Taiko Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sakuracon: Seattle, Washington.... TAIKO PROMO

5 posters

Go down

Sakuracon: Seattle, Washington.... TAIKO PROMO Empty Sakuracon: Seattle, Washington.... TAIKO PROMO

Post by Pyrozz Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:02 am

Hey all, I thought I would try to gather all the Taiko players over here on the West Coast (USA). I think there is actually only one other member right now.
Well uh, I wanted to possible form a group for going to west coast anime and video game conventions so we can promote taiko . Sakuracon is coming up. It's April 10th-12th in Seattle, Washington. I am going to try to convince Sachi to come and help me set up 4 Taiko drums on 2 PS2's. If I can find some more West Coasters to help then we could consider having a Taiko panel. There we could promote the forum and premiere the Simulator that I'm almost ready to release. Then possible give out merchandise and get new-commers hooked on Taiko.

But I would also like to hear from everyone else on ways to promote Taiko and this forum at this convention. The least that I will do is set up a PS2 with Taiko and have a poster or something about Taiko and the Dojo.
Pyrozz
Pyrozz
Head of Simulation Development

Back to top Go down

Sakuracon: Seattle, Washington.... TAIKO PROMO Empty Re: Sakuracon: Seattle, Washington.... TAIKO PROMO

Post by HareHareYukai Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:54 pm

Flyers. And a taikodojo T-shirt. with a taikodojo wristband and taiko dojo shoes, with taikodojo pants and taiko dojo temporary tattoos and taiko dojo socks and taiko dojo contact lenses and taikodojo mascara with taikodojo lipstick taikodojo blusher taikodojo fake eyebrows taikodojo earrings taikodojo rings taikodojo everythings. (:

Sorry most mentioned are not very realistic but oh well.
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Sakuracon: Seattle, Washington.... TAIKO PROMO Empty Re: Sakuracon: Seattle, Washington.... TAIKO PROMO

Post by Giazenshia Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:19 pm

Flyers would be your main choice here since they're a cheap form of advertisement.

You could set up a laptop there, linking it to the forums, and having people to sign up on the spot. That could work as well.

Like BLYX said, Tatoos and Wristbands. Those are not really expensive and could be good as well. Maybe give them out to people who tries the game out or register in the forums there?

Why not put up a real Taiko drum with Don and Kat (those plush toys?) standing on it? For promoting, you could get a Don or Kat mascot walking around giving flyers. They're cute, and can attract people who like cute stuffs.

Besides PS2, there are still the NDS and PSP versions, and you might want to consider adding them in as well, provided you have the consoles and games ready.

For the people helping out in this convention, they could probably wear a T-shirt related to Taiko no Tatsujin. Like a shirt printed with the words on it, or some of the mascots and characters from the game itself.
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Mint Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:53 am

My suggestion might require some $$$.

Maybe you guys can wear something similar to the Taiko attire that the traditional players wear, like this: Sakuracon: Seattle, Washington.... TAIKO PROMO Taiko_11

(Sorry I can't seem to be able to downsize the picture!)

Then maybe do some DIY to the vest, like paint don and kat onto the back or something. Very Happy

I think Gias's suggestion about having a laptop there for people to visit the forum is a good idea too Smile They can also watch youtube videos of people enjoying Taiko worldwide!
Mint
Mint
見習い
見習い

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrozz Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:24 pm

Haha, like this?
Sakuracon: Seattle, Washington.... TAIKO PROMO A1369355263_30193196_7284
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v647/231/86/1369355263/n1369355263_30193196_7284.jpg
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v647/231/86/1369355263/n1369355263_30193197_7638.jpg

I like all these ideas. Tattoos and stickers would be great. That costume is me, btw.
Pyrozz
Pyrozz

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:03 pm

Pyrozz, you're making me wanna get and print taiko dojo t-shirt
xD
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Mint Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:49 pm

Yes yes! That's what I mean!!! That's so cool!!! Although I would get don and kat plushies and stick them over my costume Razz
Mint
Mint
見習い
見習い

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down