zzz

ya !! i did that b4 too....but i wasnt that bad...i played 3 songs futsuu 1 song oni......after that i learned my lesson and now i will only tap when they are playing their LAST song.....
Ice_
Ice_
駆けだし
駆けだし

Back to top Go down

Post by PegaKok Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:26 am

Rubyrain wrote:tried b4 this: after i end my game, some kid came up and wanted to play. i didn't want to wait too long so i tapped my credit after his and went to take a walk around. some little girl came up and hit the drum and i ended up playing 4 songs in easy mode. couldn't even feel pissed because i didn't know who the idiot was and it wasn't the kid's fault at all. zzz

lol easy... can FC very easily.
PegaKok
PegaKok
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by jenny_amh Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:40 pm

if i were to play with strangers.. i give them choose the song.. den after that owned them.. haha.. or even better, see the score can beat, try to make a new record with more liang and less miss.. haha.. but i don know y mostly ppl wan to join me play, they all play normal mode and last song muz.. zzz
jenny_amh
jenny_amh
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:31 pm

It helps if you look friendly and approachable? And people think that female players are generally easier to approach than us males... Smile
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by gepi Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:54 pm

and people have that he-plays-oni-I-think-it's-too-condescending-for-him-to-play-with-me perception.
gepi
gepi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Mint Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:56 am

gepi wrote:and people have that he-plays-oni-I-think-it's-too-condescending-for-him-to-play-with-me perception.

I totally agree. This is why I either play with CK (or sometimes Sky) or I play on my own nearly all the time. You won't catch me saying hi to Adri and playing Bumblebee with him or something... Shocked
Mint
Mint
見習い
見習い

Back to top Go down

Post by gepi Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:33 pm

I'll play anything that I can pass above muzu. but it's really hard to even find someone who plays muzu at dte. also, it's not a singaporeanish act(brain dead right now. that's the only term that I can think of.) to request to play with someone whom you don't know, a lot more if that person is zomg-he-pawns-me-ish.
gepi
gepi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:02 am

ongchinkai wrote:It helps if you look friendly and approachable? And people think that female players are generally easier to approach than us males... Smile

Not really..
Today i met skyne's two friends, and he ask them wanna play taiko with me, but none of them wanna taiko with me.. and when i sit down beside them to watch them taiko, they ask me not to sit down there sia..
They said they'll stress.. I'm like.. Shocked Shocked

Kaoz.. sad sia..
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:15 am

gepi wrote:I'll play anything that I can pass above muzu. but it's really hard to even find someone who plays muzu at dte. also, it's not a singaporeanish act(brain dead right now. that's the only term that I can think of.) to request to play with someone whom you don't know, a lot more if that person is zomg-he-pawns-me-ish.

Then why don't you ask me to go doubles with you?? LOLZ~
I'm like waiting for your promised 8m sia.. Till now.. xD

And about muzu players in dte.
Skyne and me saw a guy playing muzu x2 today when i'm there.
I find it quite interesting, the story goes like this:

That guy said he saw me before and i look very familiar to him, but i'm like EH??
So i thought he saw me taiko some other places before so i asked him where he normally play taiko and i told him mostly i drop by amk hub.
But then....

He said i look very familiar because he saw me in some cosplay event before. Which makes me goes: o.O
Because I don't cosplay in the first place, but do go watch for the EOY cosplay long long time ago. But he said he remembered me?? LOL~ I still don't believe it till now, cos' i'm not even a cosplayer in the event but just going there to watch it and he finds me familiar?? xD
He really has good memories!! xD

But anyway, I do really hope he can join taikodojo~
And as well as skyne's two friends i saw today. =D
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenova Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:18 am

sigh... now i play with anyone also dun mind, as long as not some kantan/futsuu person cuz although i dun mind playing easier, like that a bit too easy...

now no one from dojo play with me le T-T only strangers, and the best I saw was a high-futsuu/mid-muzu player... =( really lonely

Zenova
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:48 pm

I play with ANYONE in my life. Be it Kantan or whatsoever.

I'll just take the time to teach them what I know while playing. Although I'm not too good.

After all, when it comes to gaming, if I got the knowledge, I will use it to help. (I am teaching people how to play games as well)
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by fluorescence Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:11 am

do i really look that scary? haha i wouldnt mind anyone joining me to play haha i would prefer it actually can play 4 song for 1 credit

then can play nice songs that ppl introduce

@mint/ck what does kami-sama mean im a total noob in jap/chinese haha
fluorescence
fluorescence
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:14 am

Kami-sama is in japanese. It means "god". =D
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by fluorescence Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:13 pm

oh ya i might have heard that before in patpon for psp haha
fluorescence
fluorescence
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by jenny_amh Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:50 am

lols!! i am currently addicted to "pata pata pata pon" ~~ weeeeeeee
jenny_amh
jenny_amh
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by PegaKok Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:56 am

jenny_amh wrote:lols!! i am currently addicted to "pata pata pata pon" ~~ weeeeeeee

O_O?

Sounds so familiar leh.
PegaKok
PegaKok
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenova Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:51 pm

PegaKok wrote:
jenny_amh wrote:lols!! i am currently addicted to "pata pata pata pon" ~~ weeeeeeee

O_O?

Sounds so familiar leh.

xD lol it's a PSP game, patapon

Zenova
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by gepi Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:56 pm

I'm addicted to pa pa pa pi ya pa pa.
amazing how I lasted 4 days without going to arcade/going online for long.
gepi
gepi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Playing with strangers - Page 2 Empty hmmm...the people...

Post by Skyne Keira Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:34 am

well,for me,its a different story. I play,and after i play once,i will look to the crowd and ask if anyone wanna play.
yes,and a friendly one,i see whether he/she wanna play together.
yes,but hostile,i walk off.
no,i continue playing.
even at my current standard, i once played with a girl at dte.she was a starter ,playing muzu. I play with her oni(she ask for oni,cuz she saw me play.)
wah,i felt so bad,she keep failing.
i ask her to choose song,she dun wan.
in the end,she fail all 4 songs.
wat really surprised me was that at the end,she thanked me and said she will try harder. intro her to dojo le,dunno if she add le.

Skyne Keira
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by gepi Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:09 pm

how do you define hostile? I think when I play kurenai, kamikaze and tabe I believe I look hostile because I still can't cure my faster=hit harder ________(fill in appropriate word. brain dead now.)

tgif.
gepi
gepi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice_ Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:09 am

gepi wrote:how do you define hostile? I think when I play kurenai, kamikaze and tabe I believe I look hostile because I still can't cure my faster=hit harder ________(fill in appropriate word. brain dead now.)

tgif.

lol everytime i hit faster i also start to panic and hit harder, end up waste a lot energy
Ice_
Ice_
駆けだし
駆けだし

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice_ Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:11 am

fluorescence wrote:do i really look that scary? haha i wouldnt mind anyone joining me to play haha i would prefer it actually can play 4 song for 1 credit

then can play nice songs that ppl introduce

@mint/ck what does kami-sama mean im a total noob in jap/chinese haha

very very little ppl will ask to play wif other ppl 1....in my life is like i met such cases less than 5 times...
Ice_
Ice_
駆けだし
駆けだし

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum