Taiko Dojo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If not now...Then when?

+2
yuu_yuki
HareHareYukai
6 posters

Go down

If not now...Then when? Empty If not now...Then when?

Post by HareHareYukai Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:33 pm

Recently, my school had a series of unfortunate things happening. Two young boys have rest in peace after various reasons, both of which are unpredictable and sudden, due to unexpected health conditions and rare diseases. Imagine their families having to face all of these, coupled with the fact that they are young aspiring students with a bright future. But all of these is taken away instantaneously, sometimes so quickly that you don't even get a chance to say goodbye to them, with the example of my grandmother, who passed away a few days ago.

Life is short and unpredictable. We never know what's going to happen the next moment. One moment you may be bouncing, active, healthy and fine, but the next moment you could be lying in bed seriously ill. Anything can happen in this world. While we are sitting in front of our computer in our world of luxuries, the same way that I am now, we often fail to realise that many others are suffering the very moment that we are enjoying ourselves. New lives are created every moment as i type now, and people are passing away this very moment as well.

As such, we often take things for granted. We usually think that we can live to a ripe old age, as anyone else can, and things can wait. After all, we are so used to all the comforts of life, and it's not going to end soon, right?

Why bother going the extra mile to offer your seat to an old lady?
Why bother thanking your parents for what they have done?
Why bother spending some time off your schedule to comfort a friend who's sad?
Why bother ... WHY?

We can do all of these anytime.. there's no point in doing it now, is there? Why not just do it another time? After all, there are still so many opportunities to do so..

OR ARE THERE?

We take for granted many things given to us in our fast-paced life that we often neglect the people around us. We take for granted that we are living happily right now. We take for granted, that we have our parents' care, our sibilings, our friends, our loved ones.

You never know what's going to happen the very next moment of your life,
SO LIVE EVERYDAY AS THOUGH IT WERE YOUR LAST, and be thankful for things that are given to you everyday.

Appreciate the many little things in life. We do not know how long others, or even ourselves are going to live. Life is too unpredictable. Even small little actions, like helping your friend buy food, or carrying something for them, or even saying good morning to them may just make their day. They might not tell you that, but they will feel good.

In life, at the brink of death, we will not think of our achievements, our school life, our business, our games, or anything else.

The only thing you will think about is: WHO YOU LOVED, and WHO LOVED YOU.

Do everything you want to do now. Don't wait. Love and care for the people around you. Tell them how much you appreciate their daily actions, their presence to support you in life, everything that they have done for you, even a simple greeting matters.

Live a FULL LIFE. Not the quantity, the quality matters. Even if you live to a ripe old age of 90, but no one cared for you and neither have you cared for anyone, there's no difference from not living in the first place.

Do everything that you think will show exactly how much you love your loved ones, your family, your friends, your other half.

Don't regret. We only live one life, so do others.
Do it all today. Tell them you truly love and care, and show it.

At this moment I will tell a few individuals from this community how much I appreciate your actions and that I am really grateful to you for making my life a better and happier one.

Special Mention for the people whose actions have impacted my life:
I Thank,
First and foremost,
My other half, for completing the hole in my life, caring for me, and loving me. Knowing that you are always by my side gives me courage to do many things. I love you.

Gepi,
For being my best friend, teaching me math, helping me pass my exams, giving me support to challenge myself, being a caring friend who's concerned. And thanks for coming to my granny's wake.

Yuu,
Your introduction to sgcafe was the first step that went a long way to knowing this great community and the people around me. You're a great friend too, and you help me in times of need. I appreciate that.

Lex,
I had a very negative perception of you, to be honest with you, for the past year. But getting to know you better has let me seen the nicer side of you. You really are a good friend, whether in good times or bad times. I can trust you and confide in you. Thanks, and I appreciate your presence in my life.

Chinkai+Mint,
You two are great friends too, though we haven't really seen each other much or get to really know each other. You're really kind people, and you brought me the experience of sitting in a pickup. It's unforgettable. Thanks for the ride.

And all other taikodojo members not mentioned, thanks for making my life a better one, a more fufilling one, and thanks for all the caring and sharing. I appreciate it.

Everyone, go tell your loved ones how much you appreciate their actions and do everything you would want to do on the last day of your life today, now in this instant.

After all,
IF NOT NOW, THEN WHEN?

Last edited by HareHareYukai on Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

If not now...Then when? Empty Re: If not now...Then when?

Post by yuu_yuki Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:35 pm

How true. We take a lot of things for granted.
I will tell you my story of a friend in my chinese orchestra.

This friend of mine, often sees me will say hi and stuffs. Both of us do sit down and chat and joke around often too. This particular sunday practice, she was late and then after practice, she went back.
She met an accident on her way back. Hit by a vehicle, her body flew and slam on the other car, and she may have a surviving chance but this was taken away by the vehicle which came crashing into her.
She was sandwiched between a van and a car.

This was out in the news and front page of the paper.
Seeing photos with your friend's blood puddles there on the road doesn't make you feel good.

That particular sunday, i missed to say hi to her, sit around and chat with her nor even i get a chance to joke with her. And i can never do that again.
Never.

So do cherish your friends and people around you as you never know what will happen next.
To all of them who had passed away:
May you rest in peace.
yuu_yuki
yuu_yuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Mint Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:17 pm

I lost one of my very best friends in life when I was too young to really appreciate his presence. Only after I turned 12 did I realize how important he actually was and how much impact he made on my life, on my huge undying interest in drama. More than a decade went by since his passing, but I still think of him a lot, and I don't think I'll ever stop thinking of him ever. I also lost my grandpa a few years ago, who is the only grandparent figure I've ever known. Honestly I feel it's impossible to move on from the sadness, but it doesn't do us any good to dwell on what's no longer around. Life is too short for us to hesitate on action; to stay silent and not act; to bear grudges and cut people from your life; to tell all your loved ones exactly how much you love and adore them.
Mint
Mint
見習い
見習い

Back to top Go down

Post by Giazenshia Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:50 pm

For me, my grandmother passed away last year, on August, and it happened to be before my O level exams.

I miss her a lot, until now, for that she took care of me since I was small because both my parents are working.

I had to say, the more memories you make with the person, the more painful the parting is. I remembered shutting myself in my room and was in a depression for months because she was someone who I do not want to forget and loved. The worst thing is that I didn't get to say goodbye to her, for she was in Malaysia at the brink of her death. That is one thing I can't forgive myself for.

I also knew people passed away due to illness and even depressions. I knew of a friend who committed suicide because of his personal problem. I wish I had talked to him over it and helped him so that this problem would never happen.

For now, I will always live my life to the fullest and do whatever I can before I depart from this world. You can only get to do something once or twice before you pass away, so do whatever you can now and be glad that you have done it.
Giazenshia
Giazenshia
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrozz Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:12 am

Just recently I relized all of the things I had been taken for granted. I was too focused on being independent that I didn't notice the effort and favors my friends and family did for me. After relizing this I immidiatly made the effort to return favors and go out of my way for my friends. I won't let it happen again, because if something ever were to happen I wouldn't want to live with the guilt of knowing that I never gave back.
Pyrozz
Pyrozz
Head of Simulation Development
Head of Simulation Development

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenova Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:58 am

o.o i know that we shud never take things for granted and i always appreciate things a lot but.... this thread seems kinda.. emo, no offence btw >_< cuz normally i dun express feelings out liddat de

Zenova
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by HareHareYukai Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:46 pm

Zenova wrote:o.o i know that we shud never take things for granted and i always appreciate things a lot but.... this thread seems kinda.. emo, no offence btw >_< cuz normally i dun express feelings out liddat de

then try to.. you're like jack la all dont know how to express emotions through words.
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenova Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:44 pm

HareHareYukai wrote:
Zenova wrote:o.o i know that we shud never take things for granted and i always appreciate things a lot but.... this thread seems kinda.. emo, no offence btw >_< cuz normally i dun express feelings out liddat de

then try to.. you're like jack la all dont know how to express emotions through words.

lol but i always kill my emotions fast cuz i dun like to dwell on things. So most of the time I don't feel much o_o sry la it's a bad habit cuz last time I always get in trouble cuz of emotions so I did that.

At least you don't see me going mad or smth =p i still like my way

Zenova
半人前
半人前

Back to top Go down

Post by HareHareYukai Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:26 am

Zenova wrote:
HareHareYukai wrote:

lol but i always kill my emotions fast cuz i dun like to dwell on things. So most of the time I don't feel much o_o sry la it's a bad habit cuz last time I always get in trouble cuz of emotions so I did that.

At least you don't see me going mad or smth =p i still like my way

then go ahead with your way then..its fine.
HareHareYukai
HareHareYukai
修行中
修行中

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum