Taiko Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clear the rants and raves thread regularly

+3
Mint
yuu_yuki
ongchinkai
7 posters

Go down

Clear the rants and raves thread regularly Empty Clear the rants and raves thread regularly

Post by ongchinkai Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:48 pm

The ranting thread is 15 pages long, and the raves thread is 8 - not sure why the discrepancy in numbers, though. Anyway, the point is these two threads are getting too long and difficult to follow, so either the moderator *cough yuu cough cough* start new threads and archive the existing ones, or clear the threads regularly.

I think threads should not exceed 5 pages; any longer and it's hard to follow, especially for newcomers.
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Clear the rants and raves thread regularly Empty Re: Clear the rants and raves thread regularly

Post by yuu_yuki Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:57 pm

*cough*
It's done.

As for the happy thread, 8pgs is still okay, so once it's too much, i shall archive it.
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Clear the rants and raves thread regularly Empty Re: Clear the rants and raves thread regularly

Post by Mint Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:03 pm

I think 8-10 pages should be the limit.... Smile
Mint
Mint
見習い
見習い

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:05 pm

True, too much is hard to follow up.. xD
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Rokodo Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:17 pm

Why would you NEED to follow up a rant thread? I'd just go with the flow. Owell. Razz
Rokodo
Rokodo
素人
素人

Back to top Go down

Post by jenny_amh Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:59 pm

some ppl will wan to read some rant we have before.. some ppl are alway in this case.. =)
jenny_amh
jenny_amh
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrozz Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:39 am

Remember how the introduction topic was broken up? That worked pretty well, it was much more organized too. Hopefully we can eliminate the ranting topic and get users to post individual topics for each rant. If we don't then people will be ranting about the same things over and over again without realizing it. Let's say someone rants about "No Taiko machines in the UK." then when that gets lost in the aging of the ranting topic, it will be hard to reply to that rant or to post something related to that rant or to post relative information to that rant. Now if that person posted a new topic called "No Taiko machines in the UK" then the entire discussion can be about Taiko Machines in the UK. So when someone else also wants to discuss things about "No Taiko Machines in the UK" they can post it in that topic, rather than putting up a new post in the ranting topic. See what I'm saying? katWink=D
Pyrozz
Pyrozz
Head of Simulation Development
Head of Simulation Development

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:42 pm

I get you. Why didn't I think of it, lol
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:55 pm

Breaking up the rants for each single topic, then it will be like.. erm.. tons of topics. xD
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:24 pm

I think that's the point, so that people can choose which one they wanna reply to, without having to go through pages of post? I'd prefer tons of threads actually...
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by HareHareYukai Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:10 pm

Pyrozz wrote:Remember how the introduction topic was broken up? That worked pretty well, it was much more organized too. Hopefully we can eliminate the ranting topic and get users to post individual topics for each rant. If we don't then people will be ranting about the same things over and over again without realizing it. Let's say someone rants about "No Taiko machines in the UK." then when that gets lost in the aging of the ranting topic, it will be hard to reply to that rant or to post something related to that rant or to post relative information to that rant. Now if that person posted a new topic called "No Taiko machines in the UK" then the entire discussion can be about Taiko Machines in the UK. So when someone else also wants to discuss things about "No Taiko Machines in the UK" they can post it in that topic, rather than putting up a new post in the ranting topic. See what I'm saying? katWink=D

and if you go read the archived ranting thread you will see the exact number of ranting topics mentioned. the total ranting posts will totally fill up the whole full one page of "round-table gossip" section. things will get messy. after all its a ranting thread. why bother going to such extents to clear things up. Its a ranting thread! xD
*like even if we go off topic a little it doesnt matter hee*
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down