Taiko Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Distress Thread

+17
angelint960123
-x(Dex)x-
th_newbie
jenny_amh
ongchinkai
まきお
Hui
Kyon
PegaKok
hayatekazama
cats_and_corgi
Zenova
Giazenshia
gepi
mitsurugi
Rubyrain
yuu_yuki
21 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

The Distress Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Distress Thread

Post by PegaKok Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:56 pm

Giazenshia wrote:
gepi wrote:I can't believe how people come into the two-wrongs-make-a-right conclusion.

and I wish that there's a limit to utter stupidity.

about some random person while I went iluma just now.

Eh? -(-1) = +1?

Now my "internal" alarm clock is screwed. I overslept and woke up at 9:30, then end up don't want go school le.

Polytechnic > Secondary (In terms of... Pon School/Lesson rate) Very Happy
PegaKok
PegaKok
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by gepi Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:59 pm

Rubyrain wrote:at least u're upset abt random ppl. I can't believe how UTTERLY STUPID some adults can be. 40+ already still dunno how to control their emotions. And wad is it abt parents who love to use their children to show off? Like, just cuz ur sec sch is a little more well known doesn't make u a genius luh.

I nv ever told my parents my results, until the last day then get them to sign report book. mine even when I get 90+ for every frigging subject then get 60+ for only one(chinese), they look at the 60+ loh.

-i x -i = -1.
gepi
gepi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:19 pm

Good loh, your chinese got 60.

Mine got single digit before a lot of times. Damn malu. Last time in Secondary school, I was known as the best in Science, rock bottom in Chinese (#1 from the bottom). And was pestered by all the heads to take Chinese B but I kept refusing. Then my parents also know my Chinese cmi so they also spoke to the school so in the end I drop Chinese.

End up Chinese lesson own self go library enjoy aircon sleep or read book. Or go emo somewhere/help teacher do stuffs. Then my school have this Mother Tongue intensive programme before the O levels, whole day Chinese/Malay/Tamil (Yes, whole day, 5 days a week for 2 weeks before the paper)

I either emo at library or having 1 on 1 lessons with my other teachers who are so free cause everyone else is doing the intensive learning.
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by PegaKok Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:55 pm

Giazenshia wrote:Good loh, your chinese got 60.

Mine got single digit before a lot of times. Damn malu. Last time in Secondary school, I was known as the best in Science, rock bottom in Chinese (#1 from the bottom). And was pestered by all the heads to take Chinese B but I kept refusing. Then my parents also know my Chinese cmi so they also spoke to the school so in the end I drop Chinese.

End up Chinese lesson own self go library enjoy aircon sleep or read book. Or go emo somewhere/help teacher do stuffs. Then my school have this Mother Tongue intensive programme before the O levels, whole day Chinese/Malay/Tamil (Yes, whole day, 5 days a week for 2 weeks before the paper)

I either emo at library or having 1 on 1 lessons with my other teachers who are so free cause everyone else is doing the intensive learning.

There was once during my Secondary School days, a Chinese teacher asked 1 of the students who is very weak in Chinese. She asked, "Do you know your chinese name?"

The student replied, "ya"

Teacher: "Then good. At least you know at least 3 Chinese Characters."

-_-"""
PegaKok
PegaKok
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by gepi Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:03 pm

PegaKok wrote:
Giazenshia wrote:Good loh, your chinese got 60.

There was once during my Secondary School days, a Chinese teacher asked 1 of the students who is very weak in Chinese. She asked, "Do you know your chinese name?"

The student replied, "ya"

Teacher: "Then good. At least you know at least 3 Chinese Characters."

-_-"""

there was once when I seriously forget how to write my chinese name.
gepi
gepi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:58 pm

Believe it or not, I can only write my name, read words that are common throughout and faced in our lives (like noodles, rice etc etc, those easily found outside)

That's what I did for my O level oral. The passage I skipped 85% of it cause I got no idea how to read. Seriously no idea. Convo I lucky lah, I managed to blurt out a little.

Listening worse, I did "tikum" cause I didn't understand a lot. Same for written paper, just tikum or leave blank. Comprehension just copy and paste. Compo, almost never do anything except write the address for letter then rubbish, free writing also write rubbish

Now writing in Japanese seems easier than in Chinese. And I'm so glad we don't have to study Chinese anymore in Poly... ^^
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:06 am

sorry to be blunt, but i seriously find it a shame that so many Chinese people can't speak/write their mother language properly. while we're busy trying to learn the language and cultures of other countries, we cannot even be bothered to put in the effort for our very own culture and language.

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by PegaKok Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:34 am

Giazenshia wrote:Believe it or not, I can only write my name, read words that are common throughout and faced in our lives (like noodles, rice etc etc, those easily found outside)

That's what I did for my O level oral. The passage I skipped 85% of it cause I got no idea how to read. Seriously no idea. Convo I lucky lah, I managed to blurt out a little.

Listening worse, I did "tikum" cause I didn't understand a lot. Same for written paper, just tikum or leave blank. Comprehension just copy and paste. Compo, almost never do anything except write the address for letter then rubbish, free writing also write rubbish

Now writing in Japanese seems easier than in Chinese. And I'm so glad we don't have to study Chinese anymore in Poly... ^^

For my case... it only happen in my English paper.

</3 Comprehension... because I dunno how to comprehend the passage. @_@
PegaKok
PegaKok
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by PegaKok Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:37 am

Rubyrain wrote:sorry to be blunt, but i seriously find it a shame that so many Chinese people can't speak/write their mother language properly. while we're busy trying to learn the language and cultures of other countries, we cannot even be bothered to put in the effort for our very own culture and language.

Definitely, Singaporeans are pretty good in 1 language. xD

Spoiler:
PegaKok
PegaKok
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by gepi Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:54 am

Rubyrain wrote:sorry to be blunt, but i seriously find it a shame that so many Chinese people can't speak/write their mother language properly. while we're busy trying to learn the language and cultures of other countries, we cannot even be bothered to put in the effort for our very own culture and language.

but some people is really cmi until cannot cmi.
gepi
gepi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:05 pm

I wish in my IC, when they put race, I wish I can put something like N/A, and omit my Chinese name.

I seriously have no idea how to write my Chinese name in the traditional way, only simplified. And worse of all, when someone unknown speaks to me in Chinese too fast or using comple words, I'll tend to be like "err English pl0x". Even my Indian teacher during my secondary school speaks better Mandarin than me...

Singlish is nice lol. Only when spoken to fellow Singaporeans. Thankfully my English is strong since I have a year and a half of experience of communicating with Americans. Must be perfect (you leh lah lor they'll be wtf are you talking about) or they wouldn't understand me. Both verbally and written.
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by gepi Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:59 pm

Giazenshia wrote:I wish in my IC, when they put race, I wish I can put something like N/A, and omit my Chinese name.

I seriously have no idea how to write my Chinese name in the traditional way, only simplified. And worse of all, when someone unknown speaks to me in Chinese too fast or using comple words, I'll tend to be like "err English pl0x". Even my Indian teacher during my secondary school speaks better Mandarin than me...

Singlish is nice lol. Only when spoken to fellow Singaporeans. Thankfully my English is strong since I have a year and a half of experience of communicating with Americans. Must be perfect (you leh lah lor they'll be wtf are you talking about) or they wouldn't understand me. Both verbally and written.

wah liddat you pawn those acs/rjc abc's that I know. those listening compre can't even read the instructions need teacher to translate.
gepi
gepi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:58 am

There's not much need to learn traditional Chinese actually. if i'm not wrong, taiwan is the only place using traditional Chi. even China is using the simplified one. at least we don't have to learn the ancient kind.

wad i find interesting abt chinese is the thousands of years of history and culture; how each character developed from wormy looking things into beautiful ones today. I don't know abt u guys, but I believe each person's chinese name carries a meaning, and if u can understand it, u will learn to appreciate ur chinese name even more. as for christian names, i don't have much idea wad mine means, because i have never bothered with reading the bible. haha..

Rant:
Just got pissed off at work again. Some people are just so effing two-faced. And still can say so loudly that she is very "aboveboard". hope she dies, goes to hell, and get her face and body disfigured.

Got a feeling she's been patronising my blog. Should i rant all my frustrations loud and clear for her to see?

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:49 pm

My Chinese name doesn't crossover to English/Malay very well. Damn sad.

Gias is more or less, a codename for me. A crossover from Real life + Science + Anime. Haha. *Maybe I should go change my name on my IC*

Shamefully I know what Hinagiku means rather than my own. zzz
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by PegaKok Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:31 pm

Rubyrain wrote:There's not much need to learn traditional Chinese actually. if i'm not wrong, taiwan is the only place using traditional Chi. even China is using the simplified one. at least we don't have to learn the ancient kind.

wad i find interesting abt chinese is the thousands of years of history and culture; how each character developed from wormy looking things into beautiful ones today. I don't know abt u guys, but I believe each person's chinese name carries a meaning, and if u can understand it, u will learn to appreciate ur chinese name even more. as for christian names, i don't have much idea wad mine means, because i have never bothered with reading the bible. haha..

Rant:
Just got pissed off at work again. Some people are just so effing two-faced. And still can say so loudly that she is very "aboveboard". hope she dies, goes to hell, and get her face and body disfigured.

Got a feeling she's been patronising my blog. Should i rant all my frustrations loud and clear for her to see?

HongKong as well. They use Traditional Chinese.
PegaKok
PegaKok
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsurugi Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:32 pm

Giazenshia wrote:My Chinese name doesn't crossover to English/Malay very well. Damn sad.

Gias is more or less, a codename for me. A crossover from Real life + Science + Anime. Haha. *Maybe I should go change my name on my IC*

Shamefully I know what Hinagiku means rather than my own. zzz

If there is a chinese name that crosses to english well, i won't mind having it, my name is just a random one my father found from a book and thought was good looking Very Happy

and rather than my english and chinese name, I also understand the meaning of Haruhi better...
mitsurugi
mitsurugi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by gepi Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:46 pm

Rubyrain wrote:
Rant:

my workplace got a lot of these people loh. used to it le. because I got a say-sayonara date.
gepi
gepi
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:08 am

I wanna understand the meaning of Kapibara's way of Life. xD
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:20 am

eat and sleep loh. still need wad meaning? LOL.

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:01 pm

GAHHH stupid MRT got fault again.

2 times in 2 weeks, always at the Boon Lay - Jurong East area.

I'm late again, no mood liao. Cause late = downgrade. And I hope SMRT loves the damn aggressive complaint letter that I have sent... ^^. Always raise our train fare and more jams happens. Good way to "eat" our money.

They got money don't want repair train tracks, keep build new one...
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by PegaKok Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:24 pm

Giazenshia wrote:GAHHH stupid MRT got fault again.

2 times in 2 weeks, always at the Boon Lay - Jurong East area.

I'm late again, no mood liao. Cause late = downgrade. And I hope SMRT loves the damn aggressive complaint letter that I have sent... ^^. Always raise our train fare and more jams happens. Good way to "eat" our money.

They got money don't want repair train tracks, keep build new one...

In the morning from about 7.20am to 8.35am at Jurong East, there will be trains coming from the North-South line towards Pasir Ris.

I believe that's the stupid MRT you are encountering? O_O?
PegaKok
PegaKok
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:16 pm

Rubyrain wrote:eat and sleep loh. still need wad meaning? LOL.

Kapibara's Way of Life:

Daily Functioning:
The Distress Thread - Page 2 Kapaka10

Personality Traits:
The Distress Thread - Page 2 Kapaka11

Follow the Kapi Way:
The Distress Thread - Page 2 Kapaka12

Enjoy onsen, look at blue sky, eat, sleep and so forth. No kapibara is distress.
There are deep meanings within according to psychological interpretations..
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubyrain Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:19 am

Currently in a "very-sick-of-everything" mood. Haha. Hate how some ppl love to shoot their mouth off and brag about everything, while at the same time lecturing ppl on not showing off.

Trying damn hard to save enough money for a trip to Taiwan at the end of the year but money never seems to be enough. Always always, something crops up and depletes my money. %*&#)*@#$

Rubyrain
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Hui Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:36 am

@ Ruby zabor

Aiyo.. Work is always like tat de la.. Lol.. E other day i for nothing also kana scolded sommore is go replace ppl to work.. zzz.. More sian den those ppl act big infront of others lo..

Haha.. Saving money is hard now.. Haiz.. I also trying hard to save money le.. But i always tent to shop away my money.. Hahahahaha.. =x
Hui
Hui
初心者
初心者

Back to top Go down

Post by yuu_yuki Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:00 pm

Rubyrain wrote:Currently in a "very-sick-of-everything" mood. Haha. Hate how some ppl love to shoot their mouth off and brag about everything, while at the same time lecturing ppl on not showing off.

Haha, are you referring to the person we talked about when we're eating nasi lemak yesterday?

@Hui,
Zabor no.2, we go find you then don't know where is the entrance to your dance school sia. xD
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next