Random-ness Continues

Page 3 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next

Go down

Re: Random-ness Continues

Post by まきお on Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:19 pm

Rubyrain wrote:
yuu_yuki wrote:

None of us start off as good friends, until we join this forum and get to know each other better. This is what i wanna achieve, at least to make everyone feel there is a bond with one another. Friendship, "family", "buddies", whichever you want to describe. kat=3

LOL. Last time i also dun like Yuu. xD the annoying girl who dunno how to auto when ppl say last game de. =.=" HAHA.

HAHA quite true I must say. Before TaikoDojo and the arrival of Taiko no Tatsujin 11, everyone of us were total strangers walking our own different paths and playing Taiko either on PS2, PSP or Nintendo DS. And some of us were playing Taiko 5 and Taiko 6 at certain Zone Xs too. No one ever thought of Taiko players coming together one day at that time.

For me, more than one year ago, I was just a solo Taiko no Tatsujin player spending 2-3 days a week playing Taiko 5 at Jurong East Entertainment, and also playing Taiko 6 at Dhoby Ghaut too. At that time, I thought I was the only one who can play muzukashii mode in Singapore while others just like to see and go only. And I never even touch Oni mode (Peach mode, as it is known in 5 and 6) before too. And I only like to touch J-pop and anime songs too, never even tried the game songs and Namco Originals at all. When Taiko 11 arrives at Jurong Point, I was excited and started playing it almost everyday. And that is when Blyx and HARU came along and started introducing me to play Oni mode. At that time, I can't even pass 'Touch' and 'Natsu Matsuri' in Oni mode at all. And through Blyx and HARU, I got to know our temporary post at SGCafe, started playing Oni mode, and also starting to play game songs and Namco Originals as well. And through Brandon is also when I met Yuu and Yue for the first time at AMKHub last year (it was Yuu's b'day at that time, and it's also my first outing with other playing Taiko too). And I remembered that they helped me bought my first set of bachis too at AMK and started testing them out immediately. And from Blyx and Yuu, thats when I started meeting yimin, gias, jenny, Resdel, CK..... the list goes on and on. That is when Yuu decided to open this forum where all of us can gather and get to know one another well^^ Its great to see how much we have grown over the past few months, from being a small group of friends to a huge community. And I won't be here posting now if I've not met Blyx and Yuu; I'd still be a wondering solo player now. Thanks guys~

And yeah, I always see this forum as a hub where Taiko players meet and make friends with one another, chatting about mainly Taiko no Tatsujin, sharing Taiko experiences and difficulties faced as well as non-related Taiko stuffs such as jubeat, Drummania, Natsu Matsuri, anime, karaoke, H1N1, politics.... you name it. We've also gone to great lengths by participating in DrumZout2009 too. But then again, its sad to see people who likes to compare scores, rank and see who is the best player of all. Even worse, those who look down on players who are just above average. What's with the 'wiping off scores and making the player cry', or maybe 'wiping of Hana scores', the 'annihilation of dojo', 'ranking of Taiko players'... all the stuffs. It's a shame to see such topics surfaced on a friendly community based TaikoDojo forum. We're all friends and I don't see any need for rivalry or jealousy among one another.

As for the TaikoDojo 1 year celebration, let's have it on a weekend in October, a date which is around the day where the forum is out of BETA phase. Cake is a good idea, but let's do it outdoors instead of indoors if everyone agrees~
まきお
修行中
修行中

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia on Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:31 pm

Same thing for me. I used to play at JP all my life, like 4 years back. It was quite fun but they removed the machine for years before bringing back Taiko 11 when I started playing again.

This is when AMH (my secondary school senior) and Brandon intro'd me into this forum when they caught me playing. Then I slowly got to met everyone like Yuu, Makio, CK, Mint, Yue, Ruby and etc... For me, problems are all over the place. We can't deny this cause no where in the world if problem free.

Just glad that we managed to pull through and made it until now. Events on the way, like Drumzout, was enriching for us and so on. Coming this October, I agree with Makio we should have an outdoor celebration. I'll probably share my cake with TKDJ as well (so I take half, TKDJ take half)
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HareHareYukai on Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:12 am

like the spirit going on around here ^^ thats what we're talking about yeah.
bytheway anyone good at designing icons/pictures here?

we should have a birthday theme for the forum for the month of october, you know, just like google or some other websites in festive seasons(you see the word "google" change according to the theme).

then we'll have a new taikodojo logo buttons and layout! Yay(:

and yuu ya i remember the past times. much more fun and enjoyable. surely a big community is good and all, but i miss the past times. (:
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hayatekazama on Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:47 am

ughh.. if the celebration is on weekend den I cannot make it.. my job doesn't allow me to take offs on weekends.. sob only on mon to thurs.. >_<
hayatekazama
駆けだし
駆けだし

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain on Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:14 am

outdoors hard leh... wad do u suggest? another bbq? hahas. out of ideas for now.

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia on Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:50 am

Go out and have fun? Like go Escape Theme Park or similar. One day fun I think can liao.

Random:

Saw Taiko 12 yesterday. First time in my life I see SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many people...all unknown one. Young to old, playing.

And I reached home at 2am -.-" now sleepy in class...
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PegaKok on Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:21 pm

Rubyrain wrote:outdoors hard leh... wad do u suggest? another bbq? hahas. out of ideas for now.

Steamboat. =x
PegaKok
修行中
修行中

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PegaKok on Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:22 pm

Giazenshia wrote:Go out and have fun? Like go Escape Theme Park or similar. One day fun I think can liao.

Random:

Saw Taiko 12 yesterday. First time in my life I see SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many people...all unknown one. Young to old, playing.

And I reached home at 2am -.-" now sleepy in class...

No one is too young/old to play any games. ^o^
PegaKok
修行中
修行中

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bennyljh on Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:36 pm

Go to the beach!
bennyljh
素人
素人

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HareHareYukai on Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:51 pm

PegaKok wrote:
Rubyrain wrote:outdoors hard leh... wad do u suggest? another bbq? hahas. out of ideas for now.

Steamboat. =x

Love kokky's idea. supports!*
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PegaKok on Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:49 am

Some random ideas visited my brain.
PegaKok
修行中
修行中

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ongchinkai on Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:07 am

Random ideas:
1. board games, Settler's or Mind's Cafe
2. cycling, East Coast Park
3. beach volleyball, Sentosa beach
4. sightseeing, some random attraction
5. badminton, some random CC
6. movie, some random cinema
ongchinkai
半人前
半人前

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki on Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:52 pm

まきお wrote:
HAHA quite true I must say. Before TaikoDojo and the arrival of Taiko no Tatsujin 11, everyone of us were total strangers walking our own different paths and playing Taiko either on PS2, PSP or Nintendo DS. And some of us were playing Taiko 5 and Taiko 6 at certain Zone Xs too. No one ever thought of Taiko players coming together one day at that time.

For me, more than one year ago, I was just a solo Taiko no Tatsujin player spending 2-3 days a week playing Taiko 5 at Jurong East Entertainment, and also playing Taiko 6 at Dhoby Ghaut too. At that time, I thought I was the only one who can play muzukashii mode in Singapore while others just like to see and go only. And I never even touch Oni mode (Peach mode, as it is known in 5 and 6) before too. And I only like to touch J-pop and anime songs too, never even tried the game songs and Namco Originals at all. When Taiko 11 arrives at Jurong Point, I was excited and started playing it almost everyday. And that is when Blyx and HARU came along and started introducing me to play Oni mode. At that time, I can't even pass 'Touch' and 'Natsu Matsuri' in Oni mode at all. And through Blyx and HARU, I got to know our temporary post at SGCafe, started playing Oni mode, and also starting to play game songs and Namco Originals as well. And through Brandon is also when I met Yuu and Yue for the first time at AMKHub last year (it was Yuu's b'day at that time, and it's also my first outing with other playing Taiko too). And I remembered that they helped me bought my first set of bachis too at AMK and started testing them out immediately. And from Blyx and Yuu, thats when I started meeting yimin, gias, jenny, Resdel, CK..... the list goes on and on. That is when Yuu decided to open this forum where all of us can gather and get to know one another well^^ Its great to see how much we have grown over the past few months, from being a small group of friends to a huge community. And I won't be here posting now if I've not met Blyx and Yuu; I'd still be a wondering solo player now. Thanks guys~

And yeah, I always see this forum as a hub where Taiko players meet and make friends with one another, chatting about mainly Taiko no Tatsujin, sharing Taiko experiences and difficulties faced as well as non-related Taiko stuffs such as jubeat, Drummania, Natsu Matsuri, anime, karaoke, H1N1, politics.... you name it. We've also gone to great lengths by participating in DrumZout2009 too. But then again, its sad to see people who likes to compare scores, rank and see who is the best player of all. Even worse, those who look down on players who are just above average. What's with the 'wiping off scores and making the player cry', or maybe 'wiping of Hana scores', the 'annihilation of dojo', 'ranking of Taiko players'... all the stuffs. It's a shame to see such topics surfaced on a friendly community based TaikoDojo forum. We're all friends and I don't see any need for rivalry or jealousy among one another.

As for the TaikoDojo 1 year celebration, let's have it on a weekend in October, a date which is around the day where the forum is out of BETA phase. Cake is a good idea, but let's do it outdoors instead of indoors if everyone agrees~

Woah, you remembered my birthday that time!! *touched*
DanceDance

About the 'wiping off scores and making the player cry', or maybe 'wiping of Hana scores', the 'annihilation of dojo', 'ranking of Taiko players' those are totally stupid and lame. Someone keeps saying wanna leave, determined to quit taiko etc etc, but let's just see if that person joins in the upcoming taiko competition. If this person does, this person does not honor the words said.

Anyway, is there any halal steamboat?? I think it's a great idea!!
lol!

I worship the book of Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.... and Kapibara Plushies xD
yuu_yuki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkOni++ on Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:59 pm

yuu_yuki wrote:
まきお wrote:

DanceDance

About the 'wiping off scores and making the player cry', or maybe 'wiping of Hana scores', the 'annihilation of dojo', 'ranking of Taiko players' those are totally stupid and lame. Someone keeps saying wanna leave, determined to quit taiko etc etc, but let's just see if that person joins in the upcoming taiko competition. If this person does, this person does not honor the words said.

lol!

I think its quite good coz mybe some muslim ppl may come thgh I dnt live in Singapore. I know bit of their customs abit~ Cnt eat pork, mst have specific way to slaughter chicken, beef, lamb smth, no animal with fangs etc..

DarkOni++
駆けだし
駆けだし

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HareHareYukai on Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:39 am

yuu_yuki wrote:
まきお wrote:

DanceDance

lol!
come to think of it its ur birthday soon. o: happy birthday in advance.^^
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain on Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:39 am

lol. sky's beday comes earlier.

btw... @ yuu zabor: next time go kbox sing this with me!!!