Taiko Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Natsumatsuri [夏祭り] 2010

+2
mitsurugi
まきお
6 posters

Go down

Natsumatsuri [夏祭り] 2010 Empty Natsumatsuri [夏祭り] 2010

Post by まきお Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:12 am

Once again, I'm glad to bring you the event which almost all of us had lots of fun last year. I just got first hand information regarding this event, so I'm only letting it known exclusively to TKDJ members only~

It is the time of the year again, when summer falls once again and all Japanese people as well as Japanese culture fans gather to celebrate a fun event in summer: the Natsu Matsuri (夏祭り), or the summer festival. This may not be the full information yet, and some of it is based on past year's experience.

Information

Date: 21st August 2010 (Saturday)
Time: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Venue: Japanese Primary School (Changi Campus)

(Event will NOT be canceled despite wet weather)

Ticket Price

Advanced tickets: $2.00
Day tickets: $2.00

Programme

Game stalls - All Natsu matsuri games available, except Kingyo Sukui (金魚救い)
Food stalls - cash payment, mostly Japanese food/bento, as usual
Centre stage performance - main epicentre of Natsu Matsuri
Yukata Contest - for pictures taken at Natsu Matsuri only
Bon Odori - Natsu Matsuri's main dancing event.

Getting There

Free shuttle bus service from Singapore Expo to the Japanese School
4:00pm-7:15pm

And from the Japanese School to Singapore Expo
7:30pm→11:00pm

Attire

* Yukata
* Casual wear

This is a Japanaese culture event, not sub-culture. So do not wear goth, lolita, punk or even cosplay. Just simple wear will do. It's best if you have a yukata.

Bon Odori Songlist

- Singapore Ondo
- Tanko Bushi
- Tokyo Ondo
- Soran Bushi
- Doraemon Ondo <-- My all-time favourite xDD
- Rasa Sayang
- Chan Mali Chan

- Gake no Ue no Ponyo

Let's hope this year, all of us can go as a forum group. And for those who can find ways to get your hands on advanced tickets, try to get as many as possible for everyone of us. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Details are subject to changes. Do check back on this thread for any latest updates on the event.
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Natsumatsuri [夏祭り] 2010 Empty Re: Natsumatsuri [夏祭り] 2010

Post by mitsurugi Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:28 pm

All...it's already been a year huh?
Time passes fast...
Anyways who can get hold of the advanced ticket? I think my school has some...
mitsurugi
mitsurugi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:57 pm

I will try my best to get spare ticket for the community, but no guarantee.

We'll go there, eat drink, and make merry. I'm planning to go earlier, to get the apple candy or it'll be my 4th year missing the apple candy. So try to free your dates on the 21st?
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:33 pm

Haha, it sounds so interesting, can put our upcoming tee to a good usage.
lol!
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:22 pm

yuu_yuki wrote:Haha, it sounds so interesting, can put our upcoming tee to a good usage.
lol!

Haha you wanted to go so much last year but you choose not to and decided to go to the Taiko competition the next day only instead of both events. Hope you can make it this time for this year.

I used to be able to get advanced tickets easily the past few years but won't be so easy this time round coz my friend who is a member of JAS and has been helping me getting tickets has decided to return to Hokkaido, and won't be returning here again. For mitsu's ticket last year, I was lucky enough to come across some guy who auctioned away his ticket at triple the price. Black market, I know... but still I bought it anyway for its' worth every cent to avoid the long queue.

Well for those who are not wearing yukata, perhaps wearing the T-shirts will be fantastic. People will definitely recognize us as a group. For those wearing yukata, maybe you can just wear the T-shirt inside. I would definitely wanna wear my other yukata this year, since I got two or three sets at home. Just need to shop for the obi and the geta in Tokyo and I'll be all geared up for Natsu.

Natsumatsuri [夏祭り] 2010 5404525
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:47 pm

まきお wrote:
yuu_yuki wrote:Haha, it sounds so interesting, can put our upcoming tee to a good usage.
lol!

Haha you wanted to go so much last year but you choose not to and decided to go to the Taiko competition the next day only instead of both events. Hope you can make it this time for this year.

Compy day I have to go early and check the machines etc etc.
CK and me was there before arcadia open to settle all these misc compy things..

And did I wanted to go so much in the first place that time?? I seriously don't recall sia.. o.O
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:27 pm

yuu_yuki wrote:
まきお wrote:
lol!

Compy day I have to go early and check the machines etc etc.
CK and me was there before arcadia open to settle all these misc compy things..

And did I wanted to go so much in the first place that time?? I seriously don't recall sia.. o.O

Lol in fact you did, early last year. I can still clearly recall it xDD

UPDATE:

SALE OF 5000 ADVANCED TICKETS START ON 12 JULY 2010!!!

Once again, this is the period of time where I will start to get so worked up to ensure that I can get hold of some advanced tickets in my hands. And as some of you already know, I am going to have a harder time this year to get hold of these advanced tickets.

We've got about one month to prepare for this "war", as I always called it every year, so hopefully I can get as many sources as I can for this year. Guys who are getting them, get ready too!~ xD
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkOni++ Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:09 pm

Am I legal to go there? I'm not a Singaporean orz

DarkOni++
駆けだし
駆けだし

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:27 pm

DarkOni++ wrote:Am I legal to go there? I'm not a Singaporean orz

You can. And for your info, there are quite a number of Japanese people (from Japan) attending this event. Anyone is welcome, as long as they have a ticket, and can enter/is in Singapore, lol.

Although the event starts in the evening, people are already queuing like since 12pm for those who does not have the advanced tickets. By 5pm the queue is really long, like 100 meters? And if you're coming by car, you'll have to park somewhere else instead since the venue is for staff parking only. (Park at Expo and take the shuttle bus there)

I'm trying to get them myself from school and I'll see how.
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsurugi Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:27 am

Here hoping for an advanced ticket from my school, but chances are those siao on people will get them...
Worst come to worst I'll bring my yukata there and camp at like 10 or something...
mitsurugi
mitsurugi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:55 pm

'Kay guys, ticket sales have finally started. Whoever are getting through schools, try your best to get some extras if possible. As for the rest of us, try to look out for friends who can get hold of the tickets to assist you in getting some or look out for anyone who wants to auction their extra tickets online no matter how much the cost is~ tickets are precious and sacred, so get hold of them no matter what. 'coz... this is WAR!! and we HAVE to WIN it by getting the tickets at all costs!!~~

Haha, sorry, but it's always like this for me every year when it comes to getting hold of Natsu tickets. I'll only feel slightly at ease whenever I get hold of at least two xD
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Akita Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:15 pm

Oooo. I wanna go I wanna go. This is so coooool O__O My friend says he can buy tickets without queueing (I don't know how) If you guys don't wanna queue, then I can ask him to get moar tickets Very Happy

Akita
素人
素人

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsurugi Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:40 am

Ooo who? XD
Can I order one from him?
mitsurugi
mitsurugi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:25 pm

Me too~
Leaving for Japan this Thursday, so I'm counting on you guys for the tickets. Thanks. XDD
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Akita Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:59 pm

okay er... apparently i just asked him. he gets it from his friend, and she gets it from her friend. @___@ waaa, long chain.

Akita
素人
素人

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:40 am

Hey guys!!
Anyone going this saturday? Cos' i got one free ticket. o.O
I think it'll be cool if we go as group wearing our tkdj t-shirt before anyone change to yukata or something. =D
DanceDance
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:09 am

A lot of us are going, and it includes myself, Makio, Mitsurugi, Hayate and some others... Too many to remember,

As for wearing TKDJ shirt, I'm wondering if I should wear it or not... (I won't wear cospa there so maybe I'll wear TKDJ's shirt)
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:32 pm

2 more days to Natsumatsuri, so you guys wanna meet up first or??
Wearing TKDJ shirt I suppose??
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:22 pm

yuu_yuki wrote:2 more days to Natsumatsuri, so you guys wanna meet up first or??
Wearing TKDJ shirt I suppose??

I'll see all of you there cause I'll have to go to school earlier. I don't mind wearing the TKDJ shirt but who's wearing in the first place?
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:45 am

I doubt much people is wearing it, lolz.
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:14 pm

I'll be wearing my yukata definitely
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down