Taiko Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Injuries] Going through the ONI phrase

+9
Ice_
Zenova
gepi
jenny_amh
HareHareYukai
ongchinkai
Mint
Giazenshia
yuu_yuki
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[Injuries] Going through the ONI phrase - Page 2 Empty Re: [Injuries] Going through the ONI phrase

Post by yuu_yuki Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:13 pm

Skyne Keira wrote:Okay,i know this sounds bimbo and act smart,but it does help(although my taiko experience isn't that much)
Basically,in first aid,i've handled people who suffer abrasions(i all sorts of funny areas) as well as joint pain(in all sorts of funny areas too).
The cause of all these are due to the methods of execution of actions.
Meaning,to all those who get pains here there everywhere,it does not mean we go plaster-hunting. We should go cause-hunting.
Mainly,in taiko,there is two general groups which we can classify the taiko-ists.
1)the finger players
2)the pounders i would recommend you people to see how you play before reading on.
The finger players base their actions more on finger-flexing and swift movements.The pounders exert large(or at least,seemingly large) amounts of force on their strikes.
For the finger players,they tend to not suffer rebound injuries as their bachi can swing backwards without landing on their palms. however,they experience heavy friction on their fingers as well as(in some unfortunate cases) severe stress on the joints.
The hard-core pounders suffer full rebounds on each strike,but no friction due to the fact that their bachi doesn't get to swing,its rooted to the palm.
Some of us are at intermmediate levels of variation between these two extremes,and there are other forms of more defined styles that i've yet to mention.
i do tend to watch you experts play,so i roughly know your styles,but that doesn't mean that i'm an expert analyst. you guys know yourselves best,and you guys would be in the best position to define your styles. However,if anyone wants mi to help you spot your style,weakness and helpful tips on how the flaws can be overcome,i'd be happy to do so.
till then,adios amigo!

For me, i use my index finger as the fulcrum. So it's like having blisters on only my right index finger. As for my right wrist, no matter how much i alternate my hands, my right wrist will still be painful after lotsa 10* songs continuously because my there's a permanent injury there.

I don't experience this kind of pain for songs less than 10* if i play the whole day, compared to i keep playing 10* songs for a few hours. If it's the latter, my right wrist will be painful for a few days, even playing muzu. So is there a way to cure this? As in is there a way to strengthen my right wrist or something?
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

[Injuries] Going through the ONI phrase - Page 2 Empty Re: [Injuries] Going through the ONI phrase

Post by ongchinkai Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:06 am

If you say there's an old injury there then there's really not much you can do. Moderation is the keyword.
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:07 am

ongchinkai wrote:If you say there's an old injury there then there's really not much you can do. Moderation is the keyword.

For my case, when it started to be painful, it will stay there for days le..
So it's like i don't even know when will it start to become painful, only when i play till a certain point, it feels like prickling pain, then it will be there for days.

Sianz....
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

[Injuries] Going through the ONI phrase - Page 2 Empty well...

Post by Skyne Keira Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:41 am

actually,there is something you can try called wristbands.(no,not the ones i don for decoration.)
wristbands might feel irritating because they limit flexative movement to a certain extent.but that limitation might be the key to helping with the reduction of pain.
as for the old injury stuff,i won't recommend anything,but have you considered getting a sinseh or a chinese masseuse to take a look?they might be able to recommend something.
as for mi,i realised that my fainting syndrome is getting irritating.that day,i nearly collapsed after attempting saitama.this is irritating. last time dizzy still can handle,but nowadays getting worse.wth...

Skyne Keira
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenova Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:28 pm

Skyne Keira wrote:actually,there is something you can try called wristbands.(no,not the ones i don for decoration.)
wristbands might feel irritating because they limit flexative movement to a certain extent.but that limitation might be the key to helping with the reduction of pain.
as for the old injury stuff,i won't recommend anything,but have you considered getting a sinseh or a chinese masseuse to take a look?they might be able to recommend something.
as for mi,i realised that my fainting syndrome is getting irritating.that day,i nearly collapsed after attempting saitama.this is irritating. last time dizzy still can handle,but nowadays getting worse.wth...

hmmm, maybe you should see a doctor. But what kind of fainting? As in, due to exhaustion? Or the anemic kind of dizziness? (like me sometimes ><)

Zenova
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:17 pm

Skyne Keira wrote:actually,there is something you can try called wristbands.(no,not the ones i don for decoration.)

Wristband i've tried before, no use. Cos' compared with wearing wristband/wrist support to play and not wearing those to play, my wrist hurts more for the former.

And going to those senseh, they most probably ask me not to play much. -_-
For your dizziness, does it only happen after you slim down? Or does it happen even when you're big size that time?
Cos' if it happens only for the former, than eat more balance food and stuff yourself up.
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkOni++ Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:52 pm

Hum... I dnt know when I play 10~12 oni songs, it's okay.. But when stop... AAAHHH!! My hands are full of bruises.. And I need to use that deep heating rub to numb them a little... Man, when rchd home, I fainted! I dnt know why.. Maybe 0% stamina kot...

DarkOni++
駆けだし
駆けだし

Back to top Go down

Post by rianelson009 Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:57 am

Maybe if got blister or hand pain, should wear glove. I wear glove on the hand which i get blistered, and it works ^^
rianelson009
rianelson009
素人
素人

Back to top Go down

Post by mariochua Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:18 am

Always got blister in my thumbs when i play 12 oni songs in a row... Haiz =.=
mariochua
mariochua
素人
素人

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum