Hello all!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Hello all!

Post by Kelayr on Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:57 pm

I wonder if there's any other Taiko players in NTU? I should think quite a few people around the School of Computer Engineering have noticed when Parcivale and I decide to start drumming on our DS touchscreens with our fingers while waiting for lectures to start, etc. So far though, I haven't seen anyone else in school playing Taiko on handhelds.

Will anyone be going to Arcadia tomorrow? Parcivale and I will be stopping by in the afternoon. Time to make a list of songs to play!

Kelayr
素人
素人

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelayr on Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:38 pm

We had fun today. Smile I was hoping to see some other Dojo members around, but I don't think anyone else from Dojo was there when Parcivale and I were playing. I tried quite a lot of songs for the first time today; nothing too remarkable other than when I randomly picked Fantaisie Impromptu to play when I got a 4th song in Taiko 12, then managed to pass it when my hands decided to cooperate with me for the long streams.

I need to go and spam Kitasaitama200 and Yami no Tamashii! Failed both by a few bars when I first tried them, but they look passable with a bit of practice.

Kelayr
素人
素人

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki on Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:50 am

Kelayr,
You should try gather and intro more NTU students to play taiko. xD

I worship the book of Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.... and Kapibara Plushies xD
yuu_yuki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelayr on Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:20 am

NTU should have a CCA dedicated to Taiko, lol. I know one or two people who play (or used to play) casually on the DS, but I don't think they're interested enough in Taiko to start playing at the arcades. How I wish there's a Taiko machine somewhere in NTU... haha!

I think Parcivale and I will start having our Taiko sessions on Sunday instead. Looks like generally more players come to play on Sunday than Saturday - we saw Kyou, Kyon, Makio, Natsu, and a few who I didn't recognise when we went down yesterday. It's also cheaper for me if we go on Sunday (can take bus instead of drive). Razz

Kyon and Natsu have already asked me to start training handswitching. It will be very difficult for me... my right hand is too dominant already, so I start all my patterns with it. I probably have to spam DON'T CUT so I can practice on the last part. Smile

Kelayr
素人
素人

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki on Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:50 pm

Kelayr wrote:NTU should have a CCA dedicated to Taiko, lol. I know one or two people who play (or used to play) casually on the DS, but I don't think they're interested enough in Taiko to start playing at the arcades. How I wish there's a Taiko machine somewhere in NTU... haha!

I think Parcivale and I will start having our Taiko sessions on Sunday instead. Looks like generally more players come to play on Sunday than Saturday - we saw Kyou, Kyon, Makio, Natsu, and a few who I didn't recognise when we went down yesterday. It's also cheaper for me if we go on Sunday (can take bus instead of drive). Razz

Kyon and Natsu have already asked me to start training handswitching. It will be very difficult for me... my right hand is too dominant already, so I start all my patterns with it. I probably have to spam DON'T CUT so I can practice on the last part. Smile

Once you get a hang of handswitching, you'll pass alot of songs automatically if you can read it. =3

I worship the book of Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.... and Kapibara Plushies xD
yuu_yuki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelayr on Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:31 pm

It's likely since I started on the DS first, rather than the arcade, and I quickly found it's much easier for me to get 良s on the DS if I used my right hand to hit single beats and start patterns. Thus I've been playing that way for so long before I started playing Taiko in the arcade.

When I first played Angel Dream, I attempted to hit all the single beats with my right hand and ended up failing the song 'cos I got too tired, haha. At least now I can do handswitching on single beats to pass songs like Angel Dream and Kaze no Fantasy, but it's so hard to get my left hand to handswitch between patterns. For example, normally I deal with the long stream of DDK patterns at the end of DON'T CUT by starting with my right hand for all of them. Razz

It's almost as if I need to reteach myself how to Taiko from scratch...

Kelayr
素人
素人

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HareHareYukai on Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:24 am

haha most people have to go through that reteaching part. just put in the extra effort to get it done and you'll be able to do well in most hard songs, even new ones you've never seen before since chim patterns require hand-switching x.x jiayou!
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelayr on Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:38 am

The reteaching from scratch is what I was dreading since it'll probably take ages, with me doing badly at my favourite songs for a long time before I get the hang of it. It's tiring to have to consciously remind myself to handswitch after a pattern with an odd number of beats, since the result is usually I end up being confused then hands freeze (or right hand subconsciously goes to start pattern again... -_-) then combo break rofl.

After exams I'll be able to practice more on the PS2 games with my Tatacon. Saves me some cash from practicing full time at the arcade (although we'll still have our regular sessions at the arcade of course). Smile

Thanks for the encouragement though!

Kelayr
素人
素人

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adri on Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:56 am

lol taiko cca .. see you at NTU then.. im enrolling nxt year
adri
初心者
初心者

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelayr on Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:36 pm

Adri, that's great! What course?

Kelayr
素人
素人

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HareHareYukai on Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:53 pm

but adri lives in the east...
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelayr on Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:21 pm

He's probably planning to stay in hall then?

Kelayr
素人
素人

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jenny_amh on Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:55 am

i also don do handswitching as well.. xD

i play DDK with right hand first.. pattern for me fixed liao lor.. i cant change to DDK using my left hand.. LOL..
jenny_amh
修行中
修行中

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelayr on Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:43 pm

Exams are over! We can finally Taiko in peace without having to worry about our papers. Very Happy

Today's session was alright. We didn't play as much as we wanted to, since our blisters got very sore after a few rounds of playing. I managed to improve my scores on a couple of songs though, and passed two more 10 star songs (Taiko Time and Kechadon on 普通譜面). I need some more practice with Hikari no Kanata e before I can pass that as well.

Handswitching wise, I can now properly handswitch through DDK streams and KKD streams, but nothing else yet. Haha!

@jenny_amh: I think the key is to try and handswitch progressively (e.g. start with DDK streams, then KKD streams, then DDD and KKK streams, etc.) and not try to handswitch everything at once if you don't think you can handle it. The long DDK stream at the end of DON'T CUT might help you to practice, as would practicing on a home console or DS/PSP if you happen to have those. Perhaps the DDDKKKDDDKKK... streams in Kurenai might help to some extent too, although for me hitting those is up to luck and whether my hands want to cooperate with me or not. Razz

Kelayr
素人
素人

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum