Taiko Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stagnant Skill Level

+2
ongchinkai
fluorescence
6 posters

Go down

Stagnant Skill Level Empty Stagnant Skill Level

Post by fluorescence Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:13 am

Haizz been playing 10 star level for so long le but improving by so little all the ten star songs impossible to sight read and also too tiring still cannot pass tenjiku ekiben soroban etc zzz any advice ?

Been playing 10 star for few months liao can pass couple of songs easily ready but the other ten star songs are way off like only got half the bar out of pass bar T.T
fluorescence
fluorescence
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Stagnant Skill Level Empty Re: Stagnant Skill Level

Post by ongchinkai Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:13 pm

Something like this you can't really rush, I guess. If you're just playing for leisure then not much issue there, IMO. Maybe if there's a song I really like I'd go Youtube to watch videos, or look at the score online?
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by gepi Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:35 pm

plan beforehand which hand to start first especially for songs like kamikaze remix. as for imba bpm songs, I also cmi. but now I only play for fun and laughter so doesn't really matter.
gepi
gepi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenova Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:51 pm

lol well, i guess just practice lor =/ after i didn't play taiko since december last year, i kept craving to play and that's when i passed koibumi in jan. Then that desire to play plus the rush of passing 10* spurred me on to pass more 10* =p

So every day till my next taiko session when I come home I keep watching video the next song I want to pass to satisfy my desire for the time being until the next time I went, and my hand would "play" the notes like on my lap or smth ><" then somehow when I go next time, I can pass le lor

dunno why, but I think as I watch vids I confirm the parts which I can get pass le, and those that I got problem in terms of stickings and all, I look at that long string of notes at wiki and practice hand movements again & again to correct it lor

But I think cuz I already been playing drums in CO so I got my basics, some songs just come naturally I guess... like koibumi and all... but some like saitama's "da ren" part I memorize de XD

Zenova
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:03 am

Zenova wrote:
So every day till my next taiko session when I come home I keep watching video the next song I want to pass to satisfy my desire for the time being until the next time I went, and my hand would "play" the notes like on my lap or smth ><" then somehow when I go next time, I can pass le lor

dunno why, but I think as I watch vids I confirm the parts which I can get pass le, and those that I got problem in terms of stickings and all, I look at that long string of notes at wiki and practice hand movements again & again to correct it lor

But I think cuz I already been playing drums in CO so I got my basics, some songs just come naturally I guess... like koibumi and all... but some like saitama's "da ren" part I memorize de XD

At least to me, my psychology major sociology minor modules are enough for me and i don't want to make taiko as another add-on module or major/minor. lolz
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by MEOWpiku Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:37 am

agree.... i think its more of pumping... or spamming youtube...
MEOWpiku
MEOWpiku
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum