Taiko Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello..introducing myself

+6
ongchinkai
HareHareYukai
fluorescence
Rubyrain
yuu_yuki
Kfenton
10 posters

Go down

Hello..introducing myself Empty Hello..introducing myself

Post by Kfenton Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:26 pm

Hi. My name is Kevin, and I'm from South Carolina, of the United States. I live in Washington State right now. In terms of the Taiko no Tatsujin series, the only access I have is the arcade machine of Taiko no Tatsujin 9, which is in Gameworks, in Seattle. In terms of the home games, I'm either considering finding and buying the US game, Taiko Drum Master, on the PS2 or seeing if the DS and PSP games can be imported from where I live.

Kfenton
へたっび
へたっび

Back to top Go down

Hello..introducing myself Empty Re: Hello..introducing myself

Post by yuu_yuki Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:54 pm

Hello there Kfenton~
Welcome to Taiko Dojo~ =D

Regarding the US game Taiko Drum Master, i do own a copy but if there is a choice for you, choose the Japanese version instead. The English version of Taiko no Tatsujin is kinda.. how shall i put it.. hmm..
Not as exciting and fun compared to it's Japanese counterpart in terms of difficulty and such.
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Kfenton Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:54 pm

Ah. Thanks. I guess I'll try the DS and PSP versions, then, since I don't have either a Japanese PS2, or one that can play imported games. I'm also a percussionist, and have been one for a long while. I've started playing the snare drum back in middle school band, in 8th grade, and then I went to high school in the concert band from 9th-12th grade, did jazz band at 12th grade, and also was a part of the high school marching band at 12th grade. I haven't been able to do much percussion-wise since I'm in college and almost ready to graduate, also.

Kfenton
へたっび
へたっび

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:12 pm

Hi Kfenton. Welcome to TaikoDojo. ^^

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by fluorescence Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:41 pm

anyong haseyo Kfenton~

welcome to TaikoDojo ^^v
fluorescence
fluorescence
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by HareHareYukai Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:14 am

welcome (:
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:43 am

Wow, another percussionist Very Happy

Welcome to TKDJ, Kevin. Make yourself at home!
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:21 am

Kfenton wrote:Ah. Thanks. I guess I'll try the DS and PSP versions, then, since I don't have either a Japanese PS2, or one that can play imported games. I'm also a percussionist, and have been one for a long while. I've started playing the snare drum back in middle school band, in 8th grade, and then I went to high school in the concert band from 9th-12th grade, did jazz band at 12th grade, and also was a part of the high school marching band at 12th grade. I haven't been able to do much percussion-wise since I'm in college and almost ready to graduate, also.

If you play jazz band, Drummania may interest you more than taiko?
=D
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by MEOWpiku Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:53 am

but drummania covers alot types of music... those funny funny music also got wants... taiko is so much cuter.. of cuz support taiko...

great to have u here btw... maybe we can do some kind of 'exchange' .
MEOWpiku
MEOWpiku
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenova Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:40 pm

lol welcome =p

Zenova
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Kfenton Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:07 pm

Thanks. I have tried drummania a bit at the Gameworks in Seattle. I think the arcade machine they have is the 7th mix of drummania.

Kfenton
へたっび
へたっび

Back to top Go down

Post by jenny_amh Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:58 pm

welcome to forum =)
jenny_amh
jenny_amh
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by MEOWpiku Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:30 pm

im wondering if there's alot of people plaeing taiko in america? since its abit more to the asians...
MEOWpiku
MEOWpiku
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrozz Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:36 pm

Kfenton wrote:Hi. My name is Kevin, and I'm from South Carolina, of the United States. I live in Washington State right now. In terms of the Taiko no Tatsujin series, the only access I have is the arcade machine of Taiko no Tatsujin 9, which is in Gameworks, in Seattle. In terms of the home games, I'm either considering finding and buying the US game, Taiko Drum Master, on the PS2 or seeing if the DS and PSP games can be imported from where I live.

Hey Kevin! Welcome! I was just up in Seattle last weekend for a convention. I spent quite a bit of time playing Taiko at Gameworks while I was there. It's the nearest Taiko machine I know of... There might be a couple machines in Portland, but I wouldn't know where to look. I have Taiko Drum Master w/drum controller I could sell you. But like Yuu said, the English version is pretty lame. This is what I did:

purchase Magic-Swap for PS2
burn 9-in-1 Taiko iso to a DVD
Then PLAY

The 9-in-1 iso can be shared via torrent. You'll have no luck finding one being seeded unless you go about searching in different languages. But I did find a pretty active one! PM me if you have any questions, or want a link to the torrent I found. katWink2
Pyrozz
Pyrozz
Head of Simulation Development

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:57 am

Pyrozz wrote:
Kfenton wrote:Hi. My name is Kevin, and I'm from South Carolina, of the United States. I live in Washington State right now. In terms of the Taiko no Tatsujin series, the only access I have is the arcade machine of Taiko no Tatsujin 9, which is in Gameworks, in Seattle. In terms of the home games, I'm either considering finding and buying the US game, Taiko Drum Master, on the PS2 or seeing if the DS and PSP games can be imported from where I live.

Hey Kevin! Welcome! I was just up in Seattle last weekend for a convention. I spent quite a bit of time playing Taiko at Gameworks while I was there. It's the nearest Taiko machine I know of... There might be a couple machines in Portland, but I wouldn't know where to look. I have Taiko Drum Master w/drum controller I could sell you. But like Yuu said, the English version is pretty lame. This is what I did:

purchase Magic-Swap for PS2
burn 9-in-1 Taiko iso to a DVD
Then PLAY

The 9-in-1 iso can be shared via torrent. You'll have no luck finding one being seeded unless you go about searching in different languages. But I did find a pretty active one! PM me if you have any questions, or want a link to the torrent I found. katWink2

How you know i wanted to say it's lame? xD
And 9-in-1 taiko consist of which game titles? kat=D
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrozz Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:55 am

Code:

Taiko no Tatsujin: TATAKON de DODON ga DON
Taiko no Tatsujin: DOKI! Shinkyoku Darake no Haru Matsuri
Taiko no Tatsujin: Appare Sandaime
Taiko no Tatsujin: Waku Waku ANIME Matsuri
Taiko no Tatsujin: Atsumare! Matsuri da!! Yondaime
Taiko no Tatsujin: GO! GO! Godaime
TAIKO DRUM MASTER
Taiko no Tatsujin: Tobikkiri! ANIME SPECIAL
Taiko no Tatsujin: Wai Wai Happy! Rokudaime

The newer one, Taiko no Tatsujin: DON-KA! to Oomori Nanadaime, isn't on there. So you'll have to buy it imported. But totally worth it. (it's the one I've been modeling the simulator after).
Pyrozz
Pyrozz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum