Taiko Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seeking comments for a t-shirt design

+2
yuu_yuki
ongchinkai
6 posters

Go down

Seeking comments for a t-shirt design Empty Seeking comments for a t-shirt design

Post by ongchinkai Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:08 am

I'm not sure who brought up this point, but I'm actually thinking of making a t-shirt to wear when I go play taiko.

Well, not exactly a t-shirt...it's more like a sleeveless shirt, but not singlets. Here's what I have in mind:

• Design should not be gaudy; simplicity is the word
  • Colour: most likely white or black
  • Front: plain, except for either a Taiko Dojo logo or drawing of don's and kat's faces, or my game initials (CKHM) at the chest area...size should not be too big; my palm should be able to cover everything
  • Back: refer to my avatar...I finally found a nice font for the kanji! Very Happy Think black letters on white back or white letters on black back
  • Other details: none as yet...

Anyone good in art/design can comment on my idea? Thanks! Very Happy
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Seeking comments for a t-shirt design Empty Re: Seeking comments for a t-shirt design

Post by yuu_yuki Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:24 am

My suggestion on black shirt:

BACK
url www.taikodojo.NET in the back (at the neck there, below it will be your avatar kanji.)

Front + Side
For the front, there will be a small kat/don on the left chest.
Side-wise, seen those t-shirts with this kind of near the end of the shirt designs??
You can put don/kat with white outline that stretch along the side (design size: 1/3 shirt length). So half of the don/kat face will be on your Right side.

Since there are 2 players for taiko, we can design the don/kat with white outline on the other side, so the person mostly stand in 2p, the design will be on the left side while the 1p, design will be on the right.
So when both players stands together, it will look a bit like a full don/kat face~
Okie, just some weird ideas suddenly popping out from my head.
xD

I'm actually thinking if anyone wants to print t-shirts for personal use.
We can come up with designs and go JP and print mass? Who knows there'll be discounts? xD
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Seeking comments for a t-shirt design Empty Re: Seeking comments for a t-shirt design

Post by jenny_amh Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:09 am

good idea.. i love it!!
jenny_amh
jenny_amh
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:22 am

yuu I don't get your idea Sad

But I'm a man of simplicity, I don't like things to be too gaudy/complicated. Yeah like you say I'll put the url if I do get it done... Smile
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrozz Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:15 am

The thing to keep in mind is how many "layers" will be needed for the design. If you are already familiar with screen printing, you probably already know that the more layers your design needs the more it will cost. Each color is a new layer, and if the t-shirt has a design on the back, that is another set of layers (1 for each color). The other thing is that screen printers don't like to do unique text for each shirt, because that is one extra layer per shirt. For custom text on each, there are other options. I think it would be cool to get embroidery letters or patches. Then we could sew them on. But as far as the t-shirt design, it should probably be no more than 3 colors and keep in mind that every t-shirt will be the same. For making t-shirts unique it is best to do that your self (eg the embroidery letters, or something similar).
Pyrozz
Pyrozz
Head of Simulation Development

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrozz Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:07 am

Oh yes, about your design...
I agree, simple is best. What do the kanji mean ib your avatar? is that Japanese reading or Chinese? Possible idea: what if we made a design with 1 taiko face on it, and we got let's say 10 don shirts printed and 10 kat shirts printed. Then the person gets to choose if they are more of a don or kat, XD
I think there should be the taiko no tatsujin logo on there somewhere too.
Pyrozz
Pyrozz

Back to top Go down

Post by gepi Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:15 am

it means taiko dojo. both in japanese and chinese.
gepi
gepi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:37 pm

ongchinkai wrote:yuu I don't get your idea Sad

But I'm a man of simplicity, I don't like things to be too gaudy/complicated. Yeah like you say I'll put the url if I do get it done... Smile

Erm.. Try thinking that you're wearing this shirt. And your middle of your back around till the middle of your tummy. That's where the side design outline of don/kat will be.

So in another words, if you wear it, half of the outline of don/kat face will be showing if a person stands behind you, and the other half can only be visible for the person standing in front of you.

And let's say you're 2p player, you print your outline of don/kat face at your LEFT side.
1p play will print theirs at the RIGHT side. And since when you wear this design and only half of the design can be seen, ((either from the back or the front)) so both person standing together to taiko, it will seems like a full don/kat face.

Erm.. not sure if you understand.. xD
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:39 pm

Pyrozz wrote:Oh yes, about your design...
I agree, simple is best. What do the kanji mean ib your avatar? is that Japanese reading or Chinese? Possible idea: what if we made a design with 1 taiko face on it, and we got let's say 10 don shirts printed and 10 kat shirts printed. Then the person gets to choose if they are more of a don or kat, XD

Haha, what i propose, is just the outline only, not the colors for the side.
As in black shirt against the don/kat outline design at the side. No colors involved.

As for the chest area, can have colors. =P
Best if it's embroidery letters of "Taiko no Tatsujin" in japanese and above it will have either Don or Kat colored face.
And at the back for the Kanji and the url they can be be embroidery letters too, only the side design (waist area) will be printed with white outline design of the don/kat faces without any colors.
xD
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by fuuyue Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:14 pm

Pyrozz wrote:Oh yes, about your design...

i'm not don nor kat.
i wanna be the cat and spoon.
how?
fuuyue
fuuyue
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:43 am

That one can put on the sleeves. xD
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down