Taiko Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Designing a poster for TAIKO DOJO

+6
Biohazard
Pyrozz
DieForIt
yuu_yuki
ongchinkai
fuuyue
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Designing a poster for TAIKO DOJO Empty Designing a poster for TAIKO DOJO

Post by fuuyue Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:24 am

anyone up for the challenge, to design a digital A4 size poster for our forum?
fuuyue
fuuyue
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Designing a poster for TAIKO DOJO Empty Re: Designing a poster for TAIKO DOJO

Post by ongchinkai Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:28 am

Let's see, we'll have to think about what sort of info to put on the poster (besides our URL) and also our target audience - it's too general to say that our posters are going to be targeted at all TnT players. scratch
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by fuuyue Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:36 am

actually i was just thinking of an eye-catching poster with our url.

thats it.

LOL too little info?
fuuyue
fuuyue
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:53 pm

Well we could do that...just that as a poster it isn't going to be very informative? Not sure what others think though...
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:21 pm

And where will this poster be placed then?? o.O
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by DieForIt Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:38 pm

yuu_yuki wrote:And where will this poster be placed then?? o.O
I don't know, good question Very Happy
DieForIt
DieForIt
素人
素人

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:49 pm

We'll definitely need permission in order to put it up at Zone-X, and even then it may not be alright for them. This one really depends.
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrozz Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:23 am

Posters are great....

What is A4 size?
Pyrozz
Pyrozz
Head of Simulation Development

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:40 pm

A4 size is 210mm by 297mm. Not sure if you can visualize that...
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:00 pm

Pyrozz wrote:Posters are great....

What is A4 size?

A4 size is those normal books or printing paper size which you often see.. =p
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by DieForIt Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:45 am

Why not A2 Razz
DieForIt
DieForIt
素人
素人

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:35 am

A2 is way too big! Well...we'll like that, but we don't have a place to display that big a poster, and the arcades most likely won't have that too...
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by fuuyue Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:59 pm

ITS A4 because its going to be an impromptu thing we inconspicously place on the drum machine WHILE playing.

like forexample, prop it beside the right drum perhaps.

i doubt ZoneX will let us put up posters u see.
so we have to be sneaky
fuuyue
fuuyue
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:51 pm

DTE has very high human traffic, good idea to start there IMO. Smile
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by fuuyue Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:09 pm

i was thinking if DTE and JP actually
fuuyue
fuuyue
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:26 am

So any designers around?? haha
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrozz Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:30 pm

yuu_yuki wrote:So any designers around?? haha

Sachi might be able to make something... She's a really good artist!

I am going to start working on one soon...
Pyrozz
Pyrozz

Back to top Go down

Post by fuuyue Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:44 pm

Pyrozz wrote:

Sachi might be able to make something... She's a really good artist!

I am going to start working on one soon...

ima thinking of the design... but i cant draw.
so... sigh...

got a feeling if sachi comes up with something, there might be sakura petals in it =D
fuuyue
fuuyue
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Biohazard Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:19 am

I could probably make one if you'd like. What do you want the design to be?

Biohazard
へたっび
へたっび

Back to top Go down

Post by kralos Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:09 pm

*raises hand*

Just give me more details and I can start working on something... I asume just the URL would be fine? looking at how there's people from all around here, it'd be hard to put any messages in without having to fit in translations. Maybe just add 太鼓の達人too, since people that know the characters will recognize that.

Do we want just a few "main" characters, (don, katsu, donko, tetsuo, hana) or should we add the whole cast somehow? I'm thinking probably just go with the regular japanese theme, maybe have mt. fuji, waves, and the Mitsudomoe or something.
kralos
kralos
素人
素人

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:42 pm

kralos wrote:
*raises hand*

Just give me more details and I can start working on something... I asume just the URL would be fine? looking at how there's people from all around here, it'd be hard to put any messages in without having to fit in translations. Maybe just add 太鼓の達人too, since people that know the characters will recognize that.

Do we want just a few "main" characters, (don, katsu, donko, tetsuo, hana) or should we add the whole cast somehow? I'm thinking probably just go with the regular japanese theme, maybe have mt. fuji, waves, and the Mitsudomoe or something.

Haha, finally a designer around~ Yay~

The poster can be something which will include our taikodojo dot net website address.
Also, it can be something that's professional looking and appeals to the general public (by the way, i used your LV taiko brown wallpaper on my laptop and it's so cool looking, heez), while at the same time some of the pictures that's found in the game itself.

Because we want more older audience to try play the game and get them hook. =P
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenova Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:42 pm

lol didn't notice this thread till it was "reopened" earlier today XD

yay, more publicity =p we gotta address some problems among the older audience then...

1. Well, lowest level problem, those who play dunno bout us, this one just recommend and stuff, but if they see a poster there everytime, some might not care, so we may have to approach DIRECTLY, as what we usually do =p

2. I think quite a few ppl who have seen it think it's a kid's game because they watch kids playing kantan doraemon and all... =.= we need to PUSH that idea away from their mind.

We can go to the outlets more often to show some of the harder songs a bit when our poster is there to show that it is not childish, but is challenging, and organizing outings might show them the joy and the fun, and so on blah dah yada..... I mean, yeah >_<"

3. The first group is people who are hooked alr but dunno bout us, second is ppl who know about game but dun play. Last group, is those who are good, like from COs and stuff, but don't even know about the game >< I dun think can go from CO to CO to promote, this one I'm not sure how to address...

EDIT: oh yeah, the last group is the hardest. Dunno about drums at all, but might have hidden talent, those are probably very hard to find. And even if found, may not convince 'em... =(

Zenova
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by HareHareYukai Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:06 pm

Zenova wrote:lol didn't notice this thread till it was "reopened" earlier today XD

yay, more publicity =p we gotta address some problems among the older audience then...

1. Well, lowest level problem, those who play dunno bout us, this one just recommend and stuff, but if they see a poster there everytime, some might not care, so we may have to approach DIRECTLY, as what we usually do =p
no. i disagree. if there's a poster there, we won't have EVERYONE ignoring it. in fact quite a number will notice to the extent that we get unwanted attention. we do want to keep this forum at a certain standard of maturity, which is why we would, choose to invite on a case-by-case basis. i mean this case-by-case basis does limit our publicity, but still a poster there allowing everyone to know will cause more problems for us as well.

Zenova wrote:2. I think quite a few ppl who have seen it think it's a kid's game because they watch kids playing kantan doraemon and all... =.= we need to PUSH that idea away from their mind.

We can go to the outlets more often to show some of the harder songs a bit when our poster is there to show that it is not childish, but is challenging, and organizing outings might show them the joy and the fun, and so on blah dah yada..... I mean, yeah >_<"

first things first.
are you trying to say that the game in itself is childish? i mean everyone starts as a kantan player. you cannot just say that an easy song= childish. there are players out there who begin at 9years old playing kantan to oni now. its a development process. i can tell you i started with kantan(if im not wrong) at 9 years old as well.

You will not be able to push away the idea that it's a kid's game. After all, if the creators of the game create so many cute graphics etc, including children songs, tips on both drums' usage in easy songs for parents to join, it shows alot about the aims of the game targetting a range of audience.

i agree with the point on outings to show how group outings in this society is fun.
however i disagree with the point of
Zenova wrote:We can go to the outlets more often to show some of the harder songs a bit when our poster is there to show that it is not childish,
There's no link between the two. You cannot prove that players who play, or rather the game itself at a higher level, demonstrates the non-childishness of a player or the game itself.

You'll never know when a child of a young age comes playing oni.
Or even, an immature player. I mean the possibilities are there.

Zenova wrote:3. The first group is people who are hooked alr but dunno bout us, second is ppl who know about game but dun play. Last group, is those who are good, like from COs and stuff, but don't even know about the game >< I dun think can go from CO to CO to promote, this one I'm not sure how to address...

Actually.. if they're hooked onto the game.. chances are that they'll visit the arcade more often right, so when that happens the chances of a dojo member meeting the person is increased. either that or the dojo member does not recognise the player as a player who really has passion for the game/enjoys the game etc.

2nd point: it all depends on individuals. i mean everyone doesn't play for various reasons.
Some people may choose not to play because they think its a waste of money.
Some people may think its too easy etc, or its a kids game. I mean its true that Taiko no tatsujin, to some extent is a kids game. And because of this some people may choose to play other games over it.
Some people may just not like the game.
we cannot impose anything on their free will. it's up to them whether they want to play. its not necessarily the case whereby they know of the game but they dont play it = they dont know the real fun/enjoyment in the game
because thats a solvable situation, as compared to a situation whereby someone just does not have interest in the game/not willing to spend money.

I disagree that one who is capable in CO will definitely be capable in the game in itself, vice versa.
It's very different.

Zenova wrote:EDIT: oh yeah, the last group is the hardest. Dunno about drums at all, but might have hidden talent, those are probably very hard to find. And even if found, may not convince 'em... =(

Hmm then, in the first place, how do you even identify this group of people? If a person doesnt know anything about drums at all, how do you even identify the person within the community?
The thing is, you can't find them unless they play the game itself and you realise it. So thus, there will be no such thing as finding a person with hidden talent and asking that person to go play taiko. >>> doesn't make sense. because how do you even know the person has hidden talent?
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:58 am

Designing a poster for TAIKO DOJO Presen12

took this from various profile pics and played ard. LOL. looks abit weird eh...

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:24 am

HareHareYukai wrote:
I disagree that one who is capable in CO will definitely be capable in the game in itself, vice versa.
It's very different.

I totally agree with brandon.
CO and TnT is different. Although the skills used in CO can apply in TnT, it doesn't mean that a person skillful in CO will definitely be capable in the game itself.
I can say this because i know one of them personally.

So basically, there's a line drawn between a game and real instruments.

And brandon,
regarding your point #2, i have the same view as lexus.
What lexus brought up is true. Lexus is not implying that playing kantan doraemon is childish BUT he's trying to say that most people from the general public views it's childish because most of the time, they see only little children playing in those mode. And since most of the time they get to see little children playing kantan modes and songs like doraemon, in their mindset, they believe that it's more appealing to children and if they play, they will be seen as "childish". Sad, but true. This is what most of them will see it. Yes, the little children will grow up to be maybe the best player around but still, that's a long way to go. But we are more concern into making more people believe that the game is not only for children.

Most people will be awed and go "wow, wow, you're crazy, that's abnormal" etc etc even when a person is playing muzukashi mode. It doesn't even take oni mode to awe them. All it takes is to FC some muzukashi song to the general adult public and you'll get those kinds of responses. (Yeah, that's what i get when this guy comes in and tap and join in to play with me out of the blue and well, ironically to this subject, it's doraemon song in muzu and he shakes hands with me before he left which i erm.. kinda stunned..)

All you need is to simply awe the people and they no longer think that it's kids games because they may not be able to play well in higher level. (Unfortunately, most people relates easy things to kids and hard things to adults. So you can't change this social way of thinking)
Remember that psychologically, people are awed at something which they themselves cannot do and when someone comes into the picture and do it perfectly, then there are high chances that they'll be awe and will give a second thought to the game (cos' they've been seeing kids play and hardly any grown-up playing).
Just look at the UFO experts. To them, catching 2/3 plushies for one credit is normal to them, but to us, it's like wow!! wth??
So the working principle underlying these concepts are the same. =D

And brandon, you have your valid points here but i have to say that it looks like you're trying to find little faults and shoot lexus. You forgotten what i told you before??
Okay, let's get back on topic, shall we?

Rubyrain wrote:Designing a poster for TAIKO DOJO Presen12

took this from various profile pics and played ard. LOL. looks abit weird eh...

Ruby, lolz, it looks weird somehow. xD
Cos' the wordings on the pic is actually one of taikodojo-er's username. xD

Last edited by yuu_yuki on Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:25 am; edited 2 times in total
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next