Hello all!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hello all!

Post by Kelayr on Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:52 am

I was Taikoing with my girlfriend at Arcadia yesterday afternoon when I was approached by someone (looking at the photos on Taiko Dojo's Facebook page, I think it was Blyx), who asked me to look for Taiko Dojo and drop by. So, hello everyone!

My girlfriend and I are Computer Science students from NTU, currently in our second year. We've been playing Taiko on the DS/PSP for about a year, and only started frequently playing arcade Taiko starting around a month or so ago, so we still have a long way to go in terms of skill and stamina.

We're passionate about Taiko and will be going to Arcadia regularly to play - if you're at Arcadia on a Saturday afternoon, you'll see us there 99% of the time. You can play with us if you like! Very Happy My girlfriend plays Muzukashii and easier Oni, and I usually play 7 to 9 star Oni (but can play doesn't mean can play well, still miss a lot here and there resulting in low scores, lol).

Kelayr
素人
素人


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello all!

Post by rianelson009 on Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:30 pm

Oh hey! So u are the one who was playing at iluma ytd ^^ yeap, that was Blyx who invited u to join (: anyway welcome to taiko dojo Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello all!

Post by yuu_yuki on Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:58 pm

HEY THERE!!
WELCOME TO TAIKODOJO~~
=D
We have an event on 27th Nov, do join us there!! DanceDance

_________________
Year 2012, I still love my kapibaras
TaikoDojo will Survive!!
somehow.. in its own unique ways..



I worship the book of Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.... and Kapibara Plushies xD
avatar
yuu_yuki
Moderator
Moderator


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello all!

Post by Kelayr on Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:20 pm

@rianelson009: Were you the one playing with Blyx on Taiko 14 just before I left? Smile

@yuu_yuki: Hey! Actually, I think we may have seen you before a long time ago at AMK Hub. You came to play after we did, then you played Kurenai, Bumblebee, and some other song which I've forgotten (might have been Carnivorous Carnival?). At the time we were like Shocked after we saw you play. Haha!

Kelayr
素人
素人


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello all!

Post by yuu_yuki on Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:22 pm

Kelayr wrote:@rianelson009: Were you the one playing with Blyx on Taiko 14 just before I left? Smile

@yuu_yuki: Hey! Actually, I think we may have seen you before a long time ago at AMK Hub. You came to play after we did, then you played Kurenai, Bumblebee, and some other song which I've forgotten (might have been Carnivorous Carnival?). At the time we were like Shocked after we saw you play. Haha!

Eh?? You saw me?? When was it?? Shocked Shocked

_________________
Year 2012, I still love my kapibaras
TaikoDojo will Survive!!
somehow.. in its own unique ways..



I worship the book of Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.... and Kapibara Plushies xD
avatar
yuu_yuki
Moderator
Moderator


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello all!

Post by Kelayr on Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:33 pm

lol, like I said, it was ages ago. Perhaps around half a year back, give or take a few months? I only realised it could have been you after I looked at the photo albums posted on the Facebook page.

Kelayr
素人
素人


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello all!

Post by yuu_yuki on Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:43 pm

Haha, i see. Say, you and your gf coming for our 27th Nov at *scape (beside cineleisure) there? It's our Taiko Team Compy!!

Do join~ It'll be fun!! You'll get to meet the rest of us too!! Hehe ^.^/

_________________
Year 2012, I still love my kapibaras
TaikoDojo will Survive!!
somehow.. in its own unique ways..



I worship the book of Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.... and Kapibara Plushies xD
avatar
yuu_yuki
Moderator
Moderator


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello all!

Post by Kelayr on Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:00 pm

Yeah, we've heard about the competition. We'll see if we can make it, since I think we might need to spend the evening catching up on our project and assignment deadlines. Semester ending and exams coming soon, so got to gear up already! We're trying hard not to let that stop us from having our weekly Taiko sessions if we can help it though, lol.

Besides, I don't think our Taiko skills are good enough to be competing yet - we have a long way to go in terms of improving our skills! Very Happy

Kelayr
素人
素人


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello all!

Post by HareHareYukai on Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:01 pm

WELCOME :DDDD (im blyx, but i think i wanna abandon that nick use natsu its better), and i support yuu Smile come down and join us for a day of fun at the taiko compy you'll meet lots of new people from our community! hope to seeya there~
avatar
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello all!

Post by HareHareYukai on Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:02 pm

WELCOME :DDDD (im blyx, but i think i wanna abandon that nick use natsu its better), and i support yuu Smile come down and join us for a day of fun at the taiko compy you'll meet lots of new people from our community! hope to seeya there~
avatar
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello all!

Post by yuu_yuki on Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:10 pm

Waaa, natsuuuuuu, u change name change dp? HAHAHAHAH, maybe should post even more muscular pic of yourself sia. More sexy Lolz xD

@Kelayr,
Don't worry about skills, it's a random pairing for this Team competition, so you'll get a chance to pair up with stronger players. Everyone stands a chance to win =D

It'll be a really opportunity to meet most of our Taiko-ers here in Singapore. It's once a while you get to gather most of us there. So must drop by and join!! DanceDance

_________________
Year 2012, I still love my kapibaras
TaikoDojo will Survive!!
somehow.. in its own unique ways..



I worship the book of Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.... and Kapibara Plushies xD
avatar
yuu_yuki
Moderator
Moderator


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello all!

Post by mitsurugi on Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:36 am

Dang looks like not going there on saturday is a big mistake... So many people there LOL
Anyways welcome to the forums, I'm kyou XD
avatar
mitsurugi
修行中
修行中


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello all!

Post by Kelayr on Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:43 pm

Natsu and Kyou, thanks for posting! So there's both Kyou and Kyon in Taiko Dojo, lol. Smile

Kelayr
素人
素人


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello all!

Post by Parcivale on Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:46 pm

Kelayr wrote:I was Taikoing with my girlfriend at Arcadia yesterday afternoon when I was approached by someone (looking at the photos on Taiko Dojo's Facebook page, I think it was Blyx), who asked me to look for Taiko Dojo and drop by. So, hello everyone!

My girlfriend and I are Computer Science students from NTU, currently in our second year. We've been playing Taiko on the DS/PSP for about a year, and only started frequently playing arcade Taiko starting around a month or so ago, so we still have a long way to go in terms of skill and stamina.

We're passionate about Taiko and will be going to Arcadia regularly to play - if you're at Arcadia on a Saturday afternoon, you'll see us there 99% of the time. You can play with us if you like! Very Happy My girlfriend plays Muzukashii and easier Oni, and I usually play 7 to 9 star Oni (but can play doesn't mean can play well, still miss a lot here and there resulting in low scores, lol).
Dear! ♥️ Very Happy
/Is looking forward to Wednesday.

Parcivale
へたっび
へたっび


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello all!

Post by Kelayr on Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:02 pm

Yeah, Wednesday faster come! Very Happy

So many songs I want to play... too bad there's only Taiko 11 available though hahaha.

Kelayr
素人
素人


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello all!

Post by HareHareYukai on Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:37 am

yuu_yuki wrote:Waaa, natsuuuuuu, u change name change dp? HAHAHAHAH, maybe should post even more muscular pic of yourself sia. More sexy Lolz xD

I AGREE. LOL bu yao lian

you should also post muscular pic of yourself. LOL. And I encourage everyone out there to post muscular pics of yourself! Smile
avatar
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello all!

Post by HareHareYukai on Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:39 am

Kelayr wrote:Yeah, Wednesday faster come! Very Happy

So many songs I want to play... too bad there's only Taiko 11 available though hahaha.

lol at jp? haha. jp' ex though unless nebO and even so yeah only taiko11 songs available
avatar
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello all!

Post by まきお on Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:29 pm

Seems like we're getting revived once again~~ away from facebook =x
avatar
まきお
修行中
修行中


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello all!

Post by Kelayr on Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:00 pm

@Natsu: Agreed about the price, but we still have leftover credits from Zone X's free-$20-for-$20 promotion last month; otherwise I'd rather go enjoy Taiko 12/14 at Arcadia too (weekday parking at iluma beyond an hour seriously kills the wallet though).

@Makio: lol I joined Taiko Dojo on Facebook as well. I think it's a shame the forum isn't more active than it is now - if only I had been introduced to Taiko much earlier, then I might have been aware of the Taiko Dojo community a year or two ago.

Kelayr
素人
素人


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello all!

Post by yuu_yuki on Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:20 am

まきお wrote:Seems like we're getting revived once again~~ away from facebook =x

Yeah!! <3
Hahahahaha




HareHareYukai wrote:
yuu_yuki wrote:Waaa, natsuuuuuu, u change name change dp? HAHAHAHAH, maybe should post even more muscular pic of yourself sia. More sexy Lolz xD

I AGREE. LOL bu yao lian

you should also post muscular pic of yourself. LOL. And I encourage everyone out there to post muscular pics of yourself! Smile

Or maybe I can post the "muscle-shot" we took on afa. LOLOLOLOLZ!!
Super epic sia that photo.


Last edited by yuu_yuki on Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Year 2012, I still love my kapibaras
TaikoDojo will Survive!!
somehow.. in its own unique ways..



I worship the book of Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.... and Kapibara Plushies xD
avatar
yuu_yuki
Moderator
Moderator


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello all!

Post by yuu_yuki on Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:24 am

Kelayr wrote:@Natsu: Agreed about the price, but we still have leftover credits from Zone X's free-$20-for-$20 promotion last month; otherwise I'd rather go enjoy Taiko 12/14 at Arcadia too (weekday parking at iluma beyond an hour seriously kills the wallet though).

@Makio: lol I joined Taiko Dojo on Facebook as well. I think it's a shame the forum isn't more active than it is now - if only I had been introduced to Taiko much earlier, then I might have been aware of the Taiko Dojo community a year or two ago.


Haha, we used to be really active in TaikoDojo, but everyone's been really busy plus there wasn't any new people around to chat with. So.. haha.. kinda cobwebs everywhere. =P

Taiko14 songs are more challenging overall and it's more fun than Taiko11/12. Instead of driving, you all can come by mrt, much cheaper that way too. haha

_________________
Year 2012, I still love my kapibaras
TaikoDojo will Survive!!
somehow.. in its own unique ways..



I worship the book of Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.... and Kapibara Plushies xD
avatar
yuu_yuki
Moderator
Moderator


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello all!

Post by Kelayr on Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:01 am

Taiko Dojo will stay active in its own ways. It's a great community! Glad to be a part of it. Very Happy

And yeah the new songs in Taiko 14 are awesome! All the new songs we missed out on from Taiko 13, plus the songs that appeared in the 3rd DS game. There's still quite a lot of songs I want to try in Taiko 14... X-DAY2000 on Muzukashii, Senpuu no Mai Ura, perhaps Kitasaitama200 (but even though it's slowed down it still looks pretty hard, lol).

Kelayr
素人
素人


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello all!

Post by yuu_yuki on Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:18 am

Kelayr wrote:Taiko Dojo will stay active in its own ways. It's a great community! Glad to be a part of it. Very Happy

And yeah the new songs in Taiko 14 are awesome! All the new songs we missed out on from Taiko 13, plus the songs that appeared in the 3rd DS game. There's still quite a lot of songs I want to try in Taiko 14... X-DAY2000 on Muzukashii, Senpuu no Mai Ura, perhaps Kitasaitama200 (but even though it's slowed down it still looks pretty hard, lol).

Haha, I hope TaikoDojo will be as active as before. =P
And yup, Taiko14 songs are really nice to play and listen. ^-^

_________________
Year 2012, I still love my kapibaras
TaikoDojo will Survive!!
somehow.. in its own unique ways..



I worship the book of Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.... and Kapibara Plushies xD
avatar
yuu_yuki
Moderator
Moderator


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello all!

Post by Kelayr on Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:54 pm

Today's Taiko session with Parcivale was great! Managed to pass Bumblebee, which makes it my first arcade 10 star Oni pass (if you don't count Ridge Racer or Taiko 14's Scroll Mika). I spammed it on DS and PSP beforehand to get used to the streams though, haha. I'm also finding it easier to pass Kurenai now. DanceDance

Parcivale is steadily improving too! Got to play more doubles together so she can get used to playing harder songs. *is proud* Very Happy

Kelayr
素人
素人


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello all!

Post by yuu_yuki on Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:10 pm

Kelayr wrote:Today's Taiko session with Parcivale was great! Managed to pass Bumblebee, which makes it my first arcade 10 star Oni pass (if you don't count Ridge Racer or Taiko 14's Scroll Mika). I spammed it on DS and PSP beforehand to get used to the streams though, haha. I'm also finding it easier to pass Kurenai now. DanceDance

Parcivale is steadily improving too! Got to play more doubles together so she can get used to playing harder songs. *is proud* Very Happy

Wow, that's great!! You guys sure are improving fast!! Razz

_________________
Year 2012, I still love my kapibaras
TaikoDojo will Survive!!
somehow.. in its own unique ways..



I worship the book of Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.... and Kapibara Plushies xD
avatar
yuu_yuki
Moderator
Moderator


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello all!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum