Taiko Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encouraging some people to play Oni songs

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Encouraging some people to play Oni songs - Page 2 Empty Re: Encouraging some people to play Oni songs

Post by ongchinkai on Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:38 am

I haven't seen the 8-star version in action before, hahaha... Razz
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前


Back to top Go down

Encouraging some people to play Oni songs - Page 2 Empty Re: Encouraging some people to play Oni songs

Post by yuu_yuki on Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:02 pm

Haha, chin kai can try the coded version.
Hit alternate drum side 21 times and you'll get the coded version.

_________________
Year 2012, I still love my kapibaras
TaikoDojo will Survive!!
somehow.. in its own unique ways..



I worship the book of Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.... and Kapibara Plushies xD
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki
Moderator
Moderator


Back to top Go down

Encouraging some people to play Oni songs - Page 2 Empty Re: Encouraging some people to play Oni songs

Post by fuuyue on Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:52 pm

ongchinkai wrote:I haven't seen the 8-star version in action before, hahaha... Razz

the nxt time we go taikoing, i show u!
but i might not pass it. actually, i never did!
fuuyue
fuuyue
半人前
半人前


Back to top Go down

Encouraging some people to play Oni songs - Page 2 Empty Re: Encouraging some people to play Oni songs

Post by yuu_yuki on Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:44 pm

but you pass the normal season of asia and the opposite mode ar. =D

_________________
Year 2012, I still love my kapibaras
TaikoDojo will Survive!!
somehow.. in its own unique ways..



I worship the book of Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.... and Kapibara Plushies xD
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki
Moderator
Moderator


Back to top Go down

Encouraging some people to play Oni songs - Page 2 Empty Re: Encouraging some people to play Oni songs

Post by fuuyue on Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:38 pm

lol yea la

but if i wanna show chinkai...
well i wld be playing with chinkai then mah
n if he cant pass n i cant pass.
then its game over. hahaha
fuuyue
fuuyue
半人前
半人前


Back to top Go down

Encouraging some people to play Oni songs - Page 2 Empty Re: Encouraging some people to play Oni songs

Post by yuu_yuki on Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:12 am

play as the last song for fun? =D

_________________
Year 2012, I still love my kapibaras
TaikoDojo will Survive!!
somehow.. in its own unique ways..



I worship the book of Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.... and Kapibara Plushies xD
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki
Moderator
Moderator


Back to top Go down

Encouraging some people to play Oni songs - Page 2 Empty Re: Encouraging some people to play Oni songs

Post by fuuyue on Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:59 am

ya can only do tt lor
fuuyue
fuuyue
半人前
半人前


Back to top Go down

Encouraging some people to play Oni songs - Page 2 Empty Re: Encouraging some people to play Oni songs

Post by HareHareYukai on Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:16 pm

i TOTALLY AGREE with gepi also, 8* SOA's rhythm is no way as nice as the usual one.. and sob you people at jp keep spamming SOA -.-" of course popularity no.1 great hindrance to my goal of harehareyukai most popular(though only me(and force) gepi to play)!

Current standings @ jp:
Popularity:
1st: Seasons Of Asia
2nd: Hare Hare Yukai
3rd: Dragon Spirit
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中


Back to top Go down

Encouraging some people to play Oni songs - Page 2 Empty Re: Encouraging some people to play Oni songs

Post by HareHareYukai on Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:17 pm

oh and the third placing dragon spirit is still very shaky at the moment because i was playing qingshu one day and it jumped to 3rd in just one song. 3rd-6th unsteady. 5th and 6th include songs like ekiben, advanced hyakarryouran i dont know what, and qingshu2000.
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中


Back to top Go down

Encouraging some people to play Oni songs - Page 2 Empty Re: Encouraging some people to play Oni songs

Post by yuu_yuki on Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:09 pm

Actually what's with the ranking?? o.O

_________________
Year 2012, I still love my kapibaras
TaikoDojo will Survive!!
somehow.. in its own unique ways..



I worship the book of Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.... and Kapibara Plushies xD
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki
Moderator
Moderator


Back to top Go down

Encouraging some people to play Oni songs - Page 2 Empty Re: Encouraging some people to play Oni songs

Post by Resdel on Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:13 pm

It is not my fault. It is Teru's. He says he wants to break Gepi's 900000+ record, the season of asia.

Resdel
見習い
見習い


Back to top Go down

Encouraging some people to play Oni songs - Page 2 Empty Re: Encouraging some people to play Oni songs

Post by yuu_yuki on Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:48 pm

Season of Asia can be way more than 940000.
Here's a rough estimation for Teru if he wants over 900000+ for the song:

Total notes of Oni Season of Asia is 536
445 liang + 91 ke + 31 drum roll = 920510
466 liang + 70 ke + 29 drum roll = 938780
468 liang + 68 ke + 27 drum roll gets the score of 941700

_________________
Year 2012, I still love my kapibaras
TaikoDojo will Survive!!
somehow.. in its own unique ways..



I worship the book of Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.... and Kapibara Plushies xD
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki
Moderator
Moderator


Back to top Go down

Encouraging some people to play Oni songs - Page 2 Empty Re: Encouraging some people to play Oni songs

Post by gepi on Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:02 pm

mine's somewhere around 940k. can't remember. when he breaks it, most likely I won't try to get my high scores back. the only scores that I'll reclaim tentatively if it is broken is bachi osensei, densetsu no matsuri and love so sweet(though not fc omg argh).
gepi
gepi
修行中
修行中


Back to top Go down

Encouraging some people to play Oni songs - Page 2 Empty Re: Encouraging some people to play Oni songs

Post by HareHareYukai on Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:31 pm

nooo plz dun play seasons of asia at jp =x hehe

nothings with the ranking. its just popularity rate AKA ren qi in chinese in game.
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中


Back to top Go down

Encouraging some people to play Oni songs - Page 2 Empty Re: Encouraging some people to play Oni songs

Post by yuu_yuki on Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:46 pm

Hahahaha, amk hub one always top in songs like children songs, chinese songs.. xD

Speaking of popularity, i once saw it's 两只老虎 as the top song~
DanceDance

_________________
Year 2012, I still love my kapibaras
TaikoDojo will Survive!!
somehow.. in its own unique ways..



I worship the book of Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.... and Kapibara Plushies xD
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki
Moderator
Moderator


Back to top Go down

Encouraging some people to play Oni songs - Page 2 Empty Re: Encouraging some people to play Oni songs

Post by HareHareYukai on Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:01 pm

LOLOL. jp top song always Lian Ai-ING. dont know why but oh well, then 2nd and 3rd are doraemon and 2 tigers respectively.
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中


Back to top Go down

Encouraging some people to play Oni songs - Page 2 Empty Re: Encouraging some people to play Oni songs

Post by yuu_yuki on Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:31 am

We shall not off-topic now. Let's get back to Encouraging some people to play oni. =)

Let's start off.
For players who wanna try oni, they can start to play simple songs like doreamon. If you are afraid to fail, you can always play it as the last song. Else, you can ask another player to play with you too.

Other suggestions are welcome. =D

_________________
Year 2012, I still love my kapibaras
TaikoDojo will Survive!!
somehow.. in its own unique ways..



I worship the book of Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.... and Kapibara Plushies xD
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki
Moderator
Moderator


Back to top Go down

Encouraging some people to play Oni songs - Page 2 Empty Re: Encouraging some people to play Oni songs

Post by Resdel on Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:15 am

I am curious that Lian_Ai_ing is/was one of the oni best in Ang Mo Kio Hub arcade. Is it easy to play in oni mode? Or is it because many couples just want to choose this song as oni last song?

Resdel
見習い
見習い


Back to top Go down

Encouraging some people to play Oni songs - Page 2 Empty Re: Encouraging some people to play Oni songs

Post by HareHareYukai on Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:08 pm

i shall stand on the side of yuu cuz i made a seperate thread regarding popularity le. go post there ba. dont drift off topic..

Back to the topic of encouraging ppl to play oni.
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中


Back to top Go down

Encouraging some people to play Oni songs - Page 2 Empty Re: Encouraging some people to play Oni songs

Post by yuu_yuki on Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:38 am

Yup, so anymore other suggestions to encourage others to go into oni? =D

_________________
Year 2012, I still love my kapibaras
TaikoDojo will Survive!!
somehow.. in its own unique ways..



I worship the book of Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.... and Kapibara Plushies xD
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki
Moderator
Moderator


Back to top Go down

Encouraging some people to play Oni songs - Page 2 Empty Re: Encouraging some people to play Oni songs

Post by fuuyue on Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:53 am

as i always say, get those hu r good in muzu to play with ppl hu can pass oni.
lalala wun die, n can get to try.
kill 2 birdies with 1 stone =)
fuuyue
fuuyue
半人前
半人前


Back to top Go down

Encouraging some people to play Oni songs - Page 2 Empty Re: Encouraging some people to play Oni songs

Post by yuu_yuki on Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:44 am

Some of them may be quite shy lehz.. They still don't dare to play oni even if someone offers to play with them..
They keep thinking they cannot see the notes in oni. @.@
So wondering how to let them break this oni-fear barrier..

_________________
Year 2012, I still love my kapibaras
TaikoDojo will Survive!!
somehow.. in its own unique ways..



I worship the book of Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.... and Kapibara Plushies xD
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki
Moderator
Moderator


Back to top Go down

Encouraging some people to play Oni songs - Page 2 Empty Re: Encouraging some people to play Oni songs

Post by Resdel on Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:16 am

If they can play as 2 persons, play the last song in oni mode. The aim is to enjoy the song, most likely to gain the momentum.(sorry for typo.) Like what gepi did last time is correct, if you are a first time oni player, play a super easy song, like doraemon, as in what I say in the first post or play a slow song to get the feel of the Oni mode. Hi five them or congratz them whenever they pass. Usually the first time pass in the Oni mode is always critical for the rookie player to gain confidence. If an Oni rookie player is down while failing the songs a few times already, drop him or her to muzukashi mode for the time being. Same thing, move from 5 stars, 6, 7 then to 8. By the time the player is quite comfortable in playing 7 stars muzu songs, he or she should have confidence to retry Oni mode again.

Resdel
見習い
見習い


Back to top Go down

Encouraging some people to play Oni songs - Page 2 Empty Re: Encouraging some people to play Oni songs

Post by Resdel on Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:00 pm

This post you get to read now may sound opposed to this topic, but nevertheless, I am still talking about oni songs. Got a bit of ranting, but since I set up this post, I will try to moderate it.

HareHareYukai wrote:
eh but that hana score is easily beaten leh, when i played doubles with gepi cuz he wanted to play hana he got 900+k i got 800+k i missed one note he FC. which means even if he didnt made the record i would have leh.

gepi wrote:
I wouldn't say it's easily beaten. it's because me and blyx played 2x speed. so the notes are easier to read. in fact, I've inadvertently wiped out your muzukashii's bumbleebee and kurenai's score just now because I was playing with cyt and her sis(I think.) though it's not fc. but I think I'll be back to fc kurenai. KURENAI POWER! lol.


See the difference between a very good player and a 2nd place player in the JP arcade within this forum? Some may have get it now, but others may not. For Gepi's case, I somewhat accept his apology, even though the word "sorry" isn't there, but at least he meant it. Actually, ..., Never mind.

I want to talk about the term: "5+26". It is an abbreviation of a simple word. Let me code 2 examples:

1) When we say 1 + 1 = 2, it is "5+26" to understand because it is a fact, nothing difficult about it, unless the person is a spastic or a kid who don't know numbers at all.

2) This example is partially taken from another post. A fiction encounter:
A japanese girl came to challenge BLYX to a 4 round duel of oni 2000 songs, excluding kitasaimata 2000. Difficulty is set according to BLYX. The first song is played. The girl FC the song. BLYX missed only one note. The second song is played, again the girl FC-ed. BLYX missed one note again. The third song and fourth song are played too. The girl FC-ed both and BLYX missed one note each for the last two songs. 4 songs gave the girl 4M points and she topped the individual list. Before she goes off, she throws BLYX one statement: The songs are all very "5+26" what, why you cannot even FC one song? If you are BLYX, how do you feel?

The reason why I want to write this post is because, frankly speaking, BLYX, I know you come from RI, and being an RI student, you have strong vocabulary, strong grammar and of course, your foundation of English is good. But do you ever try to think of what you are going to say when you put up the above post? Do you know the consequences of throwing the word "5+26" when you talk to someone else? Do you have the fact to show that the song is "5+26"? This is an Oni Song, "FOR GOD SAKE". True for you to say that, if your thinking is like example 2, which is my own opinion, like the girl say. Then, how about thinking it in the example 1 way, where unless most of the people says that it is "5+26", then you throw the statement? So what if I fail the song? Are you going to mock at me? Also, you must also know one thing, that THAT statement of yours that you make also affects all people who play taiko that cannot clear the song. I respect you, so example 2, I only say you missed one note for all 4 songs. If I am really nasty against you, I say you only get one yellow bar for all the songs. What you imply, to put it directly to you also means 2 things, either you try to make all the taiko players pass the song to shame me, or I forced, example, AMH to pass the song because that thoughtless statement of yours drives me crazy. Crying or Very sad

To put it in a simple way, I won't force you to apologise to me, for what you had said and you also do not need to remove the previous post, but I really hoped that you really learn this lesson. Everybody has a different Oni learning curves compared to you, me, Gepi, AMH, Yuu, Yue... So please be very mindful of what you say before you send any other posts next time.

I end my case.

Resdel
見習い
見習い


Back to top Go down

Encouraging some people to play Oni songs - Page 2 Empty A reply to resdel.

Post by HareHareYukai on Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:45 pm

I shall reply part by part.

Resdel wrote:This post you get to read now may sound opposed to this topic, but nevertheless, I am still talking about oni songs. Got a bit of ranting, but since I set up this post, I will try to moderate it.

The fact is that it is off topic. You are talking about oni songs but you are not talking about encouraging people to play oni songs.

Resdel wrote:See the difference between a very good player and a 2nd place player in the JP arcade within this forum? Some may have get it now, but others may not. For Gepi's case, I somewhat accept his apology, even though the word "sorry" isn't there, but at least he meant it. Actually, ..., Never mind.

1) You are trying to illustrate the difference in the way gepi and i feel toward songs.
Gepi and I think differently for this song. But that does not support your point. You are just saying that I think this song is easy and he thinks this is not so easy.

2) I respect the fact that you like "hana", and its your favourite song. But that does not mean the song at any taiko machine belongs to you, and the high-score must be yours. When you set a score, you have to be mentally prepared for some other person to break it anytime. So in that sense, no apology is needed if you break another person's score.

Resdel wrote:I want to talk about the term: "5+26". It is an abbreviation of a simple word. Let me code 2 examples:

1) When we say 1 + 1 = 2, it is "5+26" to understand because it is a fact, nothing difficult about it, unless the person is a spastic or a kid who don't know numbers at all.

2) This example is partially taken from another post. A fiction encounter:
A japanese girl came to challenge BLYX to a 4 round duel of oni 2000 songs, excluding kitasaimata 2000. Difficulty is set according to BLYX. The first song is played. The girl FC the song. BLYX missed only one note. The second song is played, again the girl FC-ed. BLYX missed one note again. The third song and fourth song are played too. The girl FC-ed both and BLYX missed one note each for the last two songs. 4 songs gave the girl 4M points and she topped the individual list. Before she goes off, she throws BLYX one statement: The songs are all very "5+26" what, why you cannot even FC one song? If you are BLYX, how do you feel?

1) I find the song simple, so I just say that I would have broke your score at the end of the day even if gepi did not break it. No mockery involved.

2) You didn't have to use all those examples in your case. It isn't necessary. You can basically substitute "5+26" with "easy".

Resdel wrote:The reason why I want to write this post is because, frankly speaking, BLYX, I know you come from RI, and being an RI student, you have strong vocabulary, strong grammar and of course, your foundation of English is good.

This is irrelevant to this topic as well as this post. From that post i have not used any strong vocabulary words or grammar.

Resdel wrote:But do you ever try to think of what you are going to say when you put up the above post? Do you know the consequences of throwing the word "5+26" when you talk to someone else?

As mentioned earlier, just substitute "5+26" with "easy". If you find a song easy, you don't tell others its hard, do you?

Resdel wrote:Do you have the fact to show that the song is "5+26"?

I think its easy. You do not provide evidence to show that something is easy. If you feel its easy to you, its easy. It is not a universal fact, so there is no politically correct or wrong answer.

Resdel wrote:This is an Oni Song, "FOR GOD SAKE". True for you to say that, if your thinking is like example 2, which is my own opinion, like the girl say. Then, how about thinking it in the example 1 way, where unless most of the people says that it is "5+26", then you throw the statement? So what if I fail the song? Are you going to mock at me? Also, you must also know one thing, that THAT statement of yours that you make also affects all people who play taiko that cannot clear the song.

"Everyone has different oni learning curves." that's a quote from you from this exact same post. I find this song easy. This is my gauge of an easy song. Others may gauge this as a hard song.

But, since everyone has DIFFERENT ONI LEARNING CURVES, you cannot compare, so if there is NO comparison, there is no mockery involved.

I find this song easy. It isn't a universally correct thing to do by saying that this song is hard.

Resdel wrote: I respect you, so example 2, I only say you missed one note for all 4 songs. If I am really nasty against you, I say you only get one yellow bar for all the songs. What you imply, to put it directly to you also means 2 things, either you try to make all the taiko players pass the song to shame me, or I forced, example, AMH to pass the song because that thoughtless statement of yours drives me crazy. Crying or Very sad

1) It doesn't make you nastier or less nasty whether or not you give me one note miss or one bar. You're just trying to show how big the gap is between players.

2) It does not mean ANYTHING. I think its easy, you think its challenging. That's all.

You do not play a song to shame others, because if its like that, then even you are doing that, because there are other players who can only play kantan mode.

Lastly, EVEN IF the whole world passes it besides you, there is no shame in being last, there is only shame in not trying. If you try your best and give your best effort you know it. That's all you need to know.

Resdel wrote:To put it in a simple way, I won't force you to apologise to me, for what you had said and you also do not need to remove the previous post, but I really hoped that you really learn this lesson. Everybody has a different Oni learning curves compared to you, me, Gepi, AMH, Yuu, Yue... So please be very mindful of what you say before you send any other posts next time.

I end my case.

1) The sarcasm involved is indirectly asking for an apology.
2) What am I apologizing for? For saying a song is easy in my opinion?
3) What lesson?
4) Precisely precisely... Everyone has different oni learning curves. So why compare. There is no shame if you think a song is hard and i think its easy.

I am really sorry that I am unable to accede to your request of saying that certain songs are easy.

It is, after all, as emphasized repeatedly throughout this post, NOT a universal fact, nor a politically correct or wrong thing to say that songs are easy or hard.

Thus, if I try my best to find a reason to apologize, it would be for causing a misunderstanding that im mocking you, or the whole wide world of taiko-ers.
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中


Back to top Go down

Encouraging some people to play Oni songs - Page 2 Empty Re: Encouraging some people to play Oni songs

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum