Taiko Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

$370 [Brand New Nintendo wii set + 2 controllers]

5 posters

Go down

$370 [Brand New Nintendo wii set + 2 controllers] Empty $370 [Brand New Nintendo wii set + 2 controllers]

Post by yuu_yuki Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:33 pm

[Posting on behalf of Rubyrain]

Exported Korean Nintendo wii set + 2 wiimote controllers for sale.
Price $370. no warranty. Brand new.

Feel free to PM ruby in our dojo~ =D
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

$370 [Brand New Nintendo wii set + 2 controllers] Empty Re: $370 [Brand New Nintendo wii set + 2 controllers]

Post by ongchinkai Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:40 am

Exported? Meaning it came direct from Korea?? And how come no warranty???
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

$370 [Brand New Nintendo wii set + 2 controllers] Empty Re: $370 [Brand New Nintendo wii set + 2 controllers]

Post by yuu_yuki Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:50 am

ongchinkai wrote:Exported? Meaning it came direct from Korea?? And how come no warranty???

Ruby, mind answering the question?? LoLz~
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:52 am

Not sure also lehs. Maybe cuz when they import in, the set doesn't come with warranty.

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:44 pm

Huh? Then how come you're selling it? Where did you get it from anyway?

Sorry if I'm asking a lot of questions but I find something with no warranty very dubious...
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:21 pm

What I know is that if you direct import from Korea (usually via online sites like play-asia), you won't get any warranty as it is only restricted in Korea alone.

One of the main reason that I know of is because of compatibility issues such as environmental conditions. Things like the power system in other countries might be different from Korea as well (like the 110V and 230V difference if you get what I mean).

This is one of the reason why they make consoles for different regions, because of compatibility issues. Language isn't a problem, since it can be changed with the help of firmwares and so on. Take computers. Some countries uses 110V while some (like us) uses 230V.

Even with transformers or adapters (step up/down) you'll still risk damaging it as they do have their own limits as well. Just like oversupplying current. (Think of fuses being blown, you'll get what I mean).

Look at the first batch of PS3 that has issues of overheating here. Imagine if you bring it to the middle-east, they'll most likely "explode". But if you use it at Japan itself, they won't have much problem since it's naturally cool there compared to here.

(Sorry if I sound too geeky here)

But if you got it from a local retailer, something is really really wrong here. Best if you check it out, especially if you got it from some local (or well known) retailers.
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by まきお Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:58 pm

He's right... I've to agree with him on this one
まきお
まきお
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:18 pm

Hmm.. Speaking of compatibility issues and step-down adapters, my few years old PS2 console is using that, but nothing's happening though.
It's still working perfectly when i play it during CNY. It's not as bad as you may think it is. xD
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:42 am

That's why their designed for a certain location. Just like different rating for fuses (Like 3A, 5A, 11A, 13A etc etc)

Some countries supplies different amount of voltage or their electric appliances uses different amount of current.

Chances of things going out, like short circuiting, overheating and such is rare BUT at certain conditions, it WILL happen.

For us, we are supplied with 230V/50Hz while countries like North America (and some parts of Japan) is supplied with 110V/60Hz. HUGE difference here. Try bringing your PS2 over to America, it wouldn't work, or it could, but with problems. Especially if you don't have a transformer with you, or if one that is incompatible. You will never know.

Even if you have one, it might not be able to take it. Like trying to step up, the rate might be slow that it ends us supplying lesser than what the device wants, thus efficiency drops.

OR

Trying to step down, could be in such that the amount needed to step down is too large, therefore resulting in an overload. Damaging the appliances.

Everywhere we go, we see different amount of voltage supplied to us, so you know the rest. We use this here, we can't use it somewhere else. Universal transformer are good, but the moment you set it wrong, GG to your device.

All our products here are usually save to use, since their designed for us. So we should be fine.

The history of electricity goes back long ago, and we can't change it now. Imagine if the whole of NA would to change to 230V appliances, imagine the cost incurred.
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:59 am

I know about all those 230V/50Hz, 110V/60Hz theories. I have a japanese phone few years back which takes in 110V and charging with a transformer, and there wasn't any problems with it till now. So, it's all about individual preferences and/or personal experiences. Razz

It's not up to us to decide since we're not the ones getting the wii. Haha, but good to hear different views for the buyer. =P
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:33 am

I guess I'll have to wait for Ruby's reply.

I'm sort of interested in finding out more...but yeah, the "no warranty" thing is making me think twice and thrice and whatever...
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:54 am

yuu_yuki wrote:[Posting on behalf of Rubyrain]

Exported Korean Nintendo wii set + 2 wiimote controllers for sale.
Price $370. $400 for modded. no warranty. Brand new.

Feel free to PM ruby in our dojo~ =D

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:57 am

Shhhh about the modded in the public. xD
But add another $30 for modded not bad sia.. It's software mod or hardware mod?
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:01 am

Please take note of price change. $370 is w/o modded. Sorry for misinfo.

My friend's the one selling it, not me. According to him, there's no warranty because its a Korean set (that's why need to modify) and he's getting it thru another supplier who doesn't offer any warranty. So therefore he also cannot give us warranty.

I'm getting my set thru him so if u wan, I can be the "guinea pig" first. Haha. Will probably get it within this month unless something else happens to my money. xD

@Yuu: he say soft modded. hard modded will be even more ex, for extra stability, but soft mod is stable enuf. (according to him lah).

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:51 am

Rubyrain wrote:Please take note of price change. $370 is w/o modded. Sorry for misinfo.

My friend's the one selling it, not me. According to him, there's no warranty because its a Korean set (that's why need to modify) and he's getting it thru another supplier who doesn't offer any warranty. So therefore he also cannot give us warranty.

I'm getting my set thru him so if u wan, I can be the "guinea pig" first. Haha. Will probably get it within this month unless something else happens to my money. xD

@Yuu: he say soft modded. hard modded will be even more ex, for extra stability, but soft mod is stable enuf. (according to him lah).

Ya, soft mod is better cos' you can remove it anytime but only con is that those games which needs constant updates, you may not be able to play cos' soft mod blocks off all updates.

And.. woooo.. you getting wii taiko ma?? kekekekke~
Want me to help you unlock anything?? muahaha
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:09 am

wii taiko not so fast bah. the cheapest i saw is at amk hub $169, game plus one drum. I buy Wii jiu POCK le. Must save up all over again. LOL.

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:33 pm

Rubyrain wrote:wii taiko not so fast bah. the cheapest i saw is at amk hub $169, game plus one drum. I buy Wii jiu POCK le. Must save up all over again. LOL.

Haha, order the taiko wii online, much cheaper than that shop. xD
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:27 am

O.o? frm where? how much?

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:36 am

Rubyrain wrote:O.o? frm where? how much?

Cheaper by not so much though:
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-z3-49-en-70-33fq.html

Sometimes, they do ship for free during some promotional periods.
xD
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:55 am

Play-asia, not really one thing I like, although sometimes, it gives me no choice.

If you're seriously unlucky, they'll cause "trouble" for you.

I actually had ordered a figurine (from Japan, duh) from them, and after 2 weeks, they sent me back a reply, stating that there were no more stock, and canceled my order without my consent.

And I was wondering WTF did it need to take them 2 weeks to check their stock. And it was "IN STOCK" when I ordered. Damn them.

Some of my friends who order from them do face these kind of problems as well. About their stocks wise, and them not being able to "meet your requirements".

So, well, best of luck if you want to order from them. I hope nothing goes wrong like mine.
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:02 am

Eh? I always order from them when i used to work, and they never give me any problems though. o.O

I guess you're quite unlucky?
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:31 pm

yuu_yuki wrote:Eh? I always order from them when i used to work, and they never give me any problems though. o.O

I guess you're quite unlucky?

Maybe, and it's always figurines I (and my friend) order that gives us problems. And it's usually "IN STOCK" when you order and in about a few days/weeks, they send you a reply saying that it is out of stock or cannot meet your requirements.

Never had any problems with other things from what I know, except for figurines.
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:37 am

I see i see.. Cos' i order games but never figurines. =P
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down