Taiko Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOW TO DOWNLOAD TAIKO NO TATSUJIN PORTABLE SONGS

+5
ongchinkai
dUeLLi
DieForIt
Pyrozz
yuu_yuki
9 posters

Go down

HOW TO DOWNLOAD TAIKO NO TATSUJIN PORTABLE SONGS Empty HOW TO DOWNLOAD TAIKO NO TATSUJIN PORTABLE SONGS

Post by yuu_yuki Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:15 pm

Do you guys know you can download new songs into your Taiko no Tatsujin Portables??
And here's the guide on how to do it:

You need:

1) A copy of Taiko No Tatsujin Portable.
2) A PSP.
3) A USB cable capable of connecting your PSP to your computer.
4) Basic reasoning skills.

FIRST:
Start Taiko No Tatsujin Portable. Select your profile, and then go to the Options Screen (far right option).

Pick the second option from the left (pictured below):

HOW TO DOWNLOAD TAIKO NO TATSUJIN PORTABLE SONGS Taiko1

Pick the second option from the left on this screen (pictured below):

HOW TO DOWNLOAD TAIKO NO TATSUJIN PORTABLE SONGS Taiko2

Quit the game, and pick USB Connection. Connect the PSP to your computer.

SECOND:
After connecting you PSP to your computer, go to the following path: /(YOURPSP)/PSP/SAVEGAME/PPCD00765NAMCOTAIKO/. You'll find a download.htm - open it in your IE or Mozilla Firefox web browser. There will be a single link on the page. Click it.

On the ensuing page, click on the Green button (pictured below).

HOW TO DOWNLOAD TAIKO NO TATSUJIN PORTABLE SONGS Taiko3

On the resulting page, you'll find red buttons and rectangles. Each one of these is a song, so open each one for the following steps:

On the resulting page, you'll see a DON link and a KAT link (pictured below). Right-click each one (both .DON and .KAT) and save the linked file into /(YOURPSP)/PSP/SAVEGAME/PPCD00765_NAMCO_TAIKO/ (the same folder you found download.htm).

HOW TO DOWNLOAD TAIKO NO TATSUJIN PORTABLE SONGS Taiko4

The .DON files are 1.3-1.9 MB; the .KAT files are .1 kb.
You need to download BOTH of .DON and .KAT files in order for the songs to work.

THIRD:
After you're done downloading all the songs, disconnect your PSP and relaunch Taiko No Tatsujin Portable. If you're successful, you'll see an extra step in the load sequence where it'll load some more stuff off the memory card. Then, once you hit the song list, you'll see the extra songs at the end of the song list:

HOW TO DOWNLOAD TAIKO NO TATSUJIN PORTABLE SONGS Taiko5

The songs don't have any sort of preview in Portable One Series, but they definitely do work.

**Credits goes to Dan, 2005**
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

HOW TO DOWNLOAD TAIKO NO TATSUJIN PORTABLE SONGS Empty Re: HOW TO DOWNLOAD TAIKO NO TATSUJIN PORTABLE SONGS

Post by Pyrozz Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:02 am

Do you have a KAT file you can send me, I want to look at it. I don't have a PSP, so I can't open the download.htm. ):
I wanted to look at a KAT file because it is obvious that the KAT file is the data for the rhythm part, and the DON file is the song. I just want to see if I can deconstruct the file to learn from for the simulator I am working.... Andy KAT file would do.
Pyrozz
Pyrozz
Head of Simulation Development
Head of Simulation Development

Back to top Go down

HOW TO DOWNLOAD TAIKO NO TATSUJIN PORTABLE SONGS Empty Re: HOW TO DOWNLOAD TAIKO NO TATSUJIN PORTABLE SONGS

Post by DieForIt Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:26 am

Thank you for this fantastic tutorial! I didn't know that I can play custom songs on my PSP! DanceDance
DieForIt
DieForIt
素人
素人

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:31 am

Lolz, those are downloadable songs to add in your collections =D
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by dUeLLi Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:34 pm

But is it true that in taiko no tatsujin portable 2 you can't download it by the computer instead only through wi-fi??

Well for me, I downloaded all the songs available through wi-fi.. so I really don't know if its okay with a computer..
dUeLLi
dUeLLi
へたっび
へたっび

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:11 am

I downloaded it using my computer and then transferred it via USB. Smile
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by rianelson009 Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:34 pm

Can anyone tell me the list for DL songs in portaburu 2?
rianelson009
rianelson009
素人
素人

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:58 am

If you're fine with just the Japanese names then I'll put them up soon Smile
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by adri Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:42 am

my favs in taiko 2 psp dl songs :still a duckling and taberuna2000
adri
adri
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkOni++ Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:41 pm

Haha bcoz of downloading my memory stick gonna full already...
Do they have rotter now? I cant find it..

DarkOni++
駆けだし
駆けだし

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelayr Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:16 pm

Have Portable 2 owners been keeping up to date with the latest download songs? Smile

Namco have just announced December's download songs: Future Lab and Toccata and Fugue and Rock. I'm very pleased about Toccata especially - it's one of my favourite Classic songs!

Kelayr
素人
素人

Back to top Go down