Taiko Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DrumZout 2009 Updates, Information

+9
ongchinkai
まきお
MEOWpiku
Skyne Keira
Zenova
Giazenshia
Rubyrain
yuu_yuki
HareHareYukai
13 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

DrumZout 2009 Updates, Information - Page 2 Empty Re: DrumZout 2009 Updates, Information

Post by Giazenshia Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:07 pm

Skyne Keira wrote:well,i dunno if i can still say i should be on the team,afterall,everyone saw that i can't pass ranbu oni...i swear i've been trying,and passed on one occasion,but that day just cannot pass...sorry people,but if anyone feels that i should step down,then well,i'll do that. yup. but i'll still continue trying till i pass,then if this year cannot be at that standard,then next year will definitely be on team.
btw,i think i might be able to get my bachi this weekend.

Well I would say don't worry about it.

Playing Taiko at the arcade and playing using real instruments are two separate issues.

I believe that even people who can play ranbu on real instruments but had never tried the arcade machine before can still fail it.

And it's only one session of training that we've been though so, it's too early to decide/conclude.
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

DrumZout 2009 Updates, Information - Page 2 Empty Re: DrumZout 2009 Updates, Information

Post by HareHareYukai Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:50 pm

Skyne Keira wrote:well,i dunno if i can still say i should be on the team,afterall,everyone saw that i can't pass ranbu oni...i swear i've been trying,and passed on one occasion,but that day just cannot pass...sorry people,but if anyone feels that i should step down,then well,i'll do that. yup. but i'll still continue trying till i pass,then if this year cannot be at that standard,then next year will definitely be on team.
btw,i think i might be able to get my bachi this weekend.

you're fine. don't worry. like all of us witnessed our coordination and it turned out quite fine so dont worry
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

DrumZout 2009 Updates, Information - Page 2 Empty oh,thanks.

Post by Skyne Keira Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:54 pm

Thanks people!
oh by the way,can everyone who sees this post add me on msn?
cuz i'm tired of asking people to add mi repeatedly...just add mi kay?
moon_assassin@live.com

Skyne Keira
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:34 pm

Guys,
Sorry for MIA these 2 days, was away in a no internet connection place.
And first practice was better than how i expected it to be. haha~

Thanks Blyx, YM, Skyne for joining the team~ It won't be possible without you guys.
(And drummers, we better mug our parts well sia. Cos' gepi won't be there to play with me to show you guys what's the correct timing, me one person can't show you where it went wrong unless there's another person playing with me and you can hear the difference)
**Skyne, don't worry, you're doing fine. As for the real performance and such, we will NOT play taiko ranbu at original speed. Cos' i find 1.0 the original speed is fast. We should play the piece at a slightly slower pace of around 0.7/0.8 speed, that way, the audience can hear and most importantly, digest the different nice combi of the 3 drum sound, and also, it'll reach 3min. xD

Also, once again, really thanks all of you guys coming down and support us even though you're not joining the team.
Special thanks to:
Gepi
(gepi, i don't know what to do without you being the metronome and this saturday, me as one person definitely can't show them examples on the correct timing for two drums. T-T)
Ck & Mint
(haha, didn't expect you guys will drop by. Sorry cos' my phone is totally dead on saturday, so didn't reply mint. It's really fun to have you both around supporting us~ =D)
Yue
(WooT~ long time no see you sia, really glad i can once again meet ya up and you're supportive of our practices~ Really hope you can join us as a team too!)
Gias
(gias, thanks for dropping by too!! =D oh, by the way, i found a drumstick in the arcade, does it belongs to you??)

I really have a great time during the practice and the outing to Virtual land + Amk Hub.
Haha, especially in virtual land where gepi, skyne, gias and me play the pop' n music together and the notes went woooooshing down and 2sec later, game over. xD
But it's really really fun and I really enjoyed myself that day!! =D
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

DrumZout 2009 Updates, Information - Page 2 Empty arrigato!

Post by Skyne Keira Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:27 am

i feel like the group baby,every one so nice to mi...
and today just went to dte.
omg,they changed the bachi there to some ungodly material.
it was HUGE and BULKY,i had trouble lifting it...giaz,it MAY be heavier than your bachi.serious.
its heavy white plastic,and thick too.i was having so much trouble playing with it.
i prac three times(not three songs.) and had to stop.
the second time,passed ranbu oni,but third time failed again.
must turn the by luck into a steady pass.
hee,jia you and arrigato everyone!

Skyne Keira
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:53 am

Skyne Keira wrote:i feel like the group baby,every one so nice to mi...
and today just went to dte.
omg,they changed the bachi there to some ungodly material.
it was HUGE and BULKY,i had trouble lifting it...giaz,it MAY be heavier than your bachi.serious.
its heavy white plastic,and thick too.i was having so much trouble playing with it.
i prac three times(not three songs.) and had to stop.
the second time,passed ranbu oni,but third time failed again.
must turn the by luck into a steady pass.
hee,jia you and arrigato everyone!

Heavy bachi trains your strength and stamina, which is good for you. =P
After I got stagnant sometime back near end of last year, I used arcade bachi to train for my stamina until i'm quite used to arcade bachi. Then i use back my own bachi and taa-daa you get your stamina. xD

And it's good for drumzout in some ways. =p
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:24 am

HareHareYukai wrote:

Latest Updates!:
- We've managed to accomplish simultaneous taikoranbu in fire, water, wind, with accompaniments in bells and gong for first 17 bars!

- We've finally decided on the instruments to be used.
2 Big chinese drums, 1 other drum with mu yu(sylvester), tambourines(as bells), and gong.

- We had lots of fun.
NOTE: Only post here if you're going to provide information about the competition, our scheduled stuff etc, or results from a meeting or something that is essential to the competition. This is a platform to provide information and facts, not for discussion.
This will also be a platform to show our current status and condition and stuffs.
Thanks.

Say brandon,
I think it's better if you do post a new post like "First post edited" or something? Cos' i didn't notice you edited till when i accidentally click on the first page. xD

Plus, IF we can get more taiko-ers to join, we can add:
1) another tambourine
2) percussion egg maracas (unlike those normal ones, this one is totally like an egg whereby you can buy from yamaha shop for a few dollars only. I tried those egg maracas before and some of their sound is really crisp)
3) scraping instrument (there's one there if i'm not mistaken, a sliver color metal type)
4) Cabasa (which produce a rattle rattle/shooop shooop sound/whatever you wanna call it, lolz)

So position up for grabs, minna~
Anyone interested in joining us as a team for the drumzout audition, do come for saturday practices @ kbcc co room, 3pm - 6pm~

MEOWpiku wrote:i can help if you want =D i really like to be of help if can =D
MEOWpiku,
you wanna join us as a team for audition? =D
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:50 am

Once again, it's Kebun Baru Community Club. For those who don't know how to go there, read the following.

When you enter the CC by the front gate, you should arrive at the lobby facing the multi-purpose hall, with the general office visible to your right.

Turn left and walk until you see a staircase. If you are correct there should be a signboard saying that 2nd floor is a spa and 3rd floor is for "art troupe".

Head up that flight of stairs all the way to the top. There we are. Smile
ongchinkai
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:53 pm

No not my drumsticks. Their here with me and I was using them yesterday.

I agree with not playing at 1x but slower, but after much consideration, I was thinking about this.

Wouldn't it be too fast if we just played one song, I mean like, everything would be over in 2-3 minutes or so and it looks kinds weird for a competition as it would be too fast.

Anyway, are there are criteria that you must follow, such as the performance must be no lesser than X minutes and no longer than X minutes etc etc and you must perform X number of songs?
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by HareHareYukai Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:06 pm

and yuu, we're allowed scores i asked le. but then obviously not aesthetically appealing, so better not use. and regarding instruments its best if the CC allows us to transport them there on both days.

and one more thing. and more pressing and urgent thing.
The pieces played in the auditions and the grand finals must be different.

This cuts down our time further, because as we can see right now we have approximately 12-13 weeks more before the audition, which means if we were to dedicate half the time to the audition piece and half the time to the taikoranbu we have to confirm stuff fast.
for example, if we're gonna have more than the current members that we have now, we got to settle the parts and the coordination asap.
also another pressing matter is we need to CONFIRM THE MEMBERS. yuu says positions are still up for grab, but seriously by this saturday, and latest the following saturday, we got to confirm the members cause we got to sign up. deadline for registration is 21march.

but i believe we'll manage all of it since well. we already could accomplish 17 full bars of taikoranbu in one session in only about 1.5hrs the rest was spent testing etc.
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by HareHareYukai Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:11 pm

yuu_yuki wrote:
HareHareYukai wrote:

Latest Updates!:
- We've managed to accomplish simultaneous taikoranbu in fire, water, wind, with accompaniments in bells and gong for first 17 bars!

- We've finally decided on the instruments to be used.
2 Big chinese drums, 1 other drum with mu yu(sylvester), tambourines(as bells), and gong.

- We had lots of fun.
NOTE: Only post here if you're going to provide information about the competition, our scheduled stuff etc, or results from a meeting or something that is essential to the competition. This is a platform to provide information and facts, not for discussion.
This will also be a platform to show our current status and condition and stuffs.
Thanks.

Say brandon,
I think it's better if you do post a new post like "First post edited" or something? Cos' i didn't notice you edited till when i accidentally click on the first page. xD

Plus, IF we can get more taiko-ers to join, we can add:
1) another tambourine
2) percussion egg maracas (unlike those normal ones, this one is totally like an egg whereby you can buy from yamaha shop for a few dollars only. I tried those egg maracas before and some of their sound is really crisp)
3) scraping instrument (there's one there if i'm not mistaken, a sliver color metal type)
4) Cabasa (which produce a rattle rattle/shooop shooop sound/whatever you wanna call it, lolz)

So position up for grabs, minna~
Anyone interested in joining us as a team for the drumzout audition, do come for saturday practices @ kbcc co room, 3pm - 6pm~

MEOWpiku wrote:i can help if you want =D i really like to be of help if can =D
MEOWpiku,
you wanna join us as a team for audition? =D

btw hi meowpiku, who are you? introduce yourself? (: and sure come join us.
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:54 pm

HareHareYukai wrote:and yuu, we're allowed scores i asked le. but then obviously not aesthetically appealing, so better not use. and regarding instruments its best if the CC allows us to transport them there on both days.

and one more thing. and more pressing and urgent thing.
The pieces played in the auditions and the grand finals must be different.

This cuts down our time further, because as we can see right now we have approximately 12-13 weeks more before the audition, which means if we were to dedicate half the time to the audition piece and half the time to the taikoranbu we have to confirm stuff fast.
for example, if we're gonna have more than the current members that we have now, we got to settle the parts and the coordination asap.
also another pressing matter is we need to CONFIRM THE MEMBERS. yuu says positions are still up for grab, but seriously by this saturday, and latest the following saturday, we got to confirm the members cause we got to sign up. deadline for registration is 21march.

but i believe we'll manage all of it since well. we already could accomplish 17 full bars of taikoranbu in one session in only about 1.5hrs the rest was spent testing etc.

First,
CC don't do those type of things for us. So we're on our own to transport those instruments.
Second,
Auditions piece and grand final piece must be different? Then how are we gonna choose the pieces? So far, i believe Taiko Ranbu is the most suitable piece to play and everyone's familiar with it.
Also, do they need to have the scores from our side? Can we just "cheat" on the names saying that what we played is xxxx song while IF we got into the grand finals, we modify it and say that this is yyyy song??
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by HareHareYukai Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:39 pm

i don't know leh lolz.
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenova Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:58 pm

hmmm.... is it too hard to learn another song now, I mean, I know taikoranbu is the best and all... maybe play only a phase of it for auditions or smth? but then again, that may not sound so good and then can forget bout finals...

at worst maybe have to choose another song, what sounds good on drum ALONE other than taikoranbu ><" taberuna? hmm, but not a lot of ppl can pass it... maybe koibumi might be easier? hard to find cuz generally the better sounding ones are harder... so if choose a crappy one, a lot of ppl can play but gonna sound disastrous...

wanna learn qing wang dian bing? I learnt it by ear within a week when I was sec 1 =D or some other solo percussion piece?

Zenova
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by HareHareYukai Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:50 pm

Zenova wrote:hmmm.... is it too hard to learn another song now, I mean, I know taikoranbu is the best and all... maybe play only a phase of it for auditions or smth? but then again, that may not sound so good and then can forget bout finals...

at worst maybe have to choose another song, what sounds good on drum ALONE other than taikoranbu ><" taberuna? hmm, but not a lot of ppl can pass it... maybe koibumi might be easier? hard to find cuz generally the better sounding ones are harder... so if choose a crappy one, a lot of ppl can play but gonna sound disastrous...

wanna learn qing wang dian bing? I learnt it by ear within a week when I was sec 1 =D or some other solo percussion piece?

we'll find a way don't worry. and no taberuna. at most simplifed taberuna because its too hard to coordinate
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:14 am

Lexus,
What's that qing wang dian bing in chinese?
Do you have mp3 of that song? I'll like to listen to it.

What we need is to have some impressive sounds of different parts that can blend and combine perfectly like taiko ranbu.
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:32 pm

For me, what I can suggest, which happens to be a song using 2 drums would be KAGEKIYO, coded version.

I believe most of us here had played it before as well so you should roughly know.
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenova Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:57 pm

yuu_yuki wrote:Lexus,
What's that qing wang dian bing in chinese?
Do you have mp3 of that song? I'll like to listen to it.

What we need is to have some impressive sounds of different parts that can blend and combine perfectly like taiko ranbu.

lol dun have a mp3, it's 秦王点兵 in chinese... I dunno la, it's an old CO percussion song, until now our CO still has to use it for CNY and stuff cuz we got nothin else to showcase that ALL of us can play... so... here's a vid