Taiko Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nothing is Impossible.

+3
fuuyue
yuu_yuki
HareHareYukai
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Nothing is Impossible. Empty Nothing is Impossible.

Post by HareHareYukai Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:14 pm

I believe this is the appropriate section for me to post this... okay so i'll go ahead with it.

I'm not doing this to show off, or to gain attention. I just want to share something with everyone here.

It all began 3 months ago. At that time, I happened to be watching a movie at JEC when i realized taikonotatsujin11 was out. Instantly I was absorbed into playing the game with jack. At that time, I was playing oni NATSU MATSURI. I could only manage 6, at MOST 7*(which i still fail badly) at that time.

Then, I met Someone. HARU. He was there on that day. we set co-op scores at 4.8m in total. Looking at the way he plays it, he seems real good. Seeing him put up high scores of 1.9m+ on the solo hi-score chart, I wanted to beat his score. Competition makes people grow. The next day, i came back and i managed to do it. Haru, if you are seeing this right now, you might not know back then, but in a way or another I had made you my rival haha. You were a great competitor to me at that time.

Something happened that day. The left drum was spoiled and bambini was chosen. I failed really badly. At that point of time, I thought that bambini was an impossible song.

I worked hard. As some have said, I have been chionging the hi-score list on jp machine as it moved to jp. I was determined to get better and improve, and increase the number of songs i could pass.

Time passes. Approximately 2 months ago, I met YUU, who previously wiped out my solo hi-score at JP, which i also wiped out on the very same day i saw her score. I knew she was really great, from the way i saw her play at AMK on that fateful day. I saw her and ume play. I almost mistook them for sisters(XD)! Then I was really excited. I wanted to play with her! The next moment, she invited me to play doubles and we kept in contact from that day onward.

Also around that point of time, I met gepi. On a certain taiko session, he asked me to play ekiben2000. I figured it was impossible for me to do so, as from his nds, i saw the notes at really high speeds, and seriously random complex patterns. I tried about first 100 notes, and did well for that part, but from then on, it was a complete failure and i couldnt read the notes. Also, yuu asked me to play 'still a duckling' with her. I thought it was impossible to do so without memorizing. In the end, i failed.

All these things happened to me, with me always consciously thinking that 10* songs are impossible. One thing entirely changed my perception, when gepi asked me to play fantasy impromptu.

I passed it by one bar.

Now, I have even passed ekiben2000, still a duckling sight read, and bambini isnt hard at all. and since all these has happened to me, who was a person stuck at 6-7* 3 months ago, I will always believe that anything is possible, and yes, MIRACLES DO HAPPEN BEFORE YOU KNOW IT!

I mean, I passed ekiben on the same week i started trying it, when i thought i would never have the stamina to do so.

So, to everyone out there, we all experience failure, failure, and more failure, but usually success comes after it. If you feel you are not improving, push yourself harder and you will, sooner or later. No one is lousy or weak, because we all have the potential to grow and become strong.

If you desire to pass or FC a certain song strongly, put your determination to the test and you will make it, no matter how long the ride may be.

This thread is also, in a way, dedicated to yuu. Remember you don't have to go fly kite. You can improve, and you might actually be! Never think that it is impossible, because it can only be as possible as much as you do not think it is not possible. One day, you will pass ekiben , kitasaitama, everything.

Even if you do spam 20 credits and still fail a certain song, you would have learnt from it and become stronger and better! trust me, it works! xD Failing ekiben is a strategy to pass ekiben, haha!

So I'll conclude with a message here, Do believe in miracles, Never give up!

Last edited by HareHareYukai on Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Nothing is Impossible. Empty Re: Nothing is Impossible.

Post by yuu_yuki Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:18 pm

I think you can get the loooooooooooooooooooongest-post award. xD

And by the way, i never memorize the notes for still a duckling.
Cos i play that for a few times in psp before, so i roughly know what's the notes about.

And improving is one thing, another thing is whether you have the money to spend to improve, that's another thing. haha.
And when i met YUE, i'm still at level 6 oni, and i fail most of the level 7 oni as well.
Ask her, lolz~

And now, at least i'm able to pass bumblebee in arcade but still, i lack lotsa stamina after playing constantly.
And when you have to worry about injuring your fingers for other music instruments like violin etc, i doubt you would want to chiong to a state that your fingers bleed and injured badly.

And I'm constantly worrying that my fingers will be affected since I'm involved in playing different kinds of music instruments and I'm in orchestra as well. Also, my right wrist now have permanent injury after i fell down around 2yrs back. And constantly playing in percussion really adds pressure to my wrist.

Taiko in arcade wise, I've just started to play when i first met k0sm0s and YUE at amk hub. So that's around 3mths back in July. And even that time, playing one game to me is like killing me. My arms totally hurts tons. Especially my fingers. But i guess after you play more, you'll get better like what you said..

I have never imagine myself FC-ing songs for all i care back in july, but after that sudden miracle of FC peach in oni the very first time i have seen the notes and play the first time in my life, i went OMG x 10000000000000000000. Ya, it was really seriously unbelievable!! I'm like so freaking lucky!! I never play the song before in my life, first time seeing the notes in my life, and i FC it and it's in oni!! I'm like totally speechless that time. That's my first ever FC. I would still say it's luck for that time.

Last edited by yuu_yuki on Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by fuuyue Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:19 pm

HOO long post!

mine is simpler.

from being a normal mode player...
to being thrown into ONI mode within a day (that was after yrs of not taikoing)

and well...
i sucked badly in the beginning...
ddd ddd ddd also cant make it
n i was a super one-handed player (mainly using my right hand only)

till now...
i can play ONI (though not always passing)
i can use 2 hands
i can hit triple notes

hahaha i can do alot alot!
cept for passing 7star n abv... lalala

i'm still training, just like blyx.

SO!!

TO ALL WHO THINKS ITS IMPOSSIBLE...

ITS NOT!!!!!

HAVE FAITH IN YOURSELF!!!
fuuyue
fuuyue
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by HareHareYukai Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:30 pm

YES I AGREE WITH YUE! YEAH! And yuu oops i shall modify. paiseh must have heard wrong =x
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by fuuyue Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:34 pm

HareHareYukai wrote:YES I AGREE WITH YUE! YEAH! And yuu oops i shall modify. paiseh must have heard wrong =x

speaking abt hear wrongly...
let me tell u all why i was throwninto oni mode...

coz.. yuu heard wrongly...
and thought i said i COULD play muzukashi!
hahaha
and well, we did try natsu matsuri on muzukashi (my 1st time playing it)
n i think i just passed or sth.
maybe tts y she tot i could play.

>.<
its embarrassing to fail and fail with no bar at all
but its fun
and it helped me improve ALOT

so...
if anyone wanna improve,
just go all out to whack the hard stuff.
its possible to improve that way!
i'm an example!

just... DONT GIVE UP!!![u]
fuuyue
fuuyue
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:40 pm

I've modified my post too, and it's looooooooooooooooong story as well.. hahahaha.. And YUE, i mistook you as you CAN play oni and muzukashii.. xD
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by HareHareYukai Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:52 pm

yes, do NOT play taiko until your hands are as injured as mine before on the 2nd day i played version 11. someone in the public had to donate me a plaster cus my whole thumb had a open broken blister which was bleeding red, and i was in middle of my song. i went a bit crazy back there. dont do that because if you injure your hands you can't even play.

and whoever's reading this now, everyone agrees that amazing things are possible! so be motivated and jiayou!
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by fuuyue Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:10 pm

yuu_yuki wrote:I've modified my post too, and it's looooooooooooooooong story as well.. hahahaha.. And YUE, i mistook you as you CAN play oni and muzukashii.. xD

hahaha big mistake.
but yea, if it aint for that mistake...
i wont be oni-ing with u now

so its a Argh thing gone GOOD!
^^

always look on the bright side of life~~
DanceDance DanceDance DanceDance DanceDance DanceDance DanceDance DanceDance
fuuyue
fuuyue
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:14 pm

HareHareYukai wrote:yes, do NOT play taiko until your hands are as injured as mine before on the 2nd day i played version 11. someone in the public had to donate me a plaster cus my whole thumb had a open broken blister which was bleeding red, and i was in middle of my song. i went a bit crazy back there. dont do that because if you injure your hands you can't even play.

and whoever's reading this now, everyone agrees that amazing things are possible! so be motivated and jiayou!

I simply can't afford to injure my fingers or hand.
If I don't have all those music commitments, i would have taiko-ing like crazy. xD

And of course, luck is really really important as well~ lolz~
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by HareHareYukai Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:22 pm

some people would say that luck is part of one's strategy. xD
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:26 pm

but it's luck that time ma, just imagine passing a song with the last note. purely that's luck for me. xD
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by fuuyue Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:07 pm

yuu_yuki wrote:but it's luck that time ma, just imagine passing a song with the last note. purely that's luck for me. xD

you mean like my double play Oni doraemon song?

hahahahahahaha
fuuyue
fuuyue
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:35 pm

Lolz~ yup, that's really like wow!! lucky sia, never fail!! kind of feelings~

Oh, and don't forget about my densetsu no matsuri song, which i pass by one bar at the end and missed out all the whole chunk in the beginning. xD
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by fuuyue Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:58 pm

LOL yea yea!

one bar!

but my doraemon was so classic
LAST NOTE

the both of us were like... sure fail le
then last note....
PASS!

LOL
fuuyue
fuuyue
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:02 pm

Lolz!! Yayayayaayaaaa!!
I'm like sure fail liaoz and down went your bachi and hit the last note and after a split second, *pops* out came the yellow bar there!! xD
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by fuuyue Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:07 pm

LOL told u it was a classic moment in history
hahahahahahaha

never to try renacting!
i will die trying hahaha
fuuyue
fuuyue
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:54 am

I will die of laughing cos' so freaking lucky sia!! xDDDD
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrozz Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:02 am

I love moments like those, whether it's luck or not, it's awesome.

I'm sorry about your hand, Yuu. Is it like blisters and stuffs? Or do you have bad internal hand problems?
Pyrozz
Pyrozz
Head of Simulation Development
Head of Simulation Development

Back to top Go down

Post by LjSJacK Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:04 pm

"Impossible is nothing" Adidas

Here is my story...
Started Taiko-ing with Version 6 at JEC arcade with BLYX. I was first forced to play it with him as I totally didn't know much about the game.
I was immediately forced into the muzukashi mode at my first time. Yes I admit, I didn't do pretty well at that time. But due to the inconvenience, I did not frequent that game. Thus, I did not improve significantly. That was until I've met Yuu and Gepi at AMK Hub once. I've saw their standards and for that, I had my jaws dropped. There were actually people who were so into this game. After that, I actively searched the YouTube for freaks who play the game as if there were no tomorrow. Thus, I've decided to be like them. It was until I've got my PSP version of Taiko when I improved significantly. From someone who could not even ddd or kkk into a person who can play a decent 7 star song now. I supposed I've improved. Now that finally EOY's over, I always go to Jurong West Sports Hall to exercise with my friend whenever I'm free, and with that, I can visit Jurong Point which is on the way there.

This is my story (:
LjSJacK
LjSJacK
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:43 pm

Pyrozz wrote:I love moments like those, whether it's luck or not, it's awesome.

I'm sorry about your hand, Yuu. Is it like blisters and stuffs? Or do you have bad internal hand problems?

It's not blisters, it's internal wrist problem since last time and fingers internally swollen since weeks before. lolz~
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by HareHareYukai Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:21 pm

These stories are interesting xD. can learn from one another. Oh yea di, its not entirely about chionging until the taiko is like exam like that. taiko is for destressing personally to me, and so relax and enjoy every moment, enjoy what you are doing, enjoy your achievements.
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:52 pm

HareHareYukai wrote:These stories are interesting xD. can learn from one another. Oh yea di, its not entirely about chionging until the taiko is like exam like that. taiko is for destressing personally to me, and so relax and enjoy every moment, enjoy what you are doing, enjoy your achievements.

And enjoy our paaaaaain on the fingers and hand. LOLOLOL~

@LjSJack,
No wonder you happened to find my videos that time.. lolz~ xD
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by gepi Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:41 pm

this is like those adam khoo those I-forgot-what-it's-called so-called inspirational talks.

started playing taiko, ironically, when I fractured my hand during army training. then I began to play pokemon pearl 24/7 until greed got the better than me and tried to clone pokemon. and my whole file got corrupted. curses. I HAD A 30 SD AND 29 D IV DUSKNOIR )(&*#!()&*#!(^#&*!^%#!(#!^%(!%#. ok that's not the point.
after which life was boring after I completed phoenix wright series. then found taiko to play on ds. went straight to muzukashii and was like. wth this is the hardest mode? until oni got unlocked. and I was like omgwtfbbq this is sick. can't even pass uh. doraemon?
then after 2 weeks since I touched the ds version, went arcade and saw the machine.(by then my backslab was gone. yes I played taiko on ds WITH my backslab. don't ask me how). then tried to play. and was wondering why there isn't any oni. until I saw some guy playing oni soul caliber II, which was quite imba to me at that time. then decided to go some forum to ask about how to make oni appear. and somehow somewhere in between yuu and blyx came into the picture.
skipping the i-huff-and-puff-and-blow-your-house-down part.
and in like 3 months since I started taiko, current ds statistics stand at 130 gold 9 silver for touch de dokodon(no prizes for guessing which song I still can't pass) and 186 gold crowns and 13 silver crowns for nanatsu no shima daibouken(screw you ekiben).
the best thing about taiko is to see the omgwtfbbq face of my army boss when he saw me spamming yami no tamashii on ds.
gepi
gepi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by fuuyue Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:38 am

hmmm taiko on DS...

well, the 1st game i got for my DS was taiko.
1st game i played to.
hooked since version5 came to amk jubilee zoneX
but stopped playing for yrs till i met yuu due to the machine being so sucky... and personal reasons =)

but yea, i love music games
fuuyue
fuuyue
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by HareHareYukai Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:25 pm

yuu_yuki wrote:
HareHareYukai wrote:These stories are interesting xD. can learn from one another. Oh yea di, its not entirely about chionging until the taiko is like exam like that. taiko is for destressing personally to me, and so relax and enjoy every moment, enjoy what you are doing, enjoy your achievements.

And enjoy our paaaaaain on the fingers and hand. LOLOLOL~

@LjSJack,
No wonder you happened to find my videos that time.. lolz~ xD

i think nowadays not so pain. ever since the time someone had to donate me a plaster, my skin went through much thickening on my right finger and now no blisters from then on there. 2nd finger too the side there no more blisters. the previous blister was like 2 weeks ago on my left thumb instead. but now no more, and no blister since. also no more muscle aches le.
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum